-
Has anyone tried Nvidia Omniverse to render Iray from Blender?
My problem is not only at rendering time.
But also posing mulitple times in a complex scene. Which I find very slow and high time cost.
That's why I'm considering to be able to do it on blender for time saver.
Of course if I just do it for a one time scene, it is as you said, not worth so much.
But if I had to do it multiple times, than it could be a game changer for me.Nnvidia omniverse says it can skip the hasle of doing export-import part and collobarate with different softwares. It can do real time update.
Diffeomorphic on LinuxUnless something has changed, the import needs the DAZ files, but once saved as a Blender file, it does not.
Export Import Texture namesmmoch25 said:
crosswind said:
mmoch25 said:
I've been editing meshes and then exporting/importing them to fix the changes, rather than saving them as a figure/prop.
Anyway when I import the obj it changes the texture names, making it impossible to just cut and paste the textures.
The original textures will be something like
wall
wall trim 01
But once they're imported it's changed to
wall_MAIN_Wall_02
wall_trim_01_MAIN_Wall_02
I know I can just rename them, but is there a box to check when exporting that keeps the original names?
If you meant OBJ format... Well, OBJ format doesn't support space character in both surface name and file name ~~ For instance:
- if there're space characters in Surface name, it'll auto-add underscore characters
- if you export to OBJ with a file name in which there're space characters, then it won't work with *.mtl file, i.e. no texture will be assigned when importing OBJ object, yada yada ~~So what is the best format for purely exporting and importing, not concerned about editing, I just want to simplify the mesh, e.g. remove bones, zero it out, relocate the transform widgets etc
No doubt that's still OBJ format... Well, I have to say as long as a content creator well understands how OBJ format works, he/she should never type in space character when naming a surface / group, etc.
So, if you encounter such a case like the above one, just modify them... I have no idea if there's any other better way...
Premier QuestionsOrangeFalcon said:
johnjohn808 said:
I`m asking as a semi prodessional Daz artist.
Am I getting this correct? If I as a comic book creator, used a morph from one of the exclusive characters to create a new character to add to an ongoing comic series, I`d have to keep subscribing every month to keep that character in my storyline?If so, Premier is not feesible as it would cut into profit from the sales of my comics.
It`s hypothetical because I make my own characters from merchant resources, but just incase ( It doesn`t have to be a character) I wanted to kit bash something like a chair from an interior that was exclusive to Premier membership.
You would be correct. Once you unsub, no more Premier content. I hopefully see this model (pun intended) going away after the backlash and having the tier structured for just discounts, something everyone can enjoy.
Presumably in that specific case you could create your character, export it as an obj, then re-import it as a morph?
Daz Connect not working properlyHave you logged in in daz Studio with Update Metadata checked, or used the Connect>Update metadata command while logged in?
Anime Toons and Filatoon Shader Q&AOrangeFalcon said:
Here's a test of just having a Distant Light (8k lumens) and a Spotlight (20k lumens) right next to her, pulled back only on the X axis. Try resetting your environment setting, increasing the disparity between the lumens for both lights and then play with the spread angle.
Where did you get that magic broom? I looked at the page with the products and don't see it listed there. I must have it O_O
I'm using the default distant light in the Genesis 9 Toon folder and don't remember tweaking (at least not in a way that made the problem worse or better).
OrangeFalcon said:
Where did you get that magic broom? I looked at the page with the products and don't see it listed there. I must have it O_O
I tried to list every product I used in a render but I can't list products not available on Daz

In this case, I usually list them all in the render's description, in 'the saw and the hammer' section. I usually don't add a link because I'm not sure what are the rules on the gallery for links (and they are not clickable, so…).
It's a model from an artist named Forel'', who shared it under a CC Attribution licence on Sketchfab:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/magic-broom-3f4da67028f6474084c0c3f1f102a99b
I converted it for Daz Studio (through Blender as far as I remember, to get an OBJ file: the original file is not rigged so no reason to try to use the, back then, not that great Daz Studio FBX importer) then felt like the gendarme in a Seven company movie (to bomb a bridge, he's supposed to put the blue thread on the blue button and the red thread on the red one, except the detonator has a white and a green button) while trying to know where to put the various textures files. Then I rigged it, to be able to pose the footrest and the chain with the lantern and did my first render with it, creating a pose in the process.
When Daz released FilaToon, it felt like the broom could look very nice with it, so I upgraded it, fixing some mistakes I made back then, adding a dForce static modifier to the broom (mainly to be able to make the leaf invisible to simulation by default instead of letting them mess with skirts and dress…), converting each surface with various FilaToon presets and I also finished converting my original pose to every base figure since Genesis 3 (so G3F, G3M, etc, up to G9BAF and G9BAM).
If you're willing to wait, as far as I understand it, the CC licence allows me to share my work so I'm trying to put the finishing touches (like finding how to add metadata, package everything properly to avoid the common pitfall with freebies, like files not included or included but with an absolute path tailored for the creator's own computer -- it would be fun to have Daz for Windows trying to make sense of an absolute MacOS path though-- write the attribution, etc) on all of that.
elsephster said:
I ran into the same problem but then I finally found the Ray Length setting under Display was the solution. I have no idea why this is under Display instead of Light, but at least it worked. The default setting is only 2.5, which is very short.
Oh, nice, I'll keep that in mind.
Diffeomorphic on LinuxA silly question, is the absolute path file only used while importing ? or is the file needed on the Linux machine also.
In my case I import from DAZ running on a Windows machine to Blender (same machine so also windows), all the contents are then copied to another machine running Blender on Linux where I want to use it without any DS involvement.
As far as I understand from the blogpost the file generated is only used at import from DAZ and is not used after the import has completed, is that correct ?
Same question about the checkbox "Case-sensitive path", do I need to set that on the Linux machine even if I am never going to actually import on it ?
Or would it be better to map the DAZ content drive so the Linux machine can access it to import using Blender on the Linux machine instead of copying the imported contents from Blender(Win) to Blender(Linux) ?
Note: I always use the "Save local textures" to copy the texture files if that makes any difference.
Hope I did not make that sound too confusing ;)
How do you change the pictures in Smart Content?I had fixed a thumbnail for a shoe product that was released with the thumbnail for a hair product. And then there was an update to the shoes, the hair thumbnail showed back up. I submitted a ticket to DAZ and after 9 months someone acknowledged it. More months passed, and then they told me to use Daz Connect to receive the update. Why can't they release the correction by way of DIM updates? Dummy me, I have been through this before, I did use Connect and my carefully groomed and fixed metadata, with my own sub-categories were gone.
Daz Connect is poison for anyone who uses Smart Content. And that is one reason I won't opt for Premiere. Unless I set up a completely independent system, isolated to download the products pused, then copy the files over to my protected systems I work on.
Export Import Texture namescrosswind said:
mmoch25 said:
I've been editing meshes and then exporting/importing them to fix the changes, rather than saving them as a figure/prop.
Anyway when I import the obj it changes the texture names, making it impossible to just cut and paste the textures.
The original textures will be something like
wall
wall trim 01
But once they're imported it's changed to
wall_MAIN_Wall_02
wall_trim_01_MAIN_Wall_02
I know I can just rename them, but is there a box to check when exporting that keeps the original names?
If you meant OBJ format... Well, OBJ format doesn't support space character in both surface name and file name ~~ For instance:
- if there're space characters in Surface name, it'll auto-add underscore characters
- if you export to OBJ with a file name in which there're space characters, then it won't work with *.mtl file, i.e. no texture will be assigned when importing OBJ object, yada yada ~~So what is the best format for purely exporting and importing, not concerned about editing, I just want to simplify the mesh, e.g. remove bones, zero it out, relocate the transform widgets etc
Export Import Texture namesmmoch25 said:
I've been editing meshes and then exporting/importing them to fix the changes, rather than saving them as a figure/prop.
Anyway when I import the obj it changes the texture names, making it impossible to just cut and paste the textures.
The original textures will be something like
wall
wall trim 01
But once they're imported it's changed to
wall_MAIN_Wall_02
wall_trim_01_MAIN_Wall_02
I know I can just rename them, but is there a box to check when exporting that keeps the original names?
If you meant OBJ format... Well, OBJ format doesn't support space character in both surface name and file name ~~ For instance:
- if there're space characters in Surface name, it'll auto-add underscore characters
- if you export to OBJ with a file name in which there're space characters, then it won't work with *.mtl file, i.e. no texture will be assigned when importing OBJ object, yada yada ~~[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]Dieter said:
Dieter said:
RiverSoft Art said:
RiverSoft Art said:
Dieter said:
Sorry,
Hello Riversoft;
after the last update of DAZ Studio to version 4.22.0.19
after installing the metadata in the smart content CW is not closed properly.
Either items of clothing or figures from different stores remain in the scene!
Is there an update or another solution for this?It's pretty annoying to have to close and restart DAZ every time!
Thanks
DieterI'll investigate.
For me, CW finishes. However, it IS slower. Looking at the Daz log for when CW is installing Smart Content, I see a lot of this:
2024-10-09 07:07:55.928 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene... 2024-10-09 07:10:39.938 [INFO] :: Loaded image: Fabric 1_Color.jpg 2024-10-09 07:10:39.975 [WARNING] :: QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected 2024-10-09 07:10:40.092 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***Notice the BIG time gap between when the script calls Scene.clear() and the scene ACTUALLY being cleared. I don't think I can do anything about that. The call is an atomic operation (i.e., one line of code) that the script has no control over. I will keep investigating though.
Hello Riversoft,
I tried to install some files with CW again today and again encountered the problem I mentioned!
After installing in Smart Content, the last piece of clothing or figure remains in the viewport and cannot be deleted without canceling CW and DAZ Studio.
Even after waiting for over 10 minutes, nothing happened!
The metadata is saved correctly!
Attached is the log file and a screen shot
Dieter
What version of DS are you using? I am not seeing this at all. In fact, with 4.23.0.1 I am not seeing the slowdown either.
Export Import Texture namesI've been editing meshes and then exporting/importing them to fix the changes, rather than saving them as a figure/prop.
Anyway when I import the obj it changes the texture names, making it impossible to just cut and paste the textures.
The original textures will be something like
wall
wall trim 01
But once they're imported it's changed to
wall_MAIN_Wall_02
wall_trim_01_MAIN_Wall_02
I know I can just rename them, but is there a box to check when exporting that keeps the original names?
Importing DAE filesI have a DAE file, but I don't know if the file is complete or if DAZ is havinf trouble loading it. I tried importing it into Blender, but they don't have an option for DAE files. It will import bits and pieces of the file, but it wont come in fully.
Here is a link to the file
[Released] OBJ Companion [Commercial]Richard Haseltine said:
Export and import are inverse - if you export at 200% you need to import at 50%. So, you need to set thee xport value to get the right scale for ZBrush and then, presumably, the tool will invert that for import to gt the right scale for an item coming from ZBrush.
Ah thank you. That was the missing piece. For me it's 1% - but now it's working as it should. Very handy.
Has anyone tried Nvidia Omniverse to render Iray from Blender?I asked chatgpt, it said I can render Iray from Blender in Nvidia Omniverse.
Nvidia Omniverse AFAIK it's like a platform to connect things without needing to do export-import.
So edit in blender, pops up directly on Omniverse.I'm wondering has anyone tried it?
Could you share some experience, before I dive into their tutorials.
Is there's a script that can scan a library and all moved folders and repair the database?
Lucky to see your reply before I use itcrosswind said:Oh, no, Update Metadata has nothing to do with OP's case and it may bring other unexpected issues as per the existing metadata in cms database. So be careful when using this function.
Is there's a script that can scan a library and all moved folders and repair the database?Oh, no, Update Metadata has nothing to do with OP's case and it may bring other unexpected issues as per the existing metadata in cms database. So be careful when using this function.
Is there's a script that can scan a library and all moved folders and repair the database?
I find a option called Update Metadata in Help & login in menu.Is it works?James said:Is there's a script that can scan a library and all moved folders and repair the database for each path?
How do you change the pictures in Smart Content?Richard Haseltine said:
crosswind said:
Richard Haseltine said:
crosswind said:
jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:
Is refresh smart content different from update metadata? Because when I click update metadata it wants to sign me in. That's when I say "Uh oh" and don't want to go any further.
As the one who ever experienced quite a few lessons and learns from Daz Connect, I personnally suggest you NEVER do Update Metadata unless you have an absolute need... like acquiring a Premier Exlusive asset.
Why ? Because DS will update the corrected metadata, thumbnail pictures, yada yada with the wrong one.

That should, I believe, be a thing of the past
New Update Metadata option, fixes and enhancement in terms of functionality for Daz Connect make something past... However, the most important thing at least to me, Metadata, mostly not. Wrong metadata are still wrong, are still pushed to my database while Updating Metadata.
I intentionally tested it again with Update Metadata after years' of being away from Daz Connect ... ( of course I backed up cms database beforehand...), yike, yike, Lost and Found, wrong and garbage Categories, yada yada, continued to show in Smart Content, the corrected data in cms was brutally overwritten by Connect....
You better give it a test. Richard ~~
Edit: However, if you never modifed and/or made correction to Product Metadata, you probably will not see any difference in your Smart Content, then that'll be another story. On my side, my Smart Content is neat and clean as I almost fixed 98%+ wrong things there... since I started using DS.
If you fix the vendor data then the system has no way to know that the changes should be preserved - it is not the best way to do the job, certainly from that perspective. See the Underlying Mechanisms section here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1000831/#Comment_1000831
Thanks for the link ! I'm still studying the Connect mechanism... I think I can find a better solution ~
[Released] OBJ Companion [Commercial]Export and import are inverse - if you export at 200% you need to import at 50%. So, you need to set thee xport value to get the right scale for ZBrush and then, presumably, the tool will invert that for import to gt the right scale for an item coming from ZBrush.





