AOBB's freebie head morph Claire G9. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited October 2022 in Freebies

EDIT: This morph was fixed and uploaded again on 10/26/2022 at 11:47 pm PST. If you have downloaded this morph before that time, please download the fixed version and reinstall it. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

I thought Marc G9 might use a companion and here she is - Claire G9:

Assets used in promo images:

dForce H&C Tweed Mini Jacket Outfit G8F

G9 Eyebrows Fiber Style 06 Thin

Eilis Hair G8F

BOSS Pro Light Set

This morph is not supposed to be used together with the G9 Base Feminine morph.

Commercial and noncommercial use.

Please keep those renders of Claire G9 coming in this thread! I always appreciate them very, very much! heart

Enjoy!

AOBB

Claire G9 F.png
502 x 750 - 635K
Claire G9 TQ.png
502 x 750 - 628K
Claire G9 P.png
502 x 750 - 623K
zip
zip
Claire G9 fixed.zip
2M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

thanks!

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

As always, you're welcome! smiley

Claire Refreshing Pool Water

edited October 2022

@nonesuch00 - very cool render! smiley With that skin and hair, Claire looks just like Vicky! LOL. I wonder - why that expression? Doesn't Clair like water? 

Anyway, thank you for a great render!

Cheers,

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - very cool render! smiley With that skin and hair, Claire looks just like Vicky! LOL. I wonder - why that expression? Doesn't Clair like water? 

Anyway, thank you for a great render!

Cheers,

AOBB

I noticed when I was converting Base Female to Claire how much like Vicky she looked. It must be partly normal maps I think though. Ideally I should of removed them to emphasize your sculpt. Oh well, live & learn! 

It's the "Silly" expression from the Genesis 9 Expression product. It's meant to a tongue in cheek about the play of the homonym Claire and clear.

I was going to do Marc with the expression (which is a more typical guy expression anyway) and have Claire admonishing him on the pool deck chair you see behind her, but then decided to see how quickly & easily I could convert Marc to Claire. It was fast & easy!

Hey, sounds like you were having some real fun with Marc and Claire (as opposed to Dick and Jane - I'm reffering to the" Fun with Dick and Jane" movie with Jane Fonda of course). I prefer not to think what the cross between Marc and Claire looks like! Yikes! LOL. I'm happy you are enjoying your DAZ G9 explorations. smiley

AOBB said:

Hey, sounds like you were having some real fun with Marc and Claire (as opposed to Dick and Jane - I'm reffering to the" Fun with Dick and Jane" movie with Jane Fonda of course). I prefer not to think what the cross between Marc and Claire looks like! Yikes! LOL. I'm happy you are enjoying your DAZ G9 explorations. smiley

I'll just say Claire is not attractive wearing the "Real Hairy for Genesis 2 Male" product. She reminded me of the hirsuit lady in those circuses of the 19th century.

• AOBB, I found an issue with Claire.  When I use the head morph, it turns her navel into a moon crater.

Navel without Claire.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 492K
    Navel with Claire.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 494K

Hi billyben - I've checked out Claire and my other three G9 head morphs. It looks like this is a problem with all of them. I don't know what that is. If someone has any ideas why this would happen when dialing in the morphs, then I'd be really grateful for your input.

I'm sorry I didn't notice that before and released faulty morphs. I never suspected this might happen, so I didn't know I should look for this problem. 

I'll definitely look into that. Thank you for noticing this now, before I made more morphs with the same problem, billyben. It's only four to fix.

Again, if someone has any bright ideas, I'm listening. Thanks in advance!

sad

AOBB

Okay, I believe I have figured this out - I should have zeroed the navel HD morph before exporting the base mesh to Zbrushcore. I have smoothed out the navel  "craters" already in all four characters. The bottom line is: I'm working on it. Hang in!

Cheers,

AOBB

• AOBB said:

Okay, I believe I have figured this out - I should have zeroed the navel HD morph before exporting the base mesh to Zbrushcore. I have smoothed out the navel  "craters" already in all four characters. The bottom line is: I'm working on it. Hang in!

Cheers,

AOBB

Thank you AOBB;. I beta test DAZ items for a couple of vendors on another site from time to time and tend to notice things others dont.  Looking forward to the Claire fix and some new head morphs from you.  Thanks.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited October 2022
    1. Load the devLoad version of the figure
    2. Make your morphs favourites (with no other morpsh favourited) - the heart icon on the slider
    3. With the Geometry Editor seelct a chunk of the torso, enough to inlude the navel but it doesn't matter if it gets other areas, assuming these are just head morphs. You can use a couple of applications of cmd/ctrl + to grow the selection to make sure there are no gaps
    4. Right-click>Geoemtry Selection>Convert Selection>Convert to vertex Selection
    5. Right-click>Morph Editing>Clear Selected Deltas from Favourites.
    6. File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

1. Load the devLoad version of the figure
    2. Make your morphs favourites (with no other morpsh favourited) - the heart icon on the slider
    3. With the Geometry Editor seelct a chunk of the torso, enough to inlude the navel but it doesn't matter if it gets other areas, assuming these are just head morphs. You can use a couple of applications of cmd/ctrl + to grow the selection to make sure there are no gaps
    4. Right-click>Geoemtry Selection>Convert Selection>Convert to vertex Selection
    5. Right-click>Morph Editing>Clear Selected Deltas from Favourites.
    6. File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets

Thanks, I will try that when I get home later.

@billyben_0077a25354 - I hope the morph works okay now. If there is still something wrong then of course please let me know. Still have to learn how to get those eyes into place correctly (yes, I know the head morph package has ways to move the eyeballs but it doesn't have a morph to rotate them which would be nice).

@Richard Haseltine - Thank you for your help. I actually know this method but I simply didn't think to use it ( my insomnia is getting the better of me...). Thank goodness it was a small area that needed fixing, so Zbrushcore worked just nicely. I admit though that your method is much more elegant and precise. smiley 

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 841
    edited November 2022

After quickly trying out Marc as an elf, I got stuck on the idea. So here are Claire and Yves as elves... They are really lovely! I meant to try out Genevieve, then I saw Claire and got sidetracked.... smiley The elf ear morphs in the G9 morph pack are rather subtle. I might tweak them more in future renders with these two...  They're very inspiring. Thank you!

Claire and Yves as Elves

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
    edited November 2022

@SapphireBlue - Your render is gorgeous as usual. The blurring and desaturation (not to mention the moon and the little floating lights) give it a dreamy quality that befits the elves. All in all - a lovely picture. Congratulations and thank you for sharing! smiley

Post edited by AOBB on

I forgot to share my image with Claire and Mark, so here it is:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1255602

• AOBB said:

@SapphireBlue - Your render is gorgeous as usual. The blurring and desaturation (not to mention the moon and the little floating lights) give it a dreamy quality that befits the elves. All in all - a lovely picture. Congratulations and thank you for sharing! smiley

Thank you so much! ​ And thank you for the inspiration!  heart

smileyyes