AOBB's head morph Scarlett G9 for G9F based on Vivien Leigh. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited December 2022 in Freebies

Scarlett G9 refers of course to Scarlett O'Hara from the movie "Gone With The Wind" (1939) - Vivien Leigh's most famous role and one she won an Oscar for. I even found in DAZ store the Scarlett O'Hara outfit from the beginning of the movie, so I obviously had to dress her in the "Southern Belle" clothes for the promos. smiley

Assets used in promos:

Victoria 9 (body shape and makeup - foundation)

Lully's LIE Makeup (Renderosity)

Pen Hair G2F

Deeta Hair G2F

Southern Belle outfit G2F

BOSS Pro Lights

Wow, this was a difficult sculpt. It took me almost a month of every day "zbrushing" to get this likeness right. Every day I thought I already had it right just to look at the model appaled the next day. Now I think this is the best I can come up with and it is decent, so here you have it.

Non-commercial use only, please.

Enjoy, let me know what you think and of course - I am waiting for your renders with Scarlett! smiley

Cheers,

AOBB

zip
zip
Scarlett G9.zip
2M
Scarlett G9 F.png
501 x 750 - 671K
Scarlett G9 TQ.png
501 x 750 - 677K
Scarlett G9 P.png
501 x 750 - 675K
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

My own render of Scarlett - an updated version of the one I posted a while ago in the gallery:

You might find this usefull for your GWTW renders:

https://www.daz3d.com/antebellum-mansion

laugh

AOBB

Sweet Sixteen 01.png
    568 x 850 - 970K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

AOBB said:

My own render of Scarlett - an updated version of the one I posted a while ago in the gallery:

You might find this usefull for your GWTW renders:

https://www.daz3d.com/antebellum-mansion

laugh

AOBB

When we lived in LaGrange Georgia on occasional long weekends we'd be taken to various old towns in rural Georgia. One we were taken to was Milledgeville, Georgia which had old style mansions like those, except they were prettier. Georgia is a pretty state if you don't mind the heat & humidity.

Very nice. I think she's a good likeness. I had seen the movie multiple times as a child (Thanks, mom! laugh She liked it so much she also found a 1st edition of that book at a local Salvation Army Jacksonville, FL), so I recognize her.

edited January 2023

Hi nonesuch00,

I've never been to Southern U.S. I actually hate heat and humidity but I imagine those mansions in Georgia and yes - they must have been a gorgeous sight indeed. I hope you enjoyed watching GWTW as a child - it's not exactly a kiddie movie, isn't it? LOL. 

I already got a Clark Gable lifecast, so you know whose likeness I'm doing next. smiley

I am going on a two month trip at the beginning of January, so I won't be able to do anything during that time but I am really looking forward to making this sculpt once I return.

Cheers,

AOBB

P.S. Thank you for appreciating "my" Scarlett! smileyyes

Post edited by AOBB on
    edited January 2023

AOBB said:

Hi nonesuch00,

I've never been to Southern U.S. I actually hate heat and humidity but I imagine those mansions in Georgia and yes - they must have been a gorgeous sight indeed. I hope you enjoyed watching GWTW as a child - it's not exactly a kiddie movie, isn't it? LOL. 

I already got a Clark Gable lifecast, so you know whose likeness I'm doing next. smiley

I am going on a two month trip at the beginning of January, so I won't be able to do anything during that time but I am really looking forward to making this sculpt once I return.

Cheers,

AOBB

P.S. Thank you for appreciating "my" Scarlett! smileyyes

OMG! You have got to do yourself a favour and look at visiting, over the course of a couple of weeks (months if you can afford it), coastal Georgia, island hopping the Sea Islands. The huge live oak with spanish moss draped all over it is surreal and so beautiful. Go far down as Fort Clinch and Little Talbot Island in far northeast Florida. Of course I realize they are not as idyllic and serene as in my childhood with all the modern vehicle traffic but hey, the live oaks draped in spanish moss promise to stand still for you are least.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Sounds very tempting the way you describe it! smiley Maybe one day...

This might be of interest to GWTW fans:

https://www.workandmoney.com/s/inside-mansion-inspired-gone-with-the-wind-ddeef213354547e6

I'd love to spend a weekend in a B&B like that! laugh

AOBB said:

Sounds very tempting the way you describe it! smiley Maybe one day...

This might be of interest to GWTW fans:

https://www.workandmoney.com/s/inside-mansion-inspired-gone-with-the-wind-ddeef213354547e6

I'd love to spend a weekend in a B&B like that! laugh

That is close to Atlanta and that mansion is very similar. Milledgeville is quite a bit father out. The closest I've been to staying at something that upper class is a place in Arlington, VA where you had to climb this small set of wooden stairs to climb into the very high bed. I'm like, 'What is this?' but found out that was how the upper class designed their beds in colonial American times. laugh

I am more partial to Jekyll Island, although they've added a bunch of new places: Island Guide & Maps • Jekyll Island, Georgia • Vacation, Conservation, and Education Destination 

Never stayed in those places though, it's expensive. We lived in Brunswick, Georgia. You can hear alligators barking when you drive out to the island through the brackish water swamps.

Alligators?!!! Brrr...

I wonder how much does a night at such an upscale B&B cost in Georgia... It's funny how people used to sleep. I've been to Rembrandt's house in Amsterdam. The bed there was totally enclosed with a door and if I remember correctly, they slept with their backs upright (sitting) although I'm not sure of that bit. I'd have to find the photo I've taken of that bed.

AOBB said:

Alligators?!!! Brrr...

I wonder how much does a night at such an upscale B&B cost in Georgia... It's funny how people used to sleep. I've been to Rembrandt's house in Amsterdam. The bed there was totally enclosed with a door and if I remember correctly, they slept with their backs upright (sitting) although I'm not sure of that bit. I'd have to find the photo I've taken of that bed.

Wow, that's awesome. Is that the 1600s? It would be very interesting to see an authentic replica of his living quarters and art supplies. 

You can camp out on the north side of Jekyll Island relatively cheap compared to today's hotel prices, at a primitive site, which is what I use, $36 a night and the RV sites are $51 a night. I know that there is camping at Fort Clinch, Fl on the north end of Amelia Island, Florida too. That is a old civil war fort that has some of the workers walking around in civil war clothing. The St Mary's River is on the north end of Amelia Island and then in Georgia on the other side is Cumberland Island. One must take a ferry in Georgia to get to Cumberland Island. There are wild horses on Cumberland Island.

I would guess, and it's just a guess, the average historic B&B in Georgia wouldn't cost more than $250 a night. I may be completely out of touch with reality though since all that covid money was put into circulation. I just checked for you. The place my mom worked as a waitress, The Jekyll Island Club Resort, is now $229 a night. Long ago, when she worked there as a waitress, it was much cheaper but I think then it was then a 'rich person's club only' and now they have shifted the whole island to be more of a family resort. All those other hotels on the link to the Jekyll Island map show weren't even there, except Holiday Inn, but I'm not sure on the rest though, certainly not all of them. Sea Island/St Simon's Island has an old Cloister if you like visiting religious places. I remember me & my friends visited a monastery once on the southwest coast of Norway north of Stavanger and a monk started following us around the monastery. It kind of spooked us so we left as we were afraid of being arrested. I guess we weren't actually allowed up in that bell tower and the other places we were wondering around aimlessly in. Next time, we'll know nynorsk so we don't cause unwarranted trouble again. We didn't see any signs though I swear. laugh  That monastery herded sheep for their wool but I don't know if they used the wool to make their robes or what, except they had many sheep fenced in by dry laid limestone fences.

jekyll island georgia hotels - Search (bing.com)

Believe it or not I found a very old Bulova gold watch in the buried in the sand (I was digging lightly looking for sand dollars) of the St. Mary's River where it empties into the Atlantic Ocean when we camped at Fort Clinch. It's an adventure, but a laid back sort of adventure. The watch was a gift to a man as a retirement present after 25 years working as a baker for a company. However, how to figure out where the guy was from I couldn't do as the watch had been lost a very long time. It also still worked when I wound it up! Later, when I was grown up, that watch long gone (stolen), I wanted to buy a nice gold watch to look professional and remembering that found one's quality, wanted a Bulova once again, but forget it, price was out of my league! Instead, I bought a gold Tissot watch with a leather wrist band, much cheaper (well not anymore - surprise! frown), but more than a Timex.

Thank you for doing the research for me on the resort/hotel/B&B prices! That's very kind of you. smiley I'm happy to hear that you know Norway. I've been there twice and absolutely loved it. I've visited Stavanger with its lovely little white houses and even the oil rig museum. I imagine how creeped out you must have been by the monk. Being followed like that definitely stirs up our fears and paranoia.

I loved the gold Bulova watch story (memory) of yours and I wish the watch didn't get stolen. It's amazing that it worked! Yes watches are expensive. It seems to be more connected to their "vanity" than true value. When it comes to looks, I love the Rado watches. Tissots are a good mid-higher level quality watches. I had one, all metal silver/gold for years and loved it but it finally got damaged beyond repair. I cannot imagine spending tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on a watch - no matter how intricate its mechanism may be or how many diamonds there are around the watch's face.

The Rembrandt house was awesome. Upstairs was his workshop and a room with all the artifacts like sketchbooks and ancient sculptures that Rembrandt collected over the years (he was an avid collector!). The only thing I didn't like about the house was the very narrow, treacherous wooden staircase that led from floor to floor. Given how precious a commodity space is in Amsterdam though I understand the builders of the house didn't want to waste it on stairs!

AOBB said:

Thank you for doing the research for me on the resort/hotel/B&B prices! That's very kind of you. smiley I'm happy to hear that you know Norway. I've been there twice and absolutely loved it. I've visited Stavanger with its lovely little white houses and even the oil rig museum. I imagine how creeped out you must have been by the monk. Being followed like that definitely stirs up our fears and paranoia.

I loved the gold Bulova watch story (memory) of yours and I wish the watch didn't get stolen. It's amazing that it worked! Yes watches are expensive. It seems to be more connected to their "vanity" than true value. When it comes to looks, I love the Rado watches. Tissots are a good mid-higher level quality watches. I had one, all metal silver/gold for years and loved it but it finally got damaged beyond repair. I cannot imagine spending tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on a watch - no matter how intricate its mechanism may be or how many diamonds there are around the watch's face.

The Rembrandt house was awesome. Upstairs was his workshop and a room with all the artifacts like sketchbooks and ancient sculptures that Rembrandt collected over the years (he was an avid collector!). The only thing I didn't like about the house was the very narrow, treacherous wooden staircase that led from floor to floor. Given how precious a commodity space is in Amsterdam though I understand the builders of the house didn't want to waste it on stairs!

We also got to experience a Norwegian blizzard because we had the gall to plan to drive in a rented station wagon from Copenhagen to the Russia border and lastly down to Helsinki, Finland via Finmark during a  November but a blizzard blew in from the Atlantic Ocean, when we only got as far as Bergen, forcing us to cut directly across Norway going east now towards Stockholm. I was driving so slow towards Stockholm on these little ice covered roads following the cliffsides beside the fjords. Gorgeous, but scary. We'd get to the intersecton of roads that we'd want to switch onto and there'd be sign in Norwegian closed until "Next Spring" Ugh! We didn't plan on that either. So we'd go back the way we came on that scary, icy road and try the next one until we found one that wasn't closed and got past the fjords up to the top of an icy mountain; and did you know that station wagons will ski going down an icy mountain road and that hearing your passengers scream is distracting? Thank goodness the station wagon was a manual so that I could shift into low and regain control of it. When we stopped at the gas station at the foot of the mountain on the other side. a lady there warned us not to drive up to the top of that mountain. When we told her we had just came off the top of that mountain she looked at us like, "You dummies! Are you crazy?!" She did participate with us, inspite of our insanity, in our snow ball fight though. Of course we were the only people on the road the whole evening and night in that blizzard until we got to the foot of that mountain. We finally got near the Norwegian - Swede border into a hotel. However, the next morning when we resumed the drive to Stockholm we saw someone crazier then we were - we passed a old lady in her 70s riding her bicycle up the side of this winding mountain road shoulder we were driving up in what was still a very heavy snow storm but no longer a blizzard. That wind and snow was blowing hard directly in her face as she stood crouched over her handbar in her bike pedals raised off the seat; pumping those pedals!; that bike shifting "left!, right!, left!, right!, left!" like she was biking to a military march cadence some crazed drill sargeant was barking in her head! We gasped in astonishment when we saw her! She actually was having no trouble getting up the mountain side. She was amazing. We did get to Stockholm and then via a overnight cruise-ferry to Helsinki. They had gambling machines and lots of alcohol on the ferry to Helsinki.

I have a Rado watch too! I bought it at the same jewelry store that I bought the Tissot at on Bahnofstrasse. It was 600 or 700 CHF and the Tissot was 1200 CHF but I like the Rado much better. That sounds expensive but at the time a CHF was only worth 50 USD cents. Compare that to now when a video card costs twice as much as what I paid for the Tissot and 4 times as much when you conside that a CHF is now worth more than a USD! I love the Rado, it's the one I wear, never worn the gold one as I was afraid I'd break it, but I have trouble finding a jeweler that will actually replace the watch battery with an actual NEW battery in the USA. A jeweler in Switzerland wouldn't dare try that stunt with a customer like they do in the USA. I don't know what the main part of the watch face is made of but it is indestructable. After I moved back to the USA I spent hobby time over 10 years doing heavy gardening and fieldstone construction work for my mom and absolutely tore to pieces two of the Rado heavy metal watch bands doing that work, having to thrown them away, but the main watch and the watch crystal face itself did not even have a tiny ping or scratch of any sort. Amazing. I gathered, moved, hit myself accidently, drew blood, over and over, all sorts of rocks, weighting up to 75 - 100 lbs each at times, but that watch face looks unworn even though I wore that watch non-stop, even sleeping and showering. Need to find a proper watch new battery though.

@nonesuch00 - I am leaving tomorrow and the trip will last almost two days. I am busy now preparing for the journey. When I arrive and catch a breath I will respond to your very interesting post. Just so you don't think I forgot about you! smiley

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - I am leaving tomorrow and the trip will last almost two days. I am busy now preparing for the journey. When I arrive and catch a breath I will respond to your very interesting post. Just so you don't think I forgot about you! smiley

Oh, that response you just wrote is just fine. I was just practicing writing. It is true what I wrote, but reading it just now, I realize I need to break it down into shorter sentences and multiple paragraphs. That was a crazy and fun vacation. We also bought hot dogs and graveyard candles to cook the hot dogs on. We cooked them in our hotel room.  

I finally arrived at my destination and got some rest. Yes, it is a good idea to break into paragraphs the text you are writing. The breaks should occur when you have finished a thought. It is much easier to read posts that are subdivided this way.

The description of your travel through the snow-covered and blizzard-swept Scandinavia on icy roads was so vivid and a great read. The old woman riding her bike amidst such weather - now she must have been one tough hombre!

I'm a creature of comfort, so I go on organized trips - usually with "Cosmos". It's much easier this way.

Yes, I have a Rado watch - the bracelet and watch case are made out of some proprietary metal/ceramic alloy that is scratch-resistant. I have bought mine on ebay several years ago from a reputable second-hand dealer, so I didn't spend any crazy amount of money on it. I love my watch (now how ridiculous is that?!)... ;)