Bend Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited October 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Product has just been finished. Release date pending.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• :)

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,924

Whelp, I might as well give you my entire wallet now...I can always go to the food pantries...wink

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Promos added to first post.

edited July 2017

For those who don't know what this product does, here is a promo vid showing the Genesis 3 version in action. This version is based on the same application design, but with more jcm refinements.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Promos added to first post.

Promos looks great! Thanks for posting!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

This is awesome! I have been waiting for this. Using your Bend control is always one of the first parts of my workflow as I am creating a character.

edited July 2017

Thanks. Needed a bit of tweaking because of the muscle flexing in genesis 8, but I am happy with the results. And yes, I use this all the time on my characters:) I hate thigh bulge lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    Sure, this will be a great product and very useful. But on the other side, its a shame that a new figure does not have these abilities by default.
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    XoechZ said:
    Sure, this will be a great product and very useful. But on the other side, its a shame that a new figure does not have these abilities by default.

When I checked out G8 the first time, I thought there is not much left for Zev0 to do. Now watching his promo video, I think I am wrong. Good job. Must have. 

What do we learn? There is allways something to improve. 

• HappyboyHappyboy Posts: 53
    XoechZ said:

When I checked out G8 the first time, I thought there is not much left for Zev0 to do. Now watching his promo video, I think I am wrong. Good job. Must have. 

Yeah, it is strange that G8 can't bend her thighs correctly but she can flex quads, and that she can bend her upper body correctly but can't flex biceps.

At least it stops Zevo from getting bored, lol. 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

Speaking about the promo video, that's not G8 but G3, right.

Yes, the G8 version will work similar. I don't have the time to make a G8 promo vid but the G3 one does a good job at showcasing what the product does in realtime for those who don't really get it looking at promos alone.

• 3CPO3CPO Posts: 156
    XoechZ said:

This has been a constant reccurence since Genesis 1. I am wondering, indeed, what do we learn?  Why are these kind of tweaks not implemented from the very beginning to make a better product from the start? Price? Time constaints? Deliberate policy? All of the above? All I can see, as an end customer is the spiral of "history" repeating itself, over and over. And then people wonder why the slow adoption of the new generation... Maybe I am the dumb one, having trouble understanding real progress...

Getting back to you product Zev0, great as has been since you started polishing...I am glad to see this willingness to improve  still holds.

Zev0 said:

Yes, the G8 version will work similar. I don't have the time to make a G8 promo vid but the G3 one does a good job at showcasing what the product does in realtime for those who don't really get it looking at promos alone.

And this is fitting seeing as Genesis 4 **(8) is not much more different than genesis 3, it is Victoria 8 that really incorporates the bend/flexion features much more than Genesis 4!

**(I think the Genesis 8 moniker is silly and have re-named my library's folders to reflect this)

edited July 2017

Actually the flex system is imbedded in the base model. Victoria 8's flexes just piggy backs off that. When I say flex I mean muscle flex.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Zev0 said:

And this is fitting seeing as Genesis 4 **(8) is not much more different than genesis 3, it is Victoria 8 that really incorporates the bend/flexion features much more than Genesis 4!

**(I think the Genesis 8 moniker is silly and have re-named my library's folders to reflect this)

Yeah, what happened to 5, 6 & 7?  I think it was to remove confusion with "Gen 4," i.e. Victoria 4.  Also, the Victoria 7/Gen 3 number difference is a pain.  Hopefully you don't have to do a lot of renaming.

edited July 2017
    Zev0 said:

Actually the flex system is imbedded in the base model. Victoria 8's flexes just piggy backs off that. When I say flex I mean muscle flex.

Indeed, as Genesis4 (8) does have flexion morphs as well as some JCM bending morphs (But your's are much better!) in fact, that is why I became an early adopter of Genesis4/Victoria 8!

dracorn said:
    Zev0 said:

Yeah, what happened to 5, 6 & 7?  I think it was to remove confusion with "Gen 4," i.e. Victoria 4.  Also, the Victoria 7/Gen 3 number difference is a pain.  Hopefully you don't have to do a lot of renaming.

For me it's:

• Generation 1-8
    • Victoria 1-8
    • Genesis 1-4

As far as folders are concerned my content folder has both Genesis 4 and Genesis 8 as separate folders in the same dirs (*:\****\TZO_(3D PROGS)\DAZ 3D_(64)\TZO_DAZ CONTENT\People\Genesis 8 (Alt 4)\Genesis 8 (alt 4) Female/Male)

I have this set up for my own alt/custom morphed character and the official version for their frequent updates...I also separate the genders under the genesis 1-4/8 monikers as there are coed products for the skins/materials as well as shared props and poses!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • DemiurgentDemiurgent Posts: 97

This'll be an automatic buy for me, but that almost goes without saying.

As for the nomenclature... I didn't have a problem figuring out that "Karen 7" was part of Victoria 7's wave, IE Genesis 3 Female. So going to 'Genesis 8' alongside 'Victoria 8' and all the other 'Figure 8' (pun not intended) simply means that same consistency's going across the product line.

But then, perhaps it's easiest to assume that 'Genesis 4-7' were exclusive to Windows 9.

Product is now live. Enjoyyes

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Zev0 said:

Product is now live. Enjoyyes

Thank you for the loyalty discount. Every little bit helps.
    heart

• Bend Control for G8F causes warnings in the DS log because it references morphs from Growing Up.

So I guess we have to wait for Growing Up for G8F to get rid of the warnings in DS log ? When does it come ?

edited August 2017

As long as a popup in viewport doesn't show its fine. It will list as an error looking for it in log. Won't break anything. But yes once Growing Up is release the log messages will go away. It's the same if people don't have V8. Product will log an error there as well in the log file.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • It's only warnings in DS log but I suspect that those warnings have negative impact on figure load time because DS has to go through the whole internal data structures to find out that the requested morph does not exist. Anyway, it's ok if Growing Up for G8F will fix the warnings :-)

If you want you can move the Growing Up related morphs so long. But I saw no impact on load times.

• Yep, so far there are only 8 warnings when loading G8F and it has no noticeable impact on load time.

I have much content and for G3F I had tons of warnings after a year or so and load times got very bad. After fixing some stuff and cleanup G3F loads in reasonable time again.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

Thanks for this product. Great work. It makes a good figure even better. :-)

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,027

will this work with 4.9.0.3?

It should work but I cannot guarentee as I no longer have such an old version installed.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020

Hey Zev, I know you super super busy with everything! I just wondering if you had plans on doing a Male version at some stage like you did with the G3s, I just saw no mention is all. I found this kit of yours essential with G3, and those problem bends especially at the calf and knee really pests me LOL! They need you on the figure development team haha

edited September 2017
    Bend Control G8M is complete. Just need to finish up some promos:)
    Post edited by Zev0 on