• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • [Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

    I found a new use for Mesh Grabber in my render today. I've been using it mostly to fix clothing poke through or to squish down chair cushions, etc. Today it came in very handy to push hair back behind some fingers. Before Mesh Grabber the hair was running through the finger flesh, and I couldn't find a morph that would move it back out of the way.

     

    By

    barbult barbult March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Settings for Large, Round Eyes?

    200+ has an Eyes Arched morph, amongst others.

    Or dial in a toony character (The Girl 8, Aiko 8, Syph, etc)

    By

    Hylas Hylas March 2020 in The Commons
  • Center the manipulator (gizmo?)

    Is this for an object or a figure? I suspect it's the latter, in which case the solution is to make sure that you perform any major moves using the figure node and use the root bone (the hip on humans) only for placing the figure in space (on the floor, placed to shake hands with a second figure, etc.). If that is the issue you can transfer the translations from the root bone to the figure node to bring them back together.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2020 in New Users
  • XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

    Zev0 "EG clicking on V7 icon and loading her in the scene then using Xtransfer. The product was designed to work with the default base figure only."

    I'm afraid I must be misunderstanding what you're saying. I read this as only transferring G3 Female Base to to G8 Female Base. If true, this seems to be of very limited use.

    Can I not transfer Eva 7 to Generation 8 Female? I hope I misunderstand.

    @fastbike1, I bought this when it came out, but have been too busy to actually use it. Looking at your question, I decided to transfer Eva 7 as my first project so I could give you a step-by-step. Seriously, this couldn't be any easier.

    Here is my step-by-step for XTransfering Eva 7:

    1. Open Daz Studio.
    2. Load the Genesis 3 Base Female.
    3. In the Parameters Tab, locate the Eva 7 morph under Actor > People > Real World
    4. Favorite the one morph, (click on the heart outline icon in the upper right of the parameter, next to the gear icon. When favorited, this heart becomes solid.)
    5. Open the XTransfer Script.
    6. Verify the content directory the morphs will be saved to.
    7. Click on the "Transfer Selected Morphs" button.
    8. Wait until the script has finished. (It took just over five minutes on my computer, which was a pretty fast little beast when I bought it 3-1.2 years ago.)
    9. Close the script once it has finished.

    The script clears the scene and removes your favorite from the original morph, so you don't have to do so manually.

    Just load the Genesis 8 Base Female, select her, and locate the morph under Actors in the Parameters tab. Dial in the morph and apply the original Eva 7 materials. (Tip: Select both the figure and the Eyelash addon, then double-click on the Eva 7 All Maps material preset. This will apply the materials to the eyelashes and eyemoisture at the same time it applies the materials to the base figure.)

    I highly recommend you open the included PDF. XTransfer opens to the Info tab. Click on the button at the bottom of the script window to open the PDF. Everything I've outlined here is in the PDF, and a lot more.

     

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

    I'm running into a problem with G8, in that I have picked up a lot of characters and morphs over the period that it has been the current base. To the point that it takes over 15 minutes just to load a base G8F. G8M loads a bit faster, but still longer than any of my saved G1 dial-spun characters.

    I can see that loading all of the links to potential morphs is probably a good thing when you are sitting down to create a new character. But it's a bit of excessive overhead, once you've finalized that character.

    Is there already a way to finalize a dial-spin so that it is not linked to *all* of the potential morphs in your library? So a saved scene or scene subset of that character by itself, won't take so appallingly long to open or merge it into another scene?

    I have the same problem and made the suggestion of having a way to load only the morphs wanted instead of every morph I had earlier and was basically told by someone to just use Poser if I wanted that

    Frankly, I liked the ability to be able to select the specific morphs I wanted in a figure and save it with only those morphs instead of with 900 others

    Sounds like it's past time for there to be some way of locking and unlocking the morphs a figure calls on when loaded. One would need to be able to unlock it too, if you need to do a modified version of the character (older, younger, give them a sibling, etc) . I've no objection to needing to relaunch Studio for a character building/modification session. But when I'm building scenes with saved characters for illustrations, I want to be able to load them in something like under 15 minutes each.

    It's reached a point that I'm about to abandon G8. Which definitely means abandoning the purchase of any more G8 character mrphs, because that is just making the situation worse.

    By

    JOdel JOdel March 2020 in The Commons
  • Settings for Large, Round Eyes?

    Fisty and Darc had a round eye morph freebie for G3. Not sure where I got it from. It was a freebie, so it might be here in the freebie section, but it could have been a Christmas freebie. The copy on my backup drive is dated January 2017 if that mkes it any easier to find.

    By

    JOdel JOdel March 2020 in The Commons
  • Settings for Large, Round Eyes?

    Can anyone recommend any dials/morphs for large, round eyes? Lera HD is a good example of what I'm after. The very round eyes, with lots of upper eye lid... 

     

     

    The DAZ Originals Head Morph for G8F/G8M products has an eyes almond inner, eyes almond outer, eyes angled, eyes angled inner, eyes angled outer, eyes size, eyes width, eyes depth, eyes height, and several types of morphs dealing with lacrimals, eyelids irises, and pupils.

    There is the Cartoonized for G8F/G8M by Pedro Furtado Arts and other products as well.

    Can you link me? Found a few things that might be it, but nothing definitive. 

    Cartoonized, I found. That looks like might help, as well. 

    By

    asdf123 asdf123 March 2020 in The Commons
  • Help needed with transferring a G8 character to G3

    Before you buy the product, I would suggest to to be prepared with a list of your characters with extreme morphs and custom JCMs. As you mentioned, good candidates in that list would be the cartoon and fantasy characters or anything that deviates significantly from the default outline/silhouette with unnaturally sized eyes and facial expressions being areas to watch out for. That said, the product does provide two options for chacter conversion (an old method and a newer one). The documentation is a bit vague on which one to go for preferring the newer one over the older. There's also a tolerance slider to better accomodate morph displacements.

    Daz does have a 30-day money back period so be prepared to use that time judiciously to evaluate the product. If you face any issues there's a dedicated commerical thread for supporting its users.

    By

    Sensual Art Sensual Art March 2020 in The Commons
  • XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

    No I am saying use the BASE figure G3 to do transfers, NOT the character preset icon which loads in a character. If you want to transfer that character you favourite its icon on the base figure under people.

    By

    Zev0 Zev0 March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Help needed with transferring a G8 character to G3

    I used Redz tutorial:  G3F to G8F Manual morph Transfer with a helper scene to transfer my Lara from G8 to G3, I made it in reverse: when it said G3 I used G8 and so on. I asked if there were a version of that tutorial from G8 to G3 but I didn't get any replies so I tried the one I had in reverse. I got an error first so I set the resolution to base and the subdivision to 0 to both figures and then it worked, but the arms are buggy as you can see here below. I can't use her for anything else than a head closeup portrait without using a really bulky jacket or something. Please is there anyone who can help me with this? I asked the same in a thread at the Daz Studio Discussion section yesterday but I havent got a single reply. I'm beginning to feel really invisible here sad, surely there are someone here with experience of tranferring G8 characters to G3 who can help me out. There is a product in the store now that does this transfer: https://www.daz3d.com/character-converter-from-genesis-8-female-to-genesis-3-female, is there anyone with experience using this who knows if this kind of cartoony model can be transfered successfully without the weird arm/shoulder problem?

     

     

    .

     .

    I

    By

    tombraider4ever tombraider4ever March 2020 in The Commons
  • What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

    I'm running into a problem with G8, in that I have picked up a lot of characters and morphs over the period that it has been the current base. To the point that it takes over 15 minutes just to load a base G8F. G8M loads a bit faster, but still longer than any of my saved G1 dial-spun characters.

    I can see that loading all of the links to potential morphs is probably a good thing when you are sitting down to create a new character. But it's a bit of excessive overhead, once you've finalized that character.

    Is there already a way to finalize a dial-spin so that it is not linked to *all* of the potential morphs in your library? So a saved scene or scene subset of that character by itself, won't take so appallingly long to open or merge it into another scene?

    I have the same problem and made the suggestion of having a way to load only the morphs wanted instead of every morph I had earlier and was basically told by someone to just use Poser if I wanted that

    Frankly, I liked the ability to be able to select the specific morphs I wanted in a figure and save it with only those morphs instead of with 900 others

    By

    Robert Freise Robert Freise March 2020 in The Commons
  • Settings for Large, Round Eyes?

    Can anyone recommend any dials/morphs for large, round eyes? Lera HD is a good example of what I'm after. The very round eyes, with lots of upper eye lid... 

     

     

    The DAZ Originals Head Morph for G8F/G8M products has an eyes almond inner, eyes almond outer, eyes angled, eyes angled inner, eyes angled outer, eyes size, eyes width, eyes depth, eyes height, and several types of morphs dealing with lacrimals, eyelids irises, and pupils.

    There is the Cartoonized for G8F/G8M by Pedro Furtado Arts and other products as well.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 March 2020 in The Commons
  • XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

    @Zev0 "EG clicking on V7 icon and loading her in the scene then using Xtransfer. The product was designed to work with the default base figure only."

    I'm afraid I must be misunderstanding what you're saying. I read this as only transferring G3 Female Base to to G8 Female Base. If true, this seems to be of very limited use.

    Can I not transfer Eva 7 to Generation 8 Female? I hope I misunderstand.

    By

    fastbike1 fastbike1 March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Can DAZ 3D Export to C4D

    @Singular3D Is "Genesis 3 in Daz Studio and the transfer to Cinema 4D" your document?

    I can't tell you based on the title, but it is possible. I wrote a lot of documents about 2 years ago and I shared them in various fora. When you show me the first page (e.g. screenshot), I can tell that to you.

    By

    Singular3D Singular3D March 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Problem with the Daz Studio timeline when switching to animate

    I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it last night, I will later on today, but I couldn't move the rig in Blender when I tried on my first attempt. I figured at that point I would just get the animation exactly as I wanted it in Daz, save that animation as a pose, and then just do the lighting and final renders in Blender. But I will check this afternoon after I get done working if the morph can be moved and get back to you, and I'll also try to animate a morph! 

    By

    benniewoodell benniewoodell March 2020 in The Commons
  • Fit Control causes (again) heavy problems

    No I did open the studio and added fit control to morph a shirt a bit up and then freeeze...

    I also had it one time, that fit control made my savefile 700mb big, normal is 20-40mb

    By

    Loony Loony March 2020 in Product Suggestions
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    Hello are these done with the face transfer addon or are they sculpted in blender?

    By

    KINKYGR2014 KINKYGR2014 March 2020 in The Commons
  • Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

    A new model with procedural shaders: Velouté, Enhance C


    image

    [It's] great to see these in practice.


    Thank you Headwax for your comment. I make it a point to do everything in Carrara if I can; my eyeball is modelled and textured using Carrara and third-party plugins. The model isn't even UV mapped and this is what allows the Iris texture to animate along with the morph applied to the SubD model.

    By

    Persona Non Grata Persona Non Grata March 2020 in Carrara Discussion
  • Downgraded to Genesis 3 from Genesis 8

    By the way, it seems perfectly obvious—now—that in my request for  "a properly sequenced, step-by-step guide to exactly how one arrives at a 'properly optimized G8 figure,' using as little in the way of unexplained abbreviated jargon as humanly possible," I grossly omitted to say:

    If you're just going to tell me, "go do this and then do that and then do this other thing," without STEP-BY-STEP, CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE AND HOW TO DO each thing, please, please, please don't waste your valuable time. It really is a total waste of time and typing, and I am sure you have much better and more productive ways to spend your time.

    Please forgive my oversight in not stating that clearly before in my request.

    As mentioned, G8 isn't terribly different than G3 in terms of the geometry.  If you want a speedier and more stable G8 figure,

    1. first look at your log to see if you are throwing any errors and deinstall, reinstall what is broken (your log is located at Daz Studio Main Menu >Help>Troubleshooting>View Log.... you will see errors but hopefully not a lot of them and the error will have the name of the errant file or morph},
    2. next, reduce the size of your figure's maps to match the size of your speediest G3 figure (The readme for the product will show you the path to the textures folder or you should be able to search it on your computer, and use your favorite image editor to reduce the file size...)
    3. next, you can squeeze a tiny bit of speed by moving characters/morphs to a different runtime that you can switch off in Content Manager (Daz Studio> Preferences> Content Manager> Daz Studio Content folders),
    4. and finally, match the SubD to your G3 figures (a SubD of 2 is much less resource hungry than a SubD of 3 or 4  Go to Daz Studio> Parameter Tab > Mesh Resolution to adjust SubD i.e. subdivision i.e. mesh resolution each number 2 to 3 makes the figure 10X more complex).

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 March 2020 in The Commons
  • DS 4.12 Loading a new character does not reset all morphs. Why?

    Here are the preset morphs that are loaded with the G8F basic female: Scale: 92%, SC Lucy Body: 100%, Teen Josie Body: 50%, Eyelashes Curl: 100%, Eyelashes length lower: 100%, Eyelashes length upper: 100%, Head propagating scale:1.4%, SC Lucy head: 100%, Teen Josie head: 50%, Navel 100%. 

    https://www.daz3d.com/sc-lucy-for-teen-josie-8

    In a fresh scene, load the G8F figure. If the above mentioned morphs {for Lucy and Josie} are listed as being used, try downloading and installing a fresh copy of Lucy for Teen Josie and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then a CS ticket needs to be filed to have the product fixed.

    In the meantime, close D/S - search in the data folder for G8F ... Morphs ... Second Circle? ... find the morph for Lucy. One can use 7zip to decrypt it if necessary. Find the line wherein mention is made of the morphs [one for Lucy and one for Josie] having a value of "1" or anything aside from "0" -- make it a "0" and save the file. 

    Then when you open D/S and load G8F, those morphs should not be already applied.

     

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab March 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.