• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • OBJ Morph Loader Import stopped working in 4.23

    Nevermind, I spot the problem. The issue is with the string:

    oMorphLoader.setMorphSubdivision( true );

    which was fine up to v. 4.22, but in 4.23 it must be false.

    As a result, sample Silent OBJ Morph Loader Import stopped working.

    I hope it will be fixed soon.

    By

    matew matew December 2024 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
  • (Released) FK dForce Charmed Soul Jewelry Set

    Fabiana said:

    Hello @barbult!

    I am glad you didn´t return them because they look very nice there! So sorry to know that the ausence of metadata is still a problem.
    Fortunately all the new sets of course will have it to suit all the user´s needs!

    And you probably will get some more rings anytime soon ;)

    More rings coming! Good to hear.

    By

    barbult barbult December 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • red eyes in filatoon character imported in Blender

    @Padone What is the "toon" preset in easy import? I am using the latest version of Diffeomorphic, 4.2.1 and I have no toon preset, only default and genesis 1 to 9.

    By

    andrerspcorreia andrerspcorreia December 2024 in Blender Discussion
  • (Released) FK dForce Charmed Soul Jewelry Set

    Hello @barbult!

    I am glad you didn´t return them because they look very nice there! So sorry to know that the ausence of metadata is still a problem.
    Fortunately all the new sets of course will have it to suit all the user´s needs!

    And you probably will get some more rings anytime soon ;)

    By

    Fabiana Fabiana December 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • OBJ Morph Loader Import stopped working in 4.23

    Hello!

    Yesterday, I prepared and submitted my new asset for review. This asset heavily relies on importing OBJ files as morphs via ascripts.
    I based my work on this example:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/import_obj_morph_loader_silent/start

    Everything worked perfectly in version 4.22. However, today I updated DAZ Studio to version 4.23.0.1, and now all my scripts have stopped working!
    When importing an OBJ as a morph, I get the following error: "Geometry did not match, failed to create morph."

    After many attempts to fix the issue, I decided to run the example script from http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/import_obj_morph_loader_silent/start without any modifications.
    But surprisingly, it also throws the same error: "Geometry did not match, failed to create morph!"
    At the same time, if I load the OBJ file manually using Morph Loader Pro, everything works perfectly!
    This means my OBJ file is created correctly.

    In the scene, there is only a single figure in base resolution — Genesis 8 Female. I’ve removed all wearables from the scene. The export is done either using this example:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/export_obj_silent/start
    without any edits, or manually — the result is the same in both cases: Morph Loader Pro creates the morph without any issues, but the scripts don’t work, not even the provided example script without a single modification.

    I’ve checked and double-checked all the import/export settings a hundred times — nothing has changed.

    I’ve put so much effort into my asset, and now it turns out that after updating to version 4.23, it doesn’t work anymore! This is driving me crazy.

    Can anyone suggest what can be done?
    Thank you!

    By

    matew matew December 2024 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
  • The Mac FAQ

    @inquire, I am posting a link to SloshWerks' YouTube video on the steps to adding Metadata to your products so they will be added to Smart Content. I had to learn to do this because I have a lot of older products that were prior to Smart Content, RDNA, some freebies, or HiveWire and Renderosity purchases and before Content Wizard. And I am anal retentive and it drove me crazy to have hundreds of items in 'Lost and Found'. This is an older video but does the job.

    I haven't watched a more recent video that is part of the DAZ Master Class series but I thought to offer it to you also.

    But if these don't help, my Google search query was: 'how to assign smart content in daz studio' and a number of YouTube videos and DAZ forum threads popped up with that.

    Mary

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Suggestions on horrible topology repair from 3rd party purchase

    As per the topology shown in the OP's image, the clothing was made in Marvelous Designer, with its mesh quadrangulated. It's pretty commonly-seen on the garments made with MD without further remesh or retopology... but they can work pretty well in DS.

    The issue around the crotch area comes from the weight. If you rig the pants yourself, you better fix the weight or smooth them in Blender then import as an OBJ to update the Base Geometry. Those "swords like" geometry on the sides seemingly comes from Smoothing Modifier, you may set Generic in Smoothing Type, and/or try setting Bilinear in SubDivision Algorithm.

    That "broken mesh" in the above image might not come from geometry welding from MD... that may come from mesh dragging while Simulating the garment in MD... check this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8990686/#Comment_8990686

    You better fix it if you want to make it dForce ready... otherwise the garment may explode or collide to nowhere in simulation. But fixing it may require more techniques as you mostly like will lose its UV with simple ways of fixing ~~

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in The Commons
  • (Released) FK dForce Charmed Soul Jewelry Set

    Charmed Soul Necklace and Espiritu Bohemio Rings for Genesis 9 Feminine . The earrings are from another vendor.

    I almost returned the rings when I discovered that they have no metadata. But I kept them, because I don't have very many G9 rings. I am disgusted that Daz is filling their store with imported products that they don't bother to support with readme files or metadata. Fabiana is one of the few vendors that I would even consider buying one of these products from. Most are just not worth the effort. This is no criticism of Fabiana; it is not her responsibility to provide metatdata; all that is the job of Daz, and they have chosen to ignore it, because it might take some work. Grrr.

    By

    barbult barbult December 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • How to properly package a model for distribution?

    Packing content assets manually is always the quickest and safest way... Content Gatherer which was proved to be cumbersome and waste of time in my journey of making things. It turns out to be useless... at least for me.

    If you don't want to make installation package with metadata for use with DIM, copy / paste data, runtime and user-facing folders to target product folder will be very fast.

    If you want to make installation package with metadata for the customers, Content Wizard is a must-to-have tool.

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • dforce Combat suit V missing files?

    Yes, it's just because this product has no metadata. This product originated from Rendo site but when it was brought to this store, Daz gave no metadata to it before releasing to the store. You may fill a support ticket but I'm afraid you won't get answer... as far as I know from the situation of other similar products...

    I bought this product from Rendo and I installed it by using Content Wizard so everything is fine. If you want to have it in Smart Content, you can either install it with Content Wizard or by using the action of Create a Product from... in Content Library

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Anime Toons and Filatoon Shader Q&A

    Elor said:

    crosswind said:

    I've not seen such a sub-category yet, though I have one product XI Anime Motorcycle. The category of filatoon Mat. Preset are wrongly assigned to Default/Materials/Iray/Vehicles which should've been Default/Materials/FilaToon/Vehicles.

    Thank you !

    It's too bad because there is already plenty of categories under Default/Materials/FilaToon.

    I wasn't sure I could but I was able to create it while assigning metadata to a filatoon mat presets (avoiding spelling mistakes due to the proximity of some words between French and English by using Copy-Paste and replacing Iray by FilaToon blush).

    Now I just have to test if it'll survive being packaged and installed in another computer.

    Yea, no problem ! You can freely add the sub-ategory you need and assign it to the user-facing files. Then save / update the medatada file (*.dsx file) for packaging the product. When installing the product or importing metadata file in another computer, that category will be created accordingly.

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in The Commons
  • VERSUS - Exnem dForce Cocktail Dress A for Genesis 8 Female

    You use Daz Connect ? And "they're nowhere in my library" means that you could not find it in Smart Content or Content Libary or DAZ Connect folder physically ?

    I believe this product has no metadata as it is one of the product batch created when quite a few emigrees from Rendo rushed in, so you won't find it in Smart Content other than Content Library.

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • VERSUS - Exnem dForce Cocktail Dress A for Genesis 8 Female

    If you are updating in Daz Studio you are using Connect, which is different from DIM. Is that how you usually install products?

    If the base product is just copied into the library, there hasn't been assigned a comptability base, and therefore the textures wont show if you look after materiels.

    It should work if you just find the textures in your content library and then apply. Else you could add metadata, to the original product and set a comptability base. Look at the textures what they are looking for.

    By

    felis felis December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Anime Toons and Filatoon Shader Q&A

    crosswind said:

    I've not seen such a sub-category yet, though I have one product XI Anime Motorcycle. The category of filatoon Mat. Preset are wrongly assigned to Default/Materials/Iray/Vehicles which should've been Default/Materials/FilaToon/Vehicles.

    Thank you !

    It's too bad because there is already plenty of categories under Default/Materials/FilaToon.

    I wasn't sure I could but I was able to create it while assigning metadata to a filatoon mat presets (avoiding spelling mistakes due to the proximity of some words between French and English by using Copy-Paste and replacing Iray by FilaToon blush).

    Now I just have to test if it'll survive being packaged and installed in another computer.

    By

    Elor Elor December 2024 in The Commons
  • Is there a way to get clothing to interact with other clothing in a simulation?

    Enabling Mesh Smoothing on the outer clothing and changing the Collision Item from the character figure to the inner clothing can sometimes yield good results.

    If you want the Collision Item to be not just "one inner clothing" but "the character and inner clothing" or "multiple inner clothing", you can export and import them together to make them a single object, and then specify that object as the Collision Item. This should work well.

    By

    CES3D CES3D December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Strange Surface Artifacts on Imported Mesh (OBJ.)

    I have an object with fractured segments that I'm trying to import from Blender. The Blender version is perfectly fine, but when I import the .OBJ into DAZ, I guess this weird surface. It's smooth in blender, but for some reason, it's like the normals are messed up when imported into DAZ.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue? What do you suppose could be done?

    By

    felixtrey2003 felixtrey2003 December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is Daz Support Dead?

    crosswind said:

    johranshadi said:

    crosswind said:

    As for script products like LimbStick and plugin products like TackyFeet, never install them via Daz Connect. Firstly check and uninstall them in Smart Content by right-click on the thumbnails of the product > Uninstall, then download and install them via DIM.

    For TackyFeet, after installation, go to the folder: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins, make sure you can locate a file TackyFeet.dll. Then launch DS, Help > About Installed Plugins... activate it by entering its Serial Number that you can find on the page of your Daz account: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

    Then relaunch DS, you should be able to find TackyFeet under Windows > Panes (Tabs)...

     

    Noted thanks.

    I can't findTackyfeet in Smart Content or elsewhere so it's probably not installed. But the problem is I can't download Tackyfeet using DIM. 

    Ah, sorry I forgot to mention... all plugin products don't have metadata so you cannot find TackyFeet in Smart Content ~~ Have you noticed the Database Icon in DIM as per the screenshot you attached ? It's in light grey color meaning there's no metadata imported. (screenshot 1).

    And that -1 bytes means no files was ever installed or some files are missing or wrongly installed. That dotline around Uninstall means the installation package was deleted (not in Download archive folder.)

    So you can just click Uninstall in DIM, then you should see the product package of TackyFeet appears under Ready to Download tab. If you cannot find it, check Plugin in Download Filter under Ready to Download tab.

    Then re-install it.

    Okay, I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I installed the plugin the first time, it showed an error of "-1 bytes." After that, I would refresh the DIM and find Tackyfeet in the Download tab, mistakenly thinking it wasn't installed. Thanks to you and Richard, I realized I should uninstall the plugin before refreshing the DIM, and then the installation finally went through. I added the serial number, and it's working now.

    Thanks, everyone

    By

    johranshadi johranshadi December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Christmas balls 2024

    Christmas balls 2024

    I made these 6 Christmas balls to decorate the Christmas tree.

    They can be found in the Fantasy Attic's Annual Christmas Community Gifts at this link:  

    2024 Fantasy Attic's Christmas Gifts day 12


    They are in .obj format. Objects are in separate zip files.
    They can be used with any software that can import obj files. Depending on the software, it may be necessary to resize them.

    (For DAZ studio: Parameter >General>Trasforml>Scale. If you import in Daz format, they are too small, increase the size to about 1000%, if  you import in Poser format, they are too big, they are too big, reduce the size to about 4%). See attachment.

    I hope you like

    merry Christmas to all.

    emanuela1

     

     

     

     

    By

    emanuela1 emanuela1 December 2024 in Freebies
  • The Mac FAQ

    I have come across a weird quirk unique to the Mac OS I think. When I did the metadata update to fix what didn't install into the Mac Mini M4 properly, apparently it shared with D|S on the MacBook Pro M1 and either updated the .dsx files for a new naming structure (adding in spaces, ' , _ _ , - , and it seems removing DS or PS at the end of file names) and made thumbnail file names bad or just removed the thumbnails I had added to Runtime/Support. But by clicking the file in Smart Content and choosing update metadata, copying the .dsx file there I can update my Support files. Actually it will update the .dsx, but not the .dsa or .jpg/.png. And I keep my thumbnails in downloads or on Google docs to be used by all my computers, to be redownloaded when stuff happens. 

    If anyone has an idea how to keep D|S on one MacOS computer not affecting another MacOS computer' D|S, I sure would like to know it. Some actions are not nice to share between systems.

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Star Shaped Glasses?

    While these items are designed for VRoid, they are provided as FBX files, so you can import them into Daz Studio as well.
    However, you will need to manually reconfigure the materials.

    https://rxf.booth.pm/items/2897020
    https://rxf.booth.pm/items/4492333

    The attached image shows a render taken in Daz Studio using these products.

    By

    CES3D CES3D December 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.