• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Carrara Challenge #66 - Jumping Off a Browser Scene Go Splat !

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22245/carrara-monthly-challenge-fabulous-prizes-voting-now-open/p7

    trying to find the specific post where they gave me issues

    not this one

    it might have been animated 

    Roygee seems to touch on the issue

    it's like DAZ Filament cutout opacity how it behaves

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/973233/#Comment_973233

    yes Carrara plays up when transmapped thingies are superimposed or various light gels go through transmaps etc , no reason not to go splatting though. We all have to work around our inadequacies - that's why I use spill chicker everytime I post!

    By

    Headwax Headwax April 2023 in Carrara Discussion
  • Carrara Challenge #66 - Jumping Off a Browser Scene Go Splat !

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22245/carrara-monthly-challenge-fabulous-prizes-voting-now-open/p7

    trying to find the specific post where they gave me issues

    not this one

    it might have been animated 

    Roygee seems to touch on the issue

    it's like DAZ Filament cutout opacity how it behaves

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/973233/#Comment_973233

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz April 2023 in Carrara Discussion
  • Need help with 3Delight - Resolved

    NorthOf45 said:

    The viewport uses OpenGL for all modes except NVIDIA Iray and Filament, so Texture Shaded is, in fact, an OpenGL mode, so doing a render with OpenGL should give you the same, with better lighting. There is no longer an OpenGL option for the renders, you need to select Viewport from the dropdown list while the appropriate Draw Mode is selected. The Shanda Hair doesn't come out as well as it did before, those transparency maps make it transparent right through the background. (That might be the result of one of the changes to 3DL and Studio.)

    Yes, it is a screen capture of the Viewport while in Texture Shaded mode. I didn't do a Viewport render (as described above) because of the hair; it just doesn't show very well, you can see the checkerboard background. You can see what I mean here (I have Morrigan Outfit and Rosemill Moor). I vaguely remember a fix for that transparency thing, or maybe it was for something else...

    Yes, that all makes sense. I did test OpenGL recently (it is available if, as you said, some settings are correctly seleceted, like texture shaded in the viewport etc)but yeah, the hair comes off as transparent. That's one change that is a bit of a bummer since OpenGL is not an option anymore. I still remember using mostly 3Delight, but maybe it was closer to Open GL before the changes....?

    Or maybe my memory is worse than I thought and I used mostly OpenGL for those renders...... It is fast.

    Regardless, this is not feasible anymore. Well, I guess after all this testing I should be able to produce better renders than before. Still, since they will be different I will have to, over time, redo the whole project. Oh well, whatever. I might jsut do something different then.

    This one of my test with OpenGL after reinstalling.

    image

    Anyways, that helps. I guess I was mostly using OpenGL but that won't be possible now. Bummer, but it's the way it is..

    Thank you very much for your input. Nothing I can fix but at least now I mostly understand the issue.

    EDIT: Except.... this is super weird. When I saw the render in Daz the hair was transparent, like in the image you posted, but now that I uploaded the render I thought was defective, the Shanda hair looks okay.....

    What the hell.....?

    By

    petefaure petefaure April 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Need help with 3Delight - Resolved

    The viewport uses OpenGL for all modes except NVIDIA Iray and Filament, so Texture Shaded is, in fact, an OpenGL mode, so doing a render with OpenGL should give you the same, with better lighting. There is no longer an OpenGL option for the renders, you need to select Viewport from the dropdown list while the appropriate Draw Mode is selected. The Shanda Hair doesn't come out as well as it did before, those transparency maps make it transparent right through the background. (That might be the result of one of the changes to 3DL and Studio.)

    Yes, it is a screen capture of the Viewport while in Texture Shaded mode. I didn't do a Viewport render (as described above) because of the hair; it just doesn't show very well, you can see the checkerboard background. You can see what I mean here (I have Morrigan Outfit and Rosemill Moor). I vaguely remember a fix for that transparency thing, or maybe it was for something else...

    By

    NorthOf45 NorthOf45 April 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • PBR Filament render makes everything pink

    soapwell said:

    Looking for help I saw a lot of people saying that in  Blender, their objects are being rendered as pink, but this seems to be no more than a coincidence, as I don't do anything in Blender.  I chose not to mention it because it seemed like it could distract from what Im trying to do.  

    As far as I can tell, that's to make it really obvious when an object doesn't have a valid shader. The only suggestion I can give you as someone who doesn't use Filament is to check your lighting, maybe try scene lights instead of an HDRI or vice versa depending on your circumstances. 

    By

    Gordig Gordig April 2023 in New Users
  • PBR Filament render makes everything pink

    Thank you both, but it's clear from Uncanny's post that the pink I'm seeing is not the purple you both are talking about.  When the scene loads, or when I switch from another view into PBR view, I see the dark bluish-purple shades at first, but they quickly blink into their new shades, which are smoothly rendered except that they  are stained pink .... blues and greens are nearly black, and whites and reds are nearly indistinguishable. 

    Looking for help I saw a lot of people saying that in  Blender, their objects are being rendered as pink, but this seems to be no more than a coincidence, as I don't do anything in Blender.  I chose not to mention it because it seemed like it could distract from what Im trying to do.  

    At first I was prepared to just put this aside and stick with the lower-quality OpenGL and 3Delight renders, but if I could get PBR/Filament to work properly it would save me a lot of time.  

     

    My computer is from 2015, so it is possible that it has old drivers, or perhaps a graphics card for which new drivers don't exist. Ive never heard of OpenCL and Im not sure I can download new drivers for it, and it's even possible that my computer doesnt support OpenCL at all.  Having an old computer is one main reason why Im willing to sacrifice quality for speed of rendering.  That said, the OpenGL, 3Delight, and LRay render engines are all working perfectly for me .... they're just very slow, with LRay being by far the slowest.  If I could only get rid of the pink shading, the PBR/Filament would be as good of a rendering engine as I'd need.  I recognize that it has a few faults too, but I can deal with those.

    Here is a picture to show what I'm seeing ... the cyclist's outfit is supposed to be green, not black.  The trees in the background are a JPG projected onto a card and are supposed to be shades of green as well. Thus it seems that different greens are handling the shading in different ways, but in no case is there even a hint of actual green in the picture.

    Best regards, 

    Soap

    By

    soapwell soapwell April 2023 in New Users
  • PBR Filament render makes everything pink

    lucky you. 

    I've been requesting this feature: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/599126/matcaps-for-filament-renderer

    By

    UncannyValet UncannyValet April 2023 in New Users
  • PBR Filament render makes everything pink

    while Filament is loading the surfaces are a purple shade, maybe your OpenCL needs an update 

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz April 2023 in New Users
  • PBR Filament render makes everything pink

    Even when creating a new scene with just a primitive box in it with no shader, if i switch to the PBR rendering it turns it pink, and i can see four different shades of pink depending on whether i want dome, dome+scene, scene, or sun-sky mode, but none of them allows me to view the surface as it is.  all blues, greens, etc look nearly black and i think they are being multiplied with the pink light. 

     

    this problem seems basic, but nobody else seems to be experiencing the same issue. is it possible to use PBR/Filament to view the "true" colors of objects in their full brightness? if not, can the pink tint be cancelled out with another tint so that they  appear true to color?  I notice that spotlights and distant lights dont seem to change this either ... i even tried adding a blue distant light, but it, too just made thinks darker instead of bluer.

     

    ive been using DAZ for nearly three years now, but Im an off-and-on hobbyist so I am still posting in the new-user forum as Ive noticed my posts so far have tended to be answered quickly. I appreciate the help people here have given me and hope that this problem is as easily solved as the others. I have looked for answers in the forums and on other sites, but as Ive mentioned, no one else seems to have this specific problem.  

     

    Thank you,

    Soap

    By

    soapwell soapwell April 2023 in New Users
  • DAZ Material Texture Issue

    First, do not use Filament to preview in which you cannot see the effect of Metallic Flakes or sth like that (if there's any). Just use NVIDIA Iray preview...

    If you still cannot see any 'metallic gleaming', go to check the surface parameters of the armor, convert them to iray uber shaders if possible, use PBR Metallicity/Roughness in Base Mixing, and add Metallic Flakes if needed.

    By

    crosswind crosswind April 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Studio Animation (Filament) The Big Dynamic Robot Show!

    VIDEO Release The Big Dynamic Robot Show Episode I

    So yes, in the zone we’re in- making videos for lots of records. This video is for Lenzmen Dynamics Plus, off the Doctor Atomics and the Fortress of Solitude album. It came out in 2005, physical copies and digital. We had some great reviews for the release. Years later, we’re making a video. As you’ve seen there’s a good number of tools at play. Runway AI does the transition from image to image using their Image Interpolation tool. Studio d-id is the clip where Doctor Atomics speaks. You might have recognized that effect from the “Lonely Angel” video from Domino Grey. Some VFX are custom clips done straight in Adobe Premiere and others are from a site that sells clips.

    The Big Dynamic Robot Show Episode I

    Daz Studio does the heavy lifting as the source of all characters and animation. Video upscaling was done with Topaz Video AI. The comet in the opening was done with GENMO. Runway AI was back with Gen-1 for the knocked out “dream sequence”. Oh and Ron Deviney (A vendor in the Daz Store) pretty much gets credit for any effect that wasn’t animated. No, wait, I hand drew the lasers in Photoshop and Griffin Avid did all the graphic effects. Thank you for your support.

    By

    Griffin Avid Griffin Avid April 2023 in Art Studio
  • Blender Strand Hair into Daz

    yeah I quite often edit my DAZ content but you cannot edit strandbased Dfrorce hair very much, (only the parameters exposed in the program)

    that is why I don't buy much and it's not that realistic anyway, a good editable polygon mesh clothbased dforce hair often looks and behaves much better

    all I really use standbased for is Filament that hates cutout opacity

    and for furs and they don't need dforce

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz April 2023 in The Commons
  • Filament crashes aftyer update
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Crashes Due to Filament.

    By

    rahulramputty23 rahulramputty23 March 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Filament crashes aftyer update
    Hi. I use filament a lot because i make comics but since i downloading the latest version of daz, i think 4.21.0.5, it's crashing often when i switch to filament

    By

    rahulramputty23 rahulramputty23 March 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • I am stuck with clearing scene

    video, Filament render

    yes it's that hair autofitted that is the issue

    while the saved scene loads on my other computer it too will freeze if I click the "Unfitted but fitted" hair

    the only solution I found was not to save it with the hair and add and fit it each scene load, other autofitted stuff has never given me this issue so must be a Strandbased unique problem

    I used the hair because I was rendering in Filament and it works better line tesselated 3 sides or more PBR view than hairs with Opacity Maps,

    Filament and Cutout Opacity don't play nice as you can see even with the dress

     

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Filament draw style won't work with a keyboard shortcut?

    Filament draw style won't work with a keyboard shortcut?

    Why? I have tried several combinations and none seem to work so far.

    Thanks in advance for any help on this.

    By

    EZ3DTV EZ3DTV March 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Dforce hair crashing on test render?

    richardandtracy said:

    On my old machine, when I upped the RAM from 16Gb to 24, I found that moving around in an UltraScenery (US) landscape was virtually no different (US was the biggest load on the machine I ever subjected it to). Had to have it set to texture shaded only, regardless of the apparent scene size with US. Using filament for the draw style was spectacularly successful at causing crashes. Where I did notice an improvement from the extra 8Gb was it stopped crashing during the render preparation phase when all the textures are loaded and uncompressed before being sent to the GPU. I can't comment on big scenes that are not US. Limited info, I know, but as good as I can give you. Regards, Richard.

     

    Got ya thanks! Also I have to say my name is Richard and you really freaked me out for a second lol

    By

    timetravelmishap timetravelmishap March 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Dforce hair crashing on test render?
    On my old machine, when I upped the RAM from 16Gb to 24, I found that moving around in an UltraScenery (US) landscape was virtually no different (US was the biggest load on the machine I ever subjected it to). Had to have it set to texture shaded only, regardless of the apparent scene size with US. Using filament for the draw style was spectacularly successful at causing crashes. Where I did notice an improvement from the extra 8Gb was it stopped crashing during the render preparation phase when all the textures are loaded and uncompressed before being sent to the GPU. I can't comment on big scenes that are not US. Limited info, I know, but as good as I can give you. Regards, Richard.

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy March 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Daz Studio and Linux

    After spending days with bottles and wine-staging I got it working with Lutris. This is how I think I did it.

    My system.

    • DAZ Studio 4.21.0.5
    • Debian 11.
    • ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 12GB DUAL OC V2.
    • NVIDIA-SMI 470.161.03
    • Driver Version: 470.161.03
    • CUDA Version: 11.4


    My steps.

    1. Install NVIDIA drivers for Debian. Not sure which, but the recommended that you use for everything.
    2. Install "Lutris".
    3. Install "DAZ Studio".
    4. Start "DAZ Studio" and set the viewport to NOT use "filament". Else it will crash later!
    5. Download and extract "nvidia-libs-0.7.7.tar.xz" and enter folder in terminal.
    6. Run the script "WINEPREFIX=/home/user/Games/daz ./setup_nvlibs.sh install".
    7. Start "DAZ Studio" and the GPU rendering WORKS!. At least I think it works.

    Big thanks to this thread. Could not have done it without you!
       

    By

    lostindebian lostindebian March 2023 in The Commons
  • Show us more of your 3Delight renders

    Misselthwaite said:

    I admire people who manage animation in Daz - I tried once, and realized it just wasn't something I had the mindset for, or 'the eye', I suppose... or the patience.  As a sidenote, the bridge would largely provide an ambient light, or a nice IBL sort of all-round illumination, but I have no idea what that would do to render times!

    Thanks for your reply; I think I'd need to use 3DL and some other lighting, which really cranks up the render times for my simple animation. I remember puttering briefly with similar lighting almost a decade ago, but since I was using a lot of PWToon at the time, I found that Uberenvironment worked best for me. I'm hoping to try out Filament with some HDRI products I have once DAZ Studio 5 comes out (I'm using Macs and while I've tested Filament a few times on my machines, it's awkward and when something doesn't appear to work, I can't be sure if it's the product's fault, my fault -- mostly likely -- or running Windows in a vertual machine). Theoretically, Filament should render as fast or faster than OGL once it's implemented and provide better transparency and lighting options than OGL. Hopefully it won't be much longer...

    -- Walt Sterdan

    By

    wsterdan wsterdan March 2023 in Art Studio
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.