• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Do Gen 8.1 shoes work on Gen 8?

    i'm looking at this product, which is listed as only for Genesis 8.1 females: https://www.daz3d.com/fashion-basics-paris-runway-heels-for-genesis-81-female-and-victoria-81

    Would there be a problem using this on regular 'ol Genesis 8 ladies, or is it only for 8.1? Would there be a problem using it on Genesis 8 females?

    Many thanks!

     

     

    By

    retiretomaui retiretomaui June 2021 in The Commons
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE TREDICI

    Imago said:

    Silvhe said:

    Ma davvero DAZ Studio viene usato in ambito professionale? Un programma privo di documentazione, distribuito gratis da una società al solo scopo di vendere il content che essa commercializza? Pensavo che fossimo solo noi hobbisti con tanto tempo da perdere laugh

    Sbagliatissimo, ragazzo mio.

    DAZ Studio è uno degli strumenti più versatili e potenti al momento sul mercato...
    Se frughi bene, scoprirai che DAZ Studio è stato usato per fare film come Iron Man, Hulk e persino alcune parti de Lo Hobbit. E viene usato anche per realizzare alcune serie animate presenti su Netflix.

    Solo che ultimamente hanno deciso di ucciderlo, lasciandolo pieno di bug e focalizzandosi sul rilasciare figure base su figure base e nel fracassare sempre di più Iray che già non è un gran strumento di suo.

    Però ho avuto una bella sorpresa nello scoprire che hanno aggiornato il bridge per Blender e ora supporta G1 e G2... un passo avanti?

    Puoi sempre usarlo come parte di una pipeline... crei la base con DAZ e poi esporti in Zbrush se vuoi scolpire dettagli o in Maya/3DS Max per fare render/animazioni. Tantissimi tutorial online sui character partono da una mesh base Genesis (o Michael/Victoria se risalgono a qualche anno fa..). 

    Scusa la cuiosità @Imago ma tu che lavoro fai di preciso ? Ti leggo sempre che sei incastrato con le animazioni... Sei un freelancer ? 

    PS stasera qualcuno segue il webinar di WP Guru(Jay Versluis) in collaborazione con la DAZ alle 22?

    By

    Kainjy Kainjy June 2021 in The Commons
  • Kiko 8.1 - cute kitsune, stands on her own without a "seasonal passport" or the like

    Richard John S said:

    This looks really nice. Also, which hair did you use?

     

    The Blurst of Times said:

    Okay, I'll have to try that with the Ear hair... I figured it was hair density, but I don't play with the hair enough to know how to do all that.

    Now back to the rendering...

    Blend of Kiko 8.1 (65%) and Aiko 8 (35%), minor nose adjustments, and then I increased the butt (and I cannot lie).

    Thanks!

    Hair is Samira Hair for V4 and G3F by Outoftouch at Renderosity. (Sorry... just moving out of the sale bucket over there now.)

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times June 2021 in The Commons
  • Looking for Cate Blanchette Look Alike Character in Daz Store

    nemesis10 said:

    So...we start with Ninive 6 who was Cate Blanchette adjacent https://www.daz3d.com/ninive-6-pro-bundle ala  LOTR

    We move to Rosie HD for Victoria 6 by Raiya https://www.daz3d.com/rosie-hd-for-victoria-6 who represents Cate around the time of the Aviator:

    If you step outside Daz3d, Renderosity has Alatariel for Genesis 8 Female by Sangriat who is full LOTR Cate:

    And Hetta who is MCU Hela Cate by Valkarie

    Hello All, sadly, I had forgotten to mention that the figure had to be Gen 3 or 8 as I want to make use of the Miellyn outfit by Arki / Shox, mainly for the headdress for Hela.    To echo Faeryl Womyn, the examples above don't really fit the bill and even though the second one is marginally there, it is Genesis 2.  The first one, not even close the last one, in a similar attempt I want to do, looks more like Natalie Portman forced into the role of Hela.

    So it looks like it that the only good one is Alatariel (I misspelled it above), from Renderocity.

    Thanks!

    Geo

    By

    jukingeo jukingeo June 2021 in The Commons
  • Remove morphs for Genesis and Genesis 2

    Okay. To thin the library out - with D/S closed, one can manually dig into the data folders and [first backup the content to a zip folder perhaps] and pick carefully what to delete.

    n.b. This is NOT for everybody to be doing please! If one has installed via DIM, uninstalls are done via DIM too. I install manually and know something of how to manually delete stuff but still, ideas are offered "as is" - your computer, your responsibility.

    Genesis and Genesis 2 will load faster if "10 years" worth of extra morphs are deleted certainly. I've attached 3 images -- be careful in the data folders, there are 2 for Daz3D, one with a space and one without. In the main one DAZ 3D there are all the figures. Find the one for a particular Genesis number, find the morph folder ... and carefully select the ones you want deleted. I say carefully because some might be for auto-fit clones and things like that which you might want to keep.

    When in doubt, don't, do ask ;-)

    And if the textures are no longer required, those should be in the appropriate subfolder under Textures under Runtime under My Library.

    So if for example I deleted Teen Josie, then those morphs will not load with the figure. The less morphs there are, to a point, the faster the figure will load.

    Some figures outside of the Daz 3D morphs folder are reliant on these. For example several characters are based on Victoria 6. So if keeping one of those, then Victoria 6 also should be kept.

    Hope this helps. If not at least you know where everything is now ;-)

     

     

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • I really need DAZ to work but it keeps ghosting

    I have an oppertunity for a side gig using DAZ. I am poor but scrimped and saved to buy a computer to run it. It is an ACER custom for new egg. It is an Aspire A515-55G. It has 12g ram and a MMX 330/350 with 2g. Brand new with windows 10 home. I am an advanced user going back to Victoria 3 when polygon dinasours roamed the earth. The last version of DAZ I used was v.10. I had a decent rig but we have crap power here and I blew that rig up. And the next one. And the next one after that. But those were desktops and I now know I can only use laptops. Problem was laptops at that time didnt really have actual cards so openCL was not supported so no gravity sim. My quest for photorealism demands gravity.

     That kind of bummed me out plus I had the little matter of basic survival for while. Things got better and I saw that you could get a laptop with a graphics card. Used web based installer and DAZ popped right up. Loaded some basic stuff...I.E...gen8f, clothes the provided hair...poof DAZ justs dissappaers. I have determined since then if you put any kind of load on it it will just go bye bye. I am talking to a nice lady from support, We started a month ago. I sent log files and so far It has been suggested not to use nividea view. I used nividea view to hurry up and crash it to send her a text file. I know all this stuff. In the past when DAZ crashed it at least stayed open even if it locked me up for long periods of time.

     I good at using DAZ but I am not a coder. I need DAZ to work and I dont see going through help center as viable so let me ask the community this...

     1. Are there any DAZ approved IT guys who could remote in and fix this. It would probably be easy work for the right geek and I am willing to pay for this.

     2. Could anybody recomend a sub 1000 laptop that can run DAZ reasonably well. I have to be able to do gravity simulations so I need openCL. I dont care if it takes two days to render something as long as it renders. I have to KNOW someone has installed DAZ and it works.I have an oppertunity to sell a kidney so I got one more shot at this. I prefer ACER but any brand known to work will do.

    If someone wants to talk me through this I am game. I know my way around DAZ so I can do stuff and send logfiles. I suspect some kind of cascading memory leak/flood. But I know nothing John Snow

    Please help

    By

    shaungisler63 shaungisler63 June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Remove morphs for Genesis and Genesis 2

    Catherine3678ab said:

    babybuick2691 said:

    Hello Everyone,

    I was wondering since I no longer use any of my Genesis or Genesis 2 male and female characters is there a way to remove the morphs such as shapes from my DAZ Content Library? Here is what I am trying to do, I want to speed up my character load times. I figured since I don't use any of my Genesis or Genesis 2 characters removing the character morphs would help increase my load time for my Genesis 3, 8, and 8.1 characters. Depending on the characters, I will remove some of my Genesis 3 character morphs and just use the skins, materials, clothes, hair, accessories, and props. I just need to know how to remove all Genesis and Genesis 2 morphs for both females and males.

    1. Removing morphs for any figure will NOT affect the load times of other figures.

    2. Close D/S before digging through the data folders to remove anything.

    3. Are you sure you want to do this? Removing some of Genesis 3's character morphs may reduce load times but may also increase error messages if said morphs are also required by other characters.

     

     

     

    Thank you for your response. I no longer use the Genesis and Genesis 2 figures and thought removing shapes or morphs would free up the library because I have over 10 yrs of content starting back when Michael and Victoria 3 was used. However, since I already have problems getting my Genesis 8 female and male characters to load I will just keep the old shapes and morphs.

    By

    babybuick2691 babybuick2691 June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Importing clothing help!

    Hello!

     

    I'm fairly new to Daz studio and I've already gotten the bug to create my own clothing! However when I transfer assets my clothing no longer fits and I can't seem to find an online solution to my issues. And quite frankly I don't know where I'm going wrong and it's driving me nuts lol. My character has deformers/morphs applied to it and when I exported the figure I did so with the morphs applied so the catsuit I made reflects those. 

    When I transfer assets I select the source as Victoria 8.1 (as that's the body I'm using) and the target as the catsuit, projection is full body and that's when everything breaks. I'll include some images to show what's going on.

    The one with the white clothing is prior to asset transfer and the ones in black are after. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

    By

    Nikita Nikita June 2021 in New Users
  • Kiko 8.1 - cute kitsune, stands on her own without a "seasonal passport" or the like

    The Blurst of Times said:

    I feel like Kiko is good, but she's not a great entry-level figure. You kind of need to know your way around Daz to make her sing as compared to a Jada 8.1 or Victoria, IMO. Some assembly required, I think.

    Like, the foxy bits. They are well done but heavy, and my machine kind of gags on them all. It's probably the SBH settings, but I didn't have time to sift through and mess with them. (It takes knowledge of Daz to mess with all of that... let alone diagnose what's causing things to drag or hang.)


    mazinkaiserzero said:

    did the banner say something about owning anything in particular? I have the stuff in my cart because I figured the banner was just late but still nothing, and I kinda own a lot of stuff, including almost every 8.1 character frown 

    Here's the text (noting that the Bundle itself is considered a "Debut New Item"):

    Deals on Kiko

    Since you own a significant number of Genesis 8 Pro Bundles, we're offering you an EXTRA 5% OFF any one of today's Debut New Items, an EXTRA 10% OFF any 2, or an EXTRA 30% OFF 3 or more or with the purchase of the Kiko 8.1 Rising Star Bundle!

    TF?? I own almost every G8 Pro Bundle, I'm missing like 4 or 5 dudes only. *sigh*

    Anyway, I was actually thinking recently that an "Aiko 8.1" was due. I like this character from what I can see on the promos but I just hope this is not an Aiko substitute. 

    By

    mazinkaiserzero mazinkaiserzero June 2021 in The Commons
  • Kiko 8.1 - cute kitsune, stands on her own without a "seasonal passport" or the like

    I feel like Kiko is good, but she's not a great entry-level figure. You kind of need to know your way around Daz to make her sing as compared to a Jada 8.1 or Victoria, IMO. Some assembly required, I think.

    Like the skin? The plastic feel, I get that. Maybe it's because she's Stylized? I think the SSS maps are kind of weak, IMO. They don't add much depth the way they're done, but it could be intended due to the style.

    Also, the foxy bits. They are well done but heavy, and my machine kind of gags on them all. It's probably the SBH settings, but I didn't have time to sift through and mess with them. (It takes knowledge of Daz to mess with all of that... let alone diagnose what's causing things to drag or hang.)


    mazinkaiserzero said:

    did the banner say something about owning anything in particular? I have the stuff in my cart because I figured the banner was just late but still nothing, and I kinda own a lot of stuff, including almost every 8.1 character frown 

    Here's the text (noting that the Bundle itself is considered a "Debut New Item"... and that I can count the number of Genesis 8 Pro Bundles that I do not own on one hand):

    Deals on Kiko

    Since you own a significant number of Genesis 8 Pro Bundles, we're offering you an EXTRA 5% OFF any one of today's Debut New Items, an EXTRA 10% OFF any 2, or an EXTRA 30% OFF 3 or more or with the purchase of the Kiko 8.1 Rising Star Bundle!

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times June 2021 in The Commons
  • Kiko 8.1 - cute kitsune, stands on her own without a "seasonal passport" or the like

    Hello,

    After Michael, Victoria and Torment finally a Gen 8.1 figure that I really like for a fantasy, japanese pop culture or supernatural setting. yes
    Kudos!

    Best regards

    By

    c.loth19756425567 c.loth19756425567 June 2021 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8.1 Log WARNING

    I had some missing file notices when I tried to load G8.1. Some of the same files as listed in above posts. Jack directed me to this thread.

    "Have you installed the Genesis 8.1 starter essentials?  I think that comes with a DAZ Studio 4.15 update.  You need it to use Victoria 8.1."

    I am stuck on DS 4.9 for now. Does that mean I cannot load or use Genesis 8.1?

    By

    3Don 3Don June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Looking for Cate Blanchette Look Alike Character in Daz Store

    So...we start with Ninive 6 who was Cate Blanchette adjacent https://www.daz3d.com/ninive-6-pro-bundle ala  LOTR

    We move to Rosie HD for Victoria 6 by Raiya https://www.daz3d.com/rosie-hd-for-victoria-6 who represents Cate around the time of the Aviator:

    If you step outside Daz3d, Renderosity has Alatariel for Genesis 8 Female by Sangriat who is full LOTR Cate:

    And Hetta who is MCU Hela Cate by Valkarie

     

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 June 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8 Female Anatomical Elements

    That's correct, the geometry doesn't include the textures and is the same for all the Genesis male and female characters of that generation.

    Look in the characters materials to see if the 'anatomical elements' textures are included, they might be labelled 'Gens MAT' or 'genitals mat'.

    Daz Originals characters always include them unless they are underage.

    Or you can buy 3rd party genitals at another site I can't mention, or else the forum police will delete the thread.

    Try searching for 'New Gens For Victoria 8' using Google.

    Best Wishes
    Steve.

     

    By

    stephenschoon stephenschoon June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Art Nouveau props

    Doc Acme said:

    You might want to take a look at these as well...

    https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-art-deco-statuettes-ii-for-victoria-8

    Yep, I pretty much have everything Art Deco related already also Jepe's series. Really looking for more Art Nouveau/Jugendstil stuff. Thanks for thinking along though.

    By

    BlueFingers BlueFingers June 2021 in The Commons
  • Art Nouveau props

    You might want to take a look at these as well...

    https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-art-deco-statuettes-ii-for-victoria-8

    By

    Doc Acme Doc Acme June 2021 in The Commons
  • NFT''s - again? You ARE kidding, aren't you?

    The Blurst of Times said:

     

    /"buy your genuine adult-size Victoria Perfect 10 Doll!"

     

    I already have that in VR.....and it's awesome!devil

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns June 2021 in Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art
  • NFT''s - again? You ARE kidding, aren't you?

    MKDAWUSS said:

    The Blurst of Times said:

    /"buy your genuine adult-size Victoria Perfect 10 Doll!"

    It's the next step after 3D printing them.

    Using liquid metal, "mimetic polyalloy" as an ink... cheeky

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA May 2021 in Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art
  • NFT''s - again? You ARE kidding, aren't you?

    The Blurst of Times said:

    /"buy your genuine adult-size Victoria Perfect 10 Doll!"

     

    It's the next step after 3D printing them.

    By

    MKDAWUSS MKDAWUSS May 2021 in Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art
  • NFT''s - again? You ARE kidding, aren't you?

    McGyver said:

    The Blurst of Times said:

    NFTs are unrelated to Daz succeeding as a business.
    You want Daz to succeed? Buy stuff from Daz. Simple as that.

    NFT has nothing to do with the mission.

    Daz can sell NFT if they want? Sure. It's a free country.

    Daz could also get into arms sales (should be a big industry in the years ahead with all the world turmoil), silicone adult companionship (aka sex dolls), all kinds of growth industries out there.

    They'd also be side gigs that are irrelevant to the mission.

    /"buy your genuine Daz multiple missile launcher, just like the 3d-model you see on our website!"
    /"buy your genuine adult-size Victoria Perfect 10 Doll!"


     

    Technically, heavily armed gynomorphic "adult recreational" companions are a natural evolution of the current content library here in at 678,954,986,129,002 possible variations of the current timeline... Oddly in fourteen possible futures, it's various flying biomechanical squid and in four it's robotic sheep with multiple detachable accoutrements.

    Someone should really take that idea and run with it.

    By

    BlueFingers BlueFingers May 2021 in Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.