-
Beehive hair for g9 or g8 that is polygonal
Quite the opposite, actually: export to OBJ is necessary, as FBX doesn't appear capable of exporting the curves that make up SBH. Set line tesselation to 0 to transfer the curves with no geometry, then convert them into your preferred 3D program's hair system.
Genesis 8.1 Character Skin Turns WhiteThank you for all your answers, I just found a mini tutorial that showed how to fix the issue!
: https://www.deviantart.com/ironclawroo/journal/Mini-Tutorial-Transfer-G8-Geoshells-to-G8-1-931797481Can you guys tell me if the 4.23 DazStudio version is that different from the 4.21 though? Like I mentioned earlier I avoided the update until now in fear this version would be too different and need me to re-learn how to use the studio. It took me 3 years to get where I am now so yeah... Let me know!
Some G8F Character Morphs do not work anymore...* SOLVED *Masterstroke said:
dainagon said:
None of my morphs are working, and nothing I do seems to fix it. Can anyone help?
in order to help, it needs more information.
How did you install the morph assets?
By hand (zip file)?
DIM?
Smart content?
Install path of DAZ studio and path of the content folder. Default or custom?Hi! I install everything manually. And my content folder is on my D drive. I have used DAZ for like 20 years and have NEVER had this problem so I have no clue what's wrong.
-Sarah
Accessories Distort when attached to characterebonartgallery said:
crosswind said:
n.aspros123 said:
crosswind said:
Distortion comes from the Auto Follow full body morph and partial body morphs from the figure... it's a commonly-seen issue. You can zero out the Auto Follow morph properties on the accessory (Show Hidden Property... firstly in Parameters pane...)
Thanks for replying. @crosswind.
I clicked where the arrow is and 4 lines. Preferences > Show Hidden Properties. I could not find Auto Follow morph...? See revs Equip 6 Param.
Select Currently Used, if the equipment is fitted on the figure - Jill, you should be able to see Auto Follow morphs.
Can you post an image of what that looks like. I'm trying the same thing and all I see is Fit To, and a bunch of unreadable dark-grey-on-black mess.
Okay. Attached ss 1 is a typical case with G8F (Victoria 8.1), Auto Follow morph with "FBM..." (full body morph) in the label of the hidden property on the wearable.
Ss 2 is a typical case with G9 (Victoria 9), Auto Follow morph with "...bs..." (blend shape) in the lable ~~
Accessories Distort when attached to charactercrosswind said:
n.aspros123 said:
crosswind said:
Distortion comes from the Auto Follow full body morph and partial body morphs from the figure... it's a commonly-seen issue. You can zero out the Auto Follow morph properties on the accessory (Show Hidden Property... firstly in Parameters pane...)
Thanks for replying. @crosswind.
I clicked where the arrow is and 4 lines. Preferences > Show Hidden Properties. I could not find Auto Follow morph...? See revs Equip 6 Param.
Select Currently Used, if the equipment is fitted on the figure - Jill, you should be able to see Auto Follow morphs.
Can you post an image of what that looks like. I'm trying the same thing and all I see is Fit To, and a bunch of unreadable dark-grey-on-black mess.
Eyes not closing as expectedIt's a commonly-seen issue on customized character as well as converted character. You need to make an MCM (Morph Corrective Morphs) on the eyelids for Eye Closed / Eye Blink.
How can I save model by himself without any morphs or figures neededcrosswind said:
How to 100% migrate everthing from old PC to new PC within 15 mins : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9128591/#Comment_9128591
@Leana thanks you both! I will try it out when I will buy my new PC! Hope it will be good transfer :) Thanksy!
About the g9 character deformation is very strange(solved)you mentioned G8 with breastacular doesnt look exactly like G9 with breastacular. Are they supposed to look the same? Are you comparing like with like (base with base, clone with clone) I am not familiar with the product but might pay to check and ensure your expectations of how they should look and work is correct.
If you believe there is an issue with your morph library, and you want to pinpoint the issue, it is probably best to test each potential issue one at a time , instead of applying 10 potentially faulty things (morphs and geografts) on the figure at once and then trying to deduce which one is causing the problem. It's difficult to identify what the issue is from your screenshots because there are too many different variables at play (character morphs and geografts)
Potential problem 1: There is a morph active on your base figure at all times. To identify this you need to do as Richard above suggested, to load fresh G9 base figure and dont dial in any other shapes. Then, zero the figure to manually set all morphs to zero, which will even set all non-zero defaults to zero. See if anything changes on the appearance of the figure. If nothing changes when zeroing the figure, then you have no other morphs active with non-zero default values on the base. You can also check under Currently Used after zeroing the figure to see if there is anything now zero'd that is not at its default value, which would indicate that it has a non-zero default.
Potential problem 2: Issue with your purchased character morphs or geograft morphs. Dial them in one at a time to find which morphs are faulty. Ensure your expecations for how they should look is correct by comparing to product promos or checking with someone else with the product. Check for updates. Reinstall if there are updates. You gave the example that rdaughter's Cici Body Morph did not look like references, but were the references using Breastacular? Are you sure you are comparing the same things...
About the g9 character deformation is very strange(solved)lilweep said:
I personally dont see the problem in the 3 x images in the original post. The only problem i see is when you have applied a morph, in this case the Cici Body Apply morph. You have said the problem occurs with all body morphs, but the images you've shown contradict that.
Another thing to point out is that you have a Geograft applied (Breastacular). Click on the Breastacular geograft in the Scene tab or the Properties tab to see if there are morphs applied to that.
Curious to know if you have just tried starting over again, and if the problem still persists on fresh scene/figure. I ask this to check if it is an issue with your content library/installations or if it it just an issue with something you did to the figure within the Scene file.
Thanks for your reply. I have been using DAZ for more than three years. I used to use G8 character models. I think my G9 models are weird, especially the breasts. I think it must be a problem with the Morphs, but I can't find which one because I have disabled both the hidden and visible Morphs. The result is still weird because normal female breasts should be round and full, not deformed.
But I seem to have found a way to make the breasts look less weird, that is, use Breastacular to adjust the rotation of the chest bones. Otherwise, under normal zero conditions, the breasts are still overly separated and drooping.
About the g9 character deformation is very strange(solved)I personally dont see the problem in the 3 x images in the original post. The only problem i see is when you have applied a morph, in this case the Cici Body Apply morph. You have said the problem occurs with all body morphs, but the images you've shown contradict that.
Another thing to point out is that you have a Geograft applied (Breastacular). Click on the Breastacular geograft in the Scene tab or the Properties tab to see if there are morphs applied to that.
Curious to know if you have just tried starting over again, and if the problem still persists on fresh scene/figure. I ask this to check if it is an issue with your content library/installations or if it it just an issue with something you did to the figure within the Scene file.
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICIvangelrise said:
Capito, grazie! Magari la provo, visto il prezzo basso.
Funziona senza problemi ma tieni conto che non sarà identica ai promo senza il morph di Victoria7
head morph splitIt seems to be a wrongly-made product. And because the character is taller than G9 Base, if you used HeadSplit dFormer, you would get a "giraffe".
You can, first of all, make the character have the same height as G9 Base by dialing the property Proportion Height. Export it to OBJ with Base Res..
Load a fresh G9 Dev Load and HeadSplit dFormer, import OBJ as a head morph with Morph Loader Pro + Attenuate by.... Then you should be able to get the correct result.
If you find the head morph is still small, try dialing Proportion Head Size to some extent.
BTW, Shape Rigger has nothing to do with the above workflow... it's used for Adjust Rigging to Shape as well as ERC Freeze ~~~
head morph splitHello everyone.
Im not super advanced with daz, but I've been working in it for some time.
Ive purchased a model (gen9) that has an issue with morphs. The head morph will only work properly when the body morph is applied as well. The thing is, I do not want to use the body morph.
I tried so far: exporting the body under the influence of both as an object, (I made sure the resolution is at base, I toggled off all the eyes, mouth etc.) when I loaded it back in it had the exact same issue but now with the distorted body. I tried head shape splitting, but its incredibly hard to make it look good because the model is so stretched. my first attempt made a giraffe, my second made a small head with incorrect neck placement. Im willing to use Zbrush if I must, but I need to know what I might be doing wrong.
Ah I also used shape rigger plus to check if the issue is with armature, it did nothing to fix it.AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICIvangelrise said:
Ma nel caso di un personaggio come questo:
https://www.daz3d.com/eira-g3f-v7
dice "required products Victoria 7", ma sotto c'è "compatible figures Genesis 3".
Se leggete la descrizione sotto dice cose come Character of a variety of types to fit the sexy & fantasy theme of any of your G3F.
These morphs are very realistic and provide a lot of flexibility for G3F.Io sono confuso: devo avere Victoria 7 per usare questo personaggio o mi funziona anche su G3F?
Ti funziona anche con la sola G3F ma per avere la stessa figura devi avere anche Victoria 7.
Praticamente è un morph da applicare alla G3F con attivo il morph di Victoria 7 (si somma al morph di V7).
A volte questi prodotti potrebbero non includere alcuni elementi perchè li riusano (magri la Skin è la stessa di V7 e dunque se non hai V7 ti manca la texture della pelle e dunque non puoi usare i materiali).AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICIvangelrise said:
Ma nel caso di un personaggio come questo:
https://www.daz3d.com/eira-g3f-v7
dice "required products Victoria 7", ma sotto c'è "compatible figures Genesis 3".
Se leggete la descrizione sotto dice cose come Character of a variety of types to fit the sexy & fantasy theme of any of your G3F.
These morphs are very realistic and provide a lot of flexibility for G3F.Io sono confuso: devo avere Victoria 7 per usare questo personaggio o mi funziona anche su G3F?
Funziona con tutte e due. Victoria 7 è un morph di Genesis 3 female, a cui credo abbiano aggiunto alcuni miglioramenti sul rigging e una maggiore definizione dei dettagli. Se applichi quel character a V7 ottieni esattamente quello che vedi nella pagina del prodotto, dato che vengono usate le features (e i morph) di V7. Se lo applichi su G3 funziona lo stesso, nel senso che ottieni qualcosa di molto simile ma che non sfrutta le caratteristiche di V7. In genere la cosa è più evidente nelle caratteristiche facciali, dove il viso viene un po' diverso, anche se di poco.
Questa cosa la DAZ l'ha fatta con G3, G8 e mi pare lo stia facendo anche con G9, praticamente fanno uscire dei personaggi basati sui vari Genesis a cui apportano delle migliorie (facendosele pagare benino, oltretutto)
About the g9 character deformation is very strange(solved)lilweep said:
Well we can see that there is a non-zero morph even in that screenshot. In your Properties panel, the Cici Body Apply morph is still showing as non-zero, thus you have not zero'd the figure
You said in OP
My g9 character always looks weird no matter what body morph I use
Is that true? Or is it only true that your morph "Cici Body Apply" is the one that "always looks weird"?
Being accurate about what the problem is could be useful for diagnostic purposes.
If it's only one morph that looks weird, then logic dictates that it is that morph that has the problem...
Yes, because I had to use body deformation, I zeroed the character and needed to test if it was normal, but the result was still excessive sagging and separation of the breasts, which was very strange. I don't know what the problem is, or if other people are the same as me, and this is seriously different from the reference picture when purchasing the product.
And it's not that body, every body has the problem, but this didn't happen in the g8, so I've been using the g8 models, but the G9 female models have a more polished looking face, so I tried using the G9, but I get this problem that I can't solve.
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICIvangelrise said:
Ma quindi, per esempio, una Victoria 7 sta a Genesis 8 come ci starebbe una G3? Cioè qualcosa di antecedente ma comunque compatibile, oppure è proprio un personaggio a sé con outfit suoi, morph suoi, ecc.?
Di base dovresti tenere conto del numero SOLO se ha una rilevanza per i morph o i prodotti che ti interessano.
Ora provo a spiegarti meglio.
Praticamente hanno mantenuto una "numerazione" costante per quanto riguarda la "famiglia", tipo Victoria 1,2,3,4 e via dicendo. Tuttavia con l'arrivo delle figure Genesis questa numerazione si è un pò spezzata in quanto si trattava di un salto enorme rispetto alle figure precedenti in quanto in passato ogni figura era a sè e con Genesis venivano tutte assorbite da una sola base.
Quindi si hanno: Victoria pre-Genesis (e tutti gli altri annesi) che vanno da 1 a 4 singolarmente (ognuno è una figura a sè) poi si hanno Victoria ( e tutti gli altri ) che arrivano su Genesis1 e prendono il numero 5. Ma di base si tratta solo di un morph per mantenere viva la "linea famigliare" e per distinguerla dalla generazione 4.
Quando esce Genesis2 le figure vengono separate come generi (uomo e donna) e le figure "famigliari" prendono il numero 6 per mantenere la numerazione.
Arriva Genesis3 ancora separato per generi e tutti i personaggi classici prendono il numero 7.
Genesis8 si chiama così solo per "riallineare" il numero della "famiglia" con quello della base. E in Genesis9 si è mantenuto questo passo.
In pratica tu lavori su Genesis1, Genesis3 o Genesis9, il numero 5 sui personaggi per Genesis1 sono solo "decorativi" e servono sprattutto per distinguere i nuovi morph che necessitano, per dire, di Victoria5 per esser pienamente funzionali.
Alla fin fine, Victoria5 è solo "Victoria per Genesis1", Victoria6 è "Victoria per Genesis2Female" e via dicendo.
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICIvangelrise said:
Imago said:
La generazione precedente andava da Victoria 1 a Victoria 4, poi con l'arrivo di Genesis c'è stata una doppia nomenclatura: Genesis e Victoria 5. Poi è arrivato Genesis2 e il nuovo sotto-nome Victoria 6.
Con la sventurata nascita di Genesis3 è poi giunto il nome Victoria 7... A quel punto, vista la confusione che due o tre utenti hanno percecipto, hanno deciso ti tagliare la testa al toro e chiamare la generazione successiva solo Genesis8 e poi Genesis9.
poi, se mi sbalio mi corigerete.
Ma quindi, per esempio, una Victoria 7 sta a Genesis 8 come ci starebbe una G3? Cioè qualcosa di antecedente ma comunque compatibile, oppure è proprio un personaggio a sé con outfit suoi, morph suoi, ecc.?
Un tempo (fino al 4) Victoria e Michael erano figure a parte (come anche i vari David, Star, Aiko, ecc..).
Poi la DAZ creò i Genesis 1. Siccome però la gente era ancora affezionata alle vecchie figure, la DAZ creò delle versioni nuove di quelle figure (Michael 5 e Victoria 5) che però erano morph e texture per Genesis 1 (in modo che così la gente passasse a Genesis 1 ma rimanesse familiare coi nomi Victoria e Michael).
Con l'uscita di Genesis 2 ripeterono la cosa (Michael 6 e Victoria 6) vendendo nuovamente i morph visto che ormai i nomi erano famosi.
La cosa è ormai una consuetudine e anche oggi coi Genesis 9 abbiamo Michael e Victoria 9 che sono dei morph con texture.AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICIImago said:
La generazione precedente andava da Victoria 1 a Victoria 4, poi con l'arrivo di Genesis c'è stata una doppia nomenclatura: Genesis e Victoria 5. Poi è arrivato Genesis2 e il nuovo sotto-nome Victoria 6.
Con la sventurata nascita di Genesis3 è poi giunto il nome Victoria 7... A quel punto, vista la confusione che due o tre utenti hanno percecipto, hanno deciso ti tagliare la testa al toro e chiamare la generazione successiva solo Genesis8 e poi Genesis9.
poi, se mi sbalio mi corigerete.
Ma quindi, per esempio, una Victoria 7 sta a Genesis 8 come ci starebbe una G3? Cioè qualcosa di antecedente ma comunque compatibile, oppure è proprio un personaggio a sé con outfit suoi, morph suoi, ecc.?
About the g9 character deformation is very strange(solved)Well we can see that there is a non-zero morph even in that screenshot. In your Properties panel, the Cici Body Apply morph is still showing as non-zero, thus you have not zero'd the figure
You said in OP
My g9 character always looks weird no matter what body morph I use
Is that true? Or is it only true that your morph "Cici Body Apply" is the one that "always looks weird"?
Being accurate about what the problem is could be useful for diagnostic purposes.
If it's only one morph that looks weird, then logic dictates that it is that morph that has the problem...










