Poser Companion? Legacy? DSON Core?

murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
edited December 1969 in The Commons

On some of my recent purchases, there are three versions available. I'm purely a DS 4.5 user. Does it make any difference which one I download?

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

If your not using poser 9 or 2012 you don't need any of the dson export stuff. So Studio only people will not need to get any of it.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    If your not using poser 9 or 2012 you don't need any of the dson export stuff. So Studio only people will not need to get any of it.

That doesn't answer the question. WHICH of the three files should I download? Or does it make no difference, in which case the question is which one is smallest?
    edited October 2012

Why do you want to download any of them if you don't use poser 9 or 2012? Or did I miss understand when you said you were a studio only user?

To use genesis in Poser you need all 3.

Post edited by Khory on
    edited October 2012

If I don't download any of the three, I don't get the product I bought.

Edit: To clarify, I've attached a screenshot from my download page. This is the complete assortment of files for this product. I'm on a Mac, so that cuts it down to three of the six. Which of those three do I want?

Screen_Shot_2012-10-11_at_7.27_.09_PM_.png
    344 x 277 - 36K
    Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

You only need the legacy one for either PC or Mac. The other 2 files are for Poser users.

Hope that helps :)

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,179
    edited December 1969

If you are using DAZ Studio 4.5, you'll want "DSON Core"...
    If your are using an earlier version of DAZ Studio, one that doesn't support the DSON format, you'll want "Legacy"...
    If you are using Poser 9/Pro 2012 with SR3 applied and the DSON Importer, you'll want the "DSON Core" AND the "Poser Companion"...
    If you are using an earlier version of Poser, you do not have [and you do not intended to have] SR3 or the DSON Importer installed, you'll want "Legacy"...

-Rob

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So DSON Core is the New Default DS4.5 file. That's good to know.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rob... totally screwed that up. Sorry :(

• EximorphEximorph Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    If your are using an earlier version of DAZ Studio, one that doesn't support the DSON format, you'll want "Legacy"...
    If you are using Poser 9/Pro 2012 with SR3 applied and the DSON Importer, you'll want the "DSON Core" AND the "Poser Companion"...
    If you are using an earlier version of Poser, you do not have [and you do not intended to have] SR3 or the DSON Importer installed, you'll want "Legacy"...

-Rob

I'm using Carrara 8.5 beta, so which files will I need?

edited December 1969

Thanks, Rob.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Eximorph said:
    rbtwhiz said:

-Rob

I'm using Carrara 8.5 beta, so which files will I need?

DSON Core

edited December 1969

Sorry Murgatroyd, my head was still on the question I have seen a dozen times today. Didn't even think about a new product bought today.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Sorry to momentarily derail this but...Khory, I love your avatar! Very nice. :)