• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • 21 Years, a search in time

    It seems that there was no big announcement for the Genesis 3 base figures.  This is what I found from something written in June 24, 2015

    Some readers may be wondering: “What?! I only have Genesis 2, where do I get Genesis 3?” Good question — none of the Victoria 7 DAZ Store pages have any indication of how you get Genesis 3. The latest version of DAZ Studio states clearly that it only ships with Genesis 2. DAZ’s main Genesis 3 information page has no links to any G3 downloads or product.

    So the process of getting G3 seems a real mystery. It took me 40 minutes of searching until I found the following aside, buried in a Forum thread:

    “You can select it [the new G3 Female icon] in your Library [inside of DAZ Studio 4.8 beta only] then click the Download & Install button”

    The same observation was made in an article from the same source written on November 17, 2015.  In both cases the articles were written after the official launch dates of Vickie and Mike 7 as cited my @MelanieL.  The low key rollout of the Genesis 3 base may be the reason why there was no big announcement. @Ghosty12  do you have a link or image to the Genesis 3 promo page? 

    By

    3dLux 3dLux May 2021 in The Commons
  • 21 Years, a search in time

    GiGi_7 said:

    Ghosty12 said:

    I think that Genesis 3, Victoria 7 and Micheal 7 will be a bit miffed for being left out of the list..

     

    I’m a little frustrated that I can’t find official images of Victoria 7 and Michael 7 that aren’t the same as the promos on their product pages.

    I even got a promo of Victoria 1 and Michael 1 as a couple and none of the generation 7. 

     

    Ahh k, I wondered why makes one wonder why Genesis 2 and Genesis 8/8.1 got so much fanfare but Genesis 3 did not..

    MelanieL said:

    These were the first promos for V7 (June 23rd 2015) and the first for M7 (November 17th 2015) but sadly I don't have a "this is Genesis 3" type annoucement image.

    The original Genesis 3 promo page does exist..

    By

    Ghosty12 Ghosty12 May 2021 in The Commons
  • 21 Years, a search in time

    Ghosty12 said:

    I think that Genesis 3, Victoria 7 and Micheal 7 will be a bit miffed for being left out of the list..

     

    I’m a little frustrated that I can’t find official images of Victoria 7 and Michael 7 that aren’t the same as the promos on their product pages.

    I even got a promo of Victoria 1 and Michael 1 as a couple and none of the generation 7. 

     

    By

    almahiedra almahiedra May 2021 in The Commons
  • 21 Years, a search in time

    I think that Genesis 3, Victoria 7 and Micheal 7 will be a bit miffed for being left out of the list..

    By

    Ghosty12 Ghosty12 May 2021 in The Commons
  • 21 Years, a search in time

    Not finished, but Interesting to see the changes.

    I can't find good official material about Genesis 3, Victoria 7 or Michael 7.

     

    By

    almahiedra almahiedra May 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    watchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    Rod Wise Driggo said:

    Anybody any idea how long the 15% coupon which is usable twice might be valid? Used it one time already but would like to wait for the second time usage a little longer.

    What 15% off coupon? I’m really feeling out of the loop here...I did finally get an orange banner but it was for old animal/creature stuff I’ve already picked through a zillion times. It seems the PC banner was the same as the actual store promo then. Nothing extra? 

    It came in e-mail, and was triggered by owning 8.1 bundles of Victoria, Cleopatra, Jacqueline and Brooke (I don't own Brooke and I still got the e-mail).

    It sure looks like if you never buy any 8.1 bundle, you won't get any such banner anymore, I am afraid. You may have to buy some bundle first. It is a bit of a snowball. Start buying bundles, you then get discounts for other bundles, buying which triggers more discounts.

    Yeah, the only 8.1 bundle I got was the White Priestess but that didn’t trigger any discounts on anything else. There were no good deals on any bundles going forward so I stopped buying them. Plus I really don’t like the new PBR skin shaders and the duplicate expression sliders. I don’t really have a need for G8.1 but would get it if there was a great deal for the bundle. I will definitely get Mousso’s new characters eventually. If I don’t get good deals on bundles, I just don’t buy them so they are actually punishing themselves more than me by not offering the discounts. They are losing sales they could have gotten...

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland May 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Wonderland said:

    Rod Wise Driggo said:

    Anybody any idea how long the 15% coupon which is usable twice might be valid? Used it one time already but would like to wait for the second time usage a little longer.

    What 15% off coupon? I’m really feeling out of the loop here...I did finally get an orange banner but it was for old animal/creature stuff I’ve already picked through a zillion times. It seems the PC banner was the same as the actual store promo then. Nothing extra? 

    It came in e-mail, and was triggered by owning 8.1 bundles of Victoria, Cleopatra, Jacqueline and Brooke (I don't own Brooke and I still got the e-mail).

    It sure looks like if you never buy any 8.1 bundle, you won't get any such banner anymore, I am afraid. You may have to buy some bundle first. It is a bit of a snowball. Start buying bundles, you then get discounts for other bundles, buying which triggers more discounts.

    By

    watchdog79 watchdog79 May 2021 in The Commons
  • Informal Poll for a Worldwide Audience: How do you like your tea?

    hacsart said:

    have a look on Youtube for "A Nice Cup of Tea Presented by Victoria Wood ". You might find it interesting..

    Flagged for a later look, thanks!

    By

    Subtropic Pixel Subtropic Pixel May 2021 in The Commons
  • Informal Poll for a Worldwide Audience: How do you like your tea?

    have a look on Youtube for "A Nice Cup of Tea Presented by Victoria Wood ". You might find it interesting..

     

    By

    hacsart hacsart May 2021 in The Commons
  • DarlingX hair not showing in viewport preview Iray render

    I have the Darling X hair that I am trying to apply to a figure (Victoria 8.1) but when I apply it the visibility icon eye is closed (hidden) but still shows in texture shaded view however even after enabling visibility it will not show in Iray viewport preview rendering but will show in a full Iray Render. This is regardless of whether I pick the hair only or the one with the head dress

    By

    liquidphantom liquidphantom May 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Character "Rose" looks greyish in comparison to others?

    I don't have that character, so I can't tell, but do her skin textures really look radically different in colour to other figures?

    I've found quite a lot of difference in skin tone between different PAs' work when the images look very similar. The reason is that quite a lot of the colour you end up seeing is bound up in settings like translucency, SSS, etc. Sometimes you can get good results by starting with a skin from a figure that works well for you, then swapping the just the images to those of the other character - so you're using, say, Rose's images with Victoria's settings. Save the end result as a materials preset once you're happy with it.

    By

    chris-2599934 chris-2599934 May 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Character "Rose" looks greyish in comparison to others?

    Alright, my solution for this if anyone else runs into the problem has been to adjust the body textures. Obviously you don't want to lose your character's unique textures. So open up Rose_Torso.jpg in photoshop, then drag in another matching G8F texture as a new layer (such as Victoria or whomever). Change that new top layer to mode "color". This effectively colors the Rose texture to match most typical G8F textures and not look like she just got pulled from the morgue. Save the file in you DAZ 3d\Library\Runtime\Textures\Cherubit\Rose directory. Unfortunately you're going to have to do this for every single body texture... 
    If anyone knows a better way to fix this please let me know. This hasn't really completely solved the weird HDRI lighting issue where she is too dark. 

    By

    Endlessdescent Endlessdescent May 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Entries only thread

    tag:aprilshowers2065#9

    Late Due to Unexpected Side Effects

    Annie and Victoria should have been more careful when reading the potential side-effects fine print for the new 'Holiday Cheer' air freshener they added to their list of last minute party decoration

    By

    aprilshowers2065 aprilshowers2065 May 2021 in Art Studio
  • [Closed] RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Render Contest!

    tag:aprilshowers2065#9

    Late Due to Unexpected Side Effects

    Annie and Victoria should have been more careful when reading the potential side-effects fine print for the new 'Holiday Cheer' air freshener they added to their list of last minute party decorations
    Pulled:
    Water Nymph for V4
    Iray Nature Shaders - Bark
    Chandrani Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    dForce String Lights

    Also Used:
    Victoria 4.2 Base
    Genesis 2 Female
    Halloween Fright Table Decor
    Seafolk Kelphair For V4, A4, M4 And H4
    Utopia Living Room
    Charm Hair
    Christmas Freebie 2008 - Holiday Goodies
    faetop1 for V4
    MHE Fruit

    By

    aprilshowers2065 aprilshowers2065 May 2021 in Art Studio
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    ps201 said:

    Charlie Judge said:

    Abstract Soul said:

    Echoing the coupon BUNDLELOVE problem. Coupon also received and not working in cart. 

    Same here. Email received but coupon NOT working! angry

    Ditto, I own the required Victoria bundle, so it's not a qualification problem.

     

    Same issue, but I'm guessing one has to own all four mentioned bundles to get the discount?

    By

    TesseractSpace TesseractSpace May 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    ps201 said:

    Charlie Judge said:

    Abstract Soul said:

    Echoing the coupon BUNDLELOVE problem. Coupon also received and not working in cart. 

    Same here. Email received but coupon NOT working! angry

    Ditto, I own the required Victoria bundle, so it's not a qualification problem.

     

    Same issue, but I'm guessing one has to own all four mentioned bundles to get the discount?

    By

    TesseractSpace TesseractSpace May 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Charlie Judge said:

    Abstract Soul said:

    Echoing the coupon BUNDLELOVE problem. Coupon also received and not working in cart. 

    Same here. Email received but coupon NOT working! angry

    Ditto, I own the required Victoria bundle, so it's not a qualification problem.

    By

    ecks201 ecks201 May 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    watchdog79 said:

    Luciel said:

    watchdog79 said:

    I received an e-mail from Daz with a coupon for 15% off my whole cart (usable twice). Is there a reason why it is invalid for Jade's bundle?

    Pretty much always coupons come with some kind of exceptions. So they might have forgotten to put them.

    Usual ones vary between "new" items, PC+ and Fast grab. 

    It says:

    Because you own the Bundles for Victoria 8.1, Cleopatra 8.1, Jacqueline 8.1, and Brooke 8.1, get an EXTRA 15% OFF* your entire cart with Coupon Code:

    XXXX

    *Coupon Code usable twice per customer. Discount valid for intended recipients only.
    Cannot be used to purchase items already owned at a lower price.

    Hmm, I don't even own Brooke. *is confused*

    I'm guessing that not owning miss indecision (she soo looks like that), would make it "invalid"? 

    So they probably messed up the sending. Or they wrote it wrong (or both)~!

    By

    Luciel Luciel May 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Luciel said:

    watchdog79 said:

    I received an e-mail from Daz with a coupon for 15% off my whole cart (usable twice). Is there a reason why it is invalid for Jade's bundle?

    Pretty much always coupons come with some kind of exceptions. So they might have forgotten to put them.

    Usual ones vary between "new" items, PC+ and Fast grab. 

    It says:

    Because you own the Bundles for Victoria 8.1, Cleopatra 8.1, Jacqueline 8.1, and Brooke 8.1, get an EXTRA 15% OFF* your entire cart with Coupon Code:

    XXXX

    *Coupon Code usable twice per customer. Discount valid for intended recipients only.
    Cannot be used to purchase items already owned at a lower price.

    Hmm, I don't even own Brooke. *is confused*

    By

    watchdog79 watchdog79 May 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Well, could be. But in that case I would be seriously p**** as I own
    - Cleopatra's Egyptian Bundle
    - Cleopatra's Royal Vizier Bundle
    - Victoria 8.1 Loving Life Bundle
    - Victoria 8.1 University Bundle
    - Jacqueline 8.1 Alternate Reality Bundle
    plus gazillions of other bundles including 8.1 bundles like August 8.1 Bold and Fierce, August 8.1 Dapper Fluid, White Priestess Enchantment. Limiting that offer to only folks who bought each and every of the recent 4 female bundle-duos would not that nice.

    By

    Rod Wise Driggo Rod Wise Driggo May 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.