-
Searching for pants with heavy stiches on side
How did you convert it?
Maybe try something like this https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female
What the hell is Gordig doing now?DNVWASWBIS (or: Drawing Naked Victoria With a Sword While Bored in School)

For Llola Lane's monthly challenge thread. July's theme was "paper", and I had this idea and started working on it before June was even over, but then I fell into a deep, dark pit of depression and did virtually nothing all July, so I rushed this out last night.
The We Will Miss You, Chohole Complaint Thread
I haven't gotten it yet but maybe soon. I bet Victoria 8.1 would look lovely in that SUV.LeatherGryphon said:Sfariah said:
I found a cheap SUV. https://www.daz3d.com/land-adventurer-suv
Nice vehicle. Perfect for putting oversized sand tires on and spraying rocks at other cars. And it is cheap. However, it's not completely functional for human travel.
Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures part 3
In my first iterations I actually used "Eichorn art's" Palmira HD for g3f/g8f, since she really looks like a younger her. https://www.daz3d.com/palmira-for-genesis-3-and-8-female But for this newer one I used Facegen for textures and its base morph at 30%, then EJFM's facial morph sliders and genesis 8 female head hd morphs. For the body figure I used Victoria 8.1 with some genesis 8 hd body morphs.magikhs said:Render-Farmer said:
Kinda fiddled with this Barbara Palvin look-a-like for months. Higher res picture is avaible on my DA https://www.deviantart.com/render-farmer/art/Character-study-PBR-detail-textures-886951780
Nice work! ;)
To me, Sky HD by Mousso, makes the best template for a Barbara Palvin. Gorgeous model, too!

Victoria 4 outfit may fit to Genesis 8 Girl? (The Sentry)Hey :)
I want to but the outfit The Sentry and I want to ask if its may fit to genesis 8 toThanks! :)
Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2021 (CLOSED)Had the idea for this before June was even over, and started on it, then fell into a deep, dark hole of depression and did basically nothing all month, so here's my hasty contribution:
DNVWASWBIS (Drawing naked Victoria with a sword while bored in school)
2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"
Thanks!Richard Haseltine said:Richard Haseltine said:
doubledeviant said:
The HD add-ons for Sydney 8 and Mr Woo 8 are absent from today's sale on HD add-ons. Is that a mistake? It seems odd to exclude them specifically from a lineup that seems otherwise comprehensive from Victoria 8 through Juan Carlos 8.
Asked about this.
These have been added now (actually a couple of hours ago, but I was away).
2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"Richard Haseltine said:
doubledeviant said:
The HD add-ons for Sydney 8 and Mr Woo 8 are absent from today's sale on HD add-ons. Is that a mistake? It seems odd to exclude them specifically from a lineup that seems otherwise comprehensive from Victoria 8 through Juan Carlos 8.
Asked about this.
These have been added now (actually a couple of hours ago, but I was away).
2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"doubledeviant said:
The HD add-ons for Sydney 8 and Mr Woo 8 are absent from today's sale on HD add-ons. Is that a mistake? It seems odd to exclude them specifically from a lineup that seems otherwise comprehensive from Victoria 8 through Juan Carlos 8.
Asked about this.
2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"The HD add-ons for Sydney 8 and Mr Woo 8 are absent from today's sale on HD add-ons. Is that a mistake? It seems odd to exclude them specifically from a lineup that seems otherwise comprehensive from Victoria 8 through Juan Carlos 8.How to recreate the look of older Gen2 promos with iRay (lights)?First of all thank you guys for all the input. Could you maybe provide some more details in terms of exact seetings for i.e. sun-sky and such.
@ioonrxoon
Regarding your question on Bend Morphs for G2F:Unfortunately Zev0 started his Bend Control products with G3F so there seems to be no G2F version.
I own a product called "Beautiful Bends for G2F" purchased here which unfortunately seems to be no longer available. The PA (wowie) seems to no longer sell here.

There is also one product called Ultimate Natural for Victoria 6 Body which might help. That one is still available:
https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-natural-for-victoria-6-body
Victoria 4 HairCan hair for Victoria 4 be auto conformed to Genesis 3 and 8 Figures in DAZ Studio? I have quite a lot in my Poser runtime! DAZ Studio seems to recognize Poser formats. Cheers
More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)Hello, Everyone:
I have been a DAZ user since approximately June 2015. However, this is probably only my second time perhaps that I’ve ever posted to the forums, and I don’t believe I’ve ever posted to the gallery – so hopefully my attachments will upload properly.
I just happened to stumble upon this thread and was moved to post today because 1) of all your inspiringly well-executed NPR images that I see being posted, as well as 2) everyone’s gracious generosity in sharing their personal workflows and post processing recipes.
Re: Consistency
With respect to NPRs, my kryptonite is comic book style images – especially in the styles of the late Bronze / early Modern comic book ages, which were the styles I grew up reading – and I have been trying to mimic those styles with Daz Studio/Gimp for years now.
I’m getting closer at achieving the exact look I’m aiming for (except that my personal style is to intentionally have a lot more detail than the comic panels of those ages), and the attached images (which is the same image except both with and without dialogue) is where I currently am at to date in trying to achieve that look.
I guess I should mention that I created the attached pages for the sole purpose of trying to nail down my workflow and techniques, and that although the images look like they might be part of a longer WIP (i.e., a full comic book or graphic novel) . . . they are not. I merely wanted to see if my workflow has gotten to the point where I can achieve my exact style consistently across multiple panels.
As I believe I've achieved that goal and am now able to work consistently across multiple panels, my next goal is to try achieve consistency across multiple pages using renders that have different lighting moods and setups.
I’m mostly satisfied with the end results so far, but I believe I am only about 95% of the way there – there are still some minor issues I have to address, e.g., the glaring desecration of the lady’s face in the very last panel (and to a much lesser extent the minor desecration done to her face in the very first panel as well).
Moreover, there is much to the process and workflow that I still have to fix. Although I feel I am able to achieve my desired look consistenly, nonetheless my processes don’t feel streamlined whatsoever, and I am working extremely repetitively – which is annoying.
Once I’ve nailed down these problems and am able to achieve my look, I’ll try to write-up a tutorial if anyone would be interested.
But for now, I feel I can move on to begin actually writing my comic, as well as to now try to conquer second stylistic kryptonite – a more painterly style for single renders as standalone art.
The attached images were rendered in photorealistic Iray (scene only), and the finished single comic book page took about 5½ hours to create (rendering, post processing, compositing, and dialogue). I know NPR renders are supposed to be better using 3DL, but my experimentation yielded much better success in Iray (it's easier to remove extra detail than to add it), and so I think my render times took longer than they would have had I used 3DL instead – but I can’t say that for sure.
The individual renders contained distant lights, and various point lights and spotlights.
And, lastly, the models I used were Medieval Docks, iREAL Animated Ocean Water System (Quiet Cove preset), Daz Dragon 3, Daz Horse 2, Victoria 8, Michael 8, The Western Knight Series 01 for G8M, Tebrys Outfit for G8F, Guardian Horse Armor for Daz Horse 2, and Gayll dForce Hair for G8F.
Since I’ve gone this far, I’ll also post these same images to my Daz gallery – I would appreciate any comments and feedback you all could please provide. Even though this would be my first posting ever of my images to any art site, if you do care to comment, please be brutally honest – I’ll take the bad along with the good as I would learn much more that way.
Thank you all for your inspiration and sharing your knowledge.
How to get 8.1 charactersNoah LGP said:
Genesis 8 Starter Essentials provide the basic female/male figures for Genesis 8 and 8.1.
If you are looking for Victoria or Michael, the core figures are sold seperately
Thanks. It is the starter essentials i am trying to get. In previous upgrades that have appeared in DS, this time they have not. I never got the DS installer to work properly before so it may be that Daz Central still does not work, so I will have to manually install the starter pack (I prefer doing that as I know where everything is). Is there a way I can get at the starter essentials on their own rather that by installing all of DS through Daz Central, or at least manually downlaod DS and manually install avoiding Daz Central?
How to get 8.1 charactersGenesis 8 Starter Essentials provide the basic female/male figures for Genesis 8 and 8.1.
If you are looking for Victoria or Michael, the core figures are sold seperately
https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1-core-figures
Removing enbedding morphs and rigging from items...Is there a way to do this in Studio? A hat that was originally intended for M4 that I'd like to use a simple prop without having it want to be parented a figure? There are many older clothing items and props in my library that were embedding with morphs for figures I no longer use. Being able to load them into a scene as simple props without morphs and rigging would be very useful. For example, a cane that wants to conform to Victoria 4 and will only move conjunction with the ways that figure will move.
DAZ DiversityChumly said:
And PA's tend to make what they know.... and people tend to buy what the like and/or need... which is human nature. When folks operate outside of that, things tend to be more stereotypical.
The real prize is proselytizing Daz and its power to more people... and a more diverse group of users... so that those folks gain skills and progress on to making the things that they know, and becoming PAs....
Exactly. To me, it appears that Daz and its parent company want to expand the demographics of buyers/users outside of hobbyists who, in the words of Brian Haberlin, make "Victoria swinging a sword with a bikini in a dungeon" renders. There'll always be... that market, sure. But a lot of the Poser-era users are either losing interest for various reasons (likely because the technology is evolving faster than they can reasonably keep up with) or they've since passed on. The well for that hobbyist industry will eventually dry up at some point, so why not venture into demographics that are willing to spend more and use their products more? The diversity isn't exactly altruistic, but at least they're making a genuine attempt. I'll give them that.
I'm also hazarding a guess that Daz has taken a look at the rapidly changing cultural shifts since 2015/2016 and is doing their best to try and keep up with the times. Who honestly thought 5-10 years ago, we'd have bundles and characters openly celebrating/themed after LGBTQ+ culture? I sure didn't.
DAZ DiversityPanzer Emerald said:
I've been a huge proponent for more diversity in Daz's products for a good decade(!) now and for all my grievances with Daz as a company, I will give credit where credit is due.
They have made a huge effort to increase the diversity of their "core" characters and it's really shown with Genesis 8/8.1. Not just in race/ethnicity, but in age (Kids 8.1 when, tho), gender identity, and body types. Heck, we've gotten same-sex couples (explicitly romantic) poses as well, which would've been unheard of 10 years ago. Hard to believe that only a few years ago, every major bundle/core character was usually some sort of variation of a Caucasian person and/or female.
The PAs also deserve credit as well for diversifying, too. It's nice to have gone from "Victoria with a spray tan passed off as BlPOC" to characters that are diverse.
I think a huge part of it is the changing landscape of Daz's demographics and their attempts to branch out into the mainstream (i.e. gaming), which, whether you like it or not, is going in a more progressive-minded and inclusive direction. If that's not your cuppa, well, there's other places out there that are stuck in the early 00's mindset. (won't name names, but uhhh...La femme est si blanche)
At the end of the day, everyone wins with this new direction Daz has been taking. If only others could follow suit.
Very well-said!
DAZ DiversityI've been a huge proponent for more diversity in Daz's products for a good decade(!) now and for all my grievances with Daz as a company, I will give credit where credit is due.
They have made a huge effort to increase the diversity of their "core" characters and it's really shown with Genesis 8/8.1. Not just in race/ethnicity, but in age (Kids 8.1 when, tho), gender identity, and body types. Heck, we've gotten same-sex couples (explicitly romantic) poses as well, which would've been unheard of 10 years ago. Hard to believe that only a few years ago, every major bundle/core character was usually some sort of variation of a Caucasian person and/or female.
The PAs also deserve credit as well for diversifying, too. It's nice to have gone from "Victoria with a spray tan passed off as BlPOC" to characters that are diverse.
I think a huge part of it is the changing landscape of Daz's demographics and their attempts to branch out into the mainstream (i.e. gaming), which, whether you like it or not, is going in a more progressive-minded and inclusive direction. If that's not your cuppa, well, there's other places out there that are stuck in the early 00's mindset. (won't name names, but uhhh...La femme est si blanche)
At the end of the day, everyone wins with this new direction Daz has been taking. If only others could follow suit.
can you identify this character/skin?The jewerly seems to come from this character: https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-finley-hd-for-victoria-7-and-her-jewelry
Also, keep in mind that during G3F brow packages were offered and people were able to remove brows that came with a character with Brow Remover and replace them with ones that they preferred. (But the link I gave is for a product released after the product page for the hair.)








