-
Store nudity?
I think they really need to look into using larger thumbnails now that higher resolution displays are becoming more common. It's really hard to see what the thumbnail is on my 4k screens*I don't recall seing female elements thenNo, Victoria 4 and earlier just had a Genital Crease morph in the body morphs pack. The male anatomical elements were also in the respective body morphs pack.
... the thumnails were about twice the size of the current ones.
Thumbnail size hasn't changed, that I can recall - daz has used the 91 pixel size of official Poser thumbnails, even though larger are actually possible.
Store nudity?*I don't recall seing female elements thenNo, Victoria 4 and earlier just had a Genital Crease morph in the body morphs pack. The male anatomical elements were also in the respective body morphs pack.
... the thumnails were about twice the size of the current ones.
Thumbnail size hasn't changed, that I can recall - daz has used the 91 pixel size of official Poser thumbnails, even though larger are actually possible.
Innis for Genesis 8 Male [commercial]Innis
https://www.daz3d.com/innis-for-genesis-8-male
There is something in the water. That is what they say around some coastal seaside towns. Something that causes a particular sinister looking mutation to the people of that area. Is it the toxins or something else entirely that gives them their eerie fish like appearance.
Innis has this classic look, with his large watery eyes and mouth, his skin also has a translucency akin to many sea creatures. He can become a mutant, a thug an alien or whatever creepy character you need for your renders.
The set comes complete with custom crafted High Definition Morphs, and Highly detailed Textures for the utmost realism.
- Product Includes
- One Innis Character Preset
- One Innis Full Body HD Morph
- One Innis Shaping Preset
- Two Innis Full Body Material Preset including anatomical elements
- Five Eye Material Presets
- Includes both Iray and 3Delight Material Presets


dforce and Displacement Maps QuestionI am trying to layer some clothing and the garment on collision layer 1 uses a dispalcement and is a static dforce surface. I simulate the the drape for gament 2 on collision layer 2. and t looks OK until I render it. Then the displacement map is applied and parts of layer 1 are outside of layer 2.
Anyone have ideas on approaches? I thought it would be a simple thing to bake the displacement into the mesh, but after reading, discussions here, it seems that was very complicated, or at least at the time of the discussion I was reading. Is there a way to get dforce to consider displacement? Is there a way to create a morph from the displaced mesh garment prior to the dforce sim?
dlm
Too much displacement. Lower the amount.
Consider what displacement does. It moves the geometry, which means it can move it through other items; hence the 'lower the amount'.
Personally, I would try lowering the amount, or paint over the parts that shouldn't be there (or perhaps both) - whichever looks best and takes the least amount of time.
The idea, isn't to get a perfect render - but to get a perfect (or at least one we're happy with) finished image: the how is pretty much irrelevant.
dforce and Displacement Maps QuestionTake this with a pinch of salt, as I'm not a complete expert, but displacement is applied at the HD/SubD level at the rendering stage, and regular users don't have access to manipulate HD morphs in order to convert that to something at the simulation stage.
Your three real options are:
- paint out any parts of Level 1's displacement maps that should be hidden,
- adjust the displacement surface settings so that it only (or mostly only) projects in one direction (in this case, in, but out might be appropriate in other cases)
- apply some form of expand morph to Layer 1 for the simulation (which you can then dial out again for the render) in order to offset Layer 2's simulation enough that the two aren't clipping.Unfortunately, displacement is always a bit of a nuisance when it comes to clipping.
dforce and Displacement Maps QuestionIf you have fit control, or possibly some other morph package, you can apply and expand the clothing. Have you checked the item morphs to see if there is possibly an expand all slider?
dforce and Displacement Maps QuestionI am trying to layer some clothing and the garment on collision layer 1 uses a dispalcement and is a static dforce surface. I simulate the the drape for gament 2 on collision layer 2. and t looks OK until I render it. Then the displacement map is applied and parts of layer 1 are outside of layer 2.
Anyone have ideas on approaches? I thought it would be a simple thing to bake the displacement into the mesh, but after reading, discussions here, it seems that was very complicated, or at least at the time of the discussion I was reading. Is there a way to get dforce to consider displacement? Is there a way to create a morph from the displaced mesh garment prior to the dforce sim?
dlm
Morph and Expression Installation ProblemGood afternoon,
I'm having an issue getting several morphs and expressions to install. I've attached some screenshots of what I'm seeing. I've also attempted to uninstall and then reinstall using DIM, but the issue remains the same - these items apparently don't install. Or, to be precise, DIM says they're installed but Daz Studio doesn't seem to think so. In the end, I can't tell if they are or not. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Bob
Morph Export To Blender 2.79I don't have the character you are using, and I have migrated to 2.80 now, but I can confirm that I don't see the same issue when importing a G8F with a character morph applied from FBX file, and the imported figure reflects the shape of the character morph.
I suggest you try using Blender 2.80 beta (the full release is not far away now, I believe). If the same issue occurs, narrowing down which morph or morphs is causing the error would help. Can you import G8F with no morphs? How about a G8F with just the EJ Yuno morph applied and no other morphs? If that works, add other morphs one at a time, and export/import each time until you find the morph or morphs that cause the problem. At least if it's just one or two morphs you could exclude them as a workaround, and identifying the problem morphs would make a better bug report for Blender if that becomes necessary.
Victoria is Free for her BirthdayDidn't know that Victoria 4 had so much of a masculine side
M4 was released almost 2 years after V4. In the mean time Daz created a male morph for V4, included with V4.2 base.
Morph Export To Blender 2.79Hi, i tried to export some morphs of EJ Yuno Pack to Blender 2.79 in fbx format but nothing, when i import it i get the character without morph and some errors.
I also attached the system info from Blender.
This is the log from Blender:
Read prefs: C:\Users\akiza\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\python
RetopoFlow Options path: C:\Users\akiza\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\retopoflow-master\RetopoFlow_options.json
RetopoFlow Options path: C:\Users\akiza\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\retopoflow-master\retopoflow-master_updater\backup\RetopoFlow_options.json
Caught exception while attempting to search for classes
cls: RFTool: RFTool_Contours, RFTool_Strokes, RFTool_Stretch, RFTool_PolyPen, RFTool_Relax, RFTool_Tweak, RFTool_Stretch, RFTool_PolyStrips, RFTool_Patches, RFTool_Loops
pyfile: tools.watch_profile
No module named 'Levenshtein'
Caught exception while attempting to search for classes
cls: RFTool
pyfile: retopoflow-master_updater.backup.tools.watch_profile
No module named 'Levenshtein'
Caught exception while attempting to search for classes
cls: RFTool: RFTool_Contours, RFTool_Tweak, RFTool_Stretch, RFTool_PolyPen, RFTool_Stretch, RFTool_Patches, RFTool_PolyStrips, RFTool_Loops, RFTool_Relax, RFTool_Strokes
pyfile: tools.watch_profile
No module named 'Levenshtein'
RetopoFlow updater verbose is enabled
RetopoFlow Updater: Read in json settings from file
Imported multifiles
xps_tools updater verbose is enabled
xps_tools Updater: Read in json settings from file
Loading DAZ
DAZ loaded
Load settings from C:\Users\akiza/import-daz-settings.txt
Cannot set DazMorphCatsContent to
Cannot set DazPoseCatsContent to
Load settings from C:\Users\akiza/import-daz-settings.txt
Scale 0.009999999776482582Loading C:\Users\akiza\Desktop\Test.duf
Parsing data
Fitting objects with .json file...
Preprocessing...
Building objects...
Dependency loop: lToe lMetatarsals
Dependency loop: rToe rMetatarsals
Postprocessing...
Grouping Test
File C:\Users\akiza\Desktop\Test.duf loaded in 1.732 seconds
Scale 0.009999999776482582Loading C:\Users\akiza\Desktop\Test2.duf
Parsing data
Fitting objects with .json file...
Preprocessing...
Building objects...
Dependency loop: lToe lMetatarsals
Dependency loop: rToe rMetatarsals
Postprocessing...
Grouping Test2
File C:\Users\akiza\Desktop\Test2.duf loaded in 1.451 seconds
FBX Import: start importing C:\Users\akiza\Desktop\Female.fbx
FBX version: 7400
FBX import: Prepare...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Templates...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Nodes...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Connections...
Done (0.015625 sec)FBX import: Meshes...
Done (0.234375 sec)FBX import: Materials & Textures...
Done (0.953125 sec)FBX import: Cameras & Lamps...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Objects & Armatures...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\__init__.py", line 234, in execute
return import_fbx.load(self, context, **keywords)
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2701, in load
_(); del _
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2698, in _
root_helper.link_hierarchy(fbx_tmpl, settings, scene)
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2195, in link_hierarchy
child.link_hierarchy(fbx_tmpl, settings, scene)
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2151, in link_hierarchy
(mmat, amat) = mesh.armature_setup[self]
KeyError: Genesis8Female
location: <unknown location>:-1location: <unknown location>:-1
FBX Import: start importing C:\Users\akiza\Desktop\Female.fbx
FBX version: 7400
FBX import: Prepare...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Templates...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Nodes...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Connections...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Meshes...
Done (0.250000 sec)FBX import: Materials & Textures...
Done (0.921875 sec)FBX import: Cameras & Lamps...
Done (0.000000 sec)FBX import: Objects & Armatures...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\__init__.py", line 234, in execute
return import_fbx.load(self, context, **keywords)
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2701, in load
_(); del _
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2698, in _
root_helper.link_hierarchy(fbx_tmpl, settings, scene)
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2195, in link_hierarchy
child.link_hierarchy(fbx_tmpl, settings, scene)
File "E:\ProgrammiSSD\Blender3d\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py", line 2151, in link_hierarchy
(mmat, amat) = mesh.armature_setup[self]
KeyError: Genesis8Female
location: <unknown location>:-1location: <unknown location>:-1
I also attached the system info from Blender.
Inside Daz i was checked the morph and i added some rules like: Chest, chest, CTRL_Head etc.. I only have EJ Yuno bundle and Victoria 8 character without Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs but i have the SY 200 morph. Thanks in advance.
Question about Leony HD for G8F. [Solved]
The micro pressure morphs are only listed on the outfit's product page, NOT the character model. People looking up the character have no reason to look up the outfit, and thus would never see this. Like for me, I have zero interest in the outfit and would look that up. Instead, it looks funky. The real question here is why is the outfit morph still present when she is not wearing the outfit?Description is pretty clear. It is a feature that has been requested by many users..
Kala 8 is here!Finally got a Kala 8 render done. This is her back-converted to G3F, with a G8 outfit and textures back-converted to G3F, and a Victoria 4 hair with Backlit shaders on it. I cranked the "shoulder scale" morph up to 10% to offset the size of the head.
Question about Leony HD for G8F. [Solved]Has to be a clothing morph as I dont see it after loading the character. Good deal. Always liked the character but was put off by the morph. Shouldve been removed for the promo shots.
Question about Leony HD for G8F. [Solved]Yah, I shouldve looked up the outfit details, https://www.daz3d.com/leony-outfit-for-genesis-8-females . Appears it may be a micro-preasure morph. Think ill purchase her and then report back after ive checked it out.
Question about Leony HD for G8F. [Solved]Given its location I think you answered your own question, it is likely a morph associated with the halter top.
Question about Leony HD for G8F. [Solved]I know this has been asked before but I couldnt find the post. Im thinking about purchasing https://www.daz3d.com/leony-hd-for-victoria-8 but there is a strange detail on her that im wondering about. In the 5th, 6th and 7th promo shots, you can see an indentation just below her rib cage that seems to circle her entire body. Is this just a clothing morph that hasnt been dialed out? I noticed she has an outfit specifically made for her so I was thinking an hd detail that is added with the clothing perhaps?
Handling of zipper open morphHow do you handle, or suggest to handle, a morph for opening a zipper?
The problem as I see it, is that when you morph the cloth and the zipper/zipperhead in default position everything is good,
But when you then apply a character or a pose, the zipper will open as expected, but the zipperhead will move relatively to its starting position, and therefore get lost compared to the zipper.
And to add to the problem; what if you wanted to dforce it?
In general you seems to need some polylines to keep the clothing closed.
And instead of a morph, you migth select a number of steps (open1, open2, etc).
Then for each step you must remove the relevant number of polylines as well as change the rigid follow node that matches the new position for the zipperhead.
But I don't know if that even can be done.
Are you aware of any solutions to this?
Papilla mammae "off" relating to meshThere are some textures (mostly really well done otherwise) where the nipples are off relating to the mesh morph.
And I'm not talking about stuff used with V4 for G2F or other UVs for other generations, I'm talking about textures and their native UV set.
And this isn't really a question, more some kind of rant
, but if someone has an explanation....Copying Daz tan appearance in GIMPI am not aware of any specific 'how to'.
There migth be some, but I am pretty sure that there isn't a standardized way.
I have tried a couple of times, and what I have done is basically taken the maps from the Iray shader as input to the Principled BSDF in blender, but there are some Iray settings I have no clue of how to handle. In my view the important ones are diffuse, specular, bump and normal, and cut-out if there is one.
And in your case, probably also diffuse overlay.
Thomas Larsson has made a script to transfer a scene duf file to blender called diffeomorphic, that is also discussed in another thread (I currently don't have a link to). I haven't tried it myself but people seems generally to be happy with it.









