Forum icons missing--they are fine in store & Other Forum Issues

3WC3WC Posts: 1,095
edited January 2023 in The Commons

Forum icons missing--they are fine in store.

I am using latest FF browser, Win 11

(Title edited by mods to reflect all issues)

Screenshot 2022-12-22 091826.png
379 x 190 - 4K
Screenshot 2022-12-22 091903.png
392 x 131 - 9K
Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• Have you tried clearing your browser cache? That just fixed it for me.

• It was an issue but seems OK for me now, I don't know if that is luck or if it is actually fixed.

• Still missing for me, and yes, I cleaered my cache. Windows 11 Chrome..

• butterflyfish said:

Still missing for me, and yes, I cleaered my cache. Windows 11 Chrome..

I'm still seeing it too, on multiple browsers.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,389

Still missing here as well, no matter how much cache clearing - am 1) on Windows 10 with Firefox, 2) on iPad with DuckduckGo browser.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,416

Yeah their still missing for me too

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited December 2022

They are back for me now, as of a couple seconds ago. They had been missing for a few days.

Edit: Wait a minute! They are OK on THIS THREAD, but not throughout the forum. How does that happen? And now attaching a file is broken again. It just says "No file selected" when I try. crying

Post edited by barbult on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,528

I think I saw them for a little while, but doing the routine (useless) clearing cookies and cache procedure requested to troubleshoot an issue with a ticket, they are gone at least for now.

Been gone for a couple of days on Chrome at work (W10) and on Yandex (Opera) at home (W7).

PerttiA said:

I think I saw them for a little while, but doing the routine (useless) clearing cookies and cache procedure requested to troubleshoot an issue with a ticket, they are gone at least for now.

Been gone for a couple of days on Chrome at work (W10) and on Yandex (Opera) at home (W7).

I got the same ticket response and the same result (no help) from clearing cookies and cache. 

And now the icons are bad again, even in this thread.

• Forum icons are gone for me as well.

Also cannot load images.  It gets stuck in "uploading" mode.  Anyone else have that issue?

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 479

I cannot upload images in the forum. It just gets stuck forever loading...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,528

barbult said:

And now the icons are bad again, even in this thread.

They seem to be delayed (as in DAZ soon late)... Saw the gogwheel on the page, but when I selected "Recent discussions" from it, the refreshed page doesn't have them.

• Although missing the actual icons, the icon placeholders still function.

Not being able to load images is much more problematic.

And notifications of activity in subscribed threads has stopped again, too. My last notification was 7 hours ago.

I just added the image issue to the report

• frank0314 said:

I just added the image issue to the report

Thank you!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,161

Mine are coming and going apparently randomly. I currently have 6 forum threads open in Chrome browser, of which this one has the icons but the other five do not. Weird!

• MelanieL said:

Mine are coming and going apparently randomly. I currently have 6 forum threads open in Chrome browser, of which this one has the icons but the other five do not. Weird!

Yeah, it's weird, all right. They were working when I viewed the thread, and they disappeared when I went to comment.

• Can post images again, thanks!

• the icons are not working on Safari iOS now either wink

• They have disappeared for me as of Dec 26, possiably before however they were there on Dec.24

• They've come back for a moment or two randomly, but they are missing more than not. It's very strange, if it was caching I wouldn't expect to see them ever, or once I saw them they'd stick around for a while
  • That's weird - I see them fine in this tab, but a thread open in another tab has them missing (and reloading that tab doesn't make them appear).

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I've worked out which mystery box has the link to log on. Someone at Daz fell asleep on their keyboard and screwed up the forum coding.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Still not working on Mac/Chrome/FF/Safari...and cannot upload anything for atleast the second day in a row.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Icons?... We don't need no stinking icons.

This is the problem with people these days... needing icons and labels and explanations of what buttons and links do...

Where is that pioneer spirit of pushing buttons and seeing what explodes... do you think the pilgrims got to pilgrim rock pushing labeled buttons?

Did Wilma and Orlando Right label the controls on their jet-copter the Spirit of Saint Nicolas when they took off for Paris from Kittycat, West Carolina?

Did the crew of Apollo 10 1/2 have pretty labeled buttons with fancy explanations or icons on them when they landed on Mars?

Did the technicians at Chernobyl have labels on their knobs and buttons when they... Okay, bad example...  but the rest?

No.

They were brave pioneers who didn't give a spit about a little trial and error...

Do you think Captain Skully Skullburger needed to see where he was going when he landed his goose guts cover airliner in the lake at Central Park?...

No... he trusted his instincts and listened to Opie Kanopie and let the Force™ guide him... 

We rely too much on our fancy buttons, links, icons and working GUIs nowadays... our ancestors didn't even have monitors when they forged the internet out of mammoth bones and dinosaur dung.

We've gotten too soft and could never survive out in the woods or in a zombie apocalypse without big glowing arrows floating in the air, pointing out safe foods or hungry zombies.

DAZ is just doing everyone a service by getting us out of our comfort zone and pushing us to think for ourselves... to experiment and try thinking outside the can.

Ask yourself if you really even need a monitor or is that just something you've been told to buy by the GUI cartels who are trying to rob you of your instincts and intuition and turn you all into helpless sheeple who need to be spoon fed like... I don't know... sheeples without hands?... 

Whatever... Free your mind and stop relying on your eyeballs and stupid lousy icons and buttons.

They were working for me a couple days ago but since yesterday its been very intermittent. I go into one thread and they are working and the next thread they aren't and it's that way the entire day. They were completely gone for me for a couple days but slowly started coming back but now they seem to be disappearing again. Images attachments are touch and go at best.

• ZetharaZethara Posts: 67
    edited December 2022

I laughed and coffee went out my nose.. My keyboard is not happy... laugh

McGyver said:

Icons?... We don't need no stinking icons.

This is the problem with people these days... needing icons and labels and explanations of what buttons and links do...

Where is that pioneer spirit of pushing buttons and seeing what explodes... do you think the pilgrims got to pilgrim rock pushing labeled buttons?

Did Wilma and Orlando Right label the controls on their jet-copter the Spirit of Saint Nicolas when they took off for Paris from Kittycat, West Carolina?

Did the crew of Apollo 10 1/2 have pretty labeled buttons with fancy explanations or icons on them when they landed on Mars?

Did the technicians at Chernobyl have labels on their knobs and buttons when they... Okay, bad example...  but the rest?

No.

They were brave pioneers who didn't give a spit about a little trial and error...

Do you think Captain Skully Skullburger needed to see where he was going when he landed his goose guts cover airliner in the lake at Central Park?...

No... he trusted his instincts and listened to Opie Kanopie and let the Force™ guide him... 

We rely too much on our fancy buttons, links, icons and working GUIs nowadays... our ancestors didn't even have monitors when they forged the internet out of mammoth bones and dinosaur dung.

We've gotten too soft and could never survive out in the woods or in a zombie apocalypse without big glowing arrows floating in the air, pointing out safe foods or hungry zombies.

DAZ is just doing everyone a service by getting us out of our comfort zone and pushing us to think for ourselves... to experiment and try thinking outside the can.

Ask yourself if you really even need a monitor or is that just something you've been told to buy by the GUI cartels who are trying to rob you of your instincts and intuition and turn you all into helpless sheeple who need to be spoon fed like... I don't know... sheeples without hands?... 

Whatever... Free your mind and stop relying on your eyeballs and stupid lousy icons and buttons.

Post edited by Zethara on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

frank0314 said:

They were working for me a couple days ago but since yesterday its been very intermittent. I go into one thread and they are working and the next thread they aren't and it's that way the entire day. They were completely gone for me for a couple days but slowly started coming back but now they seem to be disappearing again. Images attachments are touch and go at best.

Yup very much this! And yup I can do without the buttons, but desperately need to upload some stuff...