-
Is there a quick way to install ALL my content with Daz central/ studio?
Will Daz Central still work with all the items if a different bit of softwsare ionstalled them though?
Thank You,
Nick
Is there a quick way to install ALL my content with Daz central/ studio?I've got a big new fast PC, so naturally I want to install the new latest Daz studio and manager.
Over the years I have bought many, many assets - is there a way to download and install the whole lot in one go overnight? (I'm pretty confident I could do this with the old tool, but I cannot see it in Daz central)
Or do I have to work down the list clicking each one iin turn.
Thank you!
Nick
Why use DIM or Connect?Thank you.
Sorry for mixing up the terms Connect and Central.
Why use DIM or Connect?Connect is the system for installing within Daz Studio - did you mean DIM or Daz Central? Some items (e.g. plug ins, and other things that need to go in the applications folder) cannot be isntalled through Connect, others require that they share a location while Connect gives everything its own folder (e.g. the ExP system used in the fourth generation Daz figues and many scripts).
Getting old content on new computer.
Sorry, I meant Central, not Connect. The DIM problem is a known issue which should be fixed with the next Daz update.scott762_948aec318a said:Why won't the new computer run DIM? It's Windows 10, right? I'd figure that out first rather than some wonky workaround.
There's also Daz Central.
To copy over, you need to check where your content is installed. Edit -> Preferences -> Content tab -> Content Directory Manager
Getting old content on new computer.Why won't the new computer run DIM? It's Windows 10, right? I'd figure that out first rather than some wonky workaround.
There's also Daz Central.
To copy over, you need to check where your content is installed. Edit -> Preferences -> Content tab -> Content Directory Manager
Downloading the Latest DS?Thanks. But how? Why am I taken to a Daz Central download page and not a Daz Studio download page? Where is the page for the latest build?
Okay I think I found another page that, oddly, wants me to enter new ID, email, and password (though I'm already signed in), and then a download...but it just downloaded Daz Central. But one this is open, Daz and Daz to Blender start to install. This process should be part of the onsight instructions so people know what to expect.
Downloading the Latest DS?So frustrating, I want to download the latest daz (Fig 8.1 apparently won't work with my old 4.10 version), but when I click on that link it takes me to a page to download Daz Central. So I download Daz Central and it won't work. Is this a Mac/Safari issue? Daz...you need to make things easier.
Winter Forest HDRI not in Smart Content or Content LibraryI have downloaded https://www.daz3d.com/winter-forest-hdri (twice) using DIM but it does not appear in either Smart Content or Content Library. It's listed in Daz Central with an OPEN button but this only leads to an error message. (Resource error. Could not find the 72103 Product")
If I uninstall it and then install it using Daz Central it gives the same error. on opening.
I notice that my other HDRIs from this PA are in a folder called JDA_HDRI but this one is in JDA HDRI.
Any ideas what to do next?
Why did my Genesis 8.1 only have limited expression adjustment?PerttiA说:
您是如何安装它们的(DIM/DAZ Central/DAZ Connect(在 DS/Smart Content 内部)/手动安装)?
您是一直使用相同的安装方法还是使用了几种方法?
Well, I used to install DAZ4.15 manually, and recently I changed it to DIM online installation, but Genesis 8 Malet and Female Starter Essentials and Powerpose Tempolates I used DIM online update to install.
Why did my Genesis 8.1 only have limited expression adjustment?How did you install them (DIM/DAZ Central/DAZ Connect (inside DS/Smart Content)/Manual installation)?
Have you always used the same installation method or have you used several methods?
Moving directory from C:Yes
Depending on how you install content via DIM or Connect or DAZ central
I have my content on my F: drive and have two folders
F:\My Daz 3D LIbrary and F:\My Daz Connect Library
Now my SSD C: drive gets bored but my F: Harddisk drive is way bigger loading times were only slighty slower but not running out of space is better
I am rendering so cant see the setup dialog to confirm
Auto Face EnhancerIt just reappeared again, 30 minutes after my last post! I'd uninstalled Auto Face Enhancer from Daz Central, loaded a new figure, applied a few expressions, and on about the fourth expression it automatically started applying these hideous Auto Face Enhancers. I have to get rid of this thing!
Kameez textures missingAhh.. Well that's a bummer.
So, that's something else I'll have to look out for, then, when purchasing content. Making sure it's a format Carrara can use.
I'll hold off on the converting or importing method for now. Trying not to complicate things for myself, though I keep running into situations that are doing it for me xD.
I'm being reminded how Carrara really fights you and complicates things that "just work" out of the box in other software. For example, I'm dealing with lights not illuminating objects in a scene, and googling for a basic tutorial on how to set up lighting to see what I'm doing wrong. Other software, you set up a light, you point it at an object, it illuminates that object. In Carrara, there's apparently specific steps required to make that happen. Sunlight, Distant light, spotlight, etc.. nothing's lighting my figure. I'm not sure why that is, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't irritating.
I suspect a lot of this is due to Carrara being kind of "frozen in time", compounded by DAZ having switched from creating Poser content to creating their own format, and all the weirdness that creates. For example, my impression from Dartanbeck and others is that Genesis 1 and related content is fully supported by Carrara. Yet, the materials for Kameez, which is made for Genesis, isn't compatible and requires a work-around. That gives me pause about buying more content, as now I have to check what format its materials are in. That shouldn't be necessary.
Maybe for those used to the DAZ/Carrara ecosystem, this is "just how it's done" and is normal. But coming from other software where things work intuitively and consistently (e.g. place a light in a scene, it lights the scene as you'd expect, and you can tweak it from there), it's really confounding. It creates a lot of obstacles that really needn't exist, but for this weird zombie state DAZ keeps Carrara in, and its users are left to figure out work-arounds. That just seems wrong to me, especially since Carrara is a paid product.
They shouldn't be charging $285 for a product they're not supporting and, in fact, are clearly hiding and distancing themselves from. Take a good look around the website. If you didn't know they sold Carrara, besides the forum category, would you have any idea it even exists? According to DAZ Central, the only things that exist are DAZ Studio, Hexagon and Blender Bridge, which they PUSH on you as soon as you load the program. Even DIM now immediately pops up this "DOWNLOAD THIS STUFF!" window on first run, and it's DAZ Studio, supporting content and Hexagon. They're overtly pushing users in a specific direction, and Carrara is nowhere in sight.
The only reason they even keep it alive is obviously because it's basically free money for them. No support. No marketing. Yet they can sell it for $285. Also, I'd wager the vast majority of people still buying early generation content are the Carrara users. So, it's almost pure profit for them. No brainer.
But anyway... Not expecting this to change. I'm just ranting.
Thanks!Why don't we have a ZBrush Sub forum in the software section?SnowSultan said:
Core has GoZ support? Do you have any tutorials that show where it's located and how to get it working with Studio?
No info on that, as I have the full ZBrush... So your search is as good as mine!
SnowSultan said:
It says on Pixelogic's website that they haven't charged for an upgrade in 21 years, so I don't think that's a problem. I was considering the six-month subscription too, but if you do that, you will have paid for Zbrush outright after a little over 2 years.
Core does open GoZ files, but I don't even know what that is (are files tempoarily saved in that format on exporting or something?). I installed the GoZ bridge through DAZ Central, but when I use it, Studio says that Zbrush cannot be found and I cannot find a place to specifiy Core's location.
Most likely due to Daz not supporting ZBCore, only supporting the full ZBrush program, which really sucks for people that want to get into ZBrush but who don't want to spend nearly $1k, though it is indeed worth every penny as too many idiot/greedy software devs have defaulted to the useless rent-ware route!
But I may be wrong and there may be a way to get it to work by either manually installing it or still point it to the ZBrush dialogue as it's pretty outdated anyway; mine still points to ZBrush 4r7!
DIM launches but then disappears and cannot be runI have Windows 10 Home with the 21H1 system update installed on my new PC. I need to install DIM so that I can install my DAZ3D content onto my new PC. DIM installs, but when I try launching it, it disappears from my screen after I sign. I tried using Windows troubleshooter to fix the problem, but no cure. I have not yet installed Daz Studio at this stage. I also have not installed Daz Central at this stage.
Any hints about what I should do ?
Why don't we have a ZBrush Sub forum in the software section?Reason being is the monthly suib is too expensive over a year, and the pay once only lifetime plan only gives you a year of free upgrades
It says on Pixelogic's website that they haven't charged for an upgrade in 21 years, so I don't think that's a problem. I was considering the six-month subscription too, but if you do that, you will have paid for Zbrush outright after a little over 2 years.
Core does open GoZ files, but I don't even know what that is (are files tempoarily saved in that format on exporting or something?). I installed the GoZ bridge through DAZ Central, but when I use it, Studio says that Zbrush cannot be found and I cannot find a place to specifiy Core's location.
No se ve la interfazHola! Me acabo de descargar daz central y cuando abro daz studio desde ahí no se me nada más que el fondo gris y la línea del tutorial abajo... Por más que estoy buscando qué le pasa no encuentro nada y la verdad es que es muy raro. He probado a desinstalaro e instalarlo de nuevo, pero nada. A ver si me podéis ayudar.. Gracias!!
Daz to Cinema 4D Bridge - Meet the TeamDAZ_sam said:
scobb3_60a649a03a said:
Since Daz Central isn't working right for me (will not update bridges), I've been downloading from Github and manually updating the bridges, and it was working well until recently. But now, the C4D plugin is not finding the exported files. Sometimes it says "you need to export from Daz first" when I already have.. sometimes it acts like it's going to import but then just hangs forever. I can go into the bridge folder and open the FBX, but then the auto IK does not work at all. Converting textures does! Also, if I export from DAZ with anything more than 0 subdivision, and open the FBX, it breaks the model (rig binding only recognizes the lowest subd level, and if you move a bone, it only moves certain points in the geometry... the result is weird and kind of cool looking, but NOT what you want in a character!) I assume this would not be the case if everything was working as it should. My situation is more complicated because I am a Mac user, and currently working between 2 computers... the new one is Big Sur, and not currently compatible with DAZ studio. Ive been using Daz on my older Mac, exporting from there, copying the bridge file to the new computer, where I use the C4D plugin to import. It was working well until the most recent updates. Now I cant get anything to work.
So the reason the newest version is not working for you is because the new file exporting wasn't being imported to the same computer. I removed that being needed in the version in the develop branch. There may be some other bugs in there at the moment but, if you use the newest version it should import on your mac that has your cinema 4d installed.
https://github.com/daz3d/DazToC4D/commits/develop
I will be making a beta very soon with a bunch of new features so, sorry if there is another bug I haven't noticed yet with my changes.
Thanks for your work. Unfortunately, that update didn't change anything for me. I did notice something - I opened the FIG.dtu file, and there were a lot of references to the file path from the other computer. I don't know how that works, exactly, but if the plugin is trying to follow those paths, it won't get anywhere.
Daz to Cinema 4D Bridge - Meet the Teamscobb3_60a649a03a said:
Since Daz Central isn't working right for me (will not update bridges), I've been downloading from Github and manually updating the bridges, and it was working well until recently. But now, the C4D plugin is not finding the exported files. Sometimes it says "you need to export from Daz first" when I already have.. sometimes it acts like it's going to import but then just hangs forever. I can go into the bridge folder and open the FBX, but then the auto IK does not work at all. Converting textures does! Also, if I export from DAZ with anything more than 0 subdivision, and open the FBX, it breaks the model (rig binding only recognizes the lowest subd level, and if you move a bone, it only moves certain points in the geometry... the result is weird and kind of cool looking, but NOT what you want in a character!) I assume this would not be the case if everything was working as it should. My situation is more complicated because I am a Mac user, and currently working between 2 computers... the new one is Big Sur, and not currently compatible with DAZ studio. Ive been using Daz on my older Mac, exporting from there, copying the bridge file to the new computer, where I use the C4D plugin to import. It was working well until the most recent updates. Now I cant get anything to work.
So the reason the newest version is not working for you is because the new file exporting wasn't being imported to the same computer. I removed that being needed in the version in the develop branch. There may be some other bugs in there at the moment but, if you use the newest version it should import on your mac that has your cinema 4d installed.
https://github.com/daz3d/DazToC4D/commits/develop
I will be making a beta very soon with a bunch of new features so, sorry if there is another bug I haven't noticed yet with my changes.











