Are Iray shaders derived from the DAZ Iray Uber Base shader redistributable ?

I just want to be absolutely sure - are Iray shaders derived from the DAZ Iray Uber Base shader redistributable ?

I.e. if I use it as a base for my own Iray shader, can I include my derived shader in a freebie ?

(Reference: Query related to this Any Redistributable 3Delight/iRay Shaders Letting User Set UV Offsets For A Texture Image ? thread)

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

The Iray Shader base is a shader, do you mean shader presets?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

That will depend on what you are doing, messing about in the Surfaces tab then yes, as all you will be creating are Material or Shader presets.

If you have "dragged" it into ShaderMixer then probably not as you will be bypassing the MDL shader file.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited July 2019

Yep, shader preset, that's what I really meant ! The DUF file I'm thinking of is here -  <wherever>/Shader Presets/Iray/DAZ Uber/ !Iray Uber Base.duf ! wink

So I'll rephrase the question slightly:

Are Iray shader presets derived from the DAZ Iray Uber Base shader preset redistributable ?

-

check.jpg
    261 x 466 - 22K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited July 2019

Nope, I don't plan* to go anywhere near ShaderMixer**.
    I just want to set up two Iray materials for some books I'm doing - (1) hardback cover material (shiny-ish), and (2) page-ends material (matte-ish). Both need tiling*

*I need to control the Tiling Offsets via a couple of integer sliders on the Parameters tab,and I've got that working for the 3Delight shader presets. But adding Iray shader presets may be problematic.
    **I played with it six/seven*** years ago - it wasn't too bad, but I just didn't particularly like it.
    ***Simple Dual Material Shader, DAZ Studio Shader For S.E.Asian Shields, Multi-Layer Tiling DAZ Brick Materials,

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Yep, shader preset, that's what I really meant ! The DUF file I'm thinking of is here -  <wherever>/Shader Presets/Iray/DAZ Uber/ !Iray Uber Base.duf ! wink

So I'll rephrase the question slightly:

Are Iray shader presets derived from the DAZ Iray Uber Base shader preset redistributable ?

-

As far as I'm aware yes, the majority of Iray shader preset sets in the store are.

Thanks scorpio/Bejaymac - hopefully it'll just be a bit of "messing about in the Surfaces tab"