• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Miscellaneous Hexagon Modeling

    @Kitsumo Thanks on the numbers, now I have to make the dartboard.

    Indeed how it goes witht the workflow... With the following evidence:

    ^__^

    Here is an experiment observing the simple geometric variation of apartment buildings.I think it is possible to create one model that could with the help of a preset morph. material combination generate the variety of low-poly houses and apartments in a neighborhood. I know somebody has already done this, no?

     

     

     

    By

    Rakuda Rakuda June 2019 in Hexagon Discussion
  • looking for female Sasquatch
    Well, now I have to ask - where is Bigfoot's big...anotomical element? It says it comes with that, but I don't see it in the, um, package!

    It comes with textures for it, not the part itself.

    If you apply the part from your library and then apply the textures, it should all be good

    the "anatomic elements" texture is just for "male" or you also make one for "female"??, this is something i noticed, you rarelly make "anatomical elements textures", specially for female.

     

    about the previous "gender topic", i'm also learning in try to fix this for myself, the "only one gender issue" after learn how to create some basic morphs, the only current issue is the fact which G3 and G8 male and female don't share the same "body UV", which means you can't use a female texture on a male or the oposite unlike G2 where they could use the same UV making easy to use the oposite texture on the other character, i did that for the reptilian G2 created my own female version and using the male textures, it work perfect, would be really good and awesome see you add at last a "female morph" to old male characters, the only issue would be lack of "female moprhs" like breast morphs but not really a big deal and better than nothing

     

    keep the awesome work.

    By

    Ellessarr Ellessarr June 2019 in The Commons
  • Bra less morph?

    I've always assumed that's what the "Breasts Natural" morph is for.

    Same here! there are a tons of morphs in the different morph packages avaliable that give your model saggy breasts

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns June 2019 in The Commons
  • Bra less morph?

    I've always assumed that's what the "Breasts Natural" morph is for.

    By

    chris-2599934 chris-2599934 June 2019 in The Commons
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICI

    Hai presente i Clones? Stesso funzionamento, grosso modo.
    In pratica si prende la Figura1, le si dà la forma della Figura2 in modo che i poligoni siano quanto più simili possibile e gliela si fa "indossare", poi si aggiunge alla figura 2 il morph che vuoi trasferire alla Figura1. Figura1, che ora si comporta come una tuta integrale, seguirà la forma di Figura2.

    Poi si esporta Figura1 con la nuova forma e si fa il Morph Loader Pro sul originale... Ed ecco trasferito il morph da una generazione all'altra!

    By

    Imago Imago June 2019 in The Commons
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICI

    Ma scusatemi, tecnicamente come fa un morph ad essere passato da una generazione ad un altra? sono differenti il numero di poligoni, di vertici, e cosi via. Non riesco a capire come possa funzionare.

    By

    Crios Crios June 2019 in The Commons
  • Bra less morph?

    Is there a morph to give G8F a bra-less look?  What I mean is a well endowed woman wearing clothes but not any bra support.  I know V4 had some morphs like that but does G8F have any?

    By

    Xyetzt Xyetzt June 2019 in The Commons
  • More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)

    Playing around with G2F. I've injected Hitomi for G1's head morph into the mix via GenX.

    Fantastic! The lighting has complimented the shading of skin for a believable npr style. Nice iris and pupils too.

    By

    Starlaw Starlaw June 2019 in Art Studio
  • Remote Future: Collision System

    It would be nice but, I think Daz studio would be better off with a 3D game engine to create quick and instant animations! I believe this because it is a pain rendering animations in Iray and 3delight too slow(this is why I purchased iclone 7 and the transfer software to get my figures into iclone 7). I would also beefup the OpenGL engine to have shadows and more options because that render engine is my go to render engine on my cheap laptop and it would open up more rendering options for Daz Studio and more customers. A true collison system would be like dforce simulation calculations and would slow everything down without a higher end computer and ram. Don't get me wrong on my workstation dforce and iray work great but not everyone can afford expensive hardware.

    Hardware is getting more powerful by the day, what we easily do today was unthinkable some years ago! :D

    By

    LenioTG LenioTG June 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Remote Future: Collision System

    It would be nice but, I think Daz studio would be better off with a 3D game engine to create quick and instant animations! I believe this because it is a pain rendering animations in Iray and 3delight too slow(this is why I purchased iclone 7 and the transfer software to get my figures into iclone 7). I would also beefup the OpenGL engine to have shadows and more options because that render engine is my go to render engine on my cheap laptop and it would open up more rendering options for Daz Studio and more customers. A true collison system would be like dforce simulation calculations and would slow everything down without a higher end computer and ram. Don't get me wrong on my workstation dforce and iray work great but not everyone can afford expensive hardware.

    By

    Silver Dolphin Silver Dolphin June 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • looking for female Sasquatch

    Glad you found your answer.

    I have routinely been asked for female versions of my characters, even though female beast characters really do not sell well in the market. So I will be attempting a compromise and am creating female morphs  for a few creatures that I base on G8 Male. It is a compromise in an attempt to fill that hole for female character.

     

    Thank you for this, Rawart. (For Sasquatch, and for providing the female morph!)

    By

    Gogger Gogger June 2019 in The Commons
  • More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)

    Playing around with G2F. I've injected Hitomi for G1's head morph into the mix via GenX.

    That looks very nice. You mastered your technique well.

     

    By

    Artini Artini June 2019 in Art Studio
  • Sasquatch for G8 Male [commercial]

    Sasquatch for Genesis 8 Male

    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sasquatch-for-genesis-8-male

    If you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise.

    Today is the day the Sasquatch have their picnic.

    Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, this primitive hairy brute has been spotted in many of the wooded and hidden areas around the world. Lurking at the fringe of human society, their howls can be heard in the night, though in the day there is nothing found but footprints.

    The set comes complete with custom crafted High Definition Morphs, and Highly detailed Textures for the utmost realism. This set uses Dforce hair for new levels of realism.

     

    • Product Includes
      • One Sasquatch Character Preset
      • One Dforce Fur Preset
      • One Sasquatch Full Body HD Morph
      • Two Sasquatch Shaping Presets (Male and Female)
      • Three Sasquatch Full Body Material Presets including fur and anatomical elements for the male
      • Five Eye Material Presets
      • Includes Iray Presets only

     

    By

    RawArt RawArt June 2019 in The Commons
  • Texture compression, still don't get it

    Texture compression tends to use DXT3 or DXT5 (or DXT1 if it has no transparency). They compress at a 4:1 (6:1 for DXT1) ratio from the uncompressed version. IOW, they are one quarter the uncompressed size. The file format like JPG, PNG, etc. don't mean anything as the image is decompressed before being recompressed into DXT3 or DXT5. So they may end up being larger than their file format counterpart (such as JPG) even with compression. This kind of compression (DXT) takes 4x4 blocks of pixels and compresses them into 128 bits (64 bits for DXT1). It is a lossy compression. The settings you use for high threshold means that if the texture size is larger than what you specified, it will compress them if needed. The setting for medium threshold means that any texture between that setting and the high threshold MAY be compressed at the program's discretion if DAZ Studio still needs to use less video RAM. Smaller textures are not compressed.

    In short, the high threshold specifies the size of the textures that get compressed first if needed. (Note I'm not certain if DAZ Studio always compresses textures larger than the high threshold or not. I would think it would only do it if necessary.)

    Texture compression isn't useful only for saving on video card memory. It's also useful to speed up the start of the render as it has 75% (83% for DXT1) less data to transfer. This is somewhat offset if the textures aren't already compressed in main memory.

    There is no heavy or light compression. A texture is either compressed or it isn't. The compression ratio is always the same (except for DXT1, but that's based on lack of transparency).

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S3_Texture_Compression

    I've programmed many 3D engines using texture compression. Colour bleeding tends to happen mostly with overlapping textures that don't align on a 4 pixel boundary (as colours are compressed in 4x4 blocks). Transparent texture can have their alphas have artifacting. Opaque textures should rarely have artifacting. You can get artifacting on opaque textures if you have very high frequency data (checkerboard patterns with many colours, alternating colours, colour strips, etc.), but for the most part, this should not be an issue.

     

    By

    AlienRenders AlienRenders June 2019 in The Commons
  • Stuff ain't working...

    After I just downloaded the 4.11 update I tried to load up my previous project and It was missing. After a frustrating time accepting the 6 hours of work I did is gone I tried again only the +200 morph sliders, many of the different g3f people morphs, and shaping utilities weren't working. this was happening for the past 5 days. I've tried re-downloading it many times, re-downloading the whole Daz Studios application and more nothing is helping so far. 

    By

    Mortune Mortune June 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-June 2019-"Winners Announced Summertime Pin-Ups" -Entries Thread Only

    Hi,

    Here my entry (no postwork) :

    Freebies :

    [Elf Girl Textures for Genesis 8 Female by KnochenKater] https://sharecg.com/v/88556/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Elf-Girl-Textures-for-Genesis-8-Female

    [Side Swept ROse Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Females by zoro_d] https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/side-swept-rose-hair-for-genesis-3-8-females/126602

    [G2F Shorts & Tied Top (Top only) by Wilmaps] https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=185

    [Pleated Skirt for G8F by Digidotz] http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php/free-poses/daz-clothes/233-free-pleated-skirt-for-daz-g8f

    [HDR Evening Sun by Giantcow] https://giantcowfilms.com/2015/12/01/hdr-evening-sun/

    [Ajrarn's BackProp by Ajrarn] https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/ajrarns-backprop-available-in-freestuff-/901938/?p

    [Background Image by dbWalton] https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/standing-on-a-corner-in-galena-kansas-hires/82518

     

    Purchased :

    [Morph and smile] https://www.daz3d.com/amira-hd--expressions-hd-for-genesis-8-female

     

    No count : G8F

    By

    itachan itachan June 2019 in Freebies
  • Bra Morph..?

    Some bright PA could make a HD bra and pantyline morph and an optional geoshell texture set to match

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz June 2019 in The Commons
  • How to make a single dial from a mixture of morphs, which then available as an asset?

    It can happen that if you right-click the Parameters pane the new property gets created in an unwanted property group. Sometimes I didn't care about the group that was selected while creating the property and the new slider appears in some General or in the Transforms group that was currently selected. To search for the new property select the upper "All" group in the Parameters pane and type the name of the new Property in the top Filter Box. If the new slider appears and you are in edit mode right-click the slider and choose Set>Property Group or click the gear icon and set the group there. I keep all my new morphs in the Mophs group with sub categories so I can find them.

    I can imagine if you had selected something else than the "root node" of the genesis figure the slider will be hard to find. Yes it is not recommended but possible to save morphs on selected nodes / bones other than the root node maybe we should have mentioned that while writing the instructions.

    You can also look out for the actual DSF morph file that got saved on disk with a file browser. The name you gave in the Create New Property becomes the filename. Depending on the Content Directory you choose the morph file should be saved somwhere in the "data" folder. You may have to deal with that more often if you want to delete or update morphs you've created read Update Custom morphs?

    References:

    • Create New Property & Parameter Settings: Need help making elevator doors open at the same time going separate ways left and right
    • How do I save a eye morph/ translation with a new character?

    • Update Custom morphs?

    By

    Syrus_Dante Syrus_Dante June 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)

    Playing around with G2F. I've injected Hitomi for G1's head morph into the mix via GenX.

    By

    vrba79 vrba79 June 2019 in Art Studio
  • Algovincian Non-Photorealistic Rendering (NPR) 2019/2020

    I'm busy with other projects at the moment (my network is accounted for), but in the coming weeks I'll schedule the rendering of a couple of animations:

    1. Some camera movement in the enchanted forest (to test the parallax effect):

    2. a figure animation of some martial arts combos perfromed by Dead Blade

    Since many different styles are generated as output every time I run the algos anyway, I'll create the animations in more than one style. I've been keeping animation in mind, so I'm fairly confident that there will be continuity from frame to frame - none of that dreaded shimmer from random stroking patterns, etc. . . we'll see lol

    Here's an animation that was rendered in October of 2014 - one of my first projects, and not that long after I started using DS and the Genesis figure. I still remember being blown away by the abillity to morph the figure. The BVH run cycle was adapted (made seamless in time and smoothed using Excel lol) and applied to the Genesis figure as it morphed:

    http://algovincian.com/temp/mrc.mp4

    Hard to believe that was five years ago!

    - Greg

    By

    algovincian algovincian June 2019 in Art Studio
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.