StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Armor & Body Paints out now!

Comments

• MelanieL said:

Strangefate said:

QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20, the lighting of the Inn will most likely be broken currently. We're working on a solution and will update all our affected products ASAP.

The 4.20 update will most likely not be backwards compatible, so if you plan on never ever, ever updating to Daz Studio 4.20, make sure to have/download a backup of all your ROG Products before we update them :)

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I keep my current version installers clearly marked! I'm likely to stay on DS4.16 for a long time yet, but thanks for doing the updates which (one day) I hope to be able to use!

May I ask why you (and I think plenty of others) would rather not update DS ?

• in my case because 4.11 was the last version with the option to uncheck Optix Accelleration which adds a GB of VRAM to my GTX card

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    edited February 2022

Strangefate said:

MelanieL said:

Strangefate said:

QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20, the lighting of the Inn will most likely be broken currently. We're working on a solution and will update all our affected products ASAP.

The 4.20 update will most likely not be backwards compatible, so if you plan on never ever, ever updating to Daz Studio 4.20, make sure to have/download a backup of all your ROG Products before we update them :)

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I keep my current version installers clearly marked! I'm likely to stay on DS4.16 for a long time yet, but thanks for doing the updates which (one day) I hope to be able to use!

Not specific to this update, but quite a few users stick to an older version because their video card is not supported by newer versions of Iray.

Post edited by Leana on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Leana said:

Strangefate said:

MelanieL said:

Strangefate said:

...[snip]

Not specific to this update, but quite a few users stick to an older version because their video card is not supported by newer versions of Iray.

Correct. My hardware is alost 10 years old and I can't replace it for a while yet.
    Also I use ghost lights a lot (they are apparently going to be fixed to work in DS4.20.xxx, but don't yet without a lot of manual fiddling).

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

I tend to be slow to upgrade. I use 3DL almost exclusively and have never actually tried dForce, which seems to be what everyone is thumping the drum about thse days.

Plus I'm on a Mac, which already puts me ast at least some disadvantage where Iray is concerned.

• I see, makes sense.  Thanks for the comments.

edited February 2022

Yeah. Besides, most of my renders are intended as virtual book illustrations. I don't really *want* them to look like photographs. 3DL is really quite good at making things look like illustrations. 

Post edited by JOdel on
  • StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756

@Jodel, Have you tried Painnt (in Microsoft store) or DAP (Dynamic Auto Painter) for Illustrations ?

(another) QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20, the lighting in most of our Products will most likely be broken currently.

Daz is looking into the issue.

For now, you can use the Script below on any of the ROG Product scenes to fix the lighting in 4.20. (load Scene in Daz, then run script in Daz).
    I would NOT save the changed saves over the original ones, in case Daz fixes the issue and makes the changes redundant.

CANDLES: Candles can only carry a partial fix due to how they're built. You may get large white/yellow bloom spheres around them if using bloom depending on distance and angle to the candles.
    The Iray denoiser will completely fix this as soon as it kicks in.
    If you don't want to denoise your renders, set it to kick in on the first or second iteration. That will fix the bloom issue and have little to no effect on the final render.

SCRIPT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60grr16h1sx1bsr/ROG_LightSolution.zip?dl=0

*There's 2 scripts, one for the Euro Apartment, and another for all other ROG enviros.

I often use AlienSkin's SnapArt Photoshop plug-in which is analog-style filters for images. The oil paint filter is a favorite, but I've used some of the others as well. Topaz Labs also has a set which does a lot of the same things. Very useful, both of them. 

• It's been a while!

A quick update on things:

1. The Red Crow Inn and Medieval Bedroom have already been updated to render properly with 4.20+ Iray

2. The Fantasy Home Products and Euro Apartment will have their updated submitted today or tomorrow. If you really don't want the updates, make sure to make a backup of the current versions.

3. Kadis armor is being updated to Genesis 8... nothing new was added, just proper G8 support. Update for the product will be submitted today or tomorrow too.

4. Additional armors are still being worked on on the side.

5. As part of taking a break from Hobbit'ish stuff we've been messing around with Superheroes, and villains.
    I have a feeling that Superhero stuff isn't as popular as Fantasy, but they're fun to do... so we'll see how it goes.

-First one is Mad Love, more about her coming soon.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

Strangefate said:

What if Harley Quinn, the Joker and Batman were all the same person?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

Gordig said:

Strangefate said:

Would require being like Odo from Deepspace 9 

• Robert Freise said:

Gordig said:

Strangefate said:

Or just really crazy !

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 141

I always prefer Fantasy to Superhero, but with your quality the Superhero stuff will be instant buys.

• Robert Freise said:

Gordig said:

Strangefate said:

Or just being super crazy!

• Romulus71 said:

I always prefer Fantasy to Superhero, but with your quality the Superhero stuff will be instant buys.

Yeah, I think most people do, at least judging by what you see in the Gallery :)

edited November 2022

Small update:

- All our Products should be updated by now to work with Daz 4.20+ Iray lighting changes. This includes Roguey's Euro Apartment.

- Since I have a lot of modeled Fantasy gear lying around and not enough energy to make as many armor sets, we decided to instead just release the single pieces from time to time, doing them as side projects.
    The advantage of that is that it's also easier to put a bit more extra love into a small piece than when you're dealing with a whole armor.

The first piece is a G8 (male+female) and G9 helmet, comes with 3 different horn variants and I'm doing 3-4 different texture variations for it too.
    Neck guard can be collapsed/extended and like the Bonebreaker helmet, has a lot of morphs to deform it, so it can fit Ogers, Orcs etc

By Crom, not even the gods offer as much protection as this helmet!

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • Helmet is done and going through some testing etc

Forum thread for the Helmet with additional promos and info for those interested: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/602851/coming-soon-fantasy-brutal-gear-helmet-01-for-genesis-8-male-female-and-g9-commercial

edited November 2022

Helmet has gone through QA and is awaiting a release date!

One of the (too) many other projects is also getting there, just need to texture the interior.
    It's not a bird, nor Superman, but it's vintage...

You'll be able to hide the Dome or the Windshield, or both, if you like the wind that much.

And the comfy, party-ready interior:

• I'm also going to get the retro-style saucer car when it hits the store.  I love it!! :)

Lee

• Looking forward to this as well

• Very cool! 

• Some promos for the Retro UFO:

• Ok, seriously, this is very cool. Can't wait for it to come out. Also, LOVE the chrome girls. Very Soryama inspired. 

• ksmith3620 said:

Ok, seriously, this is very cool. Can't wait for it to come out. Also, LOVE the chrome girls. Very Soryama inspired. 

Ditto 

edited December 2022

Glad you like it, hope people manage to have some fun with it :)

More Promos!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Oh my.. This one for sure!

Roguey has been mostly busy preparing for her exams that are coming soon, so I started something new while other projects wait for her.

You'll be able to hide most elements independently with buttons of sliders (fabrics, bones, beads etc).

I'll do something for the head too, just haven't figured out what exactly yet.
    I'm leaning towards a human skull helmet because it seems fitting, but I think people like head gear that still shows the wearer's face... so, we'll see.

She'll also get a pair of knifes that attach to the belt.

I also like sets, so I'm liking the idea of a base figure gear and then releasing other things that go along to expand and add options for variation, like sets of painted tribal weapons and shield, different tops or addons etc.

Anyway, still tweaking materials and body paint atm and working on more body paints.
    Body paints are on a Geoshell and tintable, it's all exported in white with masks, and you can tint the white and/or black to any color you like.