-
Can you transfer just the head from a morph say from G8M to G9?
The converters are far easier and user-friendly. But it can be done with DS but there's many steps involved, and not all shapes will come out good.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the step to view the clones. I think it is right clicking on the bar to enable "Hidden." But from there, I usually dial in the G8M clothing clone shape into a G9 without anatomical attachments. After lining up the arms and legs, I export this at base resolution as a .obj, then I reimport it as a bodysuit for G8M. (With the Transfer Utility, the .obj is made to wrap itself around G8M.) I make G8M invisible but dial in the shape I want and the bodysuit attempts to copy it. Then I export this .obj under another name. Then I clear the scene and being in a new G9 from the Dev Kit and use the Morph Loader Pro to import the head. This is the method of importing sculpted head shapes. So it is treated as if you made it with Blender or Zbrush. There's also the "Adjust Rigging to Shape" which is complicated.
[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 3 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]Silent Winter said:
Script to show metadata doesn't offer any output (or there's no metadata) - see screenshot (I tried with and without the 'Content' folder included) and the log.txt just says the script executed in 2ms as in the screenshot.
See screenshot composite for Hair converter script - I tried with all conformers ticked as well as just the short hair one.
Thanks for your patience :)
WIth that function failing (on my system it works), the script is trying to figure it out itself and defaulting to the wrong content type (the bug I mentioned before, which I have fixed but I am still working on the update)
For the conformer, for some reason when you added it, the conformer was not set. Double click the conformer column and set the conformer.
[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 3 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]Script to show metadata doesn't offer any output (or there's no metadata) - see screenshot (I tried with and without the 'Content' folder included) and the log.txt just says the script executed in 2ms as in the screenshot.
See screenshot composite for Hair converter script - I tried with all conformers ticked as well as just the short hair one.
Thanks for your patience :)
Dforce Result + MorphYou can try: Clear the simulation result, then import OBJ by MLP... with Reverse Deformations: Yes, Overwrite Existing: Deltas Only.
Also, check if Enable Smoothing is On before exporting to OBJ... sometimes smoothing will bring you subtle change after importing the morph.
Dforce Result + Morphhave had issues before with OBJ export-import where positions are not exactly the same. Had better luck with FBX for those - back then.
Use Hexagon-bridge-DS for years for that and there is zero unwanted mesh shifting.
Dforce Result + MorphWhat state is the model in when you import the morph? Is it posed? Is the simulation still applied?
Dforce Result + MorphWhen a cloth is dforced.
Then we export to 3rd software for a bit of sculpting and imported back,
The result is not exactly as sculpted.Some area that isn't touched/sculpted could also changed.
My question is in the situation I need to sculpt the dforce result, how to import it back without have to deal with the problem?
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICI@Imago
non tutti gli FBX... devi sempre aggiustare i joint per farli leggere a DAZ.
Modificare i joint manualmente è il meno... sempre meglio che riggarli da 0 che fai casino con le weightmaps.
Inoltre DAZ ha un problema con le diramazioni: quando un joint ha due o più figli, se gli dai Align il joint si orienta sempre con la coda al centro tra i suoi figli--> questa cosa non va sempre bene per cui occhio.
Se vuoi ti consiglio di fare questo test:- prendere un G9 ed esportarlo da DAZ in FBX,
- importarlo in un programma di editing (Blender, Maya, Hexagon, ecc..)
- riesportarlo in FBX dal programma di editing
- Importarlo in DAZ
Se la figura si vede corretta, non hai settaggi di import/export sbagliati. Se invece la figura all'import esplode hai qualche problema nei settaggi di import/export.
Se il G9 si vede OK in DAZ allora puoi prendere l'FBX e studiarti come sono i joint (vediti e annotati le proprietà di ogni singolo).[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 3 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]Silent Winter said:
Metadata as in Smart Content? because my Smart Content pane appears to be not working (probably because I install manually and move most things to different locations.
I tried moving a hair duf file to it's default install location, but same result.
I've had a thought - which DS version is this based in? I'm still running 4.20.xx as my main install - would updating to 4.22 help (or whateve the newest version is)?I've attached the log in case it's helpful.
4.20 should work. To see what metadata the script is getting, bring up the Script IDE pane, paste the following (changing the file and path to one of your hairs, note the forward facing slashes) and execute:
var filename = 'D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Hair/OOT 2021-03 Hair/2021-03 Hair Genesis 8 Female.duf';print(App.getAssetMgr().getTypeForContentFile(filename))For the conformer, can you show a screenshot of the interface showing the item you are trying to execute?
[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 3 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]Metadata as in Smart Content? because my Smart Content pane appears to be not working (probably because I install manually and move most things to different locations.
I tried moving a hair duf file to it's default install location, but same result.
I've had a thought - which DS version is this based in? I'm still running 4.20.xx as my main install - would updating to 4.22 help (or whateve the newest version is)?I've attached the log in case it's helpful.
Blender 4.0 obj import/export.Pickle Renderer said:
crosswind said:
Here's a short video for your ref.: https://mega.nz/file/WSpyECoI#BCtScFl9_iorVjFZZ5cLgKkDJ0Ti_iFXb2Us3kJyMmA
OK that was useful, thanks. First thing I noticed was you have "Spltit By Object" checked on import to Blender, so that's different to what I was doing. Secondly I noticed if I don't change the geometry at all, Daz will skip the node on import as there's nothing to do (I think Richard mentioned that above), so I did a little sculpting. Thirdly you uncheck UV Cords and Normals on export from Blender. I did that too, though I'm pretty sure that won't make any difference on import. I'm almost certain "Spltit By Object" is the culprit.
Thanks.
You're welcome ~
Yes, that's right, no delta, no import with MLP....
As for "Split by Object", actually it won't matter if you only export a single Genesis figure (or a single object) from DS... This option is used for the case of exporting multiple figures / objects...
For instance, if you export a G8F and a G9 together by checking the option "Write Separate Objects" in OBJ Export dialogue from DS, then when importing OBJ in Blender, if you tick "Split by Object", G8F and G9 will be imported as two separate objects... If you leave it as unchecked, G8F and G9 will be imported as a single object with geometry merged.
Aniblocks and Animations Export - DazToBlender Bridgehabibsoufi said:
benniewoodell said:
Check out the diffeomorphic plug-in, you can import animated sequences in as a pose preset. Just have to go to poses and then import action, have your animation saved as a pose preset and it'll be brought in. And there's sliders for viseme and expressions in diffeomorphic as well. Right now facial expressions do not transfer over, but in another thread it was mentioned Thomas is working on that right now, so hopefully soon. The materials have some differences between Daz to Blender Bridge and Diffeomorphic, if you prefer the DTB Bridge, just save the character as it's own file, bring it in with diffeomorphic and then append the materials from the other file and just switch the materials out. That's still way faster than importing pose by pose. For me it's really hit or miss, some characters look fantastic in diffeo and meh in DTB and vice versa, so it's just a matter of playing around with it.
A whole freaking day I was looking for a solution to this with no success until I found this, thank you sir.
You are very welcome, glad I could help!
Blender 4.0 obj import/export.crosswind said:
Here's a short video for your ref.: https://mega.nz/file/WSpyECoI#BCtScFl9_iorVjFZZ5cLgKkDJ0Ti_iFXb2Us3kJyMmA
OK that was useful, thanks. First thing I noticed was you have "Spltit By Object" checked on import to Blender, so that's different to what I was doing. Secondly I noticed if I don't change the geometry at all, Daz will skip the node on import as there's nothing to do (I think Richard mentioned that above), so I did a little sculpting. Thirdly you uncheck UV Cords and Normals on export from Blender. I did that too, though I'm pretty sure that won't make any difference on import. I'm almost certain "Spltit By Object" is the culprit.
Thanks.
Is it normal for it to be this frustrating?SilverGirl said:
Ninefold said:
To answer your broader question ... yeah, it kind of is normal. My experience is that if you go into your asset library (this is true of any asset library, for any software) just wanting to experiment with what looks nice together and see what happens, you can have a very chill time. If you go in with an idea already in your head, you're likely to run up against the limitations of your library quickly. You'll come up with ideas all the time that are outside the use cases the creators of your assets anticipated, or for which no asset exists. (And trying to instantiate a specific character who already looks a specific way in your head is one of the most challenging things to accomplish in D|S.) As you gain experience, you will probably also get more ambitious and discover new problems that are similarly frustrating but more niche.
I'm not saying this to discourage you! I hope you'll find it easier to NOT get discouraged if you know that other people are in the trenches with you, pulling their hair out just like you are. It does help to be the kind of person who likes puzzles, though.
Actually, this helps a lot, thank you. I knew there would be some fiddling necessary to get a custom look, and I'm totally willing to put in the work because I've wanted this for YEARS and finally seeing my characters looking back at me is an incredible joy. (And of course I would start on "one of the most challenging things" mode... seems to be how I get into every art form I've tried.) But I'm also a "Photoshop still intimidates the hell out of me" level of rookie, and my art time comes in snatches between being a full-time caregiver to my son who is autistic. So the limits of the software, my knowledge, and my patience seem to be one of those "if a train leaves Cleveland..." math problems. It's nice to know other people are also fighting through their own difficulties and not that I'm just terminally inept. Folks on the forums have been so kind, helpful, and patient, and wow I can't thank everyone enouh. I look forward to the day when I can read posts like the ones I'm making now and be like "hey, I remember cussing at my computer over that!" and pay it forward. :)
I found a good way to try to find ideas for things is to do exactly what was mentioned above, chill out and go through your inventory. Only instead of looking for specific things to do something very specific with, I approach it with a blank canvas in mind to see what I can combine together to make something hopefully unique. I noticed you said you're still leery of photoshop, if you haven't bought into a subscription to Adobe yet I would suggest having a look at Gimp first, it's open source and free. :) The learning curve for it is probably slightly harder though. Being able to retexture things really makes a difference when coming up with ideas for stuff to render, as I'll just retexture environments, items, or clothes to suit my needs.
Oh and mastering the use of simple primitives can make a scene otherwise impossible to complete able to be completed. A quick example could be something like needing a wall, or needing an something to bridge a gap between two items, etc. Primitives are great.
I think I started using Daz around the same time as you, November(ish), and I had a really horrible time starting out too. Very frustrating. While I didn't have any experience with art or rendering, or any applications associated with it, I wasn't a stranger to mesh and putting meshes on actors/models. So I at least came in knowing there would be issues with clipping, that parenting or linking objects/meshes together would be required at times, etc etc. But still I've gotten fairly frustrated with it all also, so I can relate to that. It gets easier as long as you stick with it. :) Given my background in IT I think sometime by around week two or three with Daz I was already disecting Postgres and Daz's metadata files to fix broken things.
What's been really helpful is the community, just asking questions here when I hit a dead end on a problem somewhere. If the community didn't know, after some time I usually figured out the answer on my own through excessive searching lol. If you're having trouble searching the forums, search on Google (or your favorite search engine), instead and it'll find the posts on these forums.
Try to spend some time with Daz everyday. :)
Blender 4.0 obj import/export.That's odd... Which items did you have checked on the import and export dialogs? There's something basic I'm missing here...
Blender 4.0 obj import/export.If the vertex order has changed then the apparent vertex positions will have changed, so it will generate deltas on loading as a morph even though nothing was actually moved.
As for scaling, that will depend on the scale on export from DS - OBJ doesn't havea set size, so as long as it isn't scaled in Blender the only requirement is that export from and import to DS use matching settings.
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICIKainjy said:
@Crios So che hanno fatto delle modifiche al plugin.. ma penso per supportare le ultime versioni di FBX (ne esce una ogni 2 anni quasi). Infatti se importi un FBX Daz ti riconosce la versione di FBX (in alto nella finestra di import)
Quindi adesso si può importare un FBX senza che questo si spatafasci per tutta la scena e senza dover conseguire un triplo dottorato al MIT?
Blender 4.0 obj import/export.If so, that is wrong... even if there may be no distortion, there'll be a wrong Scale after importing OBJ with MLP...
I don't know how your issue came from... or maybe you can double check if you dialed the right property / morph in the right path... because if you did nothing in between step 5 and 6 as you described..., you should have no way to import OBJ back to G8F as there's no delta change in terms of geometry... or if you did sculpt sth.. then you should have got wrong scale after import rather than a distortion. So "the issue" looks pretty odd to me....
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICI@Crios So che hanno fatto delle modifiche al plugin.. ma penso per supportare le ultime versioni di FBX (ne esce una ogni 2 anni quasi). Infatti se importi un FBX Daz ti riconosce la versione di FBX (in alto nella finestra di import)[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 3 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]Silent Winter said:
I too picked this up ... but I'm having an issue where it doesn't want to recognise any of the hairs. Does this script like the hairs to be in the default locations (I tend to put all my hair under a general 'Hair' folder (G1/G2/G3/G8/G9 hairs all under one main folder rather than their respective figure folders)?
The log just says "Skipping..." for any G3M/F hair I add. I even tried adding my whole hair directory and it skipped everything.
Is the metadata correct for the hair? When adding a directory, it uses the metadata to see that it is correct. If that is not correct, there is a bug where it trying to use the wrong default. In that case, it looks for stuff to be in the correct "Genesis 3 Female/Hair" directory.
If I stop it checking the file type, I can get it to add the file but on execution/convert/force-convert, the log says "No conformer assigned" (I've tried checking just one conformer or multiple in that tab).
Log extract:
19:18:42 GMT+0930 (AUS Central Standard Time): No Conformer assigned. Skipping Preset: D:/3D Runtimes/Content/Hair/Agent Hair G3M/Agent Hair Male.duf
19:18:42 GMT+0930 (AUS Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.
It's possible I just installed it wrong (it's in the default location for Content\Scripts\Riversoft Art\Hair Converter). I followed the steps in the manual with having just blank G9 loaded in the scene. Any help appreciated.
Edit: On a related note - I have your G8 to G9 clothing converter with a similar UI and that works as expected.
For the conformer, I would need to see the log. Thanks.











