Tilt-shift with Iray Camera?

With all the fun new Iray camera settings, including shift, I'd thought about doing a tilt-shift image. I couldn't see a way to do it, however. Is there something undocumented that might allow this? Or does it have to be done in post? 

Comments

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

This comes up from time to time, with some people wanting "tilt-shift" as discussed on that Wiki page, or the more traditional perspective correction as is common in architectural photograpgy. Either way, I don't think there's a feature, undocumented or not, for this.

"Tilt-shift" is supremely easy in Photoshop, and can be done with a radial gradient mask against a gaussian (or other) blur filter. Its very controllable and doesn't involve altering the underlying image, so you can retweak as much as you need. Probably take less than a minute to set it up. PS would also do the perspective correction, but not without a loss of pixel resolution, depending on the perspective fix, so it's important to overscan the render in order to keep quality.

• Shift is supported, I don't think tilt is.

• Thanks. I knew it could be done in PS, but I wasn't sure how close that got to the real effect.