Weird thing with figure position

I must admit I never paid attention before, but now I see that my Genesis 8 figures are loading approx. 0.75 cm off the ground level (as in their feet are not touching the ground).

On the other hand, Genesis 3 figuress are loading properly with their feet at ground level.

Is this normal (i.e. a consequence of A pose .vs. T pose), is it a bug, or is it something on my end messing up my G8 figures?

weird.PNG
845 x 266 - 361K

Comments

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946

I must admit I never paid attention before, but now I see that my Genesis 8 figures are loading approx. 0.75 cm off the ground level (as in their feet are not touching the ground).

On the other hand, Genesis 3 figuress are loading properly with their feet at ground level.

Is this normal (i.e. a consequence of A pose .vs. T pose), is it a bug, or is it something on my end messing up my G8 figures?

I think it's just the difference between the A & T poses. If you rotate the G8's legs inward 6 degrees(or whatever units they are using), they'll match up with G3's. So yeah, I think it's supposed to be that way. It makes it a lot easier when I refit clothes from G8 to G3.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 98
    edited June 3

Quick Fix.

In Daz Studio Edit>Figure>Move to Floor (or Ctrl-D).  When using Riversofts G3F to G8F clothing converter this has become a must for me for bracelets or longer gloves.  Riversoft passed this on as a suggestion from another user.  Takeway could be: a clothing converter author is aware of this setup for G8, and is assumed natural with G8.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 1,078

Yes, click CTLR+D.

They load lifted because the character will wear some shoes and not everyone knows this trick.