Carrara Challenge #49 - THE FORBIDDEN ZONE WIP (sponsored by DAZ :) Entries closed

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,757

whao lot of brilliant work -  just popping in to say I'm not dead

here's an image an old one not an entry but the narrative suits  - havnt had a chance to open carrara in a few weeks :(

really enjoying the masterful images in this thread - be back ina  few days and comment cheers

Looking good - hope you get some down-time for your Carrara interests !

Diomede said:

Yes, there is always more in Carrara!  The original developers were way ahead of their time, and good folks like Philemo, Gerald, Alberto, Sparrowhawke, Misty, DCG, etc. kept doing amazing things even after Daz stopped.  

Here is my dress converted to blended weight and fitted to Vyusur's Teena character.  I need to tidy up the dress before I can share.  I didn't do anyting useful like a projection or ghost to facilitate the skrt.

Brother with a hand in the cookie jar.

How will his sister react?

Top work. Another smack/slap session ?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Diomede said:

Headwax - still sending you positive Karmic vibrations.  Great image.  Hope you get some forum time again soon.

UnifiedBrain - another fabulous render, but is that a genesis figure that I see you using?  Whoah!  You are branching out.  I like it.

Here is my function test for this month. (not required, just me being me)  I downloaded and installed Philemo's phong shader tesselation plugin. Thank you, Philemo!  Going to play around with it for my "hand in the cookie jar" project.  

Find Philemo's phong plugin here.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/282246/new-plugin-phong-tessellation-and-displacement/p1

Dowload either the Windows or Mac version as appropriate, then copy to your extension folder.

Here is my first attempt, so please be forgiving as far as roughness goes.

Recall that I had modeled a very simple low res cookie jar and lid.  

I selected the cookie jar object and then added a modifier. The new Phong plugin is a choice in the modifier list.  For the moment, I accepted the defaults, except making sure that "enable" was NOT checked (for resource reasons).

I then went to the shader room for the cookie jar.  I loaded a texture map that says "cookies" in the displacemen tab.

In the top displacement channel, I reduced the amplitude.  Also check on enable and displace in 3d view, depending on the drain on your resources.

In the regular shader area, I put in a pink and red mixer matching the cookie logo.

I went back to the assemble room and enabled the modifier.  See the displacement effect.

I did a test render.  Again, this is just my first use, so it looks rough, but I love that I don't have to actually try to model all those letters.  Thank you, Philemo!

made this someone very happy 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Excellent !!! Love the tractor upgrade.

Thanks Bunyip!  Actually, the tractor model you posted from the Poser upgrade is probably closer to the Deere model I had in mind.  But we work with the tools we have.

edited October 2019

hopin to enter another 1.

forbidden makes me think of sexi things.  

never cross the streams, ghostbusters lol

white lighters are forbidden to marry their witches

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited October 2019

Gingerbread Man

Watch out, Leon and Teena, the cookies have a champion!

I modeled the gingerbread man in Carrara, rigged in Daz Studio, and the loaded/posed in Carrara.  Weightmapping needs to be edited.

Appreciate the comments, Bunyip, UB, and Misty.

wip for gingerbread man.JPG
    811 x 628 - 61K
    Post edited by Diomede on

hopin to enter another 1.

forbidden makes me think of sexi things.  

never cross the streams, ghostbusters lol

Diomede said:

Gingerbread Man

I modeled the gingerbread man in Carrara, rigged in Daz Studio, and the loaded/posed in Carrara.  Weightmapping needs to be edited.

oh no, where the gumdrop buttons,  Lol

The rules posted on the first page of this thread have been updated.  Daz is once again sponsoring the Challenge. smiley

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

The rules posted on the first page of this thread have been updated.  Daz is once again sponsoring the Challenge. smiley

great news and great work UB thanks

Diomede said:

Gingerbread Man

oh dear that's making me salivate - should I be worried ? Nice drama there Ted

here's an image an old one not an entry but the narrative suits  - havnt had a chance to open carrara in a few weeks :(

really enjoying the masterful images in this thread - be back ina  few days and comment cheers

Thanks Bunyip02 _ iave been sitting in a Sydney hospital for quite a few days - finally released! (I wasnt the patient thankfully)

Diomede said:

Super renders.  Love the liquid top to the copy machine.

Here is a render  of another forbidden zone, the classic "lover's lane."  But what was forbidden?  A young lady's desire?  Her date's advances?  Parking in the lane itself?  This is the raw render.  I also rendered out various passes.  And, I can always drop this render back in Carrara's scene tab and apply some GMIC.  I'm sure you think that this is Vicky in a Prom Dress with a Date.  Well, this is Stephanie 6, not Victoria.  Like to mix it up.  In this case, mixing Stephanie 5 curvy with Stephanie 6.

too cute with that halo and wonderfully metaphorical

Diomede said:

Tractor Bait

I have a weakness for vintage John Deere tractors.  Using some of Chris Poole's ideas, I went for a realistic look.

Characters are V5 and M4.  Clothing is Jeanz for Genesis, and Town and Country for Genesis. The barn area is a combination of i13 Modern Barn (for IRAY), and Barn Yard (an older product).

The tractor is Tractor F9N.  The original shaders that came with the product look like this:

I love the difference that Carrara shaders make!  There were also a few modeling room adjustments.  Other processes include Carrara Text, Carrara Light Cone, Carrara Displacement, and GMIC.

Lighting is HDRI, 1 distant light, some spots and a couple of bulbs.  There is no GI, Gamma, or Ambient.

Because the scene exceeded my memory (8GB), I had to split it in 2 and combine it in PSE.  It took less than a minute to do so.  With one gig more of memory, there would have been no postwork.

you made that tractor look like every child's dream 

Looks like a promising beginning, Misty!

Back in the 80's a new fad emerged revolving around doing something forbidden on the office copier.  The entertainment world starting writing it into stories:

The question is, how far down the road will people keep having this odd desire?

Future Selfie

This is V4 and a texture from the Genesis Supersuit applied to the V4 Bodysuit.  The equipment is Petipet's PSI MedBay.  Robots are a product called Alien-bot.  Apparently, it is no longer in the store.

Processes include Carrara Text, Carrara Natural Functions -  Water:Ripples, Sparrowhawke Edge falloff shader, and GMIC.

No postwork.

that's very wicked - almost forbidden - laughed at the scanner text

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

good news.... from Daz3d wink

Thanks Bunyip02 _ iave been sitting in a Sydney hospital for quite a few days - finally released! (I wasnt the patient thankfully)

hope things look up for everyone yes

edited October 2019

got off my butt - well I got off the tread mill actually - here's old faithful freak in his old faithful tutu "Ladies Night."

Up to the viewer to decide the narrative.

attached also unpostworked 

apart from the usual I used PhilW's portrait pack for the central freak - then adjusted his arms

cropped.jpg
    2000 x 1446 - 2M
    Untitled-1.jpg
    2000 x 1150 - 1M
    tutufreanopsotk.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Headwax on

Great news.  Thank you, UB.  

Diomede said:

Great news.  Thank you, UB.  

Thanks UB & DAZ3D !!

Great to see you posting again, HW.  Appreciate the comments on my gingerbread man and my Lovers Lane.  

Hope everything has worked out - have spent a bit of time waiting at hospitals as well, was sending positive karma your way !!!

got off my butt - well I got off the tread mill actually - here's old faithful freak in his old faithful tutu "Ladies Night."

apart from the usual I used PhilW's portrait pack for the central freak - then adjusted his arms

The dreaded curse of the pink tutu - excellent !!

The dreaded curse of the pink tutu - excellent !!

+1 - instant classic

• GipsGips Posts: 44
    edited October 2019

secret lab

interior

secret devices

carrara assemble room

Untitled-1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 914K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2019

secret lab

interior

secret devices

carrara assemble room

Love the retro look !!!

Post edited by Chohole on

You can take my data from my cold dead hands!

Great one, An Error Has Occured.

edited October 2019

Gingerbread man update.

I've rigged the Gingerbrad Man in Studio, created a couple morphs, and have created conforming decorations.  A morph can make him smile.  I've posted a link in the Freebie Forum.

Not feeling good about trying to share this figure.  Still experimenting with a new workflow so I'm not confident that all the correct files are in all the correct places, etc.  Let me know if there are problems.

aa 01 gingerbread man and conforming decorations in Carrara.JPG
    1163 x 817 - 109K
    aa02 sad gingerman.JPG
    1312 x 799 - 122K
    data file and dsf present in my zip.JPG
    579 x 179 - 26K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

secret lab

interior

secret devices

carrara assemble room

great work to see an error has occured 

does that sound right?...  cool

Diomede said:

Gingerbread man update.

I've rigged the Gingerbrad Man in Studio, created a couple morphs, and have created conforming decorations.  A morph can make him smile.  I've posted a link in the Freebie Forum.

Not feeling good about trying to share this figure.  Still experimenting with a new workflow so I'm not confident that all the correct files are in all the correct places, etc.  Let me know if there are problems.

the ginger bread man!

awesome stuff @Diomede .... does one of the morphs have his head bitten off? yummo... I have ginger twice a day wink

the Freak needs a three three rather than a tutu ... fun render yes

Thanks for the comments, Headwax.  Glad the hospital stuff is resolved.  Hope to see more of your glorious renders soon.

Nice Freak render, and thanks for showing the difference between the postworked version and the beauty pass.  Is Freak in a tutu (or a threethree) even forbidden any more?  My impression is that gay material is not as forbidden as it used to be - at least in the US.. :)  I could be wrong.

We have about two weeks left to get renders done.  I can always extend the date if necessary.

Lots of unexplored forbidden territory remains.  In that vein, Halloween renders, anyone?

secret lab

interior

secret devices

carrara assemble room

Whoa!  Did you model all this in Carrara?  Looks very cool.yes

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited October 2019

I've got a more involved idea for this one, but just to throw my hat in the ring, I made this one today.

Going for a Halloween feel here.

"Authorized Personnel Only"

Everything modeled in Carrara, no postwork on this one. All effects done in Carrara. The light behind the door has a light cone effect on it. I also applied blur in the camera settings and three scene effects: a glare and two GMIC filters (a vignette, and artistic/illustration look).

AuthorizedPersonnelOnly_001.jpg
    1400 x 1750 - 980K
    DoorModel.JPG
    1910 x 1028 - 185K
    HallwayModel.JPG
    1915 x 999 - 205K
    HandModel.JPG
    1918 x 1024 - 215K
    SceneSetup.JPG
    1907 x 1026 - 268K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on