Any Redistributable 3Delight/iRay Shaders Letting User Set UV Offsets For A Texture Image ?

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
edited July 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm creating a DS-native version of a Poser freebie (some of my book stuff).

I'm nearly there, but I've just realized that the ability to set UV offsets (which I was hoping I could ignore) for the texture is rather important.

Note: I'm currently using the basic 3Delight 'DS Default' shader for it, which is why I ran into this problem.

(I never really used iRay because my poor old laptop couldn't cope, and I rarely use DS nowadays - that's purely personal preference, nothing else. So I've forgotten most of what I knew about DS materials.And most of that is probably rather old)

Edit: the attached image should make what I'm talking about a bit clearer

eg.jpg
941 x 410 - 137K
Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786

Iray Uber has image UV offsets as well as tiling

what is missing in all DAZ shader is rotation!

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

Thanks Wendy. where would I find that, and is it redistributable ?

'Uber' rings a bell - I think my problems with the UE2 made me give a wide berth to anything with 'Uber 'in its name. Which was probably rather counterproductive.

Wasn't there an UberShader for 3Delight too ? I vaguely recall something like that... even way back in DS3 days ? I recall never being able to find it in my installation !

edited July 2019

It’s in the shader presets it’s the first of the default iray shaders

and yes it’s the base shader for creating your own

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/panes/surfaces/shaders/iray_uber_shader/shader_general_concepts/start

DZdefault would be the base 3Delight one

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited July 2019

Richard Haseltine would be able to tell you more about distribution but pretty sure as a DAZ studio file and not using PA additional bricks is fine to share with your stuff

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited July 2019

I think I need to get my head examined - the DS Default (3Delight) shader I'm using already has what I want. I can't see how I missed it !

So it's just the iRay shader I need, and that Iray Uber looks to be the one.

So thanks again !

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

I think I need to get my head examined - the DS Default (3Delight) shader I'm using already has what I want. I can't see how I missed it !

So it's just the iRay shader I need, and that Iray Uber looks to be the one.

So thanks again !

Is ok as a Carrara user I need to adjust to these things too,  

and I use Octane so even more fluffing

Poser is different as is every other software as far as shaders go,

I still don’t get Superfly in Poser or Eevee in Blender.