• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Is Filament a discontinued project for the Daz Team?

    crosswind said:

    Agreed with Richard ~ But TBH, Filament is still useless to many of the users, incl. me. I deactivated the plugin from day one ...devil

    I was very excited about the prospect of using Filament in DAZ Studio but the DAZ implementation was a big disappointment. I also immediately went back to the old OpenGL viewport because it is easier to work with. I just occasionally switch to IRay in the Viewport to check on the look. Filament in DAZ Studio offers me nothing. My initial excitement was after seeing som examples online and I thought it might be competition for Blender's Eevee but, alas, it is not and was never intended (by DAZ) to be. Whether it could be is an open question if DAZ were to go with the full implementation.

    By

    marble marble June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Is Filament a discontinued project for the Daz Team?

    Agreed with Richard ~ But TBH, Filament is still useless to many of the users, incl. me. I deactivated the plugin from day one ...devil

    By

    crosswind crosswind June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Iray Preview Slow as Molasses

    I too notice a major difference between filament and iRay. What I notice is that the mesh smoothing is calculating each item in the scene before allowing any movement in iRay. Each tiny movement for a single joint starts an update of EVERY smoothed object in iRay. Posing and positioning in iRay is a nightmare if smoothing is turned on. The characters jerk wildly and intermittently while posing, waiting for long and discontinuous smoothing updates.

    Filament does not update the mesh smoothing while posing. Is there some workaround for iRay?

    By

    jsdaz_5811013940 jsdaz_5811013940 June 2023 in The Commons
  • Is Filament a discontinued project for the Daz Team?

    Daz has never presented Filament as anything other than a Drawstyle. Some PAs chose to make products for it, the lack of further products may simply reflect the way those sold - it certainly wasn't a Daz decision.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DazStudio only works on Nvidia GPUs????

    Additionally, Filament PBR is not GPU specific either.

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Is Filament a discontinued project for the Daz Team?

    I have purchased all the products pertaining to filament (aside from the wet skin product), and I have noticed that no more products are being introduced into the marketplace. Did the Filament option get abandoned all together? I like it even though it needs some work. Super fast renders, and a lot of room for improvement. Can any developers/staff let me know if it is done with? Thanks in advance. 

    By

    Ben Oaks Ben Oaks June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

     a Filament animation froze up at 520 frames for some reason o my older Win7 no graphics card

    up until then it was going fine hardly using the CPU and about 8GB of RAM

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz June 2023 in The Commons
  • iray devices

    Filament is for composition / preview only. 3DL is missing raytracing and not PBR. Something like iray but OpenCL based is missing. The real problem can be materials porting.

    By

    leonardo_3285321d leonardo_3285321d June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • iray devices

    leonardo_3285321d said:

    Would be nice to have non-CUDA alternatives in future. LuxCoreRender, Cycles, or something else. Apple computer will benefit from this too.

    Technically you have 3DL and Filament, but neither of these seem to get any love from Daz. 

    By

    felis felis June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Ways to improve End of Summer Hair for G2F Renders

    I assume you're using the hair autofitted to a newer figure and rendering with Iray?

     

    This hair was released before Iray was added in DS, so if you're rendering with Iray the materials will not be optimal as they will be automatically converted 3DL ones. You would need to apply the Iray base shader to the hair then tweak the settings (for example changing the "glossiness" or "glossy roughness" to make it less shiny). You could also try applying some generic Iray hair shaders, there are various packs available for example:

    https://www.daz3d.com/colorwerks-hair-shaders-for-iray

    https://www.daz3d.com/universal-hair-shader-for-iray

    https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-blended-dual-lobe-hair-shader-resource-pack-for-iray

    https://www.daz3d.com/fsl-realistic-hair-shaders-for-iray-and-filament

     

    Regarding the hairline, there might be adjustment morphs you can use.

    By

    Leana Leana June 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICI

    Muscleman said:

    Oh ma siamo alla parte14!! Bravi noi!!! :) 

    Eh, guarda chi "ha avviato" il nuovo thread. wink

    Muscleman said:

    Buttiamo via tutto allora...XD

    Sono anni che IRay è solo uno spreco. Sono stupito che ci sia ancora qualcuno che lo difende quando DAZ Studio stesso ha già integrato un motore migliore, Filament, ma trascurato perchè alla NVidia son felici di vendere blocchi di otto GPU alla volta per renderizzare francobolli in intere giornate.

    By

    Imago Imago June 2023 in The Commons
  • Pegasus crashes DAZ immediately

    One trick I've learned recently was to set the viewport to Texture Shaded, not Filament or Iray, and try again.

    I'm doing some rather extensive animations with dForce, Geoshells... and sometimes I need to restart my computer or Daz Studio will error out when opening.

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICI

    Imago said:

    E' un upscaler IA offline. L'ho provato una volta per curiosità e le immagini sembrano abbastanza pulite ma scritte, dettagli e tutto quello che rende una immagine ben definita va perduto.

    Onestamente, nulla di quello che esce da IRay raggiunge standard commerciali minimi, perfino con la postproduzione più pesante. sad

    Vedo parecchi che si stanno stancando, spero che alla fine DAZ3D si decida a dare più spazio a Filament o aggiornare 3Delight (che da quel che vedo è SPETTACOLARE surprise)

    Però personalmente, per tornare a usare 3Delight dovrebbero aggiornarmelo alla IG perchè mi è imprescindibile, voglio renderizzare con IG. Se mai decidessero di cambiare motore o di implementarne un ulteriore che permetta di renderizzare con IG farei i salti di gioia. Così è troppo ma troppo un limite perchè far schizzare i tempi solo per 4 pareti annienta ogni forma di produttività, io i render da 3 ore li facevo vent'anni fa, con l'hardware del periodo, oggi di stare tre ore a macinare per un'immagine statica non ce la faccio proprio più a valutarlo, ma neanche 50 minuti, non mi va proprio più di stare con la macchina a palla tutto sto tempo, ho bisogno di render veloci e se non posso mettere due pareti altrimenti mi schizzano i tempi di render è grave.. oggi se supero i 10 minuti di render inizio già a spazientirmi, anche perchè non è che faccio singoli scatti, faccio in serie tanti scatti e lì i tempi di calcolo se troppo lenti diventano un supplizio .. proprio è un impedimento alla produttività che poi mi fa desistere dal fare tante cose, tante idee.. è un limite grave che DAZ forse dovrebbe valutare. Nello shop ci sono tanti appartamenti con props vari, anche belli nelle immagini, ma attualmente, a meno di non renderizzarli a dimensioni contenutissime, renderizzare uno scenario del genere ci si sta sei mesi con Iray, è  improponibile!

    By

    RCR-2631227 RCR-2631227 June 2023 in The Commons
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE QUATTORDICI

    RCR-2631227 said:

    Non l'ho mai sentito, a cosa servirebbe? Comunque per me Iray è un mezzo, non il fine, quindi se ho modo di velocizzarlo andandoci a perdere poco o nulla grazie alla post produzione che  oggi si è automatizzata e velocizzata rispetto a prima che era un ulteriore allungamento del lavoro, ben venga!  Alla fine conta il risultato, se ti piace, dal momento che ti piace va bene così!

    E' un upscaler IA offline. L'ho provato una volta per curiosità e le immagini sembrano abbastanza pulite ma scritte, dettagli e tutto quello che rende una immagine ben definita va perduto.

    Onestamente, nulla di quello che esce da IRay raggiunge standard commerciali minimi, perfino con la postproduzione più pesante. sad

    Vedo parecchi che si stanno stancando, spero che alla fine DAZ3D si decida a dare più spazio a Filament o aggiornare 3Delight (che da quel che vedo è SPETTACOLARE surprise)

    By

    Imago Imago June 2023 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 4.21[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

    BUG:
    Keyboard shortcut for Viewport DrawStyles::Filament never works.
    I have (re)assigned my keyboard shortcuts to my liking, and Ctrl+1 goes to IRAY, Ctrl+9 goes to TextureShaded, etc.
    But no matter what I do for Filament (even a simple shortcut like 'F' with no shift, ctrl, alt), it does not take effect.

    By

    greywolf greywolf June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Any chance of DAZ supporting AMD or Intel cards for rendering?

    Filament uses my integrated Intel graphics on one of my computers (confirmed by GPU-Z)

    it uses BOTH my Nividia card AND my AMD Vega graphics on my other one (and looks considerably better as a result, no blocky shadows )

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz June 2023 in The Commons
  • Any chance of DAZ supporting AMD or Intel cards for rendering?

    well Filament is supported 

    iray is a Nvidia render engine 

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz June 2023 in The Commons
  • spot light are giving shadows

    iray is a fully PBR renderer so all lights cast shadows 

    3Delight and Filament you can choose to not enable shadows, likewise Octane render if you have the plugin can have shadows excluded on objects because it has non PBR options 

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz June 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Studio 5 development update

    wsterdan said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Currently there is no offiical ETA that I am aware of. We have had DS4 updates, which have included features that were part of the DS5 roadmap that - like the MacOS compatibility - could be added to the older version, so it isn't as if nothing has happened. No details about what will be new in DS5, assuming it isn't simply about the new Qt version with actual new features added in later builds, have been released or hinted at that I can recall.

    Sadly, that just makes things work worse. I've been having a lot of issues recently opening up old fies using either Genesis 1 characters or Genesis 1 assets.

    I was trying out a batch of different characters for my first real lip sync test and was unable to use any of the files I'd set up without "fixing" some issues.

    For example, I made a Genesis 1 bridge crew on 2021-April-24 and it's it was fine; I open the same file today and suddenly two of the female heads have shrunk and everyone's eyes are inset in their heads.

    I did another crew using Genesis 3 characters using 3DUniverse's Toon Generations 2 male characters but with Hiro 5's hair and eyebrows and on 2022-Sept-28 the generated image was fine, but today? When I render the same file, eyebrows are pushed back into their heads and the Hiro 5 hair is dropped down into the character's hair head.

    I haven't made any changes to my system, only updated DAZ Studio but files from a year ago and even only eight months ago are "broken". I can only guess that it's because of some of the things that are being updated for DAZ 5.

    So, until now, I was originally holding off starting any major projects until I could use Filament for them, but now I'm not even confident that something I set up right now might not work in six months without fixing, or might not work again six months later.

    I think I need to just hold off on DAZ Studio animation competely for a while and maybe come back to it once DAZ Studio 5 comes out and see then if it's worth returning for.

    -- Walt Sterdan

    Do please report these to Daz.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine May 2023 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 5 development update

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Currently there is no offiical ETA that I am aware of. We have had DS4 updates, which have included features that were part of the DS5 roadmap that - like the MacOS compatibility - could be added to the older version, so it isn't as if nothing has happened. No details about what will be new in DS5, assuming it isn't simply about the new Qt version with actual new features added in later builds, have been released or hinted at that I can recall.

    Sadly, that just makes things work worse. I've been having a lot of issues recently opening up old fies using either Genesis 1 characters or Genesis 1 assets.

    I was trying out a batch of different characters for my first real lip sync test and was unable to use any of the files I'd set up without "fixing" some issues.

    For example, I made a Genesis 1 bridge crew on 2021-April-24 and it's it was fine; I open the same file today and suddenly two of the female heads have shrunk and everyone's eyes are inset in their heads.

    I did another crew using Genesis 3 characters using 3DUniverse's Toon Generations 2 male characters but with Hiro 5's hair and eyebrows and on 2022-Sept-28 the generated image was fine, but today? When I render the same file, eyebrows are pushed back into their heads and the Hiro 5 hair is dropped down into the character's hair head.

    I haven't made any changes to my system, only updated DAZ Studio but files from a year ago and even only eight months ago are "broken". I can only guess that it's because of some of the things that are being updated for DAZ 5.

    So, until now, I was originally holding off starting any major projects until I could use Filament for them, but now I'm not even confident that something I set up right now might not work in six months without fixing, or might not work again six months later.

    I think I need to just hold off on DAZ Studio animation competely for a while and maybe come back to it once DAZ Studio 5 comes out and see then if it's worth returning for.

    -- Walt Sterdan

     

    By

    wsterdan wsterdan May 2023 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.