The Blackbird.jpg
2560 x 2202 - 2M
Blackbird.jpg
1200 x 1942 - 730K
Post edited by ioonrxoon on

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Nice! I, of course, downloaded it immediately. Thanks! yessmiley  

"The Maltese Falcon" was one convoluted movie but Bogie truly shined in it... this bird caused a whole lot of trouble...

• There was me thinking of an SR71 aircraft.. Lovely model, and a really nice shader. I love the semi-matte finish. Regards, Richard.
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

richardandtracy said:

There was me thinking of an SR71 aircraft.. Lovely model, and a really nice shader. I love the semi-matte finish. Regards, Richard.

+   yeah , kind of thought of that   &  +  also  The Beatles  +  thanx 

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

@AOBB I wanted to do a render like this one ever since you posted the morph, but an early attempt at turning Deepsea's eagle into a statue didn't end up anywhere. Thanks for all the fantastic morphs btw.

There was a black bird statue appearing in some of the old quest for glory games, that's the one that came to mind when I chose the title.

@ioonrxoon - You are very welcome! It's so heartwarming that you appreciate my head morphs. smiley I also thank you again for the Blackbird statue. It really put a big smile on my face. I don't know if you've noticed but I posted a Peter Lorre morph named Mr Cairo... wink 

• Being a lifelong cinephile, i immediately downloaded it and used it.

I put a P.I. who's really worried he got this package sent to him, and put it in black and white. I opted for a mix between the orginal aspect ratio and somewhat panoramic frame.

Pretty darn happy about my illustration.

2023-04-07_22h43_54.png
    934 x 724 - 772K
  • montrealfilmguy said:

Being a lifelong cinephile, i immediately downloaded it and used it.

I put a P.I. who's really worried he got this package sent to him, and put it in black and white. I opted for a mix between the orginal aspect ratio and somewhat panoramic frame.

Worth being happy about, nicely done! heart

• montrealfilmguymontrealfilmguy Posts: 127
    edited April 2023

Catherine3678ab said:

montrealfilmguy said:

Being a lifelong cinephile, i immediately downloaded it and used it.

Worth being happy about, nicely done! heart

thank you kindly. :-)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • perlkperlk Posts: 847

This is really cool! Also, what suit is that in the original render? (I'm modeling a 1940's inspired suit right now actually...)

@perlk - Looks to me like this suit:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mi-two-piece-business-suit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

With the texture add-on:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mi-two-piece-business-suit-texture-add-on

OMG, I cannot believe you are doing a 1940's style suit! I guess a men's suit - with wide leg, pleated pants and jackets with a classic fit and broad shoulders. I was so dreaming of such a suit and I think you are about to make this dream come true. Thank you, perlk! This is awesome.

Now we need someone to do some nice 1940's style hair, especially for the ladies...

BTW, what software do you use to make your clothes?

heartyes

AOBB said:

@perlk - Looks to me like this suit:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mi-two-piece-business-suit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

With the texture add-on:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mi-two-piece-business-suit-texture-add-on

OMG, I cannot believe you are doing a 1940's style suit! I guess a men's suit - with wide leg, pleated pants and jackets with a classic fit and broad shoulders. I was so dreaming of such a suit and I think you are about to make this dream come true. Thank you, perlk! This is awesome.

Now we need someone to do some nice 1940's style hair, especially for the ladies...

BTW, what software do you use to make your clothes?

heartyes

I use Hexagon to model, DS for staging, and Photoshop and Materialize for texturing.

I'll PM you a preview :-)

edited April 2023

Thank you, perlk! smiley

Gary-Coopers-1940s-wearing-a-tweed-jacket-and-knitted-tie-and-grey-pants-726x900.jpg
    726 x 900 - 79K
    Post edited by AOBB on

heart

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 173
    edited May 2023

Here is a couple of images that I did with the Blackbird for a recent Daz+ competition.

Thank you for this fine asset. I render quite a lot of detective noir scenes and this will be great.

The Heist 4.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    The Heist 5.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by Matt_Brown on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687

Is it gone already?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

It's still at Renderosity, just do a freestuff search for bird or blackbird.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687

Faeryl Womyn said:

It's still at Renderosity, just do a freestuff search for bird or blackbird.

Thanks a heap!  Snagged it!

edited June 2023

The statue received a few new coats of paint thanks to 3dshards. You can get the new version here: https://3dshards.com/product/the-blackbird/

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,065
    When is a bird that is not black, a blackbird? Let me think... No, my brain hurts. Thanks for this, regards, Richard.
    edited June 2023

One more update, the new mats made me realize how terrible the UV mapping was - now that is fixed as well.

@richardandtracy Blackbirds are red, blackbirds are blue; something, something, I have no clue! Thanks.

• The bird looks great and I love the new textures, especially the brass one.
    Thanks

• Dim support is now available for this one as well..