• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Organizing Content similar to DAZ Studio?

    TwoCats said:

    I've installed V5 and, so far so good. Everything's working, and the folder structure seems better organized than V4 did.  Or, at least I'm having an easier time finding stuff.
    I do have a related question, since it's to do with content.
    Most of the content I've purchased has been for Genesis 8 or Genesis 3 figures. I don't have as much for Genesis/V5 figures. So I'm looking to make a few purchases as kind of a "booster" of content to work with, but I'm curious about compatibility with Carrara specifically.
    For example, I found this: 
    https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-5-elite-ponytail
    Will that work okay with Carrara? Asking because I don't see it listed in the 'Compatible Software' list.
    Thanks yet again

    Yes. In fact it will work quite well.

    Genesis 1 is The One Genesis figure that is fully compatible in Carrara. Development never did quite get Genesis 2 perfected, but they work as well, except for one important issue for me - since I need this stuff to work:

    The Auto-fit system for Carrara hasn't been developed far enough to recognize the difference between different generations of Genesis, so auto-fitting from one Genesis generation to another simply doesn't work. The Fit To dialog never opens, it just conforms the item wrongly without hesitation.

    There's a simple fix for this, if you like using Genesis 2 over Genesis 1: Simply create a Genesis 1 version of the other generation clothing using Daz Studio.

    I've written some nice articles on both subjects:

     

    Genesis 1 Rocks!!! is all about why I prefer Genesis 1, and how I am able to use Genesis 1 to be virtually any generation of Genesis figure, and wear virtually any clothing.

     

    Content Generations Conversion is all about using Daz Studio's tools to create clothing from newer Genesis (2-8) clothing that fits, and works with Genesis 1. I create my own listings in Daz Studio's library for these new items under the People > Genesis > Clothing category. 

    Just know that some Genesis 8 stuff doesn't convert well to Genesis 3, in which case we'll either not be able to use that as clothing, or we'll have a bit more work to do before we get there.

    For things that I really want from Genesis 8 that doesn't like to convert (which is due to the A pose instead of the T  pose - likely a weight mapping issue, so I need to learn weight mapping in Daz Studio - all in good time!) I simply give Genesis 8 a T pose and export the clothing item as an OBJ, then bring that OBJ back in onto Genesis 2 or 3 and use the Transfer utility to turn it into a conforming cloth. Then I convert that down to a Genesis 1 cloth.

    Or if I'm converting clothing made for a male figure, I can do the above process directly to Genesis 1 instead of first converting to Genesis 2 or 3. This is because Genesis is fully unisex, and defaults at the male shape. So when converting female clothing, the Transfer Utility provide a method to subtract the female shape during conversion for us, which is very handy!

    I did a few conversions directly to Genesis by importing the object (OBJ) into Carrara, and shaping away the female shape using the modeler, which can also be even better (if not more work) than the automated process. But the automation of Daz Studio usually does a wonderful job.

    Here's a little video I made that might have some helpful hints, and my site (Dartanbeck.com) has a lot of info that I feel compelled to write while I'm waiting for renders to finish:

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck June 2021 in Carrara Discussion
  • Organizing Content similar to DAZ Studio?

    I've installed V5 and, so far so good. Everything's working, and the folder structure seems better organized than V4 did.  Or, at least I'm having an easier time finding stuff.
    I do have a related question, since it's to do with content.
    Most of the content I've purchased has been for Genesis 8 or Genesis 3 figures. I don't have as much for Genesis/V5 figures. So I'm looking to make a few purchases as kind of a "booster" of content to work with, but I'm curious about compatibility with Carrara specifically.
    For example, I found this: 
    https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-5-elite-ponytail
    Will that work okay with Carrara? Asking because I don't see it listed in the 'Compatible Software' list.
    Thanks yet again

    By

    WsCG WsCG June 2021 in Carrara Discussion
  • V4 to genesis 8 wearables and textures converter

    RemiliaSutton said:

    Okay I got that but it's saying I need to either A manually convert the textures to .duf or use a batch converter. But WHICH batch converter do I need to get? There's a few different ones.

    ?????

    I believe it means, if the materials have only Poser-format files (PZ2, or perhaps MC6), you need to apply them to the original base figure (or, for Victoria 4/Michael 4, apply them to Genesis) and save a native Daz Studio Materials preset.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • V4 textures on genesis 8

    https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

    By

    Gordig Gordig June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • guys how can I get image like this

    pritam9224 said:

    fine so how come i run it without texture i mean which setting as in reference image , what to to do get such render as im rendering im getting the final product all textured only.

    im new so please help!

    Gordig said:

    That is the simple approach. Trying to do this in DS would be much more complicated, and would require using PS or an equivalent anyway.

    To get that "clay" shading you simply need to take off all the texture maps. A simpler way would be to use a ceramic shader (for example) and apply it to the skin, then lower the gloss if needed. If you still wanted simpler (as in a one-click solution), there's always Jepe's products (such as this one: https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-art-deco-statuettes-iii-for-victoria-8) which come with a variety of different materials to apply to the skin.

    By

    FenixPhoenix FenixPhoenix June 2021 in The Commons
  • V4 to genesis 8 wearables and textures converter

    You will need this to use V4 textures on G8F: https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

    By

    Leana Leana June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Why is everything so expensive?

    marble said:

    modeller said:

    certaintree38 said:

    The other thing is that people who constantly buy a lot often get much better deals. You can get loads of brand new items for 80% off if you have purchased enough bundles and buy enough new stuff at once. So the people with lots of money are not really playing the same market as those of us who are on a smaller budget. Those deals aren't as good either lately, but they still find themselves able to get tons of things even us plebs would consider "cheap" that we simply do not have access to because we can't buy in such large quantities so often. My point being that thier idea of cheap per item might be similar or even lower because of the deals they get. It's the final bill where things are different.

    I want comment to this: "You can get loads of brand new items for 80% off if you have purchased enough bundles and buy enough new stuff at once"

    Sometimes I don't get it, what is the advantage and why people buy a lot of expensive bundles packed with useless stuff first, merely to get a pretended cheaper price for something they actually want, is a brand new item really that cheaper if you bought a lot of expensive bundles first or is the real reason little patience or acquisitiveness or something like that? I really don't have a clue or it maybe I misunderstood something.

    Yeah, I don't understand that either. I look at bundles quite often but I don't think I have ever bought one unless there was some ridiculously heavy discount (80% at least). As you say, I have never seen a bundle where even half the items might be something I would want. I don't even clutter up my content library with the free (or $2:99) PC+ bundles. Again - they fill up those bundles with stuff they can't sell normally. 

    ...in my eight + years here, the only two pro bundles I bought at introductory price were Victoria 4.2 one and Young Teens 5.  The other ones I have I either purchased at a deep discount or were free.(I received both the Vicky5 and Mike5 Pro bundles free with the purchase of Carrara 8.5, and Vicky7 Pro as a "free" loyalty offer). 

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid June 2021 in The Commons
  • V4 to genesis 8 wearables and textures converter

    Is there a converter for Victoria 4 to genesis 8 that converts wearables and props particularly necklaces?

    I see converters that convert clothing but not the necklaces and also is there a Victoria 4 to converter that converts textures????

    By

    RemiliaSutton RemiliaSutton June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Problem with face shapes

     

    This is the promotional image, it is more similar to the first image (before the new installation) than to my last render (new installation)

    https://www.daz3d.com/ann-for-victoria-8

    By

    robertomendoza1983 robertomendoza1983 June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Problem with face shapes

    I have a problem with the shape of the faces of my characters, I had to change the hard drive because it was failing, now that I install a couple of products for example Ann for Victoria 8, the shape of her face is different from the original model, currently I only have Genesis 8 essentials, victoria 8 and ann installed, I leave two photos one before my hard drive failed and another after the new installation. (they are different lights, but the model in theory is the same, first render before the disk failed, second render after a zero install)

    By

    robertomendoza1983 robertomendoza1983 June 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Help me find a character.

    She looked maybe a bit older mid 30's kinda similar looking to this picture of Victoria

    Marion for Victoria 8 by: Freja, 3D Models by Daz 3D

    By

    Strobe_Light Strobe_Light June 2021 in The Commons
  • When is Genesis 9 Being Released

    PerttiA said:

    rcourtri_789f4b1c6b said:

    RawArt said:

    The fact that 8.1 came out kinda indicates that 9 is not going to be out soon

    I'd say we're likely to see at least one more incrementally improved Genesis 8 version.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see Genesis 8.3 and 8.4 before we see a Genesis 9 (or whatever the next generation of human figures is called.  

    As to Daz Studio 5.0 vs. Genesis 9, I don't think these would be developed by the same teams, so I don't see why the release of the app/platform and the release of next-gen 3D content would be directly linked (unless for non-technical, i.e. marketing, purposes).  A better Daz Studio with the current generation of content?  Better content for use with current versions of Daz Studio?  Either of those would be welcome.

    Incremental updates are not common, the ones before G8.1 were for Victoria 4/4.1/4.2, and what is there to "update" or "improve" if not talking about collisions, soft body physics, working IK, etc... Which probably need to be supported by the platform first, ie. the next gen DS. 

    There is no point in releasing a minor version of Genesis 8 for just a different base pose or a few vertices more or less here and there.

    This is precisely why I don't expect G9 anytime soon either. Seriously, what things could one come up with, that would warrant an entirely new generation of figure? G8 was already a stretch to call a new figure, and for the technology we have to work with (Daz Studio), G3, G8 and G8.1 are pretty close to optimal. A different figure would either mean a downgrade in quality, or a drop in performance (renderspeed).

    I do hope the developers are actually working on the next generation of DS, with better and more versatile rigging capabilities, softbody physics, and other new technologies, and still be (mostly) backwards compatible with older assets, especially figures, wearables and props, and able to load old scene files without trouble, but developing something like that does take time. And yes, I am afraid that a lot of tools and plugins will break, if not all of them.. But, once all that is sorted, then we may have a platform with the capabilities to actually support the next generation of figures.

    Oh, and as someone mentioned earlier: an overhauled Hexagon with 64-bit capability would be awesome as well! Maybe the plan is to completely integrate it into the next generation of DS? Though I do hope they take a good look at the UI before they do that, it could use quite a few improvements.

    By

    Drip Drip June 2021 in The Commons
  • When is Genesis 9 Being Released

    I just finally broke down and bought Victoria 8.1 and my two favorite fixers, Altern8 and Skin Builder, don't work on it. I hope we see Genesis 9 before I waste more money on the 8.1 versions of these if/when they are released.

    By

    hwgs1971 hwgs1971 June 2021 in The Commons
  • All Generations or Orginal Character on Daz3d Store

    DollyGirl said:

    Victoria 1 or Millie or Millennium Woman can be found in this package. V1 does not have all of the morphs that V2 came with but the body textures, clothing, hair and accessories of V2 will fit V1. Mimic Lite 3.1 | Daz 3D

    Millennium Woman is that in the same package I really couldnt find her there I was able to get victoria 1 to work and even found some other items on the daz3d store for her, really cool find I wonder if there are a few other packages like this, I a dvd from a old mag that might have some old stuff

    By

    dustinmeyer1234 dustinmeyer1234 June 2021 in The Commons
  • When is Genesis 9 Being Released

    rcourtri_789f4b1c6b said:

    RawArt said:

    The fact that 8.1 came out kinda indicates that 9 is not going to be out soon

    I'd say we're likely to see at least one more incrementally improved Genesis 8 version.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see Genesis 8.3 and 8.4 before we see a Genesis 9 (or whatever the next generation of human figures is called.  

    As to Daz Studio 5.0 vs. Genesis 9, I don't think these would be developed by the same teams, so I don't see why the release of the app/platform and the release of next-gen 3D content would be directly linked (unless for non-technical, i.e. marketing, purposes).  A better Daz Studio with the current generation of content?  Better content for use with current versions of Daz Studio?  Either of those would be welcome.

    Incremental updates are not common, the ones before G8.1 were for Victoria 4/4.1/4.2, and what is there to "update" or "improve" if not talking about collisions, soft body physics, working IK, etc... Which probably need to be supported by the platform first, ie. the next gen DS. 

    There is no point in releasing a minor version of Genesis 8 for just a different base pose or a few vertices more or less here and there.

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA June 2021 in The Commons
  • SOLVED Can I use g3f or g8f skin on Victoria 4?

    For g2 there exist tools to use g3f skin on g2f. Is it possible to so to speak update Victoria 4 with g3 or g8 skins?

    And is there a way of using g3f or g8f eyes with Victoria 4?

    By

    mding mding June 2021 in New Users
  • All Generations or Orginal Character on Daz3d Store

    DollyGirl said:

    Victoria 1 or Millie or Millennium Woman can be found in this package. V1 does not have all of the morphs that V2 came with but the body textures, clothing, hair and accessories of V2 will fit V1. Mimic Lite 3.1 | Daz 3D

    I didnt know that I actually bought that I guess I would just need to add the files into daz3d

    By

    dustinmeyer1234 dustinmeyer1234 June 2021 in The Commons
  • Yesterday's Platinum Club Plus Sale Promo Pic Female in Blue Dress - Who Is She?

    PixelSploiting said:

    Looks like a kitbash of Victoria 8.1 and Jacqueline 8.1.

     Yeah, could be that too.  Looked closely at the promo character and Victoria 8.1, the nose is definitely different.  Her nose is more like Jacqueline 8.1's.

    By

    Gator Gator June 2021 in The Commons
  • Yesterday's Platinum Club Plus Sale Promo Pic Female in Blue Dress - Who Is She?

    Looks like a kitbash of Victoria 8.1 and Jacqueline 8.1.

    By

    PixelSploiting PixelSploiting June 2021 in The Commons
  • The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread

    cant decide which character to make Fleet Commander.

    someone taller than Capt Janeway.  taking into consideration cover appeal.

    what do you think of her vs her ?  Brial is on sale. hard not to be swayed by that
    they both look like they can handle themselves in tough decisions

    Brial

    640 

    Leony

    400  

     

    By

    Mistara Mistara June 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.