• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • DAZ Connect Question

    OK, that means this is purely a metadata issue. One potential issue is if you close, daz Studio, open DIM, and install you can end up with PostgreSQL not running (because it was still working on closing down when DIM started). Try not to do that. You can probably fix the issue by opening the Content Library option menu (the lined/"hamburger" button in the top corner orr ight-click the tab) and selecting Content DB Maintenance, then checking Reimport Metadata, and selecting your missing products in the next dialogue.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic - Selectively importing DAZ Favorites morphs?

    Hi,
    Is it possible to selectively import a single morph for a figure later, or is this limited to either all of DAZ Favorites or none?
    Just trying to avoid loading times for a lot of unnecessary morphs along with what I actually need.

    Thanks and Happy Holidays!

    By

    DrGonzo62 DrGonzo62 December 2024 in Blender Discussion
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    crosswind said:

    foxyfoxfurries said:

    crosswind said:

    If you use the latest Nvidia driver Studio version, there shouldn't be such difference in 4.22/4.23.

    As for "without use her Base" when Saving a customized character ... you have to export the figure to OBJ, then import OBJ with Morph Loader Pro to create single Head / Body morph on G8F Base figure. In this way, you don't need Rera as a Base char.

     

    Your the bessssssssssssst!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

    No problem ~ You're welcome my friend ! yes

    By the way , I notice I have more bugs after this update for some more figures poses and more. but I just find it one by one and not together , have any way to see what things got damaged and fix it at once? or just one by one when I see the error reinstall it. thank you ^^ 

    By

    foxyfoxfurries foxyfoxfurries December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Scaly Skin Issue

    I don't know what i'm doing wrong. When i import a character from Daz to Blender, the character skins are scaly. Can someone help me fix this issue ?

    By

    Lilken69 Lilken69 December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Import from Daz 3D to Hexagon

    how to transfer a file from Daz3d to Hexagon

    By

    boyscout boyscout December 2024 in Hexagon Discussion
  • How to import and save a Blender Prop for use in Daz Studio

    Im not sure why you are calling this a Blender Prop when only one of those files (.blend) would be a blender prop.  .max is 3DS Max format.  .MB is Maya. The others obj and .fbx are pretty generic file formats.

    Just drag the .obj into Daz Studio viewport.  You can also import fbx to Daz Studio but i wouldnt recommend it.

    When bringing in the obj, it will pop up with a dialogue box.  Some people will tell you to keep the 'read material library' option ticked, but i would uncheck that box and then click ok, and do the texture set up manually.  Add the texture maps via Surfaces tab.  Go here if you dont know how to set up maps: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8855081/#Comment_8855081

    Scale it to correct size under Paramaters tab.

     

     

     

    By

    lilweep lilweep December 2024 in New Users
  • How to import and save a Blender Prop for use in Daz Studio

    Hello, I have a new project to do, this time around I have 2 weeks or less before to complete it.

    This is for a Birthday, I hope the recipient will be more than delighted with the finished render.

    I have a Soft Drink Can this one is available free somewhere else.

    The File Formats are the following:

    .blend

    .fbx

    .max

    .mb

    .obj

    Which of these types I can use into Daz Studio?

    I need the know how without doing a blind move or a disastrous result.

    Your input is really appreciated, thanks!.

    By

    Halcon Bluesky Halcon Bluesky December 2024 in New Users
  • Premier Membership FAQ (Questions Only Please)

    If you use the Install pane, or the Smart Content pane in the products tab with one of the install state filters along the bottom selected that shows uninstalled files, then the default filter (magnifying glass icon next to the text box at the top) Premier>Exclusive will show all the Premier Exclusves available to you the last time the metadata was updated. It does appear that there may be an issue with this one, an internal enquiry has been sent.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2024 in The Commons
  • This program is total trash.

    richardandtracy said:

    I'm not talking about product files, they are saved in a different way. The user scene and scene subset .duf files are the ones where conventions seems to be broken for entirely spurious reasons. I work with SolidWorks as part of my job. A top level assembly can have tens of thousands of library parts which we mustn't overwrite on a save. However, that package does the save-as in the conventional manner for two main reasons - it's quicker and it's safer. The top level assemblies are saved in different directories from the library parts and keeping the new assembly in the same directory as the old means you're vastly less likely to navigate to a library directory. Making use of widely used conventions means you're less at risk of errors because habits are ingrained. Breaking said conventions puts things at risk because people dealing with unfamiliar behaviours are more likely to make an error. It's the same reason why all cars have conventional positions for the foot pedals - less chance of error. Regards, Richard.

    The thing is that the product files and the user files are not in fact saved in a different way - they are all .duf files, of the standard types. They can be tagged with the author (and as I noted, that is used to determine the behaviour of File>Save - but that is helpful only for Scene files). The metadata entries will be different, but there are many ways - accident and design - that the metadata can be lost. I would guess that the SolidWorks library elements are different from saved assemblies, or are accessed by something other than the content organisers also used for the user-generated assemblies, so that there is no risk of overwrite or muddle.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2024 in The Commons
  • Help - Transfer Utility and Geografting in Daz3D

    I believe the graft in the 1st screenshot works fine but the one in 2nd screenshot is problematic. If so, you should've used the settings in below ss1 when rigging the graft on the 2nd character, i.e. when rigging on a non Genesis Base figure, you have to tweak the setting in TU dialogue.

    However, the standard workflow is:
    1) Rig the geo-graft on Genesis Base figure 1stly (what you've done on G8M in the 1st screenshot...);
    2) Dial the character's Full Head Morph (FHM) on G8M, fix the AutoFollow FHM on the geo-graft (in hidden properties) in the external modeling / sculpting software... if there's any unexpected deformation.
    3) Import OBJ to update FBM on the geo-graft with Morph Loader Pro.

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Lengthen Pant Legs of Jeans

    n.aspros123 said:

    crosswind said:

    Better do it when the figure is in A-pose... then if the jeans are fully symmetrical, you can tweak both sides at the same time (ss1 ~ 2.)

    I don't know Hexagon but just use Blender. It's also very easy to adjust the length in Blender by using Grab brush + Symmetry. Then import as an adjustment morph. (ss 3 ~ 6)

     

    How is the Symmetry function used in conjunction with the Grab tool in Blender?  @crosswind  

    Check the above video... starting from 1:15 ~~

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in New Users
  • Lengthen Pant Legs of Jeans

    crosswind said:

    Better do it when the figure is in A-pose... then if the jeans are fully symmetrical, you can tweak both sides at the same time (ss1 ~ 2.)

    I don't know Hexagon but just use Blender. It's also very easy to adjust the length in Blender by using Grab brush + Symmetry. Then import as an adjustment morph. (ss 3 ~ 6)

     

    How is the Symmetry function used in conjunction with the Grab tool in Blender?  @crosswind  

    By

    n.aspros123 n.aspros123 December 2024 in New Users
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    foxyfoxfurries said:

    crosswind said:

    If you use the latest Nvidia driver Studio version, there shouldn't be such difference in 4.22/4.23.

    As for "without use her Base" when Saving a customized character ... you have to export the figure to OBJ, then import OBJ with Morph Loader Pro to create single Head / Body morph on G8F Base figure. In this way, you don't need Rera as a Base char.

     

    Your the bessssssssssssst!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

    No problem ~ You're welcome my friend ! yes

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • use unreal content in DS?

    lilweep said:

    what is an asset? an environment?
    maybe could do:
    Unreal -> Export as USD -> Blender (import USD) -> Export using Blender to DS addon

    Never tested that though.

    characters, buildings, vehicles, etc.  The reason I ask, there are often thousands of them at Humble Bundel for low low cost, so if they would work, yea. They do have for Blender once in awhile as well, which would then be easier to export/imort into DS.  

    By

    daveso daveso December 2024 in Unreal Discussion
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    crosswind said:

    If you use the latest Nvidia driver Studio version, there shouldn't be such difference in 4.22/4.23.

    As for "without use her Base" when Saving a customized character ... you have to export the figure to OBJ, then import OBJ with Morph Loader Pro to create single Head / Body morph on G8F Base figure. In this way, you don't need Rera as a Base char.

     

    Your the bessssssssssssst!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

    By

    foxyfoxfurries foxyfoxfurries December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    If you use the latest Nvidia driver Studio version, there shouldn't be such difference in 4.22/4.23.

    As for "without use her Base" when Saving a customized character ... you have to export the figure to OBJ, then import OBJ with Morph Loader Pro to create single Head / Body morph on G8F Base figure. In this way, you don't need Rera as a Base char.

     

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    crosswind said:

    Well, if you want to reinstall it via Daz Connect , you have to Login with Update Metadata but be noted that some product thumbnails in your Smart Content may be messed up.

    I don't think there're files missed. Trust me, I also use this product a lot.

    And I'm happy to help, I'm all fine.laugh

    Thank you very much! your awesome! I saw some more models are missing so I will do the same to them as well . also in 4.22 before rendering the models had more color now when you poses it it more white right? in 4.23? 
    Also have any way to save my model how she is without used her base?

    By

    foxyfoxfurries foxyfoxfurries December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    Well, if you want to reinstall it via Daz Connect , you have to Login with Update Metadata but be noted that some product thumbnails in your Smart Content may be messed up.

    I don't think there're files missed. Trust me, I also use this product a lot.

    And I'm happy to help, I'm all fine.laugh

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    crosswind said:

    foxyfoxfurries said:

    crosswind said:

    You loaded the character preset from Daz Connect and it seems that the assets files in cloud folder were not correctly uncompressed / decrypted. I have this product and it works with no issue in DS 4.23 with the asset files installed by using DIM.

    So, you may logon to Daz Connect and re-install it... or directly uninstall the product in Smart Content, then install it in DIM.

    Ok thank you , for not making any mistake where is the Daz Connect? I want to install all the bugged characters. and install it.
    If you have discord I will be happy if you help me I will even pay you for this some USD for your help , I really can't lose my fiiles.

    In Smart Content.... as shown in below screenshot. Do not check Update Metadata when Login.

    For uninstalling the product only, you don't need to login Daz Connect. Right-click on the product thumbnail > Uninstall.

    Sheeesh thank you it working! But for some reason my character changed skin a little bit.. I don't know why... It sure the last time I EVER DOWNLOAD NEW ver of this software!
    How can I see all the files are missed to install them again? maybe some file missed and this why my girl have other skin tone.
    Thank you so much! can I give you something for your help? ^^ 

    By

    foxyfoxfurries foxyfoxfurries December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Please HELP! daz3d an error occurred while reading the file!

    foxyfoxfurries said:

    crosswind said:

    You loaded the character preset from Daz Connect and it seems that the assets files in cloud folder were not correctly uncompressed / decrypted. I have this product and it works with no issue in DS 4.23 with the asset files installed by using DIM.

    So, you may logon to Daz Connect and re-install it... or directly uninstall the product in Smart Content, then install it in DIM.

    Ok thank you , for not making any mistake where is the Daz Connect? I want to install all the bugged characters. and install it.
    If you have discord I will be happy if you help me I will even pay you for this some USD for your help , I really can't lose my fiiles.

    In Smart Content.... as shown in below screenshot. Do not check Update Metadata when Login.

    For uninstalling the product only, you don't need to login Daz Connect. Right-click on the product thumbnail > Uninstall.

    By

    crosswind crosswind December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.