Sneak Peek - New Stylized Character by Omnifreaker [commercial]

omnifreakeromnifreaker Posts: 71

…a sneak peek of a new stylized character by omnifreaker and Ken Bishop.  Anyone interested in a new look?

Stylized Character by omnifreaker

www.omnifreaker.com

www.kenbishopart.com

Post edited by omnifreaker on

Comments

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

HA!

Now THIS is cool!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh my gosh that is really fun!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,610

Personally I would never have a use for this, but looks interesting, good luck with it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    edited April 2017

It's good for visualizing a style of wood carvings I do. I'd be interested.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

…a sneak peek of a new stylized character by omnifreaker and Ken Bishop.  Anyone interested in a new look?

For me, it all depends on how extensive the style is; by that, I refer to how wide a range of characters could I create that look like they belong in the same universe?

3DUniverse is my gold standard, with Toon Genrations 1 and 2, with Smay's Chibi's right beside them. 3DU  introduced a full range (male, female, young and old and everything in-between) that allowed for the creation of a whole Toon world, while the Chibi's proved flexible enough with Genesis 1-3 morphs. A new style that has only a male or female doesn't hold much appeal for me (not after the many female-only toons we've had that I bought and never used). That said, I do like the style and am interested to see where you go with it. 

-- Walt Sterdan 

• I love it and can definitely see myself using it. :)

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,922

Not bad!
    I hope this will lead to a new line of stylized chars!

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'ver never been too impressed with the animations from DAZ or Poser. The figures are too realistic, while the actions are not realistic enough. I can see THIS type of character animated. A step above/beyond/different-taste than the other toon style figures available.

• Thanks for all the feedback! More pics soon....

• ...and here is a full body shot:

incantoo warrior with axe sneak peek

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

As one that carves wood every blue moon, I love the carved & waxed wood look to this.

• Finishing up some of the details and 'accoutrements' ;)...

product_b_01.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • This now live in the store--check it out here!:

https://www.daz3d.com/incantoo-warrior

incantoo warrior

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850

I like the character nd the skeleton. But what stops me from buying is, that both figures comes with fixed clothes. The Warrior has his pants,belt, gloves and boots on, the skeleton, comes with boots, belt and gloves. That makes them unsuable for other things.

Skeletons with boned hands and feets could be used in other scenries too. And a "nude" Warrior would allow to create other clothings too. For taht reason, I'm out.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited October 2017

Feedsback so far: Warrior and sceleton are really cute, and they render well in DS 4.8.

For posing, I found that they accept G3 male poses, except for facial expressions. I like thatI can use G3 poses to give them a wider range of movements; it could also be useful for animations. What is a bit extra work is that the left and right eye are only moveable independently, so you can't do quick left/right/up/down movements, but you have to move the sliders for each eye separatly.

I agree with RCTSpanky that the fixed clothing is limiting the usage of the figure; the warrior could also e a superhero, or lumberjack, for example. But this is just the start of the series, so I'm curious to what will come.

EDIT: the below seems only to habben when you use DS 4.8. I loaded things in 4.10 Beta, and there it works fine, without the weird strands showing up. I am officially confused; the hills is just a flat prop, isn't it?

What I do have a problem with is the ground. It has thin... strands? to the side, that also show up in a render. Here's a screenshot:

But I really do love how the characters turn out in renders. Well done!

landscapewires.JPG
    1063 x 597 - 65K
    landscapewires2.JPG
    1622 x 942 - 226K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,789

So the pants are part of the figure?

Rather a "nude" figure but not to render nude but to allow for different style outfits.  Might get if the clothes were not built in.  Also need a female companion who is "nude" also. 

I could see these being a 3D kid's toy figures.  Maybe geographed joints to make him an action figure?  I see so many possibilities but the baked in pants is an issue for me.  What if I want to use the figure as a caveman for example?

He does look great though

• BeeMKay said:

I agree with RCTSpanky that the fixed clothing is limiting the usage of the figure; the warrior could also e a superhero, or lumberjack, for example. But this is just the start of the series, so I'm curious to what will come.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes--the idea is to to keep things simple with the clothing.  As you state, superhero and a wide variety of fantasy characters are still possibilities...;).

BeeMKay said:

EDIT: the below seems only to habben when you use DS 4.8. I loaded things in 4.10 Beta, and there it works fine, without the weird strands showing up. I am officially confused; the hills is just a flat prop, isn't it?

What I do have a problem with is the ground. It has thin... strands? to the side, that also show up in a render. Here's a screenshot:

All development was done in 4.9 and I never saw the "strands".  I would love to know if they go away for you in 4.9.

edited October 2017

I'm not changing over to 4.9 any time soon; I'm running 4.8 and the current version of the Beta side by side, so I can't test anything in 4.9.

Since 4.8 is my main engine, I'll ckeck out if I can narrow down what makes the strands appear... maybe some morph thing that gets read differently? But I really like the ground; it has a good texture resolution, and I'm looking forward to use it in many a render.

EDIT: Problem solved. DS 4.8 doesn't like Catmark Algorithm for Subdivision, for some unknown reason. Switching to Catmull-Clark removed the strands.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,901

I'll point out that D-force opens up clothing possibilities.

I'll point out that D-force opens up clothing possibilities.

Not if the pants and boots are part of the body mesh, and you end up with the poor guy missing his lower section when you hide them.... wink

• Lack of base model is a dealbreaker for me too.