-
How to convert support assert morphs back to non-universal morphs.
There may be better ways but you can apply the morph to your zeroed out base character with base resolution, export as . obj. Delete the support assets morph(s), use morph loader to load the morph into your scene. Just save the scene, not as a support asset, it will be saved only to the current scene.
Krampus HD for Genesis 8 MaleIt's all one morph per usual guys. It would be nearly impossible to split into head and body and make it look right
HFS has hooves, use that
https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-ultimate-shapes-for-genesis-8-male
Import clothes in DSI guess there are very few to no video tutorials on how to paint weight maps manualy because in general we use the auto-fit or Transfer Utility to have them "projected" automaticly onto the clothing items.
The weight maps have to have the same map strength like the figure underneath otherwise the clothing wouldn't follow the pose of the figure.
In times of Genesis 2 figures and the TriAx weight maps it was easy to edit the weight maps and the "bulge maps" to fit the clothing all within Daz Studio and the Node Weight Map Brush.
Now with Genesis 3 and 8 figures and the General weight maps system editing and creating clothing that fits has become more challengeing. You can't just ignore all those JCMs those are an essential part of how the Genesis 3 and 8 figures deform while you pose them and the clothing need to have them too.
1st screenshot: I see there are still issues with the mesh. Above the left breast the orange chest part seems to be another layer of cloth while the dark cloth underneath is poking through. To avoid this its best to only have one layer of cloth covering the body, its the same issue like with those white stripes down the front. Both layers of clothing are too close to each other and its almost impossible to avoid them intersecting not just with the weight maps but this will also be an issue with shape morphs lateron.
2nd screenshot: This is strange with no morphs in zero pose this shouldn't happen.
Syrus_Dante said:
There are a few settings in the Transfer Utility options that you could try. The first is the Distance Tolerance slider...
I realy thought a higher Distance Tolerance would give you better results. How much did you turn up the value?
Anyway if you want to continue on this project and the generated JCMs don't give you good results I would export them as seperate OBJs load them into a geometry editor like Blender and smooth them with the sculpting smooth brush to fix those deformations. Then you could replace those fixed JCMs with the originals, all in all very advanced stuff and much work to do.
Keep in mind that most clothing item products also use the Smoothing Modifier with target collision settings to avoid possible poke-throughs. But this should only be used for smale poke-through issues and the clothing should fit the figure before you activate the Smoothing Modifier.
From Victoria 3 to Genesis 2I'm able to load and manipulate the MilWom_V3 figure; what I want is to transfer her particular shape to G2F form. I've got the GenX AddOn Gen3 for V3 and M3 but that option doesn't come up when using GenX2.
When I try to access to the source, I just get the Genesis 1-3 and Victoria 4.2. I'm not trying to transfer the default V3 shape, just a couple of V3 ladies with their particular shapes.
I may just be overcomplicating things with the pzz mention.
Have you definitely downloaded and installed the file called GenX2 Addon for V3 and M3, not the GenX (blank) one?
Caprice and V8 Thank You DiscountWhat are the chances we get two Caprice characters just days apart? I was slightly confused for a bit.Agreed, There are so many names PAs can pick. There should only be one character with that name, at least within a generation. It can get very confusing in parameters.
Since both products were released fairly shortly from each other, they were both in production at the same time and likely both were submitted before either of them even hit the store. Different people test the products so they might have not even known that two characters with the same name were being processed and tested. A very unusual occurrence for sure and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
To change the name of a character after it's been created is crazy difficult and hugely time-consuming. Every single texture, makeup, and file has to be renamed, every morph has to be remade and renamed, if you have made JCMs or MCMs those have to be redone too, shape presets and character preset has to be remade, every material preset has to be reset up and remade, icons and tip files changed/renamed, if promo images have the name of the character those have to be redone, etc etc. It's nearly like starting over from scratch to set up a character again if you have to rename everything. Then you have to resubmit the character and go through the lengthy submission process again and the testing period again (which can sometimes take weeks depending on how busy the testers are), etc.
Forcing one of the PAs to, essentially, start over again would have been a pretty unreasonable request, imo.
I’m pretty sure that at one a point, one character I had rewrote over another so maybe the first thing PAs should do before they even start is ask if that name is already taken...
I'm not sure what you mean by "one character I had rewrote over another". I don't know how that could happen.
And again, they were released only four days from each other - the submission and testing process can take weeks, so when they were submitted and put through the process that name was not taken at the time. As I said, I'm sure this is a very unusual occurrence and coincidence that two characters with the same name were submitted at the same time. The odds of that happening are very slim, so this is likely just an odd and very rare occurrence.
There was a situation where one character rewrote over another in parameters because they had the exact same name. Can’t remember which one it was though. What I meant is, the PA could contact their Daz rep and ask if there’s a character named whatever already in production before they even name their character and the rep could check. So if all names were checked before the PA even started, then you wouldn’t have this problem and confusion...
Hmm I just tried saving a G8F character with the exact same name as an existing G8F character, loaded them both onto a scene and neither of them "rewrote over" the other one, so I'm not sure how that's possible how one of your characters got wrote over with another one? Maybe if they were saved in the exact same location in the exact same file? But the PAs save their characters in their own individual character files. So I'm not sure how one would be able to overwrite another one. *shrug*
Considering how many different people are working on testing products and their workload it's pretty unrealistic to expect them all to keep in constant contact with each other with the names of the products currently being tested - considering how rare it must be to have two products submitted at the same time with the exact same name. And technically, one is just Caprice and the other is RY Caprice for Victoria 8. I'm not sure that it's an issue enough to warrant the added workload of having the testers being in constant contact with all the other testers over the currently being tested products names and PAs having to check with Daz testers to see if there are any products currently being tested with the exact name they want to use each time they make a new character. Most (all?) PAs check the store to see if something is released that has a name they want to use, the odds that a product is in the testing/pre-release stage with the exact same name is undoubtedly very rare. And I'm sure if the names where EXACTLY the same Daz would make one PA change it, but again, it's probably extremely rare for two products with the exact same name to get submitted at the same time. :) Not enough to warrant the added work and back and forth between all the testers as well as all the PAs and the testers. :)
Caprice and V8 Thank You DiscountWhat are the chances we get two Caprice characters just days apart? I was slightly confused for a bit.Agreed, There are so many names PAs can pick. There should only be one character with that name, at least within a generation. It can get very confusing in parameters.
Since both products were released fairly shortly from each other, they were both in production at the same time and likely both were submitted before either of them even hit the store. Different people test the products so they might have not even known that two characters with the same name were being processed and tested. A very unusual occurrence for sure and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
To change the name of a character after it's been created is crazy difficult and hugely time-consuming. Every single texture, makeup, and file has to be renamed, every morph has to be remade and renamed, if you have made JCMs or MCMs those have to be redone too, shape presets and character preset has to be remade, every material preset has to be reset up and remade, icons and tip files changed/renamed, if promo images have the name of the character those have to be redone, etc etc. It's nearly like starting over from scratch to set up a character again if you have to rename everything. Then you have to resubmit the character and go through the lengthy submission process again and the testing period again (which can sometimes take weeks depending on how busy the testers are), etc.
Forcing one of the PAs to, essentially, start over again would have been a pretty unreasonable request, imo.
I’m pretty sure that at one a point, one character I had rewrote over another so maybe the first thing PAs should do before they even start is ask if that name is already taken...
I'm not sure what you mean by "one character I had rewrote over another". I don't know how that could happen.
And again, they were released only four days from each other - the submission and testing process can take weeks, so when they were submitted and put through the process that name was not taken at the time. As I said, I'm sure this is a very unusual occurrence and coincidence that two characters with the same name were submitted at the same time. The odds of that happening are very slim, so this is likely just an odd and very rare occurrence.
There was a situation where one character rewrote over another in parameters because they had the exact same name. Can’t remember which one it was though. What I meant is, the PA could contact their Daz rep and ask if there’s a character named whatever already in production before they even name their character and the rep could check. So if all names were checked before the PA even started, then you wouldn’t have this problem and confusion...
You may be thinking of Ryker? He was released with Vladimir 8, then a PC+ character called Ryker was released which overwrote it in the content library - that one was renamed to "FWSA Ryker" so that they could co-exist.
Caprice and V8 Thank You Discount
I wasn't complaining or trying to start an argument. I bought iSource's Caprice and a few days later I saw the name again. Totally confused me. I thought it was amusing the odds of the same name being used. Out of all the names the world over, two random PAs chose the same name for a character, both released just days apart.What are the chances we get two Caprice characters just days apart? I was slightly confused for a bit.Agreed, There are so many names PAs can pick. There should only be one character with that name, at least within a generation. It can get very confusing in parameters.
Since both products were released fairly shortly from each other, they were both in production at the same time and likely both were submitted before either of them even hit the store. Different people test the products so they might have not even known that two characters with the same name were being processed and tested. A very unusual occurrence for sure and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
To change the name of a character after it's been created is crazy difficult and hugely time-consuming. Every single texture, makeup, and file has to be renamed, every morph has to be remade and renamed, if you have made JCMs or MCMs those have to be redone too, shape presets and character preset has to be remade, every material preset has to be reset up and remade, icons and tip files changed/renamed, if promo images have the name of the character on them that has to be redone, etc etc. It's nearly like starting over from scratch to set up a character again if you have to rename everything. Then you have to resubmit the character and go through the lengthy submission process again and the testing period again (which can sometimes take weeks depending on how busy the testers are), etc.
Forcing one of the PAs to, essentially, start over again would have been a pretty unreasonable request, imo.
Caprice and V8 Thank You DiscountWhat are the chances we get two Caprice characters just days apart? I was slightly confused for a bit.Agreed, There are so many names PAs can pick. There should only be one character with that name, at least within a generation. It can get very confusing in parameters.
Since both products were released fairly shortly from each other, they were both in production at the same time and likely both were submitted before either of them even hit the store. Different people test the products so they might have not even known that two characters with the same name were being processed and tested. A very unusual occurrence for sure and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
To change the name of a character after it's been created is crazy difficult and hugely time-consuming. Every single texture, makeup, and file has to be renamed, every morph has to be remade and renamed, if you have made JCMs or MCMs those have to be redone too, shape presets and character preset has to be remade, every material preset has to be reset up and remade, icons and tip files changed/renamed, if promo images have the name of the character those have to be redone, etc etc. It's nearly like starting over from scratch to set up a character again if you have to rename everything. Then you have to resubmit the character and go through the lengthy submission process again and the testing period again (which can sometimes take weeks depending on how busy the testers are), etc.
Forcing one of the PAs to, essentially, start over again would have been a pretty unreasonable request, imo.
I’m pretty sure that at one a point, one character I had rewrote over another so maybe the first thing PAs should do before they even start is ask if that name is already taken...
I'm not sure what you mean by "one character I had rewrote over another". I don't know how that could happen.
And again, they were released only four days from each other - the submission and testing process can take weeks, so when they were submitted and put through the process that name was not taken at the time. As I said, I'm sure this is a very unusual occurrence and coincidence that two characters with the same name were submitted at the same time. The odds of that happening are very slim, so this is likely just an odd and very rare occurrence.
There was a situation where one character rewrote over another in parameters because they had the exact same name. Can’t remember which one it was though. What I meant is, the PA could contact their Daz rep and ask if there’s a character named whatever already in production before they even name their character and the rep could check. So if all names were checked before the PA even started, then you wouldn’t have this problem and confusion...
Caprice and V8 Thank You DiscountWhat are the chances we get two Caprice characters just days apart? I was slightly confused for a bit.Agreed, There are so many names PAs can pick. There should only be one character with that name, at least within a generation. It can get very confusing in parameters.
Since both products were released fairly shortly from each other, they were both in production at the same time and likely both were submitted before either of them even hit the store. Different people test the products so they might have not even known that two characters with the same name were being processed and tested. A very unusual occurrence for sure and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
To change the name of a character after it's been created is crazy difficult and hugely time-consuming. Every single texture, makeup, and file has to be renamed, every morph has to be remade and renamed, if you have made JCMs or MCMs those have to be redone too, shape presets and character preset has to be remade, every material preset has to be reset up and remade, icons and tip files changed/renamed, if promo images have the name of the character those have to be redone, etc etc. It's nearly like starting over from scratch to set up a character again if you have to rename everything. Then you have to resubmit the character and go through the lengthy submission process again and the testing period again (which can sometimes take weeks depending on how busy the testers are), etc.
Forcing one of the PAs to, essentially, start over again would have been a pretty unreasonable request, imo.
I’m pretty sure that at one a point, one character I had rewrote over another so maybe the first thing PAs should do before they even start is ask if that name is already taken...
I'm not sure what you mean by "one character I had rewrote over another". I don't know how that could happen.
And again, they were released only four days from each other - the submission and testing process can take weeks, so when they were submitted and put through the process that name was not taken at the time. As I said, I'm sure this is a very unusual occurrence and coincidence that two characters with the same name were submitted at the same time. The odds of that happening are very slim, so this is likely just an odd and very rare occurrence.
Caprice and V8 Thank You DiscountWhat are the chances we get two Caprice characters just days apart? I was slightly confused for a bit.Agreed, There are so many names PAs can pick. There should only be one character with that name, at least within a generation. It can get very confusing in parameters.
Since both products were released fairly shortly from each other, they were both in production at the same time and likely both were submitted before either of them even hit the store. Different people test the products so they might have not even known that two characters with the same name were being processed and tested. A very unusual occurrence for sure and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
To change the name of a character after it's been created is crazy difficult and hugely time-consuming. Every single texture, makeup, and file has to be renamed, every morph has to be remade and renamed, if you have made JCMs or MCMs those have to be redone too, shape presets and character preset has to be remade, every material preset has to be reset up and remade, icons and tip files changed/renamed, if promo images have the name of the character those have to be redone, etc etc. It's nearly like starting over from scratch to set up a character again if you have to rename everything. Then you have to resubmit the character and go through the lengthy submission process again and the testing period again (which can sometimes take weeks depending on how busy the testers are), etc.
Forcing one of the PAs to, essentially, start over again would have been a pretty unreasonable request, imo.
I’m pretty sure that at one a point, one character I had rewrote over another so maybe the first thing PAs should do before they even start is ask if that name is already taken...
Caprice and V8 Thank You DiscountWhat are the chances we get two Caprice characters just days apart? I was slightly confused for a bit.Agreed, There are so many names PAs can pick. There should only be one character with that name, at least within a generation. It can get very confusing in parameters.
Since both products were released fairly shortly from each other, they were both in production at the same time and likely both were submitted before either of them even hit the store. Different people test the products so they might have not even known that two characters with the same name were being processed and tested. A very unusual occurrence for sure and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
To change the name of a character after it's been created is crazy difficult and hugely time-consuming. Every single texture, makeup, and file has to be renamed, every morph has to be remade and renamed, if you have made JCMs or MCMs those have to be redone too, shape presets and character preset has to be remade, every material preset has to be reset up and remade, icons and tip files changed/renamed, if promo images have the name of the character on them that has to be redone, etc etc. It's nearly like starting over from scratch to set up a character again if you have to rename everything. Then you have to resubmit the character and go through the lengthy submission process again and the testing period again (which can sometimes take weeks depending on how busy the testers are), etc.
Forcing one of the PAs to, essentially, start over again would have been a pretty unreasonable request, imo.
From Victoria 3 to Genesis 2When I try to access to the source, I just get the Genesis 1-3 and Victoria 4.2. I'm not trying to transfer the default V3 shape, just a couple of V3 ladies with their particular shapes.
I may just be overcomplicating things with the pzz mention.
A question regarding the Victoria 7 to Victoria 8 morph packageHello,
I have recently started using DazStudio and have purchased Victoria 8 but I have also noticed that there are several characters that have been made for the Genesis 3 based Victoria 7 that I like. I was wondering if I would be able to use the G3 Victoria 7 based characters with Victoria 8 if I purchase the Victoria 7 for Victoria 8 morph package?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
nabob21
From Victoria 3 to Genesis 2I don't get what you're saying about a .pzz. Do you just want to transfer the default V3 shape, or is the difficulty with a specific shape that loads via .pzz? Or GenX seems to offer no V3 options at all?
From Victoria 3 to Genesis 2I'm able to load and manipulate the MilWom_V3 figure; what I want is to transfer her particular shape to G2F form. I've got the GenX AddOn Gen3 for V3 and M3 but that option doesn't come up when using GenX2.
Krampus HD for Genesis 8 Maleonly just got him but I'd say it is all one morph but you can try blending in shapes from other characters done that on a few of his
Iray Starter Scene: Post Your Benchmarks!As a rule of thumb, the only proper way to do every benchmark run is to:
1. Launch DAZ Studio
2. If your viewport was set to Iray instead of Textured put it back to Textured, close DAZ Studio and launch it again so it starts in textured mode.
3. Load benchmark scene.
4. Don't change any settings.
5. Hit render and don't touch PC until done.
After render is done, take the rendering time from the troubleshooting log. Doing anything else invalidates your result.It goes without saying that your PC should not be running other tasks in background while rendering (not even a web browser).
It was decided a few pages back that we are not measuring motherboard and memory settings. Therefore the viewport SHOULD be set to Iray to minimise the effect of differing systems and their differing pre-render transfer times. At the very least ignore the first render and record the 2nd render time.
Hair autofit on big heads not working greatcan you check show hidden and dial out the toon morph on the neck maybe, if it needs other adjustments to compensate dial head propegating scale or other such morphs in very slightly on the figure so they show in the hair too.
Toon Generations 2 uses Genesis 3, so there won't be separate morphs for each bone as there are with legacy rigs.
with most FBM I find with show hidden checked under actor head etc you will have greyed out corrective sliders that will also show up in clothing and hairs, they may need to be unlocked in parameter settings in some cases, I will need to load a figure and check if it is the case with toon generations 2.
OK looked,while you cannot undial the toon generations by body part you can indeed the whole morph then slightly as I said dial in head propegating scale and height on the figure, if you have Zevo's growing up use that, just a tiny increment of each so the sliders show in the hair
then dial out toon generations in the hair and dial in the head propegating scale and the height or age morph
Hair autofit on big heads not working greatcan you check show hidden and dial out the toon morph on the neck maybe, if it needs other adjustments to compensate dial head propegating scale or other such morphs in very slightly on the figure so they show in the hair too.
Toon Generations 2 uses Genesis 3, so there won't be separate morphs for each bone as there are with legacy rigs.
Hair autofit on big heads not working greatcan you check show hidden and dial out the toon morph on the neck maybe, if it needs other adjustments to compensate dial head propegating scale or other such morphs in very slightly on the figure so they show in the hair too.













