Brunch Coat - Updated, textures fixed and added to

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
edited July 2021 in Freebies

Brunch Coat, summer housecoat, dressing gown, an article of clothing which is known by several names :-)

Being made in response to a request in the forums. It opens at the front, loads with Iray shader applied.

The basic brunch coat is modelled. Left to do is some texturing, pose morphing and a couple of correction morphs. I expect that this item will also be usable with DForce. I gave it several shading domains.

Sharecg.com Link

As it Loads Iray mat.png
1000 x 1000 - 478K
can sit.png
1000 x 1000 - 574K
Mesh stays together.png
1000 x 1000 - 654K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• pscott2pscott2 Posts: 19

Looks good! Can you do it with patterns like the image attached?

nightgown.jpg
    1278 x 849 - 256K
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019

The model is uvmapped. This means that yes, one can put patterned textures on it.

edited July 2021

All right. Apparently G8's additional rigging made for a few issues with the starter mesh I started with BUT we have fixed that [I think], her arms can be raised, the coat can be opened.

Next to work on are the textures. Hopefully this will be fun 'cause I bought some buttons to use in Textura :-)

The outfit is in G8F's closet. It fits on G8.1F just fine. This promo image is using G8.1F.

Dialing in various hip morphs shouldn't be a problem. Auto-follow seems to be doing a fine job. Extra morphs would be necessary for some of the more extreme character figures.

Posing morphs might be needed for some poses too. However I hope DForce will cover most bases for that.

Anyhow, texturing is next.

Brunch Coat promo.png
    1000 x 1000 - 881K

Awesome, looks great! Can the coat be opened gradually from the bottom and from the top?

Not yet ;-) Tomorrow's another day.

edited July 2021

118 views! Wow! Okay ... learning how new program works ;-) So far I think I've got a working concept happening for some buttons. I have buttons in holes on one side. Then I'll need alternative textures to have buttons on one side, holes on the other. Apparently whoever made the set of buttons 'n holes that I purchased didn't think anybody would.

Buttons 'n holes are being made with the use of Normals.

I know you little flowers, I did find some little flower textures but golly gee, those are not tiling. So have to do some work on that and then can make some flowery patterns too. I think one is a rose and then a couple of other types of flowers.

Here are a few draft renders showing 3 patterns that made it this far. If there's any that absolutely pass or fail, polite feed back is okay.

The bluer yoke on A is just a colour added to the diffuse channel. Otherwise it's the same as the rest of the garment.

And no, there are no buttons on the hem.

edit update: well these were a nice draft but failed to pass the next level. Learning to use new paint program lol ... must not have buffers if trying to paint more than one island that needs to meet! However I have the plaid mat and can certainly make something of a repeated effort for plaid flannels :-)

square buttons.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    plaid flannels.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    scifi type.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M

Getting there. I really appreciate the effort! I just need lighter colours and it will be great!

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

LookIng good Catherine, looking good! yesyes

edited July 2021

Almost there! Got a couple sets of buttons - one for open coat, one for closed - just have to glue 'em together. Got one texture passed all the gates ... hope to be packing this up tomorrow.

Normals are shown at 1, were made at 100% ... so certainly they can be dialed down for less depth ;-)

Edit: to upload the right pics ... {pardon the no lighting, these are quick renders}

For Open Coat.png
    700 x 700 - 898K
    With Buttons Closed - closeup.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    With Buttons Closed.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M

That's great!

edited July 2021

Okay. It's in the wilds: Click here for sharecg link.

It is not perfect. Apparently while the normals made nice buttons, they also raised seams! Which they shouldn't have, I don't know why ... and my first attempts to address that matter didn't help. So rather than keeping everybody waiting, I'm releasing the garment "as is" ... holding texture, 2 sets of buttons as already mentioned, 4 little morphs to start opening the garment [will show on the Parameters Tab], 2 shape presets to get them started, and a couple of mat files, one for open and one for closed. Also the same again with minor changes  for 3Delight mat files. Includes a readme and template.

Updated textures and more textures :-) Same link. Fixed the seam issue.

See post a few down for more info and the new pics. Seems we can't delete pics from posts today.

Brunch Coat G8F and 8-1F.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    mix 2 renders maybe.png
    1013 x 564 - 487K
    Brunch Coat Template.png
    4096 x 4096 - 585K
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,392

What an awesome and also really kind thing to do, lots of kudos to you @Catherine3678ab!

edited July 2021

Hello again!

I was hoping I could just download it from the site..I need a Teamviewer to transfer the files to the right folder because I could never get that right.  It's so frustrating..

Catherine3678ab said:

It is not perfect. Apparently while the normals made nice buttons, they also raised seams! Which they shouldn't have, I don't know why ... and my first attempts to address that matter didn't help. So rather than keeping everybody waiting, I'm releasing the garment "as is" ... holding texture, 2 sets of buttons as already mentioned, 4 little morphs to start opening the garment [will show on the Parameters Tab], 2 shape presets to get them started, and a couple of mat files, one for open and one for closed. Also the same again with minor changes  for 3Delight mat files. Includes a readme and template.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

tsroemi said:

What an awesome and also really kind thing to do, lots of kudos to you @Catherine3678ab!

You're very welcome, glad you like it. I'm working on some textures - using a different export setting so hopefully that seam issue will vanish. If not, there's about 20 more settings to try lol ... 

edited July 2021

pscott2 said:

Hello again!

I was hoping I could just download it from the site..I need a Teamviewer to transfer the files to the right folder because I could never get that right.  It's so frustrating..

Catherine3678ab said:

I think you sent me an email - so check your emails, I replied.

Basically, just merge the My Library folder into your My Library folder and everything should land where it goes.

Where you put your content [not the program folder] ...  \DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library ...

Then use the Content Library tab to find stuff ... under People > Genesis 8 Female > Clothing > CEF ...

edited July 2021

Here are a few images as to where to find my stuff.

Welcome to the Content Library Tab.png
    1508 x 798 - 135K
    Morph Presets.png
    1560 x 593 - 206K
    mats for the 2 render engines.png
    1551 x 792 - 701K
    edited August 2021

Update released :-)  Fixed the seam issue in the textures. Can throw out the old texture folder, new texture folder has all PLUS 2 new textures :-)

Redownload and install, let it overwrite ... it is a complete package so those who didn't get the old one, can still get the garment :-)

I made new Iray mats ... sorry, ran out of time to remake the 3Delight mats. Apply the new Normals etc. where you will and resave the mats. It's the same textures, just need to be put on different dials ;-)

The textures for making the buttons are in their own texture folder. I have included Iray Shader presets to load them so one can apply them to ANY new textures they might make for the Brunch Coat.

Link is the same one.

What happened to all my pictures ??? :-(

Editing to put a couple pics back in here and hopefully they'll stay put this time.

Brunch Coat G8F and 8-1F.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    2 new textures.png
    700 x 700 - 326K
    Also including Button Loading Shader Presets.png
    700 x 700 - 768K
    Fixed Mats.png
    700 x 700 - 780K
    edited August 2021

Don't know what happened to all my picture post above ... geez.

Anyhow, I have just uploaded an additional download at Sharecg.com. Click here. This is for 6 morphs to assist with posing if using one of the base poses [or something similar]. There are also a couple of partial poses for G8F. No additional morphs or textures, etc.

6 Morphs for Brunch Coat promo.png
    1558 x 635 - 434K
    A few morphs for Base Poses.png
    1000 x 1000 - 795K
    Base Pose Laying A.png
    994 x 613 - 878K
    Base Pose Laying B.png
    986 x 568 - 701K
    Left Arm Back works with this morph.png
    1000 x 1000 - 804K
    Morph for Base Pose Sitting B.png
    1000 x 1000 - 753K