Wormbeast... Finally...

I’m finally back with a new creature; the long awaited Wormbeast.

It took me a while to complete this set because there’s three characters included; the male; the female and the juvenile each one having two texture sets and six pose presets. And that’s just a starter. More stuff to come. 

Blog_FinalComp01.jpg
2000 x 667 - 466K

Comments

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327

Here's more render.

Main_FinalComp01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Familly_FinalComp01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,885

Whoa, that's nice!

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

excellent set.

Thanks

Here's even more renders...

VS_Jaws_FinalComp01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 818K
    VS_Baryolax_FinalComp01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M

Wormbeast comes with Iray shaders; 3Delight shaders and Poser shaders. It should look good no matter what renderer you're using. 

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    JoLab said:

Wormbeast comes with Iray shaders; 3Delight shaders and Poser shaders. It should look good no matter what renderer you're using. 

Sold! Any ETA?

- Walt Sterdan

At least 2 weeks from now.

• Sweet! Definitely gonna want that.

• No visible eyes make these look better and more unique! If oneof the Baryolax expansions gives it such a morph, these could even pass as its offspring. I wonder if emissive shaders could be used in Iray to give the skin a slight florescent glow through water...

What's the difference between the male/female models?

• No visible eyes make these look better and more unique! If oneof the Baryolax expansions gives it such a morph, these could even pass as its offspring. I wonder if emissive shaders could be used in Iray to give the skin a slight florescent glow through water...

The female ones are even more dangerous than the male.

Cheers,

Alex.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

So ... cute. The third preview image, "At Home with the Wormbeast Family" is just adorbs.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201

It's...beautiful

Thanks guys for your comments.

No visible eyes make these look better and more unique! If oneof the Baryolax expansions gives it such a morph, these could even pass as its offspring. I wonder if emissive shaders could be used in Iray to give the skin a slight florescent glow through water...

Well, the male is a bit bigger with a bulkier build while the female is more streamlined. I separated them into 3 figures mostly because I can make better normal maps for them which mean better details.

Also I’m working on a Texture Set to bring even more style to the wormbeasts. Like a lava wormbeast, a rock wormbeast and even a bioluminescent one which is going to look awesome with Iray. 

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited September 2015

Suggested add-ons: millipede/centipede/caterpillar legs; down, spikes, and quills, especially across the top of the head and along the spine.

You've actually got a good basis for one of David Gerrold's Chtorrans there, minus the googly eyes and the mantis arms.

I'm definitely buying this when it comes out.                         

Post edited by Morpheon on
    Morpheon said:

Suggested add-ons: millipede/centipede/caterpillar legs; down, spikes, and quills, especially across the top of the head and along the spine.

You've actually got a good basis for one of David Gerrold's Chtorrans there, minus the googly eyes and the mantis arms.

I'm definitely buying this when it comes out.                         

That would make a great addon. Thanks for the suggestion. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

the worms are so adorable

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,885

They look like they are singing. ;)

• Definitely something I'm gonna want, and that's a fact! heart

• Amazing work with the subsurface settings. Their textures look awesome! I really love the family set too. It makes them more realistic when you have gone to the effort to have both genders and offspring. Love it! 

Thanks Saiyaness for your nice comments.

Here's another render of a dead juvenile Wormbeast. 

theFind.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 564K
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

Poor baby :(

I want wormbeast as it is so cool.

Good news everyone, Wormbeast should be released this Monday, second of November.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Excellent! Eagerly awaiting!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    JoLab said:

Good news everyone, Wormbeast should be released this Monday, second of November.

Credit card standing by...

-- Walt Sterdan

Tomorrow?  Yeah!

I am not finding it in the store atm.  I can't remember if I already got it or not.