• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • [Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

    Would you mind transferring Reptilian HD, just so I can see what it looks like? You don't have to post it in the thread if you don't want.

    There are a few problems with Reptilian.  

    1. The character is HD
    2. The shape is extreme
    3. The textures don't transfer
    4. He is multiple parts: main body and head, legs, and tail

    Here is the main body and head converted over to G8 with Oolong HD materials.

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Naming Bones for Transfer

    If you want custom bones you will need to add them after using the Transfer Utlity (or if they don't need to graft just rig them from scratch and parent them to the figure)

    Thank you.
    Just to be clear.  If I'm not going to use geograft, I do not need to do the Transfer Utility?
     

    Right.

    Beautiful!!
    Thank you so much.
    Both of you!

    By

    mirjagirl mirjagirl March 2020 in New Users
  • Daz3D to Blender or Max: Ability to pose

    For Blender there are a couple of options. Diffeomorphic is free, and the author has recently been working on getting better materials/shader conversion. There is also DAZtoBelnder8 which is $15.00 and looks pretty good (YouTube animation using it here). AFAIK both plugins transfer jcm's, and possibly the morphs for muscles as well. Here is a thread about the shader conversions to Cycles with the Diffeomorphic plugin - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/389931/true-iray-skins-for-blender-are-on-the-way#latest

    I should probably add that DAZ does not have it's own muscle based skin system. It uses (Genesis 3/8) dual quaternion skinning, which is simply a volume preserving method for mesh deformation from movements of the underlying skeleton (actually more than that, but it gives that basic idea). Genesis 8 does have muscle deformation/movement built in, but the movement of the muscle morphs is defined by the movement of the associated joints, so in theory they could be transferred to Blender ot Maya (I think the plugins for Blender do this, but I'm not sure, they definitely transfer the jcm's though so bending should look as good in Blender as in DS). 

    There is also at least one plugin for transferring figures to Maya here in the store, but I'm not sure what they are called, how how good they might be.

    By

    DustRider DustRider March 2020 in New Users
  • Loading time

    How many G8 characters and additional morph sets do you have? From what I've read, having a lot of characters and additional morphs can slow load times a lot. This thread may help https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/372136/how-to-load-a-character-faster-solved-with-a-workaround/p1

    There are like 450 characters, I'm not sure about how many aditional morphs but i have a lot of them.

    The notebook however has only 30 characters installed.

    Thank you for the thread link, it's is very helpfull.

    Your welcome. Wow! That definitely looks like the issue, hopefully you got some good ideas to manage/speed load times from that thread.

    Think that I'll uninstall the characters i never use. However now that i know the problem i can just wait for the loading.

    By

    SaulCs SaulCs March 2020 in The Commons
  • What the hell is Gordig doing now?

    Since I don't want to use G2, and don't have GenX to transfer the Reptilian to G3 so I can XTransfer it to G8, I've been trying to kitbash my own reptilian creatures. I'm finding it surprisingly hard to get the kind of snout I want, but here's where I am for now.

    By

    Gordig Gordig March 2020 in Art Studio
  • Loading time
    So even if i am loading only one figure like victoria 8 for example all the morphs installed will be loaded too?

    Yes. Daz will load all the morphs installed when loading a character even if you do not plan on using all of them. The more morphs installed, the slower the character load time. 

    It will read the files in, as it needs to know which sliders to show and which trigger which othe sliders, but it won't keep the actual shape changes in memory if the morph is zeroed (it will read and retain any morphs that are embedded in the file, rather than saved as an asset, of course since there isn't an external reference).

    but can that make the loading of a character slower if there are more morphs installed even if the character is not using them?

    Yes, it can.

    Right. Thank you.

    By

    SaulCs SaulCs March 2020 in The Commons
  • Loading time

    How many G8 characters and additional morph sets do you have? From what I've read, having a lot of characters and additional morphs can slow load times a lot. This thread may help https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/372136/how-to-load-a-character-faster-solved-with-a-workaround/p1

    There are like 450 characters, I'm not sure about how many aditional morphs but i have a lot of them.

    The notebook however has only 30 characters installed.

    Thank you for the thread link, it's is very helpfull.

    Your welcome. Wow! That definitely looks like the issue, hopefully you got some good ideas to manage/speed load times from that thread.

    By

    DustRider DustRider March 2020 in The Commons
  • Loading time
    So even if i am loading only one figure like victoria 8 for example all the morphs installed will be loaded too?

    Yes. Daz will load all the morphs installed when loading a character even if you do not plan on using all of them. The more morphs installed, the slower the character load time. 

    It will read the files in, as it needs to know which sliders to show and which trigger which othe sliders, but it won't keep the actual shape changes in memory if the morph is zeroed (it will read and retain any morphs that are embedded in the file, rather than saved as an asset, of course since there isn't an external reference).

    but can that make the loading of a character slower if there are more morphs installed even if the character is not using them?

    Yes, it can.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2020 in The Commons
  • Content Distribution Legality Questions

    Okay, so while I'm not a vendor here or on any site, in my time as an artist using Daz, I have made several original morphs for various figures and (as of right now) one original geograft for G8F for my own use.  However, now, I'm planning to start using SubscribeStar (a site similar to Patreon) to make a bit of extra money from my art and on one higher tier I'd like to enable downloading my morphs and geograft.  First of all, I want to confirm that using that sort of patron-based content sharing is legal.  I assume it is, since similar content can both be sold elsewhere and made available for free, but I figure, better safe than sorry.

    Assuming it is legal for me to provide such content as a reward, I was also wondering if it would be within the bounds of the EULA for me to include texture files with the geograft that are pretty much a modification of the G8F base materials for the Face location.

    Finally, one of the G8F morphs I've made, while it doesn't strictly need a given character morph for sale on this site to work, it is effectively useless without said character.  Are there any special considerations I need to take into account for distributing something that requires the purchase of a product on this site to work properly?  Obviously, if I can do this at all, I should be very clear that the morph in question requires the character, but are there any other issues?

    The morphs you've made that are 100% of your own creation, will be found in the data morph folder bearing your name. Generally speaking that content [that is 100% your work] is okay to redistribute. In your readme you would need to make clear for which figure the morph is made for plus any other relevant details such as any other morphs required, and where to buy them, for your morph to look its best. It is also a good idea to say where to get the base figure too ;-) You cannot redistribute the base figure.

    If you have used any morph sets to make your morphs, then you need to check the conditions for each and every morph set used. Some do, some do not, permit sharing {and there are usually strings attached}.

    The texture files as you mention them, no. Those would need to be redone. Again either 100% your own work or with the use of merchant resources BUT most [not all] merchant resources do not permit use for freebies. And occasionally there is one not permitted for commercial use.

    Note that all answers to such question in the forum, are being answered by other customers too. We do not represent the company. When you have all the basics figured out, if you still have questions, submit a CS and ask the company ;-)
    When in doubt, ask the company.

     

    And I totally agree with that last statement.   File a help ticket and ask Daz directly    The Contact us button on the bottom of each page of the site  and submit a ticket.
    Btw  a hint,  to avoid getting caught up the the captcha thing  glance to top left of the ticket page and make sure to tick Sign in before submitting

    By

    Chohole Chohole March 2020 in The Commons
  • UltraScenery [Commercial]

    Another thought - does anybody tried generating height maps in Bryce and transfer them to Ultra Scenery?

    Another couple of examples I just did using Bryce-generated height maps.

    Very nice! Kind of a river valley look.

    By

    barbult barbult March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • UltraScenery [Commercial]

    Another thought - does anybody tried generating height maps in Bryce and transfer them to Ultra Scenery?

    Another couple of examples I just did using Bryce-generated height maps.

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Content Distribution Legality Questions

    Okay, so while I'm not a vendor here or on any site, in my time as an artist using Daz, I have made several original morphs for various figures and (as of right now) one original geograft for G8F for my own use.  However, now, I'm planning to start using SubscribeStar (a site similar to Patreon) to make a bit of extra money from my art and on one higher tier I'd like to enable downloading my morphs and geograft.  First of all, I want to confirm that using that sort of patron-based content sharing is legal.  I assume it is, since similar content can both be sold elsewhere and made available for free, but I figure, better safe than sorry.

    Assuming it is legal for me to provide such content as a reward, I was also wondering if it would be within the bounds of the EULA for me to include texture files with the geograft that are pretty much a modification of the G8F base materials for the Face location.

    Finally, one of the G8F morphs I've made, while it doesn't strictly need a given character morph for sale on this site to work, it is effectively useless without said character.  Are there any special considerations I need to take into account for distributing something that requires the purchase of a product on this site to work properly?  Obviously, if I can do this at all, I should be very clear that the morph in question requires the character, but are there any other issues?

    The morphs you've made that are 100% of your own creation, will be found in the data morph folder bearing your name. Generally speaking that content [that is 100% your work] is okay to redistribute. In your readme you would need to make clear for which figure the morph is made for plus any other relevant details such as any other morphs required, and where to buy them, for your morph to look its best. It is also a good idea to say where to get the base figure too ;-) You cannot redistribute the base figure.

    If you have used any morph sets to make your morphs, then you need to check the conditions for each and every morph set used. Some do, some do not, permit sharing {and there are usually strings attached}.

    The texture files as you mention them, no. Those would need to be redone. Again either 100% your own work or with the use of merchant resources BUT most [not all] merchant resources do not permit use for freebies. And occasionally there is one not permitted for commercial use.

    Note that all answers to such question in the forum, are being answered by other customers too. We do not represent the company. When you have all the basics figured out, if you still have questions, submit a CS and ask the company ;-)
    When in doubt, ask the company.

     

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab March 2020 in The Commons
  • Loading time
    So even if i am loading only one figure like victoria 8 for example all the morphs installed will be loaded too?

    Yes. Daz will load all the morphs installed when loading a character even if you do not plan on using all of them. The more morphs installed, the slower the character load time. 

    It will read the files in, as it needs to know which sliders to show and which trigger which othe sliders, but it won't keep the actual shape changes in memory if the morph is zeroed (it will read and retain any morphs that are embedded in the file, rather than saved as an asset, of course since there isn't an external reference).

    but can that make the loading of a character slower if there are more morphs installed even if the character is not using them?

    By

    SaulCs SaulCs March 2020 in The Commons
  • Loading time
    So even if i am loading only one figure like victoria 8 for example all the morphs installed will be loaded too?

    Yes. Daz will load all the morphs installed when loading a character even if you do not plan on using all of them. The more morphs installed, the slower the character load time. 

    It will read the files in, as it needs to know which sliders to show and which trigger which othe sliders, but it won't keep the actual shape changes in memory if the morph is zeroed (it will read and retain any morphs that are embedded in the file, rather than saved as an asset, of course since there isn't an external reference).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2020 in The Commons
  • Content Distribution Legality Questions

    From my understanding of EULA and morphs, if you make a morph that let's say needs Babina 8 to look good. You can sell it as a separate morph (only what you did by yourself in a modeling program or what you did with merchant resource morph packs). So your morph can't contain the Babina8 morph in it, but you can sell it sepparate and mention that it needs Babina8 to look good. 

    I am only about 80-90% sure of what I stated above so let's hope someone that can state for 100% can come and clarify this.

    For the textures, unless you are very good at making them from scratch I recommend you purchase one of the skin builders merchant resources from here or other selling sites. This way, you can sell a full character.

    By

    alex86fire alex86fire March 2020 in The Commons
  • Content Distribution Legality Questions

    Okay, so while I'm not a vendor here or on any site, in my time as an artist using Daz, I have made several original morphs for various figures and (as of right now) one original geograft for G8F for my own use.  However, now, I'm planning to start using SubscribeStar (a site similar to Patreon) to make a bit of extra money from my art and on one higher tier I'd like to enable downloading my morphs and geograft.  First of all, I want to confirm that using that sort of patron-based content sharing is legal.  I assume it is, since similar content can both be sold elsewhere and made available for free, but I figure, better safe than sorry.

    Assuming it is legal for me to provide such content as a reward, I was also wondering if it would be within the bounds of the EULA for me to include texture files with the geograft that are pretty much a modification of the G8F base materials for the Face location.

    Finally, one of the G8F morphs I've made, while it doesn't strictly need a given character morph for sale on this site to work, it is effectively useless without said character.  Are there any special considerations I need to take into account for distributing something that requires the purchase of a product on this site to work properly?  Obviously, if I can do this at all, I should be very clear that the morph in question requires the character, but are there any other issues?

    By

    Cowrie Cowrie March 2020 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro Morph Target bug on my model

    I'm working on a game and need to make a low poly version of the Genesis Make and Female, but I also need the morph targets to work on the model so when I use the Transfer Utility do my models face break when I open the mouth on the model. Is it a way to fix this?

    The different Genesis figures have different amounts of polygons. I would suggest picking the one you want to use and then over on the Parameters tab, mesh resolution, set it to base. The mouth will then work fine.

    There is Decimator which is on sale atm, that can produce a lower resolution of the figures and one can see how much or little one is able to do that before the mesh is destroyed.

    If you need lower resolution, I would suggest using the lores figures which are available for sale in the store. For example here is one of several products available:

    https://www.daz3d.com/lorez-figures-modern-males

     

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab March 2020 in New Users
  • Naming Bones for Transfer

    If you want custom bones you will need to add them after using the Transfer Utlity (or if they don't need to graft just rig them from scratch and parent them to the figure)

    Thank you.
    Just to be clear.  If I'm not going to use geograft, I do not need to do the Transfer Utility?
     

    Right.

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab March 2020 in New Users
  • Loading time

    How many G8 characters and additional morph sets do you have? From what I've read, having a lot of characters and additional morphs can slow load times a lot. This thread may help https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/372136/how-to-load-a-character-faster-solved-with-a-workaround/p1

    There are like 450 characters, I'm not sure about how many aditional morphs but i have a lot of them.

    The notebook however has only 30 characters installed.

    Thank you for the thread link, it's is very helpfull.

    By

    SaulCs SaulCs March 2020 in The Commons
  • Loading time

    How many G8 characters and additional morph sets do you have? From what I've read, having a lot of characters and additional morphs can slow load times a lot. This thread may help https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/372136/how-to-load-a-character-faster-solved-with-a-workaround/p1

    By

    DustRider DustRider March 2020 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.