-
The materia copy of breastacular for G9 doesn't work
Doing a forum search for brastacular finds severl promising threads - this post may help you to work around the issue, if not to fix it https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/3254491/crosswind
As far as I can tell the product is not a morph, it is a GeoGraft (repacing one part of the geometry with another) combined with a Geometry Shell (live copy of the mesh with its own materials, presumably used to soften the transition between graft and base)
The materia copy of breastacular for G9 doesn't workI recently installed a breast morph (breastacular for G9) into my studio。When i click "materia copy",an error is displayed.
Here is the error
2024-10-12 19:19:08.159 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 189
2024-10-12 19:19:08.159 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'curSrcPropUV' [null] is not an object.
2024-10-12 19:19:08.159 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
<anonymous>()@F:/DAZ/zyk/People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/Breastacular/2-Breastacular_Material Copy.dse:189
2024-10-12 19:19:08.177 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: F:/DAZ/zyk/People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/Breastacular/2-Breastacular_Material Copy.dse
How can i solve this?
Any help would greatly appreciated.
Face Transfer 2 eyelash problem with eyes closedI've been trying to eliminate the problem with FT2 when a figure closes its eyes and the lash remains in the upper eyelid....
Took a character screenshot with the eyes closed...loaded it into GIMP and smudged them out....
unfortunatly...Too much of the character is lost in the transfer.
I can't swap out the skin textures or I lose a lot of the character.
best I have done is apply m ake-up from one character..then mess with transparacies until I get close...only problem is I lose the original Eye brows....
Got any ideas.
When morph loader pro imports the morph of sub-d 0, the figure shrinks.kypss951353 said:
crosswind said:
To clarify: Morph Subdivision settings comes from Morph Loader Pro SubD resolution plugin which only PAs can have and use. There's ever been a version of this plugin leaked in public by whoever a PA for DS 4.6 ...
So, some people use DS 4.6 just for using this plugin to import morph with SubD, for instance, making VAM character... yada yada ~ And of course, older exporter / importer as well as the "HD plugin" have bugs ~
I think this is not the main reason. In fact even if you use the latest version of daz you will lose high resolution morph data.
You misunderstood what I meant... Again, no users can import OBJ files as morphs with Subdivision unless they have the SubD resolution plugin that only DAZ PAs own. In your case, you just installed a leaked version for DS 4.6. That's it.
Premier Membership FAQ (Questions Only Please)Where does one find detailed manuals on the new plugins, i.e. Shape Transfer?
When morph loader pro imports the morph of sub-d 0, the figure shrinks.Make the morph at base res?
Yes, this solved my problem, thank you.
When morph loader pro imports the morph of sub-d 0, the figure shrinks.It defaults to a high-resolution figure before exporting. What a trap.
I had to use low-resolution to make the morphs so that it didn't shrink.Since I've already made the morph using high resolution as a base, unless there's a better way this is all I can do for now:
I imported an original g2 figure as a morph, brought it to 100%, then imported my morph, and then brought the original g2 figure's morph back to 0%. This way my morph retains high-resolution detail in sub-d0, which is exactly the same detail as the sub-d0 model I used for baking.
When morph loader pro imports the morph of sub-d 0, the figure shrinks.crosswind said:
To clarify: Morph Subdivision settings comes from Morph Loader Pro SubD resolution plugin which only PAs can have and use. There's ever been a version of this plugin leaked in public by whoever a PA for DS 4.6 ...
So, some people use DS 4.6 just for using this plugin to import morph with SubD, for instance, making VAM character... yada yada ~ And of course, older exporter / importer as well as the "HD plugin" have bugs ~
I think this is not the main reason. In fact even if you use the latest version of daz you will lose high resolution morph data.
Anime Toons and Filatoon Shader Q&ASapphireBlue said:
Thank you Mada and Dartanbeck and everyone else offering information on how to use these shaders, and also those sharing your renders. It's really helpful!

These shaders are super fun! And with filament, rendering is so fast. I thought I'd try the shaders on a G9 toon morph and test out a little animation to see how it fares. I was too tired to sync it to the original song audio, but wow, each frame rendered in under a second. I'm going to enjoy playing with this!
I also tested a couple of environments, but I couldn't get those to look that good yet. Have to experiment some more.
G9 Toon Animation Test
Very Nice! :)
Fixing pokethrough on dForce strand-based hairWhen transmapped hair moves through other things, and bones / other adjustments don't help, I can fix it with Mesh Grabber if it’s minor or a morph if its more significant.
An example of this might be a hand pushing into the hair. The hair should not go through the hand. But it also happens in other more common scenarios.
I’ve only just started to use 4.22 and the “new” hair (new to me) and while I feel it's far more realistic in renders, the simulation is not perfect. I didn't think it would be, but I thought I would be able to fix it. But the methods for transmapped hair don't appear to work. So sow do I move the hair if I am not satisfied with the simulation? I'm finding a lot of hair has no adjustment at all and trying over and over with tweaked animations is not getting me anywhere.
Are there tools that can just grab the offending hair and move it? Mesh Grabber cannot seem to see it and I have not had any luck importing it to Blender to make morphs. Dose the new rental Mesh Grabber do this? There's no trial, so I can't test it for myself.
Thanks.
Anime Toons and Filatoon Shader Q&AThank you Mada and Dartanbeck and everyone else offering information on how to use these shaders, and also those sharing your renders. It's really helpful!

These shaders are super fun! And with filament, rendering is so fast. I thought I'd try the shaders on a G9 toon morph and test out a little animation to see how it fares. I was too tired to sync it to the original song audio, but wow, each frame rendered in under a second. I'm going to enjoy playing with this!
I also tested a couple of environments, but I couldn't get those to look that good yet. Have to experiment some more.
G9 Toon Animation Test
Premier Questionskpr said:
crosswind said:
SnowSultan said:
Not quite, the upper arm still hangs straight down, but the forearm is bent 90 degrees, I guess more like how an old west cowboy would quickly draw a gun. Sorry for the vague description, when I get back to my PC, I will take a screenshot. Thanks.
So I don't continue to derail this thread, I did try the Premier Geometry Editor tool briefly yesterday. It's not bad, and decent if you want to make comically large morphs (like long ears or big noses), but it doesn't seem useful for many of things we've asked for in the past, like micropressure 'skindentations' for clothing. It seems OK for making impacts, like punches or objects colliding with skin. I'd say it's worth using if you don't want to use Blender or if you don't have Zbrush.
Okay, pls take your time. And I think you mean Geometry Sculptor tool ? I paid one month's Premier only for trying that tool. Well, though it's better than Mesh Grabber 3.0, but it's still limited... only with Draw / Smooth brush, still no Mask, Undo still doesn't work on the items with same Node Names... and Symmetry function has a big bug
yada yada ~~@crosswind I was interested in MeshGraber 4 (I wasn't so interested that I immediately upgraded to Premier!)
Could you tell me if you can "add" geometery to a model with the "Premier Hijacked Version" of MG4? Like add a pair of horns to a human head.
You can sort of do this in Hexagon (and Daz Bridge), by extending existing polys, but you can't add new polys (if you do, the Daz Bridge won't import it - Maybe you can do the same in Blender, and import it with MorphLoaderPro?)
If/when you've a little while, be great if you'd check on the functionality in Premier

Oh, no, you cannot "add geometry" but just "deform the geometry", as you said: extend existing polygons by grab (select) them first then drag or push. Now MG 4.0 (Geometry Sculptor) provides a Draw Brush, you can also deform the mesh with Draw Brush... but as usual, you still can do these on Base Mesh, i.e. no SubD manipulation.
I'm also a Blender user, so yes, most of the time it's easy to sculpt complex shape in Blender and import the shape back to DS as a morph by using MLP.
Well, Mesh Grabber 4.0 is better than 3.0, you can check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr5uEgesPnc No big change. But there's still limitations and some bugs. You can check this post:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8903241/#Comment_8903241
Anime Toons and Filatoon Shader Q&AI'm having fun playing with this but I noticed it doesn't do well with print designs. It worked best with the hair shader on print. But I guess toons look better without print. Still have to figure out lighting, I also noticed that even if you dial down the anime morph, it doesn't take all G9 morphs but you can still be creative with it or just put the shaders on G9 or another figure.I'm having a lot of fun playing around with this though. And it renders in less than 1 second! The only thing I don't like is the texture is very flat but maybe if I figure out lighting it would look better,

Limited Time Freebies Discussion ThreadHylas said:
Love me a ginger; here's Jared's skin.
I set translucency to 0.6 and the colour in the translucency channel to 0.744530 / 0.284452 / 0.166872
Added body hair and additional scruff. Morph is unrelated.Fabulous and thanks for the settings.
Why can't DAZ prevent Duplicate Formula problems with products they sell?Richard Haseltine said:
golem841 said:
May I say that it's a major fail of QC before releasing anything ?
If it is a comnflict between two differnt products, which is usually the case, then I cannot really agree with that.
Since G9, duplicate formulaes are exploding. I had some with G8, probably from other vendors. With G9 it's unbearable, with enormous loading times.
How old is your DS? Dupliate Formulas have pretty much stopped having a severe impact on load time for several vesions.
That's right as Richard said. Since a certain version of 4.21 (IIRC...), DS set a very solid mechanism to prevent duplicate url when creating and saving morph assets. As long as vendors (at least in this store) follow the standard workflow, there shouldn'be duplicate errors anymore since then. However, there're always some vendors who'd like to go for shortcut or detour the safe workflow... e.g. directly modify DSF files ( not correctly but wrongly ! ) etc.. so that's why folks still see such issues occur...
Installing, activating, and accessing Daz Studio Premier featurescarlrcox said:
Thank you for this DIM filter... but I am not seeing the Queue option :( Any advice?
Richard Haseltine said:
The plug-ins provided as part of Daz Studio Premier need to be installed, like any plug-in, through Install Manager with Daz Studio closed. In DIM pasting
rx::ci::^Premier -
into the filter box at top-right should show the Premier add-ons and allow them to be installed, assuming that you have the Download Filters set to include plug-ins.
Once installed, open Daz Studio and log in to your account (Connect>Login..., for the plug-in/feature activation you do not need to update metadata though you do if you also wish to download the content that is tied to your membership; that does not include the free bundles, which are not tied to remaining a member). You should then be prompted to restart Daz Studio.
Once DS is running you can find the new add-ons in the following locations:
- Geometry Sculptor shows up in the Tools menu (remember that, like other content creation tools, it disables any GeoGraft's mesh hiding and won't show interpolated hairs for dForce/Strand Based Hair)
- Pose Converter shows up in Edit>Figure>Pose
- Shape Transfer shows up in Edit>Figure>Shape
- DForce Manager shows up in Simulation Settings pane / Manage
- Render Queue shows up on Render Settings pane / Queue
Not seeing it to install, or not seeing it in DS? If it is installed and isn't shwoing in Render Settings you may need to click the arrow buttons on the right to scroll the list of page tabs sideways to show it, depending on your pane's width.
Best and easiest to use NAS for storing Daz content in 2024TimberWolf said:
Do you really need a NAS? By that I mean do you have multiple locations you want to access your content from? That box is $700 even before you've added the drives. That buys you a lot of USB connected storage...
You can get a 16TB clockwork drive for under $250 from Western Digital or an 8TB SSD from Sandisk for around $500. You can make those visible across your entire network and if you noticed a performance loss vs. a dedicated NAS unit I'd be amazed. I can't imagine your content extends to greater than 8TB and is more than likely considerably smaller.
Daz content is well within the range of USB drives. If you want RAID-1 redundancy buy two of them.
If you must have a NAS for reasons I haven't considered than have a look at the Synology range. We use a four bay one in our small office and they are as plug-n-play as you can get. Some NAS units can be a pain in the proverbial to get running but the smaller Synology ones are aimed at individuals who want to host their own cloud. The DS220j should suit you fine with two bays, and is less than half the price of the one you mentioned. In terms of performance, the worst performing NAS and the best performing one will differ by a few seconds at most - loading times for your models are influenced heavily by far more factors than data transfer rate.
I'd be interested to hear other people's opinion on this as well.
Thanks for your answer, I do own about 12Tb but I would also use it for regular backups for work. The suggestion you make is quite reasonable pricewise, however I dont know if there is a performance issue between a SSD and a modern HDD (I stopped using hdd a while ago since my computer crashed with severe loss of data)
Issue with some poses after creating a new face morphThank yuou very much!
Elor said:
(Caveat: I'm barely more than a total noob with Blender)
I have no idea if it'll work in your case (it worked when I created simple full / partial body morphs for clothes), but you can temporarly add a subdivision modifier in Blender, fix the problem with the subvision modifier active, then remove it and export your work at base resolution to be able to create the morph in Daz Studio.
I tried but it didn't work: even if it looks ok on the subdivided chracter in Blender, when I unsubdivide it and subdivide it again ( I subdivided it again temporarely to see how it looks after passing to usubdivided version to subdivided version), the eyelid become not completely closed again... Idem when I bring it back to DS...
Crosswind said:
That's right. I ever fixed quite a lot of such issues in Blender and ZB ~ The trick is that you need to wisely use a Mask on lower eyelids, then you can make perfect fixing by using Drag brush to make them closed. Or, visa versa, you may drag lower eyelids a bit upper, to make a close naturally. It always works.
Ah, I didn't use a mask and I used the smooth brush, not the drag brush, maybe it is why it didn't work correclty... I will try with a mask + drag brush, thank you very much!

Even in some worst cases, for instance, when fixing some unique creatures... you can give it more dragging, i.e. make eyelids more closed, then in ERC settings, give it Keyed value, i.e. not 100% but 95%, yada yada. There're always some tricks.
Ok, I will try it too!
Best and easiest to use NAS for storing Daz content in 2024josephlemons said:
TimberWolf said:
Do you really need a NAS? By that I mean do you have multiple locations you want to access your content from? That box is $700 even before you've added the drives. That buys you a lot of USB connected storage...
You can get a 16TB clockwork drive for under $250 from Western Digital or an 8TB SSD from Sandisk for around $500. You can make those visible across your entire network and if you noticed a performance loss vs. a dedicated NAS unit I'd be amazed. I can't imagine your content extends to greater than 8TB and is more than likely considerably smaller.
Daz content is well within the range of USB drives. If you want RAID-1 redundancy buy two of them.
If you must have a NAS for reasons I haven't considered than have a look at the Synology range. We use a four bay one in our small office and they are as plug-n-play as you can get. Some NAS units can be a pain in the proverbial to get running but the smaller Synology ones are aimed at individuals who want to host their own cloud. The DS220j should suit you fine with two bays, and is less than half the price of the one you mentioned. In terms of performance, the worst performing NAS and the best performing one will differ by a few seconds at most - loading times for your models are influenced heavily by far more factors than data transfer rate.
I'd be interested to hear other people's opinion on this as well.
lol content doesn't exceed 8TB, yeah tell that to people who have been here more then 5 years
:|
I'm at 8.4TB after 2.5 years - is that bad? I do save the download zips in there and maybe a bunch of other art assets which would bump it up a little.
Anyway, I second the shout for a Synology NAS. Reasonably quiet and was simple enough to setup. Has a whole bunch of features that I still haven't really dug into much. Important thing is it does it's job well and, so far, hasn't caused me any issues. Obviously not as quick as a local SSD would be but we can't have everything.
It's just anecdotal evidance but if you go with QNAP I would consider disabling the remote (internet) access. A colleague at work had his QNAP encrypted and his data held to ransom by someone who managed to use the remote access to get in. Although, if you only use your NAS for Daz3D projects from one location then you should probably disable remote access to it anyway since it's not needed.
Premier Membership FAQ (Questions Only Please)@Timbales I've added the answers to the FAQ above but they are as follows:
- Shape Transfer is 3, 8 & 8.1 to 9 only
- Dual membership is not possible at this time as far as I'm aware
@Imago Looks like the Product and Asset filters have been added for the Exclusive Content!
- I found an explaination of this feature from when it was added to the public build! It was originally designed to help you sort out which product had which License but the function of using it for Premier Exclusive Assets/Products has been added to it.
- Premier / Exclusive
@maikdecker Hiya Maik!
- Weekly freebies remain weekly freebies it looks like they just mentioned them as being free for Premier as well!
- Shape Transfer is 3, 8 & 8.1 to 9 only
@WendyLuvsCatz The smart content/postgresql is out of my ballywick so I'm asking the go to guys about it and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them!
@cubaconn Can you check your membership page again please? A fix was rolled out late yesterday!
@murgatroyd314 Membership discounts we are not told of ahead of time it is up to marketing and the PTBs as to what happens with those.
@P302 Plug-Ins you own like MeshGrabber 3.0 will stay in the same state they were in and "should" be useable unless there is a major coding change between Studio versions. Premier should have no effect on this.
- Your mesh grabber morphs will still work as they are saved out as .dsf morph files once you have saved them to the data folder.
- For Geometry Sculptor once you have saved out your morphs they are not considered part of the plug-in anymore and therefor will still be available.
@Elor As long as the membership is active they should have access to any previous content but let me double check on that for you.
@Togire The Convert Daz+ to Premier is at the discretion of the marketing team but let me check.
@paolo_35229750 Leana got most of your answers here's the one at the end and is I think what you are asking:
- The legacy freebies are meant to be a mix of Freebies that generally span several user bases so they should still be backwards compatible however we can't promise this as products and technology evolve.











