StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Armor & Body Paints out now!

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

Nice Greg, I thought about both issues actually! ...I almost made the spikes on the pommel larger originally and was going to flatten the hilt, but didn't think anyone would notice!

Another thing I didn't notice (until I tried) was that she can't carry a 2 handed sword on her back, her shoulderpads and the horns on the mask make it somewhat difficult, always get in the way.
    So, I took the 2 hander and converted it into a regular 1 hander she can carrry attached to her belt. I will include both swords since they use the same texture, she just won't be able to store the 2 hander anywhere properly.

The scabbard is done... just missing the straps to attach it to the belt... then it's just wrapping up the chest piece which is half done and making a cape... then the fun in Daz can begin figuring out some rigging and weighting.

Your work is so distinctive, Mario. And I always go for dual wielding when possible - more damage!

- Greg

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 755
    edited November 2016

I'll make sure to have right/left sword wearables for dual wielding :)

Small update, just checking how things work together and reimporting the meshes in the bits and pieces needed so they can be attached properly... I'm hoping to do some final material tweaks and have everything attached and somewhat working this week. Then it would be just wrapping up the chest piece and figuring out how I want to do the cape. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am so going to buy this outfit/Armor as soon as it does finally hit the stores!!!

• a bit more, the headdress when the mask is off... The skin is... narkissa... karnissa... forgot the products name :/

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow that is really looking great Strangefate!!!

Such detailed craftsmenship!!!!!

You have a real talent for this. It looks so real.

edited November 2016

Thanks Saphire and Ice Dragon!

More stuff... I'll probably tweak the bright metals a bit tomorrow. Might be nice to have just a bit more contrast between the 2 metal tones.

(Image removed for nudity.  Bars are not acceptable.  Please go over what is here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest . )

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited November 2016

• amazing job Strangefate! can't wait for it :)

edited November 2016

Thanks Cichy, she's getting there, hoping to finish all the rigging this weekend... and I still haven't finished her chest plate and cape.

edited November 2016

I think the worst parts are done (or I really hope so anyway)... Headdress has 3 bones on each side and some morphs to help get a nice sense of motion. The different layers of the shoulder armor can be moved up and down separately with morphs and they can also be rotated a bit to the back and front to get them out of the way in some poses.

Excellent! Can't wait until this is finished, Mario. Is her pose/expression in this last image one that you plan on including in the set? I really like the way her eyes are framed by the mask. Anyway, if so, I'll start working on what she's reacting to - already got an idea in mind . . .

- Greg

• The pose was just for testing, seeing the range of motion I could get with the Headdress rigging and shoulderpad morphs... I don't know if I want to do any poses as part of the product yet, I thought maybe I'll include whatever I end up with for product shots. If you have some ideas for this pose, I'll happily refine and include it :)

• Everything but the chest piece and the cape are now hooked up and final... the belt has bones to move the right/left sides to allow for leg movement and the scabbard has a bone too. Scabbard and/or sword can be hidden from the belt... almost there.

Wow...

• I have to say that I love the belt holding the blade and scabbard!  Very nicely modeled.  Everything looks good.

edited December 2016

Pretty much done (as in almost) ...only have to do the texture for the cape and a simple morph for it... and that's it (aside from doing better looking icons and such).

There's a version of the shoulders without the cape too.

edited December 2016

Having fun with poses :/  ...the sword in the image is the 2 hander version... still have to export the 1 handed one as a wearable.

• The detail in your work is fantastic! Very unique designs too! Bravo!

edited December 2016

Thanks ColemanRugh!

And speaking of... one more, with more detail.

Stunning!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Wow! That's amazing! Can't wait to see it in the store!

Thanks ColemanRugh!

And speaking of... one more, with more detail.

The armor looks incredible, Mario. I wants it! I've been working on a couple of different ideas that I can't wait to render.

- Greg

I am incredibly pleased that you are including a scabbard for the sword....

edited December 2016

Good to hear that Ice Dragon, cause the scabbard was rather painful to rig... having the 3 straps that are attached to it bend more or less correctly when moving the scabbard around was a nightmare. Extreme rotations still mess it up somewhat.

One more without the mask ...I should have everything that's left done before the weekend. I just noticed that I need to add a morph to the forehead piece. It's close to the skin so when playing with facial poses that affect the forehead, it can clip a bit sometimes...

Was playing around with some mesh lights to add more light sources

Honestly, I feel like I can just reach out and touch this.  Of course, I'd probably cut my fingers off on the sword lol..

edited December 2016

It's just the default sun light from Iray renders and the bloom settings I had just discovered... works pretty well although most default settings seem to be set up to make you fail.

She's done, just have to build the product files and do some icons. Spent some time today playing around with Iray, figuring out what's what, and ended up with an image.

Wow....

Sweet image/idea, Mario. I love the undead, and your composition really highlights the 2 main figures well. Your metal materials are picking up the light just right.

- Greg