Kiri 9

13»

Comments

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 404

alienarea said:

Pax Asteriae said:

alienarea said:

Apologies for asking a stupid question: what defines a character as Anime?

Technically, the only thing that defines 'anime' is that of 'being animated.'  You'll get as many answers as there are people. cheeky But in reality, there are so many different styles of anime that it makes it a bit hard to define.

These examples, for... uh, example, from left to right: Paranoia Agent, Trigun, Trigun Stampede, Di Gi Charat, Gunsmith Cats, Beastars, Final Fantasy: Advent Children and the infamously weirdly-proportioned xxxHolic. All technically anime. (I think the FFAC style is the one Kiri was kinda aiming for.) This isn't even half the styles I've seen either, there are a lot of styles out there, some weirder than others...

So not a stupid question, just... a weirdly complicated one. laugh

More like this?

She definitely has that big eyes-tiny nose moe aesthetic, and more to the point she's gorgeous! She'd look pretty good starring in her own series.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027
    edited May 2023

I like Kiri 9 as a base for mixing. It works great with Toon Heroes and Young Anime Heroes. I also wanted to see what it would look like with our Toon Textures and Toon Alternate Textures (Blush and Alternate Eyelashes) mixed in for an even more stylized look. These were rendered with some bloom to give it an even more softer look.

Kiri9-Comparison.png
    2870 x 1440 - 4M
    Kiri9-Comparison02.jpg
    2870 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited May 2023

That looks good, but you're having to spend an awful lot of money just to get an acceptable looking anime figure.

Still, what kind of males can you get out of that?

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • This is Kiri with (if I recall) Toon Hero, Young Anime Heroes, and other products mixed together.

I was going for more of a toon/stylized look and this is where I last tinkered with him.  Not really a male version of Kiri, I just liked using the name Kari.

Lee

G9-Kari.jpg
    1906 x 1180 - 961K
    edited May 2023

@vrba79, I took a stab at trying to spin dial a companion that was in the same style as my mixed Kiri 9. So here he is. I left some of Kiri 9's head morph but dialed out her body completely. I'm still using Toon Heroes + Anime Young Heroes but I've also added some Olvier 9 (Suthlordsims) and then tweaked the shape with Muscularity Morphs proportion dials, SY's generous 200 Free Morphs, G9 Body Shapes, G9 Head Shapes and the Vinme Morphs. Then I finished up by using the Eyes, Eyeliner Shell, Eye Shell, Blush Shell and Textures from our FPE Toon Textures for Genesis 9 product.

Here's the gallery link for all credits.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Interesting results.

• MachineClawMachineClaw Posts: 137
    edited May 2023

The Kiri 9 HD Makeup Addon https://www.daz3d.com/kiri-9-hd-makeup-add-on

the promo shots have a line across the nose in the main promo shot and in a few of the other promo shots, but not all.  is this double line across the nose in the makeup?  can it be turned off?  the details state all the different optioins, lips, eyes, etc but nothing is listed for face or nose - just wondering if this double line across the nose can be turned off or if it's baked.  anyone know?

Post edited by MachineClaw on
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552

apprentice said:

I dom't know for sure. Perhaps:  https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-corporate-hair-for-genesis-8-male-and-females

Muon Quark said:

Does anyone know the hair that was used in the Kiri 9 HD Makeup Add-On?  The short purple hair?

https://www.daz3d.com/kiri-9-hd-makeup-add-on

Maybe....  It looks very similar.  Thanks!

MachineClaw said:

the promo shots have a line across the nose in the main promo shot and in a few of the other promo shots, but not all.  is this double line across the nose in the makeup?  can it be turned off?  the details state all the different optioins, lips, eyes, etc but nothing is listed for face or nose - just wondering if this double line across the nose can be turned off or if it's baked.  anyone know?

It looks like those lines are part of one makeup design. You could always look up the names of the textures and, in a graphic editor like Gimp or Photoshop, delete those.

• MachineClawMachineClaw Posts: 137

FenixPhoenix said:

MachineClaw said:

It looks like those lines are part of one makeup design. You could always look up the names of the textures and, in a graphic editor like Gimp or Photoshop, delete those.

thanks, that's what I figured.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    edited May 2023

I like Kiri 9 as a base for mixing. It works great with Toon Heroes and Young Anime Heroes. I also wanted to see what it would look like with our Toon Textures and Toon Alternate Textures (Blush and Alternate Eyelashes) mixed in for an even more stylized look. These were rendered with some bloom to give it an even more softer look.

She looks great. :)

Also, because of your post here, I wishlisted the items, and the new release coupon last night was a perfect opportunity to grab Young Anime Heroes and your two texture sets. I had higher-priority items for the other coupons, but I'll probably get Toon Heroes in some future sale.

I'm not sold on G9 in general, but it's shaping up to have some interesting possibilities for anime and other toons.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
    edited May 2023

doubledeviant said:

FenixPhoenix said:

She looks great. :)

Also, because of your post here, I wishlisted the items, and the new release coupon last night was a perfect opportunity to grab Young Anime Heroes and your two texture sets. I had higher-priority items for the other coupons, but I'll probably get Toon Heroes in some future sale.

I'm not sold on G9 in general, but it's shaping up to have some interesting possibilities for anime and other toons.

Thanks for the support! I can share the shaping presets of the mixed characters I made if it's of any interest (though the male requires a lot more products than the female). I highly recommend Toon Heroes, as even adding a little bit of that to a figure can give some really cool results.

Thanks for the support! I can share the shaping presets of the mixed characters I made if it's of any interest (though the male requires a lot more products than the female). I highly recommend Toon Heroes, as even adding a little bit of that to a figure can give some really cool results.

Sure, if you're willing! I was thinking she might be part of one of your upcoming products or a personal character and wasn't going to ask, but I'm definitely interested.
  • doubledeviant said:

FenixPhoenix said:

Sure, if you're willing! I was thinking she might be part of one of your upcoming products or a personal character and wasn't going to ask, but I'm definitely interested.

I'm interested as well.  Your renders are awesome.

Lee

edited May 2023

@doubledeviant, I will be using them for promos, but I don't mind sharing them. The only thing you'll notice is that Kyouko (the now named girl) was created using fewer products than Kyo (the now named guy) since Kiri 9's shape adds a lot in terms of the body.

@leemoon_c43b45a114, thanks for your interest (and kind words). Your renderings are superb as well. You have a much better handle than me on bigger bodies/more muscle types than me! Your Tarzan for example looks excellent!

So as not to derail this thread, I shared the presets and the dial information here. I didn't realize how many different products I used to create Kyo so that one is going to require some investment. But I shared the dials in case you'd like to try to recreate him using other dials instead.

edited May 2023

I shared the presets and the dial information here.

Thanks! Conveniently, Toon Heroes is on sale today, and I had some leftover tokens, so now I have the basics for Kyouko. :)
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

doubledeviant said:

FenixPhoenix said:

I shared the presets and the dial information here.

Thanks! Conveniently, Toon Heroes is on sale today, and I had some leftover tokens, so now I have the basics for Kyouko. :)

Excellent! Toon Heroes is a lot of fun, so I think it's a great product for mixing, especially if you like a more stylized look!

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited May 2023

Just discovered some 'free' Anime on Youtube!

It seems to be about maid uniforms, an obsession with indirect kisses, a compulsory 'bikinis at the beach' scene and many, many scenes at 'the hot springs'! laugh

Anime maid

anime1.png
    720 x 1280 - 523K
    Post edited by prixat on
  • BubbleCloudBubbleCloud Posts: 58

Like other people already said, Kiri is the same as Kiko. They didn't even bother to make adjustments so that they don't look so much as the same person. 
    Both remind me a lot of Aiko 7 face , which was also elongated and had something more masculine to it. 
    Kiri is not cute. Not at all. 
    She really looks very masculine to me, I mean her face features. 

I am very sad that Aiko is dead and no longer around, but at least I can still bring her in my viewport :) 

Here is Aiko4 on Gen9 :) Looking a bit weird though. 

Aiko4 on Gen9 attempt01.jpg
    1800 x 2329 - 784K
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited June 2023

alienarea said:

Apologies for asking a stupid question: what defines a character as Anime?

alienarea,

Your above question popped into my mind as I was scanning Quora. It's worth mentioning the answer to a separate posed there: "Why, in Japanese anime, do none of the characters look Japanese?"

Cheers!

Post edited by csaa on