Customizing JCMs for one specific G8 character only? (SOLVED)

MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,804
edited October 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a way to customize JCMs for one specific G8 character only?

The reason to this question is, that I think, that the shoulder width of my character looks perfect indefault  A-stance, but shoulders appear to narrow with arms down.
The relating files, I've found stored in [...]\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Base Correctives :"pJCMShldrDown_40_L" and "pJCMShldrDown_40_R" are each at 100%. I'd like to have them set at 50% for one specific G8 character.

Post edited by Masterstroke on

Comments

• Create an extra morph to apply the changes you want on top of the base, then when you set up the linkage using ERC Freeze choose your morph in the Attenuate by setting.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,804
    edited October 2019

Create an extra morph to apply the changes you want on top of the base, then when you set up the linkage using ERC Freeze choose your morph in the Attenuate by setting.

Sorry, I don't really know, what this means.
    I have a morph on each arm, that widens the shoulders a bit, I have a control property, that sets those morphs on to 100% or off to 0%. Now what? How do I bring it all together?
    I'd like my "left-arm-morph" to be 100% applied, when the LeftShoulder Bend z-rotation is at -40, but only if my master control for that "left-arm-morph" allowes it by being at 100%.

(That would be difficult to comunicate, even in my mother tongue ;-))

Sorry, for being a PITA here.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Set things up as you wish them with the morph at 100%, right-click to put the parametrs pane into Edit mode (if it isn't), right-click on the bend and select ERC Freeze, then for Attenuate By (i think you need a check box to turn it on) select your morph and deselect it in the list of SubComponents.

Thank you. I just don't get it. Thanks for trying.

Problem solved. Thank you.
    Found this video. It is the only video, I guess. The second part of it explained, what I was trying to do.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

This is a very instructive video. I'm glad I read through your question and solution, Masterstroke.