-
3D Art Freebie Challenge-July 2021-"Wild Wild West" -Entries Thread Only
Title: Pony
DAZ Studio and Photoshop.
Version before post work here.Freebies:
1) Skin by LexaKiness: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85293/lk-skin-merchant-resource-for-g8m-freebie
2) Head Morph (partly used) by khoshekh: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86774/sokka-for-g8m
3) Morphs by SickleYield: https://sharecg.com/v/91888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body
4) Cowboy Hat by Cocco: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3157
5) Daisy Dukes by Adam Thwaites: https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_shorts_and_hoody.php
6) Cowboy Boots by Mint3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/65783/mountain-blues-boots-for-m4
7) Stubble by intheflesh: https://sharecg.com/v/94752/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Stubble-for-Genesis-8-Male
8) Dollar Bills by Jim Farris: https://www.sharecg.com/v/25053/browse/11/Poser/Free-Money!
9) Pose based on preset by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82812/heavy-hitters-for-g8f
10) Stage Lights by Rick Bridenbaker: https://www.sharecg.com/v/35900/Poser/Poser-Club-Stage
11) HDRI by zbyg: https://www.deviantart.com/zbyg/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522
12) Curtain by ArtTailor: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81296/background-curtains
No Count:
- Stage and Pole: Limited Time Freebie by Adam Thwaites
- Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
- Genesis 8 Male Body MorphsPurchased
1) SY V4 and M4 clones for G8 to auto-fit the boots
2) Desperado for G3M for the scarf
3) Lens Flares and Light Beams for postwork3D Art Freebie Challenge-July 2021-"Wild Wild West" -Main Thread OnlyHylas said:
Title: Pony
DAZ Studio and Photoshop.
Version before post work attached below.Freebies:
1) Skin by LexaKiness: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85293/lk-skin-merchant-resource-for-g8m-freebie
2) Head Morph (partly used) by khoshekh: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86774/sokka-for-g8m
3) Morphs by SickleYield: https://sharecg.com/v/91888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body
4) Cowboy Hat by Cocco: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3157
5) Daisy Dukes by Adam Thwaites: https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_shorts_and_hoody.php
6) Cowboy Boots by Mint3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/65783/mountain-blues-boots-for-m4
7) Stubble by intheflesh: https://sharecg.com/v/94752/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Stubble-for-Genesis-8-Male
8) Dollar Bills by Jim Farris: https://www.sharecg.com/v/25053/browse/11/Poser/Free-Money!
9) Pose based on preset by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82812/heavy-hitters-for-g8f
10) Stage Lights by Rick Bridenbaker: https://www.sharecg.com/v/35900/Poser/Poser-Club-Stage
11) HDRI by zbyg: https://www.deviantart.com/zbyg/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522
12) Curtain by ArtTailor: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81296/background-curtains
No Count:
- Stage and Pole: Limited Time Freebie by Adam Thwaites
- Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
- Genesis 8 Male Body MorphsPurchased
1) SY V4 and M4 clones for G8 to auto-fit the boots
2) Desperado for G3M for the scarf
3) Lens Flares and Light Beams for postworkall the Share CG items had trouble loading while I was checking just now, which seems to point at trouble on the sharer CG site, will probably solved later again, since there are still enough freebies for the challenge
This is approved, please move to entries!
3D Art Freebie Challenge-July 2021-"Wild Wild West" -Main Thread OnlyTitle: Pony
DAZ Studio and Photoshop.
Version before post work attached below.Freebies:
1) Skin by LexaKiness: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85293/lk-skin-merchant-resource-for-g8m-freebie
2) Head Morph (partly used) by khoshekh: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86774/sokka-for-g8m
3) Morphs by SickleYield: https://sharecg.com/v/91888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body
4) Cowboy Hat by Cocco: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3157
5) Daisy Dukes by Adam Thwaites: https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_shorts_and_hoody.php
6) Cowboy Boots by Mint3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/65783/mountain-blues-boots-for-m4
7) Stubble by intheflesh: https://sharecg.com/v/94752/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Stubble-for-Genesis-8-Male
8) Dollar Bills by Jim Farris: https://www.sharecg.com/v/25053/browse/11/Poser/Free-Money!
9) Pose based on preset by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82812/heavy-hitters-for-g8f
10) Stage Lights by Rick Bridenbaker: https://www.sharecg.com/v/35900/Poser/Poser-Club-Stage
11) HDRI by zbyg: https://www.deviantart.com/zbyg/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522
12) Curtain by ArtTailor: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81296/background-curtains
No Count:
- Stage and Pole: Limited Time Freebie by Adam Thwaites
- Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
- Genesis 8 Male Body MorphsPurchased
1) SY V4 and M4 clones for G8 to auto-fit the boots
2) Desperado for G3M for the scarf
3) Lens Flares and Light Beams for postworkWhat happened to Genesis 8 Starter Essentials with new 8.1?Thank you for suggestion, Richard. The starter essentials icon does appear in smart content. In the upper right there is a circle -- rather like a C with gaps at the top and the bottom. Inside the circle the is a smaller 3/4 circle -- from -90 to 135 deg with a small downward pointing arrow at 135 deg. When I select the icon it takes over the left most pane and displayes a rectangular button labelled "update." I'll click on it to see what happens.
I'm not very familiar with the smart content pane. I've been using Daz studio for years, since Victoria 4 at least. But I've never understood what smart content is and what it does. To me it always seemed to be misnamed. I rely on the content library pane to select figures and objects. So I do not understand the significance of the Genesis 8 essentials being there with an update button. I updated G8 Essentials using the IM. but that had no effect. Must I update it here as well / instead?
Also, since this unexpected failure of GF8.1 scenes to load (they worked last week) when I load a scene with a G8F character whose joints were posed beyond the limits -- that is the limits were disabled via the edit mode of the parameters are now forced to obey the preset limits and are completely wrong. This is a major pain. It angers me greatly. I have literally hundreds of scenes with characters whose joints are beyond the limits. Will I have to reposition all of them now? Just what the heck happened in the last week to Daz Studio? It was fine on Thursday 1 July 2021 and on 5 July 2021 when I next opened studio and loaded a scene was clearly broken. I did nothing that I can think of that would have caused this.
Auto Adapted HelpThe "data/auto_adapted" folder is Studio's dumping ground, in there you will find mesh/morph/UV data for content that wasn't loaded as DS native formats before it was saved as a scene/subset.
An example is Poser content, take Victoria 4.2, she isn't in DS native formats, loading her into a scene and saving her as a scene/subset means you get a DUF file, but you also get a "data/auto_adapted/blMilWom_v4b_68498" folder, inside which you will find a large number of DSF files.
Another example is making a dress for G8F, you import the OBJ into DS, use the Transfer Utility to rig it to work with G8F, then instead of using "File > Save as > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset" to save it you use scene/subset instead, you now have a "data/auto_adapted"" folder for it, instead of the correct "data/Creator's Name" folder.
Same thing for all of the import formats (OBJ/FBX/DAE etc).
Now with Poser content DS adds references to the DUF file, that way if the data in the auto_adapted folder is missing, then DS knows where to go looking to find the content so it can recreate the missing data files before loading the DUF.
Not sure if it does the same for the other import formats thought.
So if you are getting missing files, then it probably means you don't have the content installed for DS to recreate them.
Carrara Challenge #58 - It's a Kind of Magic - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!Entry: #17
Title: Carmen summons the Caduceus to save her beloved Harry
Artist: UnifiedBrain
WIP Links: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6843821/#Comment_6843821
Additional Notes: The Caduceus is the magical staff of Hermes, the messenger of Olympian Gods. It is an ancient symbol for healing, characterized by twin snakes and angel wings.
The render style is supposed to be a pulp magazine cover.
Carmen - Victoria 3, using the Firedancer outfit.
Harry - David 3
The other main props are the Giant Fantasy Snake, and Epic Wings for Genesis (no longer in the Daz store)
Carrara process include lens flare, aura, blur, and text. As usual, GMIC was used for color adjustments (and general noise).
No postwork.
An angry rant (but not exactly at DAZ)Margrave: Seams definitely show up in Dome mode if you're only using an HDRI for lighting, so maybe adding a scene light helps? I'll try that shortly. I'm about to test 8.1, but I'm sure your tests are accurate. I'll also try to take a look at your new MDL discoveries soon, I'm getting overloaded with tests and stuff to figure out at the moment. :)
EDIT: I get the same results, seams are almost invisible (not quite) with Victoria 8.1, but strong with 8.0 with both HDRI only and with additional spotlight added. Also can't figure out baking yet, it looks easy to do, but I cannot select a directory in the panel and the textures never seem to actually get baked or applied even after using the bake function.
Artini: I haven't use that cape in a long time (and because the Fur Cape is much more stable), but I'll try to get around to testing that too. Raising dynamic cloth above the head does often work, but of course, collision and the mesh itself plays a part. I have my doubts anything has changed with that cape unless it was updated since I last used it.
Wolf: Substance Painter offers three types of SSS (Redshift, "Skin", and Translucency), but I don't think they have any effect on the exported textures themselves. They're mainly just there to help visualize SSS while working and how it might look in other software.
Iray cutout oppacity weirdnessI randomly found a weirdness in Iray, which I, for now at least, are considering a bug.
In the attached image is our lovely Victoria 8 - in 2 versions.
One is default out of the box. The second has a pure white image in the cutout oppacity for the face. My expectation was that it shouldn't make any difference.
But it is clear that it has.
Exactly why it is happening, I don't know. I suspect that it might somehow affect SSS.
Anybody who know why, and if it is the expected behaviour?
An angry rant (but not exactly at DAZ)From my tests, it appears spectral seams don't show up at all in Dome or Sun-Sky mode, so all these images were taken in "Scene Only" mode with a single rectangular spotlight, 100cm x 100cm, 50,000 lumens. These are all Iray viewport draws, none of them are actual renders.
Victoria 8.0
Very noticable seams.

Bloom 8.1
An 8.1 generation character, but using the default Uber shader instead of the new PBR Skin shader. Seams are still there, but faded and blurry.

Victoria 8.1
Using the PBR Skin shader. Seams are barely visible, to the point you could pass them off as veins.

Bloom 8.1
Default skin manually replaced with the PBR Skin shader. No seams whatsoever, as far as I can tell.
Looking for 2 things...I'm pretty sure that the model in the RS Genesis 8.1 Female Skin Merchant Resources images is Victoria 8.1.
Character used for Rarestone's female skin merchant resources?I'd like to know too
Can anyone else confirm (maybe Rarestone themselves) if this is Victoria 8.1? Rarestone released an Elder Minto. I wonder if the character used for this skin merchant product is an Elder Judy Love. Because to me thats what the face reminds me of.
What is the hair and model used?The hair is Delphi Hair, as for the model I'm not sure. She looks vaguely like Victoria 8 with a different skin material.
Export animationsHello Mark! Were you able to overcome this issue? I have the same exact problem, but can't figure out how to tackle this problem...
marcm3d said:
Hi! I exported an animation with Genesis 2 in .dae to Marvelous Designer and it worked. But with Victoria 8 is not working. Why? I'm not using the aniMate. Obs: in .fbx i have the mesage: "FbxSkin::eDualQuaternion or FbxSkin::eBlend is not supported".
Using clothing from the kids 4 on g8fThere is no commercial K4 clone available for G8F. If you can get the K4 shape onto G8F using a combination of Gen X and XTransfer you can make your own clone, otherwise the easiest option is to autofit to Genesis (which does have a K4 clone), and then autofit that to G8F using the Genesis clone built into G8F.
Autofit can distort the clothing item, particularly the front part of dresses, and autofitting twice will no doubt make the issue worse, so the final result may not be perfect.
An alternative solution is to use an app like Crossdresser to convert the K4 dress to one for V4 and then use something like https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female to get that onto G8F. That might give a better conversion, but this is not guaranteed.
G8 Centaur Posing - Horse 2 body poses
I had not run across that script, thank you for the link, and the offer. I'm not familiar with the way Daz scripts function but I'm happy to dig in and have a look.richardandtracy said:
I imagine the bone names and zero pose positions are different between G8 Centaur and Horse 2. It's the sort of thing that cries out for a little transfer script between the two. If someone wants to edit one of my freebie pose transfer scripts (G1F->G8F for example, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/502771/victoria-5-g1f-to-g8f-pose-transfer-script) to do the job, they are welcome to do so. There'll be about 2000 lines of code to edit, but it isn't difficult. Would just ask that it could be kept as a freebie.
I'm afraid I can't do the job myself, as I have neither model and in all honesty I don't really want them.
Regards,
Richard.
G8 Centaur Posing - Horse 2 body posesI imagine the bone names and zero pose positions are different between G8 Centaur and Horse 2. It's the sort of thing that cries out for a little transfer script between the two. If someone wants to edit one of my freebie pose transfer scripts (G1F->G8F for example, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/502771/victoria-5-g1f-to-g8f-pose-transfer-script) to do the job, they are welcome to do so. There'll be about 2000 lines of code to edit, but it isn't difficult. Would just ask that it could be kept as a freebie.
I'm afraid I can't do the job myself, as I have neither model and in all honesty I don't really want them.
Regards,
Richard.
~Problem with Millawa 8 Head morph~ (SOLVED)NorthOf45 said:
That's what mine has ( "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"), so that's not the source of the problem.
And, @PerttiA, my Victoria 8 "FHMVictoria8.dsf" does not have "#Geometry", it has "#Genesis8Female", too.
@avatar0319, I suggest to only install Millawa 8 and Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in a separate library, isolated from everything else, not to re-install everything.
One thing comes to mind... Does the complete path of your installation location include "\Cloud\" in it?
I'm using manual downloading and installation, but even the contents of the files may be different if installed with DAZ Connect ("Smart" Content) to the non-traditional "Cloud" path.
~Problem with Millawa 8 Head morph~ (SOLVED)avatar0319 said:
PerttiA said:
avatar0319 said:
PerttiA said:
"Could not find parent for modifier: FHMMillawa8."
There is something not correctly specified inside the morphfile
...and this is what I can't just understand. I downloaded Millawa 8 and installed her through DIM, all's good, no errors or bugs during installation or downloading. But since I don't see a lot of threads about Millawa 8 head morph bug, I can safely assume that the problem is on my end. Yet I can't understand how it's possible - every other character works as intended and only Millawa failed me. Is there something special about her morphs? Maybe there's some hidden required product I should buy? I mean, it's a really strange bug. I can't wrap my mind about it.
Ok, finally at home...
The error tells that the head morph cannot find the "parent" as it is specified inside the morph file.
This is the relevant section of FHMVictoria8.dsf, what is written inside FHMMillava8.dsf should be the same exept with the "id" and "name" referring to Millawa8 (Note that every character/dot/point/etc. counts);"modifier_library" : [
{
"id" : "FHMVictoria8",
"name" : "FHMVictoria8",
"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#geometry",If this information is correct inside the file, you may have the morph installed twice in different locations, but that would show in the log.
Installing whatever characters and/or morphs does not report any problems of this type, they will only surface when you are trying to load any figure that uses the same base figure (Genesis 8 Female in this case)
Hmmm... This is what my FHMMillawa8.dsf file says:
},
"modifier_library" : [
{
"id" : "FHMMillawa8",
"name" : "FHMMillawa8",
"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female",This part is different, it doesn't reffer to geometry like with Victoria 8, so... should I changed it to #geometry? (i'm kinda scared though!)
P.S. Thanks, NorthOf45, I'll try to reinstall everything but only when I'm out of options :)
That's what mine has ( "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"), so that's not the source of the problem.
And, @PerttiA, my Victoria 8 "FHMVictoria8.dsf" does not have "#Geometry", it has "#Genesis8Female", too.
@avatar0319, I suggest to only install Millawa 8 and Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in a separate library, isolated from everything else, not to re-install everything.
~Problem with Millawa 8 Head morph~ (SOLVED)avatar0319 said:
PerttiA said:
Ok, finally at home...
The error tells that the head morph cannot find the "parent" as it is specified inside the morph file.
This is the relevant section of FHMVictoria8.dsf, what is written inside FHMMillava8.dsf should be the same exept with the "id" and "name" referring to Millawa8 (Note that every character/dot/point/etc. counts);"modifier_library" : [
{
"id" : "FHMVictoria8",
"name" : "FHMVictoria8",
"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#geometry",If this information is correct inside the file, you may have the morph installed twice in different locations, but that would show in the log.
Installing whatever characters and/or morphs does not report any problems of this type, they will only surface when you are trying to load any figure that uses the same base figure (Genesis 8 Female in this case)
Hmmm... This is what my FHMMillawa8.dsf file says:
},
"modifier_library" : [
{
"id" : "FHMMillawa8",
"name" : "FHMMillawa8",
"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female",This part is different, it doesn't reffer to geometry like with Victoria 8, so... should I changed it to #geometry? (i'm kinda scared though!)
P.S. Thanks, NorthOf45, I'll try to reinstall everything but only when I'm out of options :)
Make a copy of the original FHMMIllawa8.dsf and change the name to FHMMillawa8_dsf.old to have a backup copy of the original.
Change the "parent" to "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#geometry" inside the remaining FHMMillawa8.dsf and save, you can not break anything.
Send a ticket about the problem and fix so that DAZ is aware of it.
~Problem with Millawa 8 Head morph~ (SOLVED)PerttiA said:
avatar0319 said:
PerttiA said:
"Could not find parent for modifier: FHMMillawa8."
There is something not correctly specified inside the morphfile
...and this is what I can't just understand. I downloaded Millawa 8 and installed her through DIM, all's good, no errors or bugs during installation or downloading. But since I don't see a lot of threads about Millawa 8 head morph bug, I can safely assume that the problem is on my end. Yet I can't understand how it's possible - every other character works as intended and only Millawa failed me. Is there something special about her morphs? Maybe there's some hidden required product I should buy? I mean, it's a really strange bug. I can't wrap my mind about it.
Ok, finally at home...
The error tells that the head morph cannot find the "parent" as it is specified inside the morph file.
This is the relevant section of FHMVictoria8.dsf, what is written inside FHMMillava8.dsf should be the same exept with the "id" and "name" referring to Millawa8 (Note that every character/dot/point/etc. counts);"modifier_library" : [
{
"id" : "FHMVictoria8",
"name" : "FHMVictoria8",
"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#geometry",If this information is correct inside the file, you may have the morph installed twice in different locations, but that would show in the log.
Installing whatever characters and/or morphs does not report any problems of this type, they will only surface when you are trying to load any figure that uses the same base figure (Genesis 8 Female in this case)
Hmmm... This is what my FHMMillawa8.dsf file says:
},
"modifier_library" : [
{
"id" : "FHMMillawa8",
"name" : "FHMMillawa8",
"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female",This part is different, it doesn't reffer to geometry like with Victoria 8, so... should I changed it to #geometry? (i'm kinda scared though!)
P.S. Thanks, NorthOf45, I'll try to reinstall everything but only when I'm out of options :)












