• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Plugin Genesis Generation X2 is lost in DS 4.8

    I know this is an old thread, but this problem popped up today on me. I haven't used GenX2 in a while, but I purchased a V4 character and wanted to convert her. I've done this on over a dozen characters, so I know the drill, but today, I get an error that that Victoria 4.2 is a figure that is not supported. V3 works fine, but not V4.

    So, I completely uninstalled GenX2 and all the models for it. Then I re-installed them all. I'm thinking this should fix the problem.

    Nope.

    I'm on a Mac, so I'm not sure a .dll fix will help since there aren't .dll files on a Mac.

    Any suggestions?

    By

    MacSavers MacSavers August 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

    Okay, let me check.The Elven Armor says:

    Supported Genesis 2 Female Shapes:

    Aiko 6
    Gia 6
    Giselle 6
    Olympia 6
    Stephanie 6
    Teen Josie 6
    The Girl 6
    Victoria 6

    And Tressie is Victoria 6, and also says Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs, but most of they say that, don't they? If not, that would be the only thing screwing it up I would think. I loaded Tressie and did not add any other morphs, she was out of the box. 

    EDIT: Tested it on Genesis 2 Female and it does fine. So the issue is with Tressie's shape, even though she is Victoria 6, which is one of the listed figures. Custom characters for that figure don't work I guess.

    Ah.  I see where the confusion is.  :)

    For most outfits, you never have to go this far.  But every now and then you find one that just won't work.  You probably already know this, but...

    Tressie may use V6 UVs but her body and head are custom sculpted in Zbrush (or so says the product page for her).  If it requires the G2F body morphs (Tressie says she does, but I don't own her so I can't check to see if her body shape uses any of them), then you have to find which ones it uses and cross check them with the outfit's supported morphs.  If it uses V6's body shape, you can check to see what value it's dialed in at, too, but since that's a supported morph, it's likely not the issue with that breastplate.  If Tressie's body does contain custom sculpted morphs, it's a safe bet those morphs are not going to be present in any outfits not specifically designed for her.  If the morphs that character uses aren't listed as supported, the outfits you dress her in may or may not work as intended (as in that Elven breastplate).  Most unsupported morphs will work okay in most outfits as long as they don't push the mesh too far, but every now and then you get an outfit that just wasn't designed with that kind of flexibility.

    So when you find these kinds of problems, the only way to solve them (outside of a modeling program or maybe Poser with the morph brush) is to cross check all the morphs used in the character against the ones that are supported in the outfit and dial the unsupported ones "off" one at a time until you find the offending morph or morph combination.  If it's the custom sculpted shape causing the problem, really the only thing you can do is dial the head morph in separately (if that's an option) and morph the body into the closest approximation to whatever you need based on the outfit's supported morphs.

    It's a PITA, but it is what it is.

    By

    Saba Taru Saba Taru August 2015 in Art Studio
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

    Nice, I was just about to say, I'm not seeing that polygon-mess with a deferent outfit on FWSA Tressie, tho I'm not going to say it is perfect with what I chose. Something similar to Skirt-triangle going on with loose shirts. However even straight from the smart tab there is NO odd poke threw issues to fuss with.

    This is with no adjustments made to the outfit at all, so you can see just what minor issues you may need to deal with... J Girl for Genesis 2 Female(s) top, Ladybug Outfit shirt, and Ghawazee shirt.

    It may be a lack of 'Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs' support, or a somehow a conflict with deferent JCMs.

    By

    ZarconDeeGrissom ZarconDeeGrissom August 2015 in Art Studio
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

    Okay, I switched outfits. The entire purpose of all this was to show you the wonderful Synthetics for Iray shaders. I love that you have matte and glossy options for each shader and they are separated out with all glossy in one section, all matte in another. 

    If you don't have Galaxy for Genesis 2 Female(s)  outfit, it's got SUPER fun material zones. And that neckline is really custom, unusual. I'm sure you have an outfit that has surprised you by how much you like it, and this is one of mine. You can put it with pants, use it for closeups, etc. And of course, this is FWSA Tressie HD for Victoria 6. She's wearing Phoebe Hair (I'm not linking things we've linked to numerous times previously)

    Galaxy renders fast in IRAY too. This too me 20 minutes. Elven was over an hour.

    EDIT: BTW, the jacket is separate, so you can have a strapless top.

    By

    Novica Novica August 2015 in Art Studio
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

    Okay, let me check.The Elven Armor says:

    Supported Genesis 2 Female Shapes:

    Aiko 6
    Gia 6
    Giselle 6
    Olympia 6
    Stephanie 6
    Teen Josie 6
    The Girl 6
    Victoria 6

    And Tressie is Victoria 6, and also says Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs, but most of they say that, don't they? If not, that would be the only thing screwing it up I would think. I loaded Tressie and did not add any other morphs, she was out of the box. 

    EDIT: Tested it on Genesis 2 Female and it does fine. So the issue is with Tressie's shape, even though she is Victoria 6, which is one of the listed figures. Custom characters for that figure don't work I guess.

    By

    Novica Novica August 2015 in Art Studio
  • DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.3.50 General Release, Now Available!

    Actually, Scott6 is not listed as being compatible with the DSON Importer, and it includes no Poser Companion Files...

    It is hidden in the fine print of the ad for Scott 6:

    "Software support (Read More)

    The two industry leading software products for leveraging the Daz 3D models are Daz Studio (which can be downloaded for free at http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-pro/) and POSER. Whichever of these you prefer, Genesis 2 will work just fine. Victoria 6, and any Genesis or Genesis 2 figure, will simply drop right into Daz Studio seamlessly, or can be easily imported into POSER using the Daz DSON import utility available at http://www.daz3d.com/dson-importer-for-poser."

    Which is pretty much the generic blurb for G2.

    Thanks to you and Quietrob for all the info and links!

     

     

    By

    Greymom Greymom August 2015 in Poser Discussion
  • Mimic-Live (was: Zoobe like results with Daz Studio?)

    Isn't that plugin for the Victoria 4 figure only? I thought it didn't work with any other figures.

    The store page indicates any of your characters? If it's only V4 then that should be clear in the description and compatible figures. The description reads lip sync your charter as opposed to lip sync V4, I'd be requesting a refund if it only did V4, might try and clarify before I purchase!!

    By

    KA1 KA1 August 2015 in The Commons
  • Mimic-Live (was: Zoobe like results with Daz Studio?)

    Isn't that plugin for the Victoria 4 figure only? I thought it didn't work with any other figures.

    By

    ghastlycomic ghastlycomic August 2015 in The Commons
  • Why Radeon graphic card is slow for Iray render??

    ahmed1hse said:

    just recently I've purchased Victoria 7 pro bundle and it's killing me every time I render using Iray
    It's not only slow but when I load one more figure and start rendering within one minute DAZ will shut down..!!!

    I am not even able to use any lights, It will kill the render time more and more 
    somehow I manage to render 3 or 4 pics for V7 BUT with minimum level of settings
    Notes; I had this issue since I upgrade Daz4.8, It's very much slowly and occasionally will shut down

    and I have 
    Dell laptop
    core i7
    2 GB Graphic card
    8 GB RAM

    I can handle a view things it wasn't an issue 
    V7 is the new generation of DAZ and work best in Iray render, It's kinda useless without Iray

    my questions are:

    I have 20 GB free space in my 'C driver' wich DAZ installed on it, could that effect DAZ rendering performance?
    Is there any difference between AMD Radeon & nvidia graphic card ?
    Is there any particular settings in Radeon graphic card for Iray render?
    Is it possible to add one more Graphic card? If so, what's the Consequences?

    Please help me asap

     

    Your system may well struggle.

    You ideally need a computer with at least 16GB of ram; 4GB graphics card, ideally latest generation and (for IRAY rendering, NVidia). The processor you have is decent, but it's a laptop i7 not a desktop. You have very little hard drive space, so there is little leaway for your laptop to increase the swap memory if it needs to do so. Hopefully swap memory has not been disabled. Likely the best upgrade would be to add 8GB of memory; personally, I'd upgrade to a desktop, you should get more computer for less cash - all you lose is the convenience of carrying it around.

    Shutting down may suggest there is too much heat; it also may indicate that there is insufficient Swap Memory allocated, or that it is disabled. Even if you have an SSD you should not disable swap memory, especially with only 8GB of memory.

    Look in the help menu > Troubleshooting > View Log file. It may tell you what the problem is. It can help to keep that file empty; ctrl a to select all, then delete the contents and save it. Maybe do that before each time you render, then you know the output is from the last render.

    By

    nicstt nicstt August 2015 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

    It is on Tressie

    By

    Novica Novica August 2015 in Art Studio
  • Problem with Macro Skin

    Looks like a UV incompatibility. The product says it uses the Victoria 5 UV, but your character has the V6 UV, so they are not overlapping correctly. 

    By

    Redz Redz August 2015 in The Commons
  • Wrist Watches for M4/Genesis/Genesis2 ?

    There are tons of them. Most of thme are in outfit sets though, off the top of my head.:

    http://www.daz3d.com/mbs-expansion-2-suit-props

    http://www.daz3d.com/casual-1950-for-genesis-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/day-by-day-for-genesis-2-male-s

    Polipo's Watch Collection for Michael 4 and Victoria 4

    V4 Watch Set

     

     

     

    By

    Vhardamis Vhardamis August 2015 in The Commons
  • Luxus shadow edges showing sharp geometry

    Greetings,

    Wait, what are you tweaking subdivision *on*?  Level 1 is not where you want to be, if it's a character.  If I have a Genesis character, and the light is shining on them from the side, if I render in Reality or Luxus, they will cast stair-steppy shadows.  I have to go to the character (e.g. Victoria 5) and set its subdivision in Parameters / General to 3 or 4, in order for it to be exported at the subdivision that 3Delight automatically promotes it to.

    This is true for all the characters who have automatic subdivision in 3Delight; they have to be manually forced to subdivide before rendering in an external engine.

    DAZ made it easier in Iray, but Luxus, Reality, Octane, etc., all need a little manual help.

    --  Morgan

    By

    CypherFOX CypherFOX August 2015 in The Commons
  • Wrist Watches for M4/Genesis/Genesis2 ?

    For M4/V4:

    Polipo's Watch Collection for Michael 4 and Victoria 4

    FASHIONWAVE Bodycult Volume 2 - Watches

    Agna Accessories

    Cosmopolitan Girl Accessory Pack 1

     

    For Genesis:

    MBS Expansion 2 Suit Props

    Casual 1950 for Genesis Female

    By

    Cayman Studios Cayman Studios August 2015 in The Commons
  • Keeping Metal in Clothes from bending.

    @ scavenger : I just want to say - dont expect too much from a computer programm - It can only be that good by simulating realistic things as the programmers implement more and more realisticly features to it, also you have to know how to use them to get exactly what you want, but still its a simulation and can only get near to reality.

    Nowdays scientists use very expensive computer based simulations to forecast the future of the whole universe, they still have some troubble with that and who knows if they have implement everything so this simulation is like reality and forecasts exactly what will be the future.

    We as 3D hobby artists can be happy to get such a nice programm like DazStudio for free. I think I know what I am talking about I have used for exaple also Poser for some years now and tryed to shrik-wrap victoria 3 clothes to victoria 4 this is a tricky thing to do also. Still I prefer to use DazStudio over Poser since I get used to it and its far more userfrindly and full of nice features that Poser is lacking of.

    If you want to experiment more with rigit-, cloth- and softbody- physics simulations you should take a look what "Blender" is capable of in that domain and you can have this also for free.

    I have just began to learn how to use some blender features and think of ways to get them into DazStudio.

    By

    Syrus_Dante Syrus_Dante August 2015 in The Commons
  • Some help with my renders.

    When I tried coloring the hair I tried just cloring over sections of hair with a solid brush color, was that a good way to go or should I have done it a different way?

    The skin I used was Summer for Victoria 7 and I just tried changing the diffuse color the blue (it work when I tried it on Genesis 2) then I tried color correction in Gimp which got me where I am today.

    By

    Tsuzura Tsuzura August 2015 in The Commons
  • Converting v4 expressions to G2F and beyond

    Ok, I've read that people can convert expressions from v4 to g2f. 

    Lots of comments in the GenX thread "Hey, I converted my expressions!" ...can't find a single explanation on how to do that other than using the preset tab.

     

    So I load two expressions (pz2 & fc2) run it, and get a new icon..that does nothing. Bunch of errors that say "dsf file is found". I say, "Aren't you supposed to be making those?" It says nothing in return.

    So, not knowing how to make DSF files, but knowing they're a daz format, I load the expressions on to v4, save as pose preset and try genx again. This time it does something..it gives me an icon that applies Genesis shape to the figure. Interesting, but not useful.

    It spits out a bunch of warnings like:

    WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Evolution/PHMHappy.dsf#PHMHappy?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%205/MCMV5Happy.dsf

    I don't spit back becase eww.

    So..is this possible? What am I doing wrong?

     

    By

    Scavenger Scavenger August 2015 in The Commons
  • Show Daz that Carrara users are a market worth supporting! How many Product Pages do you have?

    G3 isn't triax weight-mapped, it's dual quaternion weight-mapped.

    Hehehe ..... thanks mike.   I just came back to update my post after re-reading the Daz blurb page about why Gen 3 is the penultimate 3D figure in this galaxy when I read your post.

    "New technological advancements, such as Dual Quaternion weight maps, triangle free mesh, reduce polygon count and UDIM standard UVs, make Genesis 3 even more compatible with other industry standard 3D applications for ease of cross platform use. "  ( http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3 )

    http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/idef_deforms_DualQuaternionSkinning.htm

    http://www.fxguide.com/featured/udim-uv-mapping/

     

    So has anyone tried importing Victoria 7 (Gen 3) into Maya with these new weight blending and uv mapping schemes?

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Yep, collada import works quite well for both bending and materails (UV's). FBX, not so much, the bending isn't good at all. Of course I haven't found the morphs, but that may be just because I don't know Maya.

    Thanks Dustrider.  Weird that FBX has difficulty from Daz to Maya since Autodesk owns FBX ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBX and http://www.autodesk.com/products/fbx/overview ).

    You would think autodesk would make it as painless as possible to import FBX from other packages. I realize Daz is responsible for its FBX exporter where the problem probably lies but you would think autodesk would be thrilled to help fix its exporter to comply with what autodesk requires for import. After all it could mean more customers for autodesk products and for them more software users is always better. Plus the cost of assistance would be peanuts to them.

    By

    hjake hjake August 2015 in Carrara Discussion
  • Show Daz that Carrara users are a market worth supporting! How many Product Pages do you have?

    G3 isn't triax weight-mapped, it's dual quaternion weight-mapped.

    Hehehe ..... thanks mike.   I just came back to update my post after re-reading the Daz blurb page about why Gen 3 is the penultimate 3D figure in this galaxy when I read your post.

    "New technological advancements, such as Dual Quaternion weight maps, triangle free mesh, reduce polygon count and UDIM standard UVs, make Genesis 3 even more compatible with other industry standard 3D applications for ease of cross platform use. "  ( http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3 )

    http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/idef_deforms_DualQuaternionSkinning.htm

    http://www.fxguide.com/featured/udim-uv-mapping/

     

    So has anyone tried importing Victoria 7 (Gen 3) into Maya with these new weight blending and uv mapping schemes?

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Yep, collada import works quite well for both bending and materails (UV's). FBX, not so much, the bending isn't good at all. Of course I haven't found the morphs, but that may be just because I don't know Maya.

    By

    DustRider DustRider August 2015 in Carrara Discussion
  • Show Daz that Carrara users are a market worth supporting! How many Product Pages do you have?

    G3 isn't triax weight-mapped, it's dual quaternion weight-mapped.

    Hehehe ..... thanks mike.   I just came back to update my post after re-reading the Daz blurb page about why Gen 3 is the penultimate 3D figure in this galaxy when I read your post.

    "New technological advancements, such as Dual Quaternion weight maps, triangle free mesh, reduce polygon count and UDIM standard UVs, make Genesis 3 even more compatible with other industry standard 3D applications for ease of cross platform use. "  ( http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3 )

    http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/idef_deforms_DualQuaternionSkinning.htm

    http://www.fxguide.com/featured/udim-uv-mapping/

     

    So has anyone tried importing Victoria 7 (Gen 3) into Maya with these new weight blending and uv mapping schemes?

     

     

     

     

     

     

    By

    hjake hjake August 2015 in Carrara Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.