AOBB's Luminous (v2, v3 too)for G8.1F (based on Audrey Hepburn). No materials nor textures included.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited May 2022 in Freebies

Edit: I fixed some problematic areas in the Luminous model and I am uploading the fixed version as Luminous v2. The biggest changes are the eye shape, narrower jaw and slightly changed lips. The zip file contains a render of the new and improved (hopefully) model. The changes aren't huge but I believe they were necessary. I am leaving the first version attached, so you can make your own choice as to which model is better for you.

Edit 2: I decided to take one more shot at Luminous. I like this last version best. This is Luminous v3 (attached under this post). Below are renders of Luminous v2 and v3 for comparison. For now this is the final version. Maybe I'll return to her one day. smiley

I decided to share with you the head morph of Luminous but only under the condition that you use it in noncommercial (non-profit) projects. Audrey Hepburn, which Luminous is based on, is such a beloved icon of the Golden Age of Hollywood that I realize there will be interest in this head morph and I don't want to keep this morph just for myself.

Here is what you will be getting:

All assets used in these images are listed here:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1219963

Please don't forget - noncommercial use only!

As usual - if you decide to make some artwork with this morph, please post it directly in this thread or place a link to it here. I love seeing your work! laugh

Enjoy and happy rendering!

AOBB

Luminous F.png
507 x 750 - 527K
Luminous P.png
507 x 750 - 546K
Luminous TQ.png
507 x 750 - 542K
zip
zip
Luminous for G8.1F.zip
2M
zip
zip
Luminous v2 for G8.1F.zip
zip
zip
Luminous v3 for G8.1F.zip
Luminous v2.png
507 x 750 - 520K
Luminous v3.png
507 x 750 - 521K
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• Like it.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited May 2022

Forum glitched.

All the attachments appear to be missing for some. AOBB if you edit again your first post, add a couple spaces or something and then 'save' the changes -- usually the attachments will reappear.

Your promos look lovely, looking forward to trying this out too :-) Thank you.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

I hope the attachments reappeared for all, Catherine. Have fun! smiley

Had to clear the cache to get new pages and yes all attachments are showing now -- including a 2nd edition! It's amazing that subtle little changes can make big differences. I'm not very good at getting likenesses and applaud your efforts.

You know, my most popular released morph was masculine and had been a dial out instead of in, in the creation process. Truly a headmorph based on nobody in particular. And all the comments wanted to know who it was! {but nobody told me who they thought it was, so I will never know}.

Cheers!

Phew! I'm glad the attachments show up now, Catherine! smiley

Yes subtle differences make all the difference. Luminous isn't of course a perfect likeness (more like a cartoon version) but I wanted her to be as close as I could get to Audrey Hepburn. I think 2nd edition is closer to that goal. I still see things now that could be fixed but I'll leave it as it is. As I posted elsewhere - I'm not that great at likenesses. I just keep making them because it is a fun challenge for me.

I think my "nobody in particular" heads turn out better, because I am not constrained in any way but I would like to finally become proficient at capturing a likeness. I suspect that will be reserved for another lifetime though...

I wonder how your morph looks like, Catherine. If you have him easily available, could you render him and post him here or give me a link to an old render somewhere on this site?

edited May 2022

Well it's a BIG "if" I'm remembering correctly, it might have been CH_Fiver. But there was also another character which I rather liked so maybe that one? Anyhow, here's a couple of very quick renders which may or not be "the" one people kept challenging me for who it was. IF they bear resemblance to anybody I'm curious.

MIGHT be CH_Fiver.png
    1000 x 1000 - 840K
    Or CH_Alan.png
    1000 x 1000 - 890K

Hi again, Catherine. Thanks for doing the renders and sharing your art with me! smiley I personally don't see a resemblance to anyone I know in those two characters. Maybe it was a different character that people kept inquiring about indeed. Were you ever really drawn to character design? It's difficult but rewarding.

Cheers,

AOBB

Was more into drawing/painting and a little sculpting of animals. That was years ago now though. My last major attempt was to paint a mural in oils ... topic was the Ark. Started it in a known dry basement. Basement started to flood!!! Took idea over to next apt. Supposed to be 8 feet high. Standard walls are allegedly 8 feet high. Quickly discovered that nope, not this place as I nearly smashed the board through the ceiling trying to get it in place. After a few more mishaps figured this just wasn't meant to be. Took up 3D.

edited May 2022

CGI is definitely cleaner and less "disaster prone". LOL. I think you made the right choice. Sorry you had to go through all this upset before you found a safe haven in 3d graphics. Yes, things are built with a nominal size but the real size maybe be way off. Walls usually don't "hold" proper dimensions, so their height has to be measured on at least both ends to take that into account. Then there are tolerances... Quite frustrating and complicated.

Post edited by AOBB on
    edited May 2022

And then there's the sloping kitchen wall ;-)

And the not level floors [which cause aquariums to leak].

Fun place.

I lived in a place like that. I feel your pain. wink

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,062
    edited May 2022

My parent's last house was probably built 1590-1600. It was a mud and rubble stone house (also known as 'Cob'). The walls had a significant batter on them, the outside was nearly vertical, at the base they were 4ft thick, at the top 18". It meant the rooms upstairs were close to 2ft6in wider than the downstairs ones at floor level and 5ft wider at ceiling level. The upstairs floors sagged 6" in the middle compared to the ends. The roof timbers were trees still with most of their bark on, just hacked back with an adz where the crooks would go beyond the roof line. The loft was deeply insulated with the remains of the last thatch, which was probably replaced by slates in the 1870's. The internal walls were plastered in mud mixed with blood as a binder to avoid using too much expensive lime in the plaster.

The net result is, I really don't imagine houses to be plumb, straight or square. They're hand built by people who measure things with a bit of stretchy string, and +/- a hand is probably close enough.

Regards,

Richard

Edited for tripe writing errors.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

@richardandtracy - Well, that won't fly in the ultra modern high-end houses where everything is neatly aligned, plumb and accurate down to 1/32". No filler strips in built-in furniture are needed, because everything was designed before the first brick was laid down and all pieces fit together like an awesome, 3D jigsaw puzzle. Totally custom and flawless. Costs a fortune but you get streamlined perfection in return. Love it. I wish I could afford it. wink

edited May 2022

My preferred house style is Victorian. Those houses were designed to show off and celebrate clutter. Probably why I feel so comfortable in them! We love fine veneered wooden furniture with marquetry highlights and dozens of pictures. Picture rails let us keep three houses worth of pictures & swap them over on a regular basis. The two pictures that remain on every change are a 40,060 stitch/117 colour cross stitch portrait (below) of my wife I stitched up over 8 months to test out my cross stitch charting program, and the second is a stormscape coastal painting by my Grandmother done in the 1930's.

Henry Higgins' house in 'My Fair Lady' is the sort of place I'd adore to live in. Not that it'd ever be possible.

Regards,

Richard

Sdc14191a.jpg
    900 x 748 - 492K
    edited May 2022

Edit: Just deleted a duplicate post...​

Post edited by AOBB on

I agree! Victorian houses are wonderful too! My mother had a friend who bought a victorian house in Birmingham, England. She removed the wall between the living room with a bay window and the dining room with a french door opening to her garden to make the space feel larger. She hung on the wall over the sideboard in the dining room part a huge, very elaborate religious-themed tapestry she embroidered herself. She turned her staircase into a mini gallery in which she showed off her wonderful cross-stiched replicas of various paintings - Gainsborough's "The Blue Boy" among them. She was an incredibly talented woman and had great taste too. I loved her and her house.

The portrait you made is fabulous and your wife must be thrilled that you spent 8 months painstakingly working on it! Amazing work done with great finesse! You are incredibly talented yourself, Richard. Seeing this portrait with all the love you poured into it is thrilling. Hats off to you! smiley

My husband loves Henry Higgins' library with that spiral staircase. Those old libraries were awesome, I must say. Yes, his whole house was great with so many wonderful details one could spend hours looking at. I believe he had William Morris wallpaper on the walls or maybe that is just my imagination.

AOBB yes

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited May 2022

AOBB said:

Edit: I fixed some problematic areas in the Luminous model and I am uploading the fixed version as Luminous v2. The biggest changes are the eye shape, narrower jaw and slightly changed lips. The zip file contains a render of the new and improved (hopefully) model. The changes aren't huge but I believe they were necessary. I am leaving the first version attached, so you can make your own choice as to which model is better for you.

Edit 2: I decided to take one more shot at Luminous. I like this last version best. This is Luminous v3 (attached under this post). Below are renders of Luminous v2 and v3 for comparison. For now this is the final version. Maybe I'll return to her one day. smiley

Standard G8 version would be great...

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 841
    edited May 2022

richardandtracy Wow, amazing cross stitch portrait of your wife! 117 colors - so well captured. And 8 months! Wonderful dedication.

Ok, you and AOBB have distracted me from what I should be doing, with all the discussion about Audrey Hepburn and the Ascot outfit! I wasn't planning on DAZ doodling, but ended up doing so anyway and wondering if I had any black and white outfits that would suit to try out on Luminous.

I used v1 and v2, only to now find there's a v3! Oh gosh. I'll download v3 for another day. Here's a relatively quick portrait of Luminous in something for the Ascot races. (Had to throw a few things on her hat to make it at least a little more interesting.... but it'll take a lot more to make a lovely confection of a hat like the one from the movie! Haha) Of course, as usual, your Luminous morph is absolutely lovely AOBB! heart

LI - AOBB Luminous2b.jpg
    800 x 800 - 302K
    Post edited by SapphireBlue on

OMG, SapphireBlue! I almost flipped out when I saw your rendering! So gorgeous and I'm so happy Audrey looks like herself quite a lot - even more than in my promo renders! smiley My "likeness" skills must be increasing!

The attire you chose for Luminous looks great already. Adding that fantastic "Ascot" hat would be a dream come true but it would be so much work indeed. Your rendering is lovely as it is anyway, SapphireBlue.

Your big fan,

AOBB

AOBB, I'm so glad you like it! smiley Your likeness skills are really good. I could see from the sculpt in the texture shaded view, how much more unique the sculpt is, as Audrey Hepburn does have such a unique face and features in combination. I'm super impressed in your ability to capture that and that endearing elfin look she has. Alright, soon everyone coming to these pages is going to be sick of us fangirling each other. Although, a lot of it feels like you make the cake, and I get to eat it too. I'm a good eater of cakes. Hahahaha. Oh dear, that sounds like my sleep-deprived brain is starting to take over. I better go get some sleep!

But before that: I am soo extreeeeeemely curious what your Gregory Peck's going to be like! Eek! laugh 

edited May 2022

I hope you are getting some good sleep now, SapphireBlue. Sweet dreams... 

smiley

Grand F.png
    507 x 750 - 398K
    Post edited by AOBB on
    edited May 2022

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How on earth do you do it? Rhetorical question really, I know it's aptitude, practice & having a good eye, but still... Remarkable.

Regards

Richard

yeslaugh

Cheers,

AOBB

Ai! He looks great! Phenomenal work AOBB! Can't wait to see your renders of them both together. Excited! laugh

Thanks, SapphireBlue! I'm working on posing them and giving them expressions now. It's tough though. Sigh.

edited May 2022

I titled this take on "Roman Holiday": "Italia, Ti Amo!"

Please click on the attachment to see the image in its original size.

Enjoy!

AOBB

Italia Ti Amo.png
    730 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by AOBB on

Hey AOBB! Excited that you've finished the render - but it's not showing up... sad

@SapphireBlue - I hope it shows up now. Sorry about that!

Yes it does! Oh AOBB, it is LOVELY! heartheart
    Lovely choice of pose and angle of the shot is really great, fitting outfits, and of course, very romantic! Very nicely done!! I have a big grin on my face. laugh

I'm so happy you like it, SapphireBlue! Thank you for the glowing review! heart

"Roman Holiday" was such a great movie that I believe it will live in our hearts forever.

When I get some rest (which means in a couple of days), I would like to upload Gregory Peck's head morph. I have one problem though - I cannot come up with the right adjective for the name of his head morph. GP was such a great man in every way that no one word seems to capture the essence of his personality and look... If someone has a good idea for a descriptive name for GP's morph, please let me know! Thank you so much in advance!

AOBB