False Nails for Genesis 9 HALLOWEEN EDITION [Released]

CensoredCensored Posts: 41
edited October 2023 in The Commons

False Nails for Genesis 9 thoughts and questions

Post edited by Censored on

Comments

• CensoredCensored Posts: 41
    Post your thoughts or questions if you have any here, hope you enjoy
  • I love the look but have not been able to figure out how to put the pattern on the nails

• It never ever fails...I poked around with this for an hour and couldn't figure it out. Five minutes after I ask for help, I figure it out. Never fails. I overlooked the shell nested under the nail.

• hwgs1971 said:

It never ever fails...I poked around with this for an hour and couldn't figure it out. Five minutes after I ask for help, I figure it out. Never fails. I overlooked the shell nested under the nail.

Hi there, I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Unfortunately with what I wanted in terms of functionality and customization this was the only system I could find that worked exactly as intended. Though through testing it was apparent that it was a little difficult to get to grips with to begin with, hopefully the "guide" pop up was of some use. I hope you enjoy the product, and I would love to see what you end up creating with it.
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319

I had this product on my wishlist for a while and bought it a few days ago. The promos look very promising and luckily there are also 'normal', classic nail shapes. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it!

• caravelle said:

I had this product on my wishlist for a while and bought it a few days ago. The promos look very promising and luckily there are also 'normal', classic nail shapes. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it!

I'm glad to hear you managed to pick it up. I appreciate Destiny's Design's help with the Promos as always. If you'd like to post renders of your creations I would welcome them on this thread.

• Is there any way to morph the nails so that they are longer?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Angela3D said:

Is there any way to morph the nails so that they are longer?

There is something like this in the store https://www.daz3d.com/long-nails-salon-for-genesis-9

and other similar products.

But you can also create a morph yourself in a modeller.

• felis said:

Angela3D said:

There is something like this in the store https://www.daz3d.com/long-nails-salon-for-genesis-9

and other similar products.

But you can also create a morph yourself in a modeller.

Thanks Felis :) 

• Angela3D said:

I'm not sure if I am double replying to you, but I recieved this as a question yesterday, this was part of my response to that person "If I were to add something like that to the product it would likely have to be as part of an addon pack. I'm not sure how well the patterns would translate on shapes that much longer as the UVs have to be shared with all of the nails and the extent of the "sheet" was already used. Unfortunatly there's no quick, easy way of making them longer, making it something of an undertaking. Is there a specific reason you would want them that long? I'm curious to know if it's a popular style that I'm not aware of?" I'd be interested to hear if it's something that users are missing with the product, and if I should consier including it in a future release?

Patterns will have to be compressed to match longer nails. But you could make a dedicated UV map for long nails so it matches.

As an alternativ to nail morphs, is fake nails, i.e. nails on top of the original nails. That would be UV unwrapped to the actual size, so no texture stretching.

edited October 2023

Just for fun

G8F_fake_nails.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by felis on
  • felis said:

As an alternativ to nail morphs, is fake nails, i.e. nails on top of the original nails. That would be UV unwrapped to the actual size, so no texture stretching.

I'm not sure if I've missed something but "False Nails for Genesis 9" is the product name of my false nails product on my store page. Which are not morphs, and are nail models on top of the original nail, the UV I was refering to are the custom ones I made for the patterns.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,731

Understood ~ The product looks nice and it's in my cart yes

• The new Halloween / Fall Addon has been released! 

• Now with an added Diffuse layer system for a triple layered effect, as well added accessories options

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319

Oh yes. Yes, please! smiley

• at all-new patterns

• Any plans for offering this for G8? Great looking package!  I'd love to have it available for the plethora of G8 (8.1) characters I have in my runtime!

• hwgs1971hwgs1971 Posts: 128

@Censored, how did you get such amazing detail on those hands in your promo shots? Which Daz model did you use? I have hundreds of models and none look anywhere as realistic as yours. Is it heavily photoshopped? The original False Nails is one of my favorite products, I will definitely buy the Halloween version too. I just wish I could get the skin textures on my renders to look like yours

Screenshot 2023-10-14 102957.png
    986 x 1083 - 1M
  • photonflash1_e7a0be045e said:

Any plans for offering this for G8? Great looking package!  I'd love to have it available for the plethora of G8 (8.1) characters I have in my runtime!

I've considering offering G8 support, but with the difference in proportions and nail shapes this would require me to redo the entire project essentially from scratch. So the issue at the minute is trying to find the time to set aside for the project.

• hwgs1971 said:

@Censored, how did you get such amazing detail on those hands in your promo shots? Which Daz model did you use? I have hundreds of models and none look anywhere as realistic as yours. Is it heavily photoshopped? The original False Nails is one of my favorite products, I will definitely buy the Halloween version too. I just wish I could get the skin textures on my renders to look like yours

I actually outsource my renderes to another PA one here; Destinys Design, but I can let her know to have a look at the forums for you.

• Destiny's DesignDestiny's Design Posts: 60
    edited October 2023

hwgs1971 said:

Heyy there! So I believe the character I used was Victoria with her original skin. I almost exclusively use the Core Daz Original models as I find their skin details to be absolutly incredible. I can't speak to other artists characters as I don't own many, but certainly the Core Daz ones never cease to amaze me. The trick I guess, if there ever was one, is (obviously useing the HD normals) and in the lighting. And avoiding flooding the details with harsh light. I believe Cake One's "Click N' Render (in this case I think the "IBL" Set)" HDRIs is a perfect tool for getting that nice lighting. Hope that helps!

Post edited by Destiny's Design on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,731
    edited October 2023

The amazing V9 thanks to those 8K Detail NM maps in the char & mat preset.

Post edited by crosswind on