-
A and B and C walk into a scene.
Turned off by turning the Visible property off, I assume, not making them transparent.
The scene still has to be loaded in full into DS, so that is going to consume some system memory - perhaps it is failing during the prepartion stage, before ti even tries to transfer to Iray for rendering. Again, what does the log say?
Aiko 3 of 9Every new model it takes me a while to get into it because to move my characters up I have go through a lot of motions. I had toyed with moving the guys up from Genesis and 8 to 9 a few times, but I get busy. I'm sleep depped right now, so hahaha... write??!?! WHAT??!?! Do... aRT?!?!? WHHAAATT?? Study Abenaki?!?! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I shall waste time by redoing step one of the moving process!
Bringing in Aiko 3... and later Hiro 3... okay I might have already moved Sakura 8 over.
Also bringing in Capsces Kioki and Hitioro.
What? You ask. You have those old morphs on your Genesis models????
Yes. And no, I don't remember how I did it. Something to do with GenX.
I use Kioki and Hitoro's morphs for just about everything. Anyway, I saw a post where someone was looking for better shapes of eyes and it got me thinking. The truth is I WAS working on my own anime model system for Genesis 9 but I was doing it alone, so it was slow going... and now DAZ rolled theirs out, so. Eh. I'll go back to telling badly told stories if it's all the same to you.
Anyhoo.
I upgraded to Premier and tried to move the Legacy shape of Aiko over using shape transfer - which btw was a pain to even get to be in my system at all. Definitely a bug DAZ could address Anyhoo. Unless you're a fan of Hellraiser, I don't recommend you do it.
I had to move her over the old way. Thankfully the geometry tools with Premiere let me avoid using Blender.
Duplicate formulasMore likely it is two specific characters that use the same names, so any links (between a full morph and head/body morphs, or between morphs and joint centres) will have the same name at both ends of the link - which is what the error message means by duplicate formula.
Diffeo - Morphs for eyelashes no longer working after import?You don't have to import Custom Morphs... importing with Daz Favoites always work, neat and quick. But because default Eyelashes Length properties (default value 1.0) on G8 trigger Eyelashes Length morphs (with geometry data...) by AutoFollow on the G8 Eyelashes attachment in DS, you need to:
1) Zero Eyelashes properties on G8 to avoid morph baking. Favorite Eyelashes properties on G8 Eyelahses attachement. (ss 1 ~ 2)
2) Import the scene with Diffeo by checking Daz Favorites option. Then dial the morph properties in Blender (ss3)Be noted, if working with G8.1 / G9, you need to firstly dial the eyelash properties on G8.1 / G9 so as to trigger Auto Follow, then favorite the morphs on Eyelahses attachement ~~
Edit: If you want to import Custom Morphs, select Eyelashes mesh, import from the folder: data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male Eyelashes\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Head\ (ss4) (What you've imported are just control properties on G8 with no geometry data...)
Daz After DeathI wish you the very best in your fight with your cancer. Please remember to not withdraw from others which is a natural reaction with difficult and uncertain news. If people say I don't know what to say then tell them you are thankful for their acknowledgement and that acknowledgement is enough.
As for your transfer of licence upon your death, unfortunately you do not own your content. You own a licence to use your content. To quote the standard licence agreement:
"User shall not give, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or distribute any Content on a temporary or permanent basis without the prior written consent of DAZ."
https://www.daz3d.com/eula#general_license
You will probably also have to indicate who you will be the transfer recipient of the licences, including their contact information. If you get written consent then make sure to print it out with a copy of the current EULA and have a copy of it stored with your will and other legal documents. Upon completion of your bequest, DAZ will need to be notified in writing of the completion of the transfer of licences. The notice of transfer and the DAZ acknowledgement should also be printed and kept for future legal reference.
I hope this explanation helps.
Daz After Death@valkan I'm so sorry to hear about your health concerns. Know that no matter what the doctors might say, God has the final say. You are in His hands.
As for your library, I think what others have said is correct - I recommend contacting Daz3D and explaining the situation. I don't know what the policy is when it comes to this type of situation. I don't think they generally allow an account transfer but hopefully they can make an exception in this circumstance.
May the Lord God bless you with healing and strength. I'm sending mental hugs and prayers your way. Please keep us posted. ❤️
Diffeomorphic - Eyes Side to Side Morph stopped working for some reason!Padone said:
Exactly what changes did you make and how ?
p.s. In general you're only allowed to sculpt the mesh and morphs, I mean only deforming vertices without changing the mesh itself. If you mess up with the rig then you could reimport and transfer/copy the morphs you did.
p.p.s. However, it always advised to make changes on the daz rig version, then backup, before converting to MHX or rigify.
thx for the answer i changed a lot of thigns like sculpted the cheekbones more and change skin materials eye materials etc but idk which one actually did it, i might have done something wrong on accident. I will try to reimport the character and just redo the changes I guess.
Stop/Slow Paddle for Construction Workers with corresponding pose(s)?This outfit comes with a stop sign:
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-road-work-outfit-for-genesis-8-malesIf you need the handle to be longer, you could probably mod the file directly or create a morph on the handle to stretch out the vertices.
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]Elemental Flame said:
I recently came back to Daz after a hiatus of nearly a year. I used TurboLoader extensively before my hiatus to disable about 98% of my morphs so that my Genesis 8 models would load super fast, using the Booster Utilities to load on demand when needed. When I returned and attempted to load an old scene that includes morphs I do not normally have turned on, using "Turbo Loader Open File" is not doing anything. When I checked my Turbo Loader Manager for Genesis 8 Male, I saw only 159 morphs. That's a fraction of what I own, but generally the ones I kept enabled all the time. The morphs I kept off were no longer on my list. I attempted to Scan for Morphs but it only brought back the same 159. It did not appear to be picking up the ones that were turned off.
Is there any way to have TurboLoader Manager scan the directories for even files that were set to off so I can get my complete morph list back? I'm hoping that will allow my load on demand utility to work again.
You can use the "Reset Content Directories..." button on the Options tab of the TLM to reset ALL your morphs back to on. Then you could scan again.
Tutorial: Making TriAx Figures from Old Parametric CharactersAgreed, and that's what I want to get to.
It really would be useful to show a clay render of the Natu clone obj at 0,0,0 at the same time as a different coloured clay render of Genesis at 0,0,0. That way we can see how close the clone shape is to Genesis, a screenshot of the genesis autofit clone parameter settings (like on page 3), and a screen shot of the parameters list that you'e worked to create (with any hidden ones showing too). Is there a chance you've got a Genesis 1 morph and a Genesis 1 autofit clone with the same name? If it's happened, it would seem likely that DS doesn't really know which to activate & it all goes odd.
Final request for the moment - is it possible to see Natu with Genesis clothes so we can see what it looks like maybe close in where things may be going wrong?
Regards,
Richard
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]I recently came back to Daz after a hiatus of nearly a year. I used TurboLoader extensively before my hiatus to disable about 98% of my morphs so that my Genesis 8 models would load super fast, using the Booster Utilities to load on demand when needed. When I returned and attempted to load an old scene that includes morphs I do not normally have turned on, using "Turbo Loader Open File" is not doing anything. When I checked my Turbo Loader Manager for Genesis 8 Male, I saw only 159 morphs. That's a fraction of what I own, but generally the ones I kept enabled all the time. The morphs I kept off were no longer on my list. I attempted to Scan for Morphs but it only brought back the same 159. It did not appear to be picking up the ones that were turned off.
Is there any way to have TurboLoader Manager scan the directories for even files that were set to off so I can get my complete morph list back? I'm hoping that will allow my load on demand utility to work again.
Daz After DeathDrunkMonkeyProductions said:
I'd suggest contacting a lawyer and have them review the EULA/TOS to see if it's legal or not.
My armchair non-lawyer opinion, you can transfer it, if you contact daz3d and request the transfer(eula section,Other restrictions)
Asking Daz first will b cheaper than asking a lawyer
Daz After DeathI'd suggest contacting a lawyer and have them review the EULA/TOS to see if it's legal or not.
My armchair non-lawyer opinion, you can transfer it, if you contact daz3d and request the transfer(eula section,Other restrictions)
Keys for Shock look etc.I said morph but I guess it is a shape, oops.
Daz After DeathCan a user account be transferred to someone else?
I have been diagnosed with Cancer and currently don't know my life-expectancy.
I have a massive library of content. All of my computer equipment, including the disk holding the Daz content is left to a friend in my will.
Can I transfer the library connection to my account to him? Will the content still be useable otherwise?
Tutorial: Making TriAx Figures from Old Parametric CharactersMaybe for personal use and rendering this is a case where it will make more sense to make a natu morph for Genesis of choice?
Keys for Shock look etc.I have moved my characters head to bend down and then I go into the timeline and can adjust the keys to better fine tune the movement. But when I try to find the keys for the ( example, shocked look) and all other morphs under the paremeters tab I can't find those in the timeline to make adjustments. Is there a way to see the morph movements in the timeline?
G9 Shape Preset for SWOLE Garrick mixnonesuch00 said:
leemoon_c43b45a114 said:
nonesuch00 said:
Thanks Mr Lee,
I am converting a bunch of Muscleman Bodybuilder poses from Genesis 8 Male/Female to Genesis 9 however, I am finding that the Genesis 9 figure just doesn't look correct in the elbows. I have all the DAZ Originals backages you listen but which of the others you listed is most crucial to getting normal muscular arms in the biceps flexed pose looking correct without deformed looking forearms, wrists, and albows? I'm lacking the Garrick 9 character as yet too.
You are very welcome, nonesuchoo!
Posing bulky, beefy, heavily muscular figures are certainly a challenge with respect to joints. I often have to dial back a bend pose to account for the folding artifacts that might show up. I do use a few bend enhancer products, though I can't recall which ones at the moment. Not sure if it helps or not, but take a look at the G9 automatic flexion strength parameter - I have it turned on at 100% - I think it's 0% by default. Not sure what it controls (perhaps under the hood joint/bend correctives?) Anyway, I always set it to 100%. There's a new product in the store, Ultimate Natural Bend Morphs for Genesis 9 Feminine 2.0. It states that it can be of use in G9 masculine shapes. I have it in my wishlist and will purchase it at some point.
Feel free to share you experiences with the various morph sets. I'd love to find out what others are doing to make those types of poses work better.
Thanks!
Lee
OK, well I decided to switch to another G9 character as I felt the PA of the product I want to use probably didn't thoroughly test the product in all the poses they should have. I am going to try to use these posings to pose AI prompts at NightCafe.Studio as I stumbled upon how to use their Flex training database to do that. I will update you here though after I buy the products you've listed (SimonWM only: probably as I must watch my budget). I do have a one or two pose corrective products already, one from 3DU, I will try them and post here too.
I'll be looking forward to seeing what you find out regarding bends/flexes.
When I create a dial-spun figure, I always try a variety of poses to see if the figure is bending properly. Sometimes I make other adjustments to the figure, sometimes I just scrap the figure and start over entirely. :)
Lee
G9 Shape Preset for SWOLE Garrick mixleemoon_c43b45a114 said:
nonesuch00 said:
Thanks Mr Lee,
I am converting a bunch of Muscleman Bodybuilder poses from Genesis 8 Male/Female to Genesis 9 however, I am finding that the Genesis 9 figure just doesn't look correct in the elbows. I have all the DAZ Originals backages you listen but which of the others you listed is most crucial to getting normal muscular arms in the biceps flexed pose looking correct without deformed looking forearms, wrists, and albows? I'm lacking the Garrick 9 character as yet too.
You are very welcome, nonesuchoo!
Posing bulky, beefy, heavily muscular figures are certainly a challenge with respect to joints. I often have to dial back a bend pose to account for the folding artifacts that might show up. I do use a few bend enhancer products, though I can't recall which ones at the moment. Not sure if it helps or not, but take a look at the G9 automatic flexion strength parameter - I have it turned on at 100% - I think it's 0% by default. Not sure what it controls (perhaps under the hood joint/bend correctives?) Anyway, I always set it to 100%. There's a new product in the store, Ultimate Natural Bend Morphs for Genesis 9 Feminine 2.0. It states that it can be of use in G9 masculine shapes. I have it in my wishlist and will purchase it at some point.
Feel free to share you experiences with the various morph sets. I'd love to find out what others are doing to make those types of poses work better.
Thanks!
Lee
OK, well I decided to switch to another G9 character as I felt the PA of the product I want to use probably didn't thoroughly test the product in all the poses they should have. I am going to try to use these posings to pose AI prompts at NightCafe.Studio as I stumbled upon how to use their Flex training database to do that. I will update you here though after I buy the products you've listed (SimonWM only: probably as I must watch my budget). I do have a one or two pose corrective products already, one from 3DU, I will try them and post here too.
Character used in Princess Petra productssavin.andrej_ac91e63765 said:
I think our friend Plant is trying to tell us something else. The PPGD Dress, which Princess sells, contains the PrincessPetra9_Body_bs_Body.dsf morph. Which means that Princess will likely release the product soon.
The elusive Princess Petra herself! I would definitely pick up that product. Dunno if the PA browses the forums, but based on my own personal adventures, I have seen numerous inquiries about the princess herself, so there's definitely a demand for the true model.













