Why do poses move Genesis to a new position?

anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
edited April 2014 in The Commons

Ok, Genesis is standing in one position in the scene. I apply a pose and genesis' position changes. Why is that? For example geneis is at the front of the scene I apply one pose and genesis remains at the front of the scene. I apply another and genesis moves to the back of the scene. How do I stop poses doing this? Why are poses doing this?

Post edited by anikad on

Comments

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

It means that the translation parameters are saved within the pose for either genesis or the hip or both. They are saved within most poses to have genesis posed correctly (so that he isn't posed sticking half way through the ground for example). You can lock the translation parameters for genesis if you want to prevent it from happening.

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

You can also use key while double-clicking the pose preset icon to choose whether to allow translation, rotation, scaling and/or morphing from the preset.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Some are saved that way (with translations) because they are meant to be used with a certain prop/building ...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

czexana said:
    You can also use key while double-clicking the pose preset icon to choose whether to allow translation, rotation, scaling and/or morphing from the preset.

:bug: thank yooo for sharing that tidbit. it's the lil things mean so much :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

czexana said:

:bug: thank yooo for sharing that tidbit. it's the lil things mean so much :)
    I'll second that. I've had that problem with Gen4 characters as well.
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for the explanations and the ctrl key suggestion.