No Face Transfer Pane

I just downloaded Daz 4.12, and I wanted to try the free version of the Face Transfer function before buying the unlimited version. However, I do not have a 'Face Transfer' pane in the pane menu as the instructions say I should have. Suggestions?

Comments

• Can't find it in mine either.

• Make sure you are running the newest release of DS 4.12, that you have a Windows 64 bit machine plus the latest update of the Genesis 8 Essentials. Load a g8 figure and select the head to then find the face pane in the (believe it's) windows menu in Studio.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226

Did you follow recomendations to Update and Merge Menus? It is on the Window/Workspace menu.

• I have all the most recent downloads. I have done the Update and Merge Menus. I have selected the head of a G8 figure.  Still no Face Transfer Pane.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Are you on a Mac or PC with Windows 32-bit?

From the product page: https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

"Only available for PC - Windows 64-bit"   

• So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

• barbult said:

Did you follow recomendations to Update and Merge Menus? It is on the Window/Workspace menu.

Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer

So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

That sounds like a bad install, or somehow a version mis-match. Check Help>About Daz Studio to make sure you do have 4.12.0.86, and of course that you are running the 64 bit version on Windows.

• barbult said:

So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

That sounds like a bad install, or somehow a version mis-match. Check Help>About Daz Studio to make sure you do have 4.12.0.86, and of course that you are running the 64 bit version on Windows.

I agree. I am missing the application file (.dll) for the Face Transfer.  It did not download with the rest. It is not listed on the files in the package in the Install Manager either. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but the file just isn't there.

• The pane doesn't show for me either, though it does in the 4.12 Beta realease.

(Latest Nvidia drivers, 4.12.0.86 64-bit, merged menus, Win10)

• When did those of you with no sign of Facte Transfer download? I got it about eleven hours ago and my list of package files in DIM includes:

• /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzeasyloader.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzexpexporter.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfbxexporter.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfbximporter.dll

and I hae Face Transfer working

• I downloaded about 6 hours ago now.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    barbult said:

I was refering to the location of Update and Merge Menus command, not the location of the Face Transfer pane. 

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

I was refering to the location of Update and Merge Menus command, not the location of the Face Transfer pane. 

Oops, so you were.

• qertqert Posts: 89
    edited September 2019

After i purchased "Face Transfer" it tells me to go into "About Plugins" and put in my serial number into the entry beside "Face Transfer" only i cannot find it anywhere, the face transfer is missing in the plugin folder.

I have Windows 64bit and using Daz Studio 4.11 Pro.

Post edited by qert on
  • CdpiersonCdpierson Posts: 70
    edited September 2019

For those having trouble finding Face Transfer, go to Menu>Help>About Installed Plug-Ins and see if the installation failed.  The message I get is that it's either not a valid Daz Studio plug-in or it's the wrong version.

Post edited by Cdpierson on
  • Okay, so I've upgraded to Daz Studio 4.12, and I've purchased the full Face Transfer utility and got it installed.  What it doesn't tell me is where in Daz Studio the plugin is located or how to use it.  Anyone got a clue?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited September 2019

Merged posts into similar thread.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,791

Me too.  I checked and the file is there in the plugins directory, but it didn't load...

• When did those of you with no sign of Facte Transfer download? I got it about eleven hours ago and my list of package files in DIM includes:

• /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzeasyloader.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzexpexporter.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfbxexporter.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfbximporter.dll

and I hae Face Transfer working 

So as near as I can tell, the plug in isn't working for me because the version of DAZ 4.12 that I downloaded this morning using the Install Manager didn't include these files which actually run the plug in.  All I got was the resource files. I sent a message to DAZ about my issue. It seems that others are having a similar problem. Does anyone konw if DAZ is working on solving this problem for those of us who are having it?

• I am trying a manual download and install of the program to see if that resolves my issue. It will take forever to download, but right now my options are limited. I'll post the results of my attempt.

• Everything has worked fine for me: the new 4.12 install and also just now the Face Transfer. Load a G8 male or female, select the head in the scene menu and then as Richard wrote above: Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer. It's very straightforward - though I assume you have to have 4.12 64bit. I just tried one quick experiment which I'm not saving and without any adjustments the immediate likeness to the photo is closer to anything I've ever got in FaceGen, though adjustments are required.

• Everything has worked fine for me: the new 4.12 install and also just now the Face Transfer. Load a G8 male or female, select the head in the scene menu and then as Richard wrote above: Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer. It's very straightforward - though I assume you have to have 4.12 64bit. I just tried one quick experiment which I'm not saving and without any adjustments the immediate likeness to the photo is closer to anything I've ever got in FaceGen, though adjustments are required.

I'm glad it's working for you. But despite the fact that my computer has all the necessary prerequisites for the program to work, and, of course, I've already tried (repeatedly) all that's been suggested here, it still isn't working for me.  My manual install of the software didn't help either.

So anybody has anymore suggestions besides the usual Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer

Since in my plugin folder it doesn’t have Face Transfer at all to put my serial number in and the developers seemed kinda annoyed with these similar forums appearing more lately i might seek a refund to avoid this headache.

• I haven't seen the developer responding. Where is that?

1) You never found it in the first place before purchasing it?

2) You are on Windows 64 bit?

3) You are using which version of Daz Studio? Look in th About panel.

4) You have updated you Genesis 8 Female and male Essentials with DIM?

5) You load a new Genesis 8 and select the head?

6) Anfd look in Windows>Panes>Face Transfer?

edited September 2019

Oh im sorry i thought you were part of the DS team since you merged my post into this forum, ain’t you and Richards part of the Daz Studio team? 

Anyways as stated in my previous post im using Windows 64bit Daz Studio 4.11 Pro which it is fully updated so i don’t know why it isn’t appearing in my plugins. I have checked multiple times and it isn’t there.

Post edited by qert on
  • This is what I got when I checked About DAZ Plugins (just downloaded and reinstalled DS4.12)

Plugin failed to load!

Filename :

C:/DAZStudio 4.12/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll

Name :

dzfacetransfer

Author :

Unknown

Version :

Reason :

Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

• No, we're moderators. We volunteer to do this. And we mainly merge because it becomes difficult to monitor the different threads and keep straight which ones had which problems and which got a response with what information. A lot of the time, we work at cross-purposes and keep having to repeat information and can easily miss one thread or another.

Face Transfer works with what I outlined. To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't work with 4.11.

To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't work with 4.11.

Ah okay thats all i need to know then, i appreciate your assistance and effort.

• taki701 said:

To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't work with 4.11.

Ah okay thats all i need to know then, i appreciate your assistance and effort.

yes

• Lindsey said:

Are you on a Mac or PC with Windows 32-bit?

From the product page: https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

"Only available for PC - Windows 64-bit"   

Any idea when/if it will be available for the Mac?