• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    I would have to study that tutorial myself first because it's not actually what I used and looks way more involved than what I do

    which is literally what I typed earlier except I have clones I made myself not the product linked

    I have no intention of getting into how to make a clone shape, Sickleyield among others have tutes for that too or you could buy that product, wishlist it and wait for a sale

    basically you need to fit your target figure to your source figure as clothing (you need a clone shape),

    https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

    dial up the morph

    no subdivision, convert the fitted figure to a prop

    export it as an obj and load it into morphloader

    there is a bit more

    I also find G1, G2 and G3 T pose an issue with G9, I have to A pose them before converting the clothing figure to prop

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    zeni1agent said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    zeni1agent said:

     

    I know how to create morphs for a figure. I'm interested in how to transfer a morph from one generation to another 

    I was trying to tell you how to do just that 

    Do you mean this way? Transferutility Morph 

    definitely more detailed than what I posted here, Sickleyield was indeed one of many I learnt from 

    If you have already studied this, then please answer this question as well. 
    I decided to put this in a separate question because I'm afraid that the topic might not fit with the current question.

    By

    zeni1agent zeni1agent March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    zeni1agent said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    zeni1agent said:

     

    I know how to create morphs for a figure. I'm interested in how to transfer a morph from one generation to another 

    I was trying to tell you how to do just that 

    Do you mean this way? Transferutility Morph 

    definitely more detailed than what I posted here, Sickleyield was indeed one of many I learnt from 

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    zeni1agent said:

     

    I know how to create morphs for a figure. I'm interested in how to transfer a morph from one generation to another 

    I was trying to tell you how to do just that 

    Do you mean this way? Transferutility Morph 

    By

    zeni1agent zeni1agent March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Easy FilaToon [Commercial]

    @RAMWolff Thank you! That's sweet of you to say!

    @SapphireBlue Oh thank you! I do like that set, I'm glad I picked it up. It's not my profile character, it's a mix of Friends Forever and The Girl 6, if I remember correctly. I think I ended up reducing the head size and adding a leg length morph as well. 

    I'd be happy to share my comic once it's ready. I'm so slow at creating things (you saw how long it took me to test, refine, and finally release the FilaToon product lol). So yeah, I'm excited to share the comic when I'm happy enough with it to release it into the wild. lol :D I am looking forward to being able to share it!

    By

    3Diva 3Diva March 2025 in The Commons
  • How to fix this?

    That loioks as if a hidden corrective moprh is being aplied when it isn't needed - a new shape that (probably) helps the lips to close properly when a particular head morph is applied. Are you sure there are no poses or expressions applied to the figure on load?

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • how to copy morphs using Transferutility Morph?

    I couldn't get the addons to run so I decided to use a hack method using Transferutility Morph

    I created a morph that replicates the shape of GF3 For G1 GF2 GM2 GF3 GM3 GF8 GM8 G9

    for more accurate transfer of morphs

    I'm trying to run this 

    Tell me what I'm doing wrong

    By

    zeni1agent zeni1agent March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    zeni1agent said:

     

    I know how to create morphs for a figure. I'm interested in how to transfer a morph from one generation to another 

    I was trying to tell you how to do just that 

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    zeni1agent said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    it really depends what you are wanting to do

    it you want to transfer textures between generations you can do that using vertex painting and clone shapes

    I use Ultimate Unwrap 3D to do that but Blender and Zbrush can do it too

    morphs you can do in DAZ studio itself without UV's being involved, just clone shapes obj exports and morphloader are many threads on it

    basically you need to fit your target figure to your source figure as clothing (you need a clone shape),

    https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

    dial up the morph

    no subdivision, convert the fitted figure to a prop

    export it as an obj and load it into morphloader

    there is a bit more

    I also find G1, G2 and G3 T pose an issue with G9, I have to A pose them before converting the clothing figure to prop

     by morphloader do you mean morph loader pro?
    As far as I know it only works with identical mesh, if the mesh do not match, the program writes an error

    yes and yes, using a clone shape to fit the mesh you want to morph at base resolution to the target figure means it is the original mesh retaining vertex order for morphloader once converted to a prop while fitted then unparented, the rest of the scene deleted and then exported as an obj 

    G9 is exceptionally good for this as can fit just the base without eyes, mouth, lashes and eyebrows

    but make sure resolution is base as loads with subdivision

    by there more, I mean you need to adjust rigging to figure shape, run ERC freeze then save the morph, reading documentation or watching tutorials on using morphloader is recomended

    I know how to create morphs for a figure. I'm interested in how to transfer a morph from one generation to another 

    By

    zeni1agent zeni1agent March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • problem with the hair, it is totally stiff

    realhumanartists said:

    realhumanartists said:

    felis said:

    Still no image.

    But I assume, that you should weightpaint the hair so it follows the head bone (all hair should be red).

     I just used transfer utility I didn't do weight paint, I don't know how to do that

     

    The hair is broken but I did it to test, it is not the final result 

    By

    realhumanartists realhumanartists March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • problem with the hair, it is totally stiff

    felis said:

    Still no image.

    But I assume, that you should weightpaint the hair so it follows the head bone (all hair should be red).

     I just used transfer utility I didn't do weight paint, I don't know how to do that

     

    By

    realhumanartists realhumanartists March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • problem with the hair, it is totally stiff

    felis said:

    Still no image.

    But I assume, that you should weightpaint the hair so it follows the head bone (all hair should be red).

     I just used transfer utility I didn't do weight paint, I don't know how to do that

    By

    realhumanartists realhumanartists March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • problem with the hair, it is totally stiff

    felis said:

    Which character is it modelled for?

    Have you rigged it using 'transfer utility'?

    Try to attach an image what it look like.

    'Transfer utility' solved the problem, but now all the hair is stuck to the body and has some deformations. Should I add a moprh? how do you do it? 

    By

    realhumanartists realhumanartists March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • problem with the hair, it is totally stiff

    Which character is it modelled for?

    Have you rigged it using 'transfer utility'?

    Try to attach an image what it look like.

    By

    felis felis March 2025 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Face Transfer Scripting

    Richard Haseltine said:

    See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/specific_ui/appsettings_facetransfer/start

    But this doesn't provide any scripting for actually applying Face Transfer from and image. Do you know of any ways of scripting plugins - FT2 in this case ? I would think if FT2 gave scripts, why didn't they give a script for the main purpose of their plugin. And considering they didn't, do you know of any ways I can make it happen anyways?

    By

    sulaiman.khydyruulu sulaiman.khydyruulu March 2025 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    zeni1agent said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    it really depends what you are wanting to do

    it you want to transfer textures between generations you can do that using vertex painting and clone shapes

    I use Ultimate Unwrap 3D to do that but Blender and Zbrush can do it too

    morphs you can do in DAZ studio itself without UV's being involved, just clone shapes obj exports and morphloader are many threads on it

    basically you need to fit your target figure to your source figure as clothing (you need a clone shape),

    https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

    dial up the morph

    no subdivision, convert the fitted figure to a prop

    export it as an obj and load it into morphloader

    there is a bit more

    I also find G1, G2 and G3 T pose an issue with G9, I have to A pose them before converting the clothing figure to prop

     by morphloader do you mean morph loader pro?
    As far as I know it only works with identical mesh, if the mesh do not match, the program writes an error

    yes and yes, using a clone shape to fit the mesh you want to morph at base resolution to the target figure means it is the original mesh retaining vertex order for morphloader once converted to a prop while fitted then unparented, the rest of the scene deleted and then exported as an obj 

    G9 is exceptionally good for this as can fit just the base without eyes, mouth, lashes and eyebrows

    but make sure resolution is base as loads with subdivision

    by there more, I mean you need to adjust rigging to figure shape, run ERC freeze then save the morph, reading documentation or watching tutorials on using morphloader is recomended

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there a maximally identical uv for genesis 1 and female 8?

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    it really depends what you are wanting to do

    it you want to transfer textures between generations you can do that using vertex painting and clone shapes

    I use Ultimate Unwrap 3D to do that but Blender and Zbrush can do it too

    morphs you can do in DAZ studio itself without UV's being involved, just clone shapes obj exports and morphloader are many threads on it

    basically you need to fit your target figure to your source figure as clothing (you need a clone shape),

    https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

    dial up the morph

    no subdivision, convert the fitted figure to a prop

    export it as an obj and load it into morphloader

    there is a bit more

    I also find G1, G2 and G3 T pose an issue with G9, I have to A pose them before converting the clothing figure to prop

     by morphloader do you mean morph loader pro?
    As far as I know it only works with identical mesh, if the mesh do not match, the program writes an error

    By

    zeni1agent zeni1agent March 2025 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • AI as render engine

    Ai image generation tech, such as stable diffusion, does not simulate light bounces like Iray, or have a 3d reference of the scene. So it's more like post processing on an already-rendered image.

    You can give stable diffusion extra information about 3d space using ControlNets. That can help reduce the divergence from your original input image as the ai reimagines it.

    For example, you can use a normal map to indicate surface directions, and a depth map to show each object's distance from the camera, canny or lineart to preserve detail areas, and tile to maintain overall composition. Other tools can do object recognition or body parts recognition, like automatically detecting and detailing eyes, or style transfer to completely change the look and feel.

    Daz Studio can already render some of the maps useful as input for ControlNet. (Depth and Normal in particular.) So somebody could definitely make a plugin to help smooth the workflows. Some future iteration of Daz Studio could also push a scene into the cloud, render it in Iray or Filament, and help apply some ai post processing without the user needing a powerful PC or fiddling with a complicated stable diffusion setup. ie There's some opportunity to make tools like stable diffusion more accessible to 3d artists.

    By

    Cam Fox Cam Fox March 2025 in The Commons
  • Diffeo - Baking to FK isn't working

    Hi Padone,
    Thanks for looking into this! I really appreciate your help.
    I'll try transfer IK>FK. That sure sounds like it would fit the bill.

    I'm not planning on going back to DAZ, just wanted to point out that this currently wasn't possible with Bake to FK.
    I'm used to frequently bake to the skeletal bones, so no fancy IK features are needed any longer at that point and all constraints can be deleted.
    Otherwise the animation just gets too convoluted, with multiple constraints pulling bones in different directions.

    By

    DrGonzo62 DrGonzo62 March 2025 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeo - Baking to FK isn't working

    I'm not sure what Thomas intended "bake pose to FK rig" for. Actually to bake IK to FK I rather use "transfer IK > FK" in the MHX panel, animation tab, which works fine. However, if you plan to export the blender animation back to daz, then be aware that daz can't provide all the fancy IK features of MHX, as "tweak bones" or "stretchy limbs" for example, so you have to turn them off.

    Below the settings I'd use for MHX to daz. I'm also suggesting a preset to Thomas which could be useful to others as well.

    https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/issues/2434/

    By

    Padone Padone March 2025 in Blender Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.