• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • I Forgot What My Complaint Was - Complaint Thread

    Three guesses as to what's significant about today.indecision

    Nation hug a walrus day?

    Genghis Khan’s Birthday?

    Garbage day... I forgot to put mine out last night and the truck came early...

    Edited to add... I seriously have no idea... but I just noticed the grim face emoji...

    So I hope my reply wasn’t offensive...

     

    I didn't know about Hug A Walrus Day.  surprise  How long has that been a thing?  Do they reciprocate?  Sounds kinky. devil

    The indecision icon is labeled as "indecision" but I use it as a "meh" or "noncommittal" or "neutral" indication.  Why do people predict that emoticons are the language of the future?  Can you imagine the dictionary alternative meanings lists? frown

    And perhaps it is Genghis Khan's birthday but I didn't get him anything. cheeky

    And yes, it's garbage day here too, but I have to take my garbage to the transfer station myself.  It's one of the penalties for living in the boondocks.indecision

    But, one of the significances of today is that it is "8 months to Christmas"indecision.  (My aunt would say that on every 25th of every month, counting down the months.  It was just a thing with her and I almost miss it these days now that she's gone.sad)

    By

    LeatherGryphon LeatherGryphon April 2019 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    A work in progress. V4 morph. Anyone recognize her?

     

     

     

    By

    shadowz_2946926 shadowz_2946926 April 2019 in The Commons
  • Tika 8 - thoughts
    Why?

    There is nothing new or unique here. Typical Thorne doll. There is no HD. There is no gen mat. The bundled items seem to be totally random. The ballcap hair is kind of neat, but makes no sense with a fairy themed character. There are mildly scifi outfits mixed in. A long hair that could be any long hair.

    I don't shop for discounts...I shop for content. The content needs to win me over more than the discount does. I am past that stage. The content here just isn't exciting to me. And I like cute things!

    Tika is kind of cute of cute, but like I said, not remotely new. Someone said that G8 actually lacks these characters...what? There are morph sets for the precise purpose of turning ANY character into a character like this. Any character! And that is on top of the fairy style characters we already have. I once did a count and found that fairy like characters were more represented in the Daz Original 8 lineup than actual real minorities. That number may have changed a bit after Mr Woo and Mrs Choo, but fairies are still very well represented. There has also been a large variety of non DO characters in this genre. There was a Thorne doll released just a couple weeks ago. How is Genesis 8 lacking these types of characters?

    Not only that, but Anakku has a lot more options than Tika does. Anakku has a more unique look and a Pacific Islander vibe going on...something that is genuinely under represented at Daz. If we must do Thorne characters for Daz Originals, why couldn't Anakku have been chosen for that instead of Tika?

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 April 2019 in The Commons
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    Thank you Bunyip,

    It looks very impressive. I have 2 questions:

    • How is Carrara responding with a level 3 subdivision?
    • Have you tried to pose it? The test I did were OK, but I didn't have a figure so detailled and I'm curious how the HD morph is reacting?

     

    Another trial - Orc HD for Genesis 8 Male - https://www.daz3d.com/orc-hd-for-genesis-8-male

     

    By

    Philemo_Carrara Philemo_Carrara April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-April 2019-"April Showers Bring...." -Main Thread Only

    Phew, finally got mine done!

    April showers... sometimes turn into April downpours!

    Flowers Love the Rain

    You never know when you might get caught in an April downpour, but at least the flowers enjoy it!

    Freebies:

    Daisy - https://sharecg.com/v/91005/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/Daisy-for-G3F

    Sideswept Rose Hair (with Wet morph)- https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-1/79533, https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-2/79534, and https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-update/79641

    G3F Skirt and Jumper - https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=406

    High Heels - http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php/free-poses/daz-clothes/203-free-shoes-for-daz-genesis-3-females

    Channel Bangle - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/channel-bangle-for-genesis-3-female-iray-only-/77235

    Gem Bangle - https://sharecg.com/v/87009/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Gem-Bangles-for-G3F

    Sexy Pose 05  - https://www.zed3d.com/shop/sexy-pose-05-genesis-3-female-g3f/

    Erock Grass System - https://erock3d.com/download/erock3d-free-grass-system/

    Erock Dandelions - https://erock3d.com/download/dandelion-flower-set/

    Erock Small Grass Flowers - https://erock3d.com/download/small-grass-flower/

    Poppy - http://www.fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm (#158-ish?)

    Strawberry Plant - http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html (last row)

    Umbrella - http://www.fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm (#233-ish?)

    Skydome and Lights (Made from the files and instructions in this tutorial) - https://www.sharecg.com/v/60195/favorite/3/PDF-Tutorial/Simple-Sunshine-SkySphere-a-DAZStudio4-Tutorial

     

    No Count:

    Crocus (used to be free when I got it, now paid) - https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-crocus-flowers-plant-3d-model/582882 

     

    Paid:

    Treescapes Background - https://www.daz3d.com/treescapes-backdrops

    Iray to 3Delight Character Converter - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=124690

    Convert It! Iray to 3Delight - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=124773

    Heavy Rain - https://www.daz3d.com/heavy-rain-for-3delight-and-iray

    I tweaked a few materials and the pose and edited lights a little.  All done within Daz Studio. No post work except for the watermark.

    All Links Check Out Plz Post To Entries Thread

    By

    Saphirewild Saphirewild April 2019 in Freebies
  • Tika 8 - thoughts

    This is one of the worst looking releases for a long time. Her morph is generic, the skin is horrible... there are other options that are far superior. 

    I guess I’ll wait for the next release...

    By

    The Diigitals The Diigitals April 2019 in The Commons
  • Converting Jacket OBJ to clothing

     What exactly would be the correct method to take a jacket OBJ file in an A pose and bring it into DAZ
     and fit it to a G3 character? 

    Hi I am not trying to be flippant, however as a Daz genesis clothing developer myself
     ,I would strongly advise that the "correct method"would be to export your intended base model
    to a modeling program as an .obj file in its DEFAULT pose and  Force fit  your  jacket to fit  closely around that base shape
    in the modeling program.cool

    Any method ,other than this ,and the transfer utility will fight you at every turn as it was designed 
    based on the assumption that are are creating  your clothing to the base pose at a minimum.

    Now yes ...it has options to let you rig to custom shapes such as a really fat or muscled up base character 
    but in my experience they really...really  should be in their default pose for a predictable result
    with the Daz Studio TU.

    By

    wolf359 wolf359 April 2019 in The Commons
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    Beta version of the HD Morph plugin is now available for testing in the CTS projet file repository. At this stage, it's only for Windows. I plan to work on the OSX version next week.

    Here is a short tutorial on how to import Hd details from Studio into Carrara:

    1. Load your figure in Studio
    2. In the parameter tab, set the subdivision level to a value compatible with the hd setting (AFAIK 2 is the most common).
      Set subdivision level in Studio
    3. Export figure in obj format with Carrara preset.
      Export from Studio to Carrara
    4. In Carrara, import the obj. Make sure to untick "AutoPosition" and tick "Disable auto scaling" and set "obj unit equal to" 1
      Import in Carrara
    5. load the figure in Carrara. If it's a conforming cloth, DO NOT conform it yet.
      Load figure in Carrara Both meshes are loaded
    6. On the actor level of the figure, make sure BOTH modeling and rendering levels are set to the same value set in step 2
      Set levels in Carrara
    7. Still on the actor object, go to the "modifier" tab and choose "HD Morph"
      Choose modifier
    8. Click on "choose target"
      Click on choose target
    9. in the window that appears, choose your imported object
      Choose object
    10. You're done, HD morphs are added
      Done!!
    11. You can now delete the imported obj mesh, as it's not needed anymore.

    Tomorrow, I'll try to setup another tutorial on how to create your very own hd morph straight in Carrara.

     

    By

    Philemo_Carrara Philemo_Carrara April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

    Which morph is that one?

    By

    TheCastellan TheCastellan April 2019 in The Commons
  • Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

    Another new one.

    Which morph is that?

     

    And where do I find it? o.o

    By

    TheCastellan TheCastellan April 2019 in The Commons
  • How To Restore Daz Studio Product Library When You Format Your PC?

    before format, RAR your library and copy to out place
    in  new install, decompress libray and re import metadata
    for "non" metadata product, it need to copy your "user data"
    show on this faq https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/990669/#Comment_990669

    How does the metadata part work?

    In particular, I'm very interested in converted clothes/hair/poses and freebies metadata!!!

    Is this user data a kind of metadata?

    The best way is to have 2 more seperate HD, one for your installed content, and one for the archives in case you lose the HD with the installed stuff IMO. Then when you need to reinstall OS, you just point daz back to the untouched HD with the content installed. Keeping C just for OS and programs, and using other HD for other stuff has served me well over the years. I got 6 HD, one for all my art stuff, one for backups and archives of all my art stuff, one for media like audiobooks music movies etc, one for games, one for scratchdisk/ramdisk, and one for OS.

    And does the metadata remain untouched this way? I always use Smart Content!

    Nowadays I'm using my primary NVME SSD (I can't stand HDD loading time in Daz), but I'll buy a dedicated SSD sooner or later.

    when you use the feature "RE IMPORT METADATA"
    daz read all files .DSX in the > runtime/support/ ,,,, on all installed libraries
    and create a "database" in the main path installed of Daz 3D 
    user data is some manualy change in smart content apply by the user,
    usefull for search in "content library" 
    as example in user data changes, in some clothes (non metadata) i use a "TAG" search input "FX"
    i use it to classify some clothes with exptended morph
     

    Thank you, I want to try this out! :D

    By

    LenioTG LenioTG April 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Tika 8 - thoughts

    Almost entirely missable for me. Without knowing she was supposed to be a new base character, I would assumed she was a Teen Josie morph or the like.

    I'm also not sure why you'd choose to name base characters only one letter apart, which has quite a lot of potential for confusion.

    I seriously despise these knapsack puzzle sale perks.

    That's a good way of phrasing it. Between the samey character and the annoying cheaty deal that seems a deliberate ploy to force you to not get your money's worth (and I'm far too busy this week to try to play that game), she's a "maybe just the base character if she's on heavy discount in a few months".

    By

    Matt_Castle Matt_Castle April 2019 in The Commons
  • Tika 8 - thoughts

    just an ordinary morph

    By

    cimenroller2 cimenroller2 April 2019 in The Commons
  • Morphing Super Guitar - (Commercial)

    Introducing the Morphing Super Guitar. This is a complete guitar and amp set that I hope will offer you music fanatics a guitar in a class of it's own for your artwork. It has the popular string morph system, but with the new pickup and tailpieces "swap-outs". I gave this Guitar a just as cool Amplifier, Cabinet and pedal set to give you just that bit more to have fun with. And yes... those Wah and Fuzz pedals are rigged and fully poseable. Looks great beside the "Wurlie-T"...

    The attached .pdf Quick Guide should give you some helpful info on the set.

    Enjoy:)

    Td3d

    By

    Td3d Td3d April 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Tika 8 - thoughts

    Since the other thread has an "error" in the title, here's one that's more about what is good or otherwise about the new character.  

    Personally, I like the look of her but she's got that generic "Thorne" look again that I suspect I could duplicate with a few minutes and any other Thorne character.  Her Pro Bundle seems to be kind of a random mix. I do like the baseball cap hair, though I already have one from OOT, and the Jyune morph from SIlver is quite nice.  The rest... nothing grabs me.  The "Free content", on the other hand, feels like an out and out cheat since it's almost impossible to get anything current without either leaving a lot of money on the table or paying as much extra as a lot of this stuff sells for normally.  I mean, those I13 sets have all been selling for two bucks for months now and for this offer they count as $11+..?. I'll pick her up eventually, but I'm not going to be in any hurry, even though I've got a Purple bar offer.  Just really getting tired of the DAZ marketing Bait and Switch game...   

    By

    Cybersox Cybersox April 2019 in The Commons
  • Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

    Using Hiro 5 in tandem with the Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 2, I ended up accidentally making anime David Tennant.

     

    By

    vrba79 vrba79 April 2019 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 8 Babies

    I'm still trying to split the head and body. The only thing that's worked at all so far is BenAlive's tutorial with the Dev kit head dformer. Even then, I'm still trying to get the right size to make the morphs at because the babies are scaled and even when scaled up to 100% they are not as tall as the Genesis figure they're morphing, so I had to go a little bigger. Still adjusting. In the end still not sure if it's going to work.

    Laurie

    I don't have Baby 8, so I can not try this myself, but one option that might work would be to dial the baby in at 100%, then set the figure scale back to 100%, and export the obj at base level. Then load this morph with Morph Loader Pro. Then use X-Morphs on this morph. You are best to only create a head only morph, as any body only morph will not trigger all the JCM to help with the bending, but with a head only morph, you can dial this in at -100% to get a body only morph.

     

     

    By

    Havos Havos April 2019 in The Commons
  • How To Restore Daz Studio Product Library When You Format Your PC?

    before format, RAR your library and copy to out place
    in  new install, decompress libray and re import metadata
    for "non" metadata product, it need to copy your "user data"
    show on this faq https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/990669/#Comment_990669

    How does the metadata part work?

    In particular, I'm very interested in converted clothes/hair/poses and freebies metadata!!!

    Is this user data a kind of metadata?

    The best way is to have 2 more seperate HD, one for your installed content, and one for the archives in case you lose the HD with the installed stuff IMO. Then when you need to reinstall OS, you just point daz back to the untouched HD with the content installed. Keeping C just for OS and programs, and using other HD for other stuff has served me well over the years. I got 6 HD, one for all my art stuff, one for backups and archives of all my art stuff, one for media like audiobooks music movies etc, one for games, one for scratchdisk/ramdisk, and one for OS.

    And does the metadata remain untouched this way? I always use Smart Content!

    Nowadays I'm using my primary NVME SSD (I can't stand HDD loading time in Daz), but I'll buy a dedicated SSD sooner or later.

    when you use the feature "RE IMPORT METADATA"
    daz read all files .DSX in the > runtime/support/ ,,,, on all installed libraries
    and create a "database" in the main path installed of Daz 3D 
    user data is some manualy change in smart content apply by the user,
    usefull for search in "content library" 
    as example in user data changes, in some clothes (non metadata) i use a "TAG" search input "FX"
    i use it to classify some clothes with exptended morph
     

    By

    cm152335 cm152335 April 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Converting Jacket OBJ to clothing

    Richard, do you have any idea why part of the sides of the jacket would have been included in the sleeve face group when using the transfer utility?

    The Transfer Utility goes by what is closest, as far as I know, so if the fabric is away from the chest it may have been picked up by the arms when the weights were projected. As felis says you can edit the weight maps.

    Tools>Node Weight Map Brush, you will also probably want the Geometry Editor tool to target your edits.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2019 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8 Babies

    Tobyn 30% + custom morph.

    Wow! Very nice. Looks like he stepped of the set of Lord of the Rings...

    By

    firewarden firewarden April 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.