• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Facegen, Skinbuilder - What may I share?

    Hello,

    I recently bought FaceGen and Skinbuilder, used it, and created a morph and a skin for a Genesis8 Figure. Since I wanted to share the final product, I would like to ask two things:

    1. How do I save a complete preset to "give away"?
    2. Am I allowed to share morphs and skins made with skinbuilder (for free), and facegen?

    Thank you in advance!

    If possible, please share some images. I always like to see what people come up with using facegen.

    By

    ChadCrypto ChadCrypto December 2018 in The Commons
  • Using daz for reference drawings, are there settings that make this easier?

    Here's what I've done since the early days or Poser and now using DAZ Studio instead for my graphic novels.  I set my scene in DAZ Studio with figures and props, etc.  My figures are unclothed, but with the muscle morphs and height settings I need. To this day I cannot get my head around setting up lights so I "borrowed" the set up I was used to from Poser by exporting a plain pz3 file. A quick import into DS and a save as a scene preset and there are my basic lights. I don't use the lights in DS to dictate my final shading. But having some kind of a light set up makes the figure's muscularity easier to see. It also helps to better deliniate the props in the scene.
     

     Once the scene is set how I want it, I use the snipping tool  ( Windows 10) to grab an image without bothering to render in DAZ Studio. The image is placed into Adobe Illustrator for sketching, final line drawing work , speach bubbles and lettering.  When that is done, I export to Photoshop for coloring and shading. The finished image is saved out of Photoshop as a jpeg and added to the story folder (My stories are one image/page and thus not like a traditonal comic book)
    Before making the leap to an all digital workflow I used to print a copy of my final scene and use it to transfer a guide onto illustration board. I would use a thick charcoal pencil to blacken the back of the printed image. Then I'd tape the image onto the illustration board and transfer the outline of my image onto the media. After that it would be pencil drawing, inking with rapidograhs and coloring with colored inks. 

    By

    semperequstri semperequstri December 2018 in The Commons
  • Is it possible to make genesis 8 work with a morph that alters the default pose?

    I sort of did this creating my iClone character creator clone for genesis 3

    what I did was baked the rotations on my Genesis 3 to match it before applying the morph and running erc then rotated the arms back and exported that obj and repeated the process

    the clone itself was made with a mixture of posing, scaling, softselection and vertex moving and shrinkwrap in Carrara and Blender

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz December 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Facegen, Skinbuilder - What may I share?

    You can share the morph (morph only, no part of the original figure) made with facegen, but you cannot share any textures from DAZ, PAs or Skinbuilder. Skinbuider is designed to create personal prijects or commercial addons only.

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns December 2018 in The Commons
  • Rigging Windows & Slider Doors

    Did you use the same preset in the OBJ import dialogue and the Morph Loader dialogue?

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2018 in New Users
  • Facegen, Skinbuilder - What may I share?

    Hello,

    I recently bought FaceGen and Skinbuilder, used it, and created a morph and a skin for a Genesis8 Figure. Since I wanted to share the final product, I would like to ask two things:

    1. How do I save a complete preset to "give away"?
    2. Am I allowed to share morphs and skins made with skinbuilder (for free), and facegen?

    Thank you in advance!

    By

    Ryselle-Ryssa Ryselle-Ryssa December 2018 in The Commons
  • Is it possible to make genesis 8 work with a morph that alters the default pose?

    Don't sculpt the main movements, just aply the pose, export to the modeller, add the extra details you want, load as a moprh on the posed figure with Reverse Deformations.

    Well the problem is I'm working with sculpts that have a slightly different default A pose than Gen 8's default pose, the difference being straightend legs like Gen 3's and arms angled a bit differently than Gen 8's.
    From my limited testing it seamed to be good enough (for my needs at least), pose worked well, limits worked and JCMs and if I spent more time matching the pose to my sculpt for reverse deformations, it might help it a bit better. It reversed the pose derformations good enough as if I exported the model in that pose.
    The main things is that it works, the test above was with Gen 3 (before I've moved to 8) and managed to get a full body morph using Gen 3 with the arms in an A pose. So It sould work better with Gen 8 since it's already in a A  pose just wiggled aroudn a bit.
    Thanks for the help. yes

    By

    Hawk_3D Hawk_3D December 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How does Map Transfer work?

    You'll find something like the images I've attached, useful for remembering what materials go in what slot; even though V4 and her stable-mates doesn't have them, I seem to recall haven't to create zones when transfering maps; it was a while ago so I may also have been mistaken.

    I transfer them to default UVs before transfering via Blacksmith to G3/8.

    By

    nicstt nicstt December 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Nix 8

    He's great, and I got him immediately. Now I just wonder:

    a. Is there a more 'human' head and face available with Xenoman https://www.daz3d.com/xenoman-for-nix-8 , so I can finally have someone to work with Xenogirl https://www.daz3d.com/xenogirl-hd-for-zelara-8 ? Or is it possible to morph Xenoman's face into a more human look? And is it possible to beef him up a bit, he's a bit skinny looking imo.

    b. Is there a male Aureska Hol coming?  

    By

    Hera Hera December 2018 in The Commons
  • Rigging Windows & Slider Doors

    Are they just flat? If so you don't actually need to rig, a morph will handle sliding - just make a version of your model with a door slid to its open position and export as - for example - DoorRoom1Open.OBJ, repeat for the other doors. The in DS select your model, Edit>Figure>Moprh Loader pro, click the select Morphs button, and grab all of your morph OBJs. The defaults should be fine to start, so click Accept. If soem does need to do more than slide along a line (I notice you have some cylinders with opening) then that may require rigging.

    I tried this today for the first time and it worked but not correctly.

    I created an obj of the entire vessel with the cargo door closed.
    The I created an obj of the entire vessel with teh cargo door open.
    Then I opened the closed door version in DS
    Then I selected Edit,, Figure, Morph Loader Pro.
    The I selected my open door version of the entire ship.
    Then I selected Accept.

    DS reported having loaded the desired morph successfully but upon trial of the new morph.
    Instead of the cargo door sliding right to left, the entire ship moves forward and backward and the cargo door stayed closed.

    Perhaps I misunderstood the instructions?

    By

    handyman4545 handyman4545 December 2018 in New Users
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    For fear of seeming to be a smart a$$, which one is supposed to be Carrie?  And who is the other "celebrity"?

    Oh, to clarify, the render Werts depicts of his (her?) morph is pretty decent, just a bit older.  But the morph itself, at least when I loaded it did not look as good as Werts' piece.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    As Odaa mentioned above, Carrie Fisher (on the left of the picture) and Natalie Portman is on the right. I make no representation of how good they are :)

     

    Ok, so it turns out I have 3.

    Celebritystandin on the left. scott8539 in the middle and Werts on the right. No render just a screen grab of the morphs on an untextured V4.

    The scott8539 is a little younger looking but alas is no longer available at ShareCG either :(

    I will admit Scott's version is the best of the 3.  It's a shame he pulled all his stuff from ShareCG.  That might have been at the time the site was considering a "hosting fee".  The notion of having to pay in order to share freebies scared away a lot of people and many of them did not return after ShareCG dropped the idea.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    I agree, the Scott's version is definitely the closer of the three. If anyone has ideas of finding this, I would be very grateful

     

    By

    Gmann001 Gmann001 December 2018 in The Commons
  • Nix 8

    @MimicMolly Why not dial in the Nix/Zelara body (to get the spine morphs) and dial whatever head morph combinations you please on top?

    @xyer0 I was looking for morphs for the spine itself, since it's a separate attachment. To make the spine appear larger, smaller, etc. Zelara didn't come with any, so I assume it's the same for Nix.

    By

    MimicMolly MimicMolly December 2018 in The Commons
  • Nix 8

    @MimicMolly Why not dial in the Nix/Zelara body (to get the spine morphs) and dial whatever head morph combinations you please on top?

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 December 2018 in The Commons
  • Nix 8

    Pro Bundle contents are meh, as are the texture add-ons, but his skin and morph look superb. It seems to me that Core G8Ms have much better skin overall than their sisters, though Zelara 8's skin is zaPowwwza! He reminded me of Zayn Malik, especially with his MiddleEastern nose and skint-sided hair (great job, as ever, by Redz). I don't know why Daz didn't throw in at least one Arabian-themed outfit to garner ethnicity points. I suppose extraterrestrial will be considered an ethnicity in a few years.

    Image result for zayn malik

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 December 2018 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    I have been searching high and low for a good "young" Carrie Fisher (Star Wars).  Even tried as far as using FaceGen to create one of my own but I'm not getting anywhere.  Anyone have any good leads?

    There was a really good Princess Leia by Werts for V4. Unfortunately it's no longer available but I'm sure I have it somewhere. I'll check if the readme allows redistribution if you want it.

    I have that morph and have tried it.  Unfortunately, it's a more "seasoned" Carrie, looking closer to what she did in "The Force Awakens".  (Ironic, given Werts made it several years before that film.)

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    Agreed. The Celebritystandin one was called StarQueens and also depicted her a bit older than the first film. Here is the promo pic taken from the zip file I have.

    I think Werts and CSI were both aiming for Return of The Jedi Carrie, where she looks a bit older and more careworn than in the previous two movies, due either to lifestyle choices catching up with her or the weight loss required for the Jabba The Hutt scenes showing in her face.

    By

    Odaa Odaa December 2018 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    For fear of seeming to be a smart a$$, which one is supposed to be Carrie?  And who is the other "celebrity"?

    Oh, to clarify, the render Werts depicts of his (her?) morph is pretty decent, just a bit older.  But the morph itself, at least when I loaded it did not look as good as Werts' piece.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    As Odaa mentioned above, Carrie Fisher (on the left of the picture) and Natalie Portman is on the right. I make no representation of how good they are :)

     

    Ok, so it turns out I have 3.

    Celebritystandin on the left. scott8539 in the middle and Werts on the right. No render just a screen grab of the morphs on an untextured V4.

    The scott8539 is a little younger looking but alas is no longer available at ShareCG either :(

    I will admit Scott's version is the best of the 3.  It's a shame he pulled all his stuff from ShareCG.  That might have been at the time the site was considering a "hosting fee".  The notion of having to pay in order to share freebies scared away a lot of people and many of them did not return after ShareCG dropped the idea.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    By

    Redfern Redfern December 2018 in The Commons
  • Body morphs will not load, apply, or inject - would really appreciate some help!

    It's 4.10, not 10.

    You have the New Library folder selected as your content directory, for both Poser and DS format content? It sounds as if you might be seeing the .dsf morph siles in the content pane, which would indicate that they are not in the correct place (The Data and Runtime folders should not be visible in the Content Library pane).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Who is the Male Model in the St Lucia Crown promo?

    I think he is a mix of  Floyd (https://www.daz3d.com/floyd-8) and Gades (https://www.daz3d.com/gades-for-genesis-8-male)

    They both are mentioned in the "Additional Products used in Promo Images: "

    Also Floyd HD Add-On. So I think it is Floyd's Texture and Hd with Gade's morph

    By

    JUJU JUJU December 2018 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    For fear of seeming to be a smart a$$, which one is supposed to be Carrie?  And who is the other "celebrity"?

    Oh, to clarify, the render Werts depicts of his (her?) morph is pretty decent, just a bit older.  But the morph itself, at least when I loaded it did not look as good as Werts' piece.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    As Odaa mentioned above, Carrie Fisher (on the left of the picture) and Natalie Portman is on the right. I make no representation of how good they are :)

     

    Ok, so it turns out I have 3.

    Celebritystandin on the left. scott8539 in the middle and Werts on the right. No render just a screen grab of the morphs on an untextured V4.

    The scott8539 is a little younger looking but alas is no longer available at ShareCG either :(

    I have the Star Queen morphs and don't like them.  Right now, the best way to get a good depection of Leia is to use an XPS model extracted from Battlefront 2 (free and legal) that you can download over at DA.  You can use a free program called XNALara to pose her (it's a bit of a challenge compared to DAZ), then export her out as an OBJ.  You can then import her into DAZ, convert her textures to IRAY and render.  I've done this with Luke and Han and they came out nice, altough, I made them look more like paintings in Post-Work.  I know that's a lot of steps, but It's the best way I've found of doing Star Wars Fan Art that actually looks like the original actors.  You can check out my gallery to see what I mean.  I haven't done Leia yet, but I plan too.  Oh one more thing, messy hear does not export/import well.  WIth Han and Like, I had to get rid of the original hair and replace it with DAZ hair (manually placed).  Chewbacca was a horrible, I couldn't use him.  Leia's hair might fair better though.

    By

    tkdrobert tkdrobert December 2018 in The Commons
  • !! Carrara Challenge 44 - Any Element, Not Just the 5th WIP Thread

    ah Stezza, you have won already :) bottom image is beaut,

    Bunyip02, that water surface look sperfect at the top left

    Varsel, thank you for that!

    Wendy, thanks for replying, alas I can replicate leaves on a fountain but it does not transfer to the replicated verisions of the fountain

    Stezza, the founrtain we are using is not the typical particle one - it's found in the drop down with the clouds etc

    UB - thank you - yes it looks very pointillist! Accidentally. I tried to get mor meat but to do that I need to convert to a mesh and then add thickness and that adds to the render times :(

    Thanks Headwax, product used is https://www.daz3d.com/ultrumarine-ocean

    Very nice work with your vegetation renders, will have to give it a try !!!

    By

    Bunyip02 Bunyip02 December 2018 in Carrara Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.