KA Carly HD For Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229
edited February 2019 in The Commons

KA Carly

Hi Guys!

I don't post product threads very often, but ive never attempted a character before and i wanted to know what you guys think. She was a lot of work, especially the 'under the hood' work that i didn't even know existed. Carly is a character that i personally would like to use, and that's why i made her, but that's not necessarily universal. Do you like her, not like her? Would you like more conventionally attractive faces rather than plain jane/asymmetrical faces? Do you like more tanned skins rather than pale? Do you make use of the fiber brows/peach fuzz or find them to resource heavy? Any thoughts would be appreciated, especially since it's my first attempt. laugh

Thank youuuuu!

KACARLY Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 712K
Post edited by KindredArts on

Comments

• MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

This character's unique look immediately caught my eye - beautiful. The facial asymmetry and vellus hair add so much realism. The promo art is also excellent - I particularly like the bank heist image. Well done!

• I immediately put her in my wishlist to buy ASAP. I've been looking for a young bookish woman as a character in a story I'm planning and she's perfect.

On the questions you ask, I prefer ssymetric faces, pale skin is better, most people don't spend enough time outside to get really tan nowadays and even then its not all that much of the year in most places. Fibermesh brows are a great choice. I have no idea about the peach fuzz on the face though that's a first I'll have to render a close up and see what it looks like.

• hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167

I like it. The peach fuzz is what's interesting. 

Only issue I see is her eyeballs look kinda weird. Doesn't look spherical. Looks deformed.

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229
    hyteckit said:

I like it. The peach fuzz is what's interesting. 

Only issue I see is her eyeballs look kinda weird. Doesn't look spherical. Looks deformed.

Hmm, i don't know, maybe it's just the render making it look off. Here's a fresh render of her right eye..

eye.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M

Thank you Mark and Kenshaw, i really appreciate your input, i'm glad you like her smiley The peach fuzz is definitely worth a shot, and it should work fine with your other characters too.

• MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

The modeling of the eye and eyebrow look terrific.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Not bought any characters so far this year; yours will be the first, should I do so. I look for some variations and this has it.

• She has a very unique and interesting look. Buying! I probably won't use the peach fuzz much but it is a great option to have.

I love the addition of fibermesh brows, I like to combine painted brows with the fibermesh- since that is what most women that I know actually have! They brush on a layer of color and then accent the actual brow hair with a shaping brush.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Insta-buy for me. Nice work.

@hyteckit "Only issue I see is her eyeballs look kinda weird. Doesn't look spherical. Looks deformed."

I don't see what you're seeing unless you're concentrating on the clay version.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,437

she looks like a young character on Hulu .. A Handmaid's Tale. 

MarkH said:

The modeling of the eye and eyebrow look terrific.

Thanks Mark!

nicstt said:

Not bought any characters so far this year; yours will be the first, should I do so. I look for some variations and this has it.

Great to hear nicstt. im glad  you like her! smiley

She has a very unique and interesting look. Buying! I probably won't use the peach fuzz much but it is a great option to have.

I love the addition of fibermesh brows, I like to combine painted brows with the fibermesh- since that is what most women that I know actually have! They brush on a layer of color and then accent the actual brow hair with a shaping brush.

Thank you for your purchase, it's very much appreciated. Carly has painted brows as stock, and can be combined with the fiber brows obviously. I also like the two working together, it looks 'Right'.

fastbike1 said:

Insta-buy for me. Nice work.

@hyteckit "Only issue I see is her eyeballs look kinda weird. Doesn't look spherical. Looks deformed."

I don't see what you're seeing unless you're concentrating on the clay version.

Thanks FastBike, Glad you like her. I agree, they might have been looking at the eyesurface/cornea geometry - it's my fault, i should have excluded it from the greybox's.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I don't buy a lot of females anymore, but this one...well done ! :)

*claps*

Laurie

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited February 2019

You've been really busy, Andy! First the Apocalypse, and now Carly. (They are both sitting in my cart, soon to be mine.)

Carly is amazing. I usually pick up characters because of their faces, and then create my own, less buxom shape by dial spinning. In Carly's case, I'm loving her shape as much as her face. And except for the Goth look, her makeup looks fairly subtle. I rarely use makeup on my characters, but I can see me using Carly's makeup every time I put Carly in a scene.

She looks really versatile, too. No type-casting for this actor. Thank you for sharing her with all of us.

(Any chance of a similar male in our future?)
    wink

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Character creation is a LOT more work than people realize, but you knocked this one out of the ballpark! I've been a fan of your products for quite some time now (and your promos are often breathtaking) - it looks like we'll have to add character creator to your list of many talents!

She's in the "What's Hot" list - so it looks like she's being well received! Congratulations! heart

AllenArt said:

*claps*

Laurie

Thanks so much Laurie! So glad you like her smiley

L'Adair said:

You've been really busy, Andy! First the Apocalypse, and now Carly. (They are both sitting in my cart, soon to be mine.)

Carly is amazing. I usually pick up characters because of their faces, and then create my own, less buxom shape by dial spinning. In Carly's case, I'm loving her shape as much as her face. And except for the Goth look, her makeup looks fairly subtle. I rarely use makeup on my characters, but I can see me using Carly's makeup every time I put Carly in a scene.

She looks really versatile, too. No type-casting for this actor. Thank you for sharing her with all of us.

wink

Thank's L'adair! Males will be on my list, especially older, more 'weathered' males. I'd also like to try clothing at some point, but i learn at a glacial pace so nothing in the pipeline just yet. Anyway, i hope she serves you well, and thank you for picking her up!

Character creation is a LOT more work than people realize, but you knocked this one out of the ballpark! I've been a fan of your products for quite some time now (and your promos are often breathtaking) - it looks like we'll have to add character creator to your list of many talents!

She's in the "What's Hot" list - so it looks like she's being well received! Congratulations! heart

Thanks Diva! Yes, i had no idea there were so many rules regarding characters. When i handed her in she loaded and looked fine, i thought that was all thats necessary ... nope! She's been back and forth a lot, but QA really helped me out with her. Thank you for your kind words anyway, and i'm flattered you enjoy my promos smiley Hopefully we'll be seeing more Divamakup products in the future?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited February 2019

Congratulations on your first character!

She's well-executed, and given the character's apparent age, I applaud your decision to go with a conservative outfit and pose for the "here is my character's physique" shots. If I were more of a G8 user, I'd probably buy her, square off the jawline, give her curly hair and a couple of years and use her as a Leslie Caron type. (Young adult women, gamine or otherwise? Not a Facegen specialty.)

Post edited by Odaa on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    AllenArt said:

*claps*

Laurie

Thanks so much Laurie! So glad you like her smiley

L'Adair said:

wink

Thank's L'adair! Males will be on my list, especially older, more 'weathered' males. I'd also like to try clothing at some point, but i learn at a glacial pace so nothing in the pipeline just yet. Anyway, i hope she serves you well, and thank you for picking her up!

Thanks Diva! Yes, i had no idea there were so many rules regarding characters. When i handed her in she loaded and looked fine, i thought that was all thats necessary ... nope! She's been back and forth a lot, but QA really helped me out with her. Thank you for your kind words anyway, and i'm flattered you enjoy my promos smiley Hopefully we'll be seeing more Divamakup products in the future?

haha Yeah, I'm really thankful for the testing team - they're a huge help! :) 

And you'll be for sure seeing more products from me. I have something really cool (IMO) cooking up that's currently being tested by my awesome beta tester. Once she gives me the thumbs up that there are no issues I'll be submitting it to PASS. And I have two other products that are about 90% finished. It's been a slow start from me this year because we finally got a house (we've been saving up for 10 years and finally were able to get a house) - it was built in 1978 and judging by the condition hasn't had a thing done to it since. So it's been a TON of working and time getting the house more livable. But we've got it fixed up enough now that we can slow down a bit and I can focus more on my 3D products. :) 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited February 2019

She didn't go in the wishlist, I bought her immediately.  heart

I like the option of having the peach fuzz, if it had been required, I wouldn't have gotten her. I want to be able to decide to use it or not. Interesting, unique approach- kudos!

I like some of the Plain Jane (poor Janes!) looks, because we can always morph them into something we like / want to improve or change.

So far as eyebrows, I noticed another vendor (perhaps more than one) doing the fibermesh, painted, and combination of both options, and that is the way to go. I will be looking for that in all characters and prioritizing buying those. I hate the fibermesh eyebrows frankly, they can look horrid in different lights. Combining with the painted look seems to soften them and work in most lighting.  Another thing I hate is blush on characters, I want a no makeup option or I don't buy it. And don't put eyeliner with the different eyeshadows, have the with and without eyeliner options. 

I also like acne (SLIGHT) and non-acne characters- but no one offers more than one version of the acne face that I know of, so that may be something to consider. No one keeps the same acne all the time. 

I also like it when vendors do a variety of eyebrows, not just change the colors. @darwinsmishap comes to mind. 

Kudos on your first character!!!! Will showcase her in my thread soon in Art Studio.

Post edited by Novica on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

Please contact me.
    I have a ton of ideas for you if you continue with characters!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Did I hear "older weathered males"? You have my attention. LOL

Laurie

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Lyoness said:

Please contact me.
    I have a ton of ideas for you if you continue with characters!

And you are one of the best so that would be a goldmine!   :) 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

wink

Woo hoo! I can hardly wait! Thanks, KA.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    edited February 2019

Nice work for your first character! When I purchase a character the first thing I look at is the head morph and I really liked Carly's. I never use the body morph on any character because I haven't found any that fit my tastes and I have several custom shapes I use all the time. No offense, Carly was to normal, dumpy looking for my tastes, but luckily there are morphs to make any character closer to each users tastes.

Next up is the skin and I liked the quality of what I saw in the promos, even though I normally gravitate twords darker, tanned, less freckled skintones

Next up are any extras that other characters don't have and the fibermesh options sealed the deal for me, especially the peach fuzz.

Been playing around with Carly for the last few hours and overall I'm happy with my purchase and the thought of you doing an "older, more 'weathered' male" is intriquing even though I rarely use male figures, so keep up the great work.

Here is a quick render. I did give her skin some sun, changed the makeup and the eyes, but the face and skin is still 100% Carly

carly2.jpg
    1463 x 849 - 750K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559

Why isn't this thread marked [Commercial]? I thought that was the rule on the forums..

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

YAY! Great job! Yes, do males. And vary your characters so you don't get bored. Her face is so cute! Some unplucked custom eyebrows would be great. Love the peachfuzz. This will be my third peachfuzz product, and I don't mind more. Vein and flip the sclerae, and rotate the irises so they are not identical. She'll be mine Thursday.

So cute, Michael. Thanks for the reference render.

Hey guys, thank you to everyone dropping in above! This thread was more about where i'm moving with characters in the future, but i've tagged it as commercial just to be safe, mods can change this around if needs be.  Thank you to odaa, Novica (See you in the art studio!), FSMC and xyer0 for their breakdowns, it's all been very helpful. I'm taking all your thoughts on board and it will be incredibly useful in the future. I know males keep popping up and it is certainly on my list of todo's. Great render by FSMC too, she's definitely looking more flushed but that certainly is Carly yes

• I really like, that some folks doing real life characters. Can't purchase her now. Have to cut down a little bit, so not this month. However good job.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

She was an instant purchase for me because of her unique and realistic look. Thank you!

• StarkdogStarkdog Posts: 161

I really like Karly's face- she has such a unique quality, that I instantly bought her.  Here she is, waiting for her friend for a great summer afternoon of fun.  I'm also just getting started with Sedor's Iray Skies 4 HDRI lights.

KACarly3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 195K
  • StarkdogStarkdog Posts: 161

Here's the larger version. 3DU Cayley swimsuit, OOT Zola Hair, Sunny Shorts necklace, Vintage Summer Glasses, Tropical Day round bag, and a great expression by Godin/i3D.

KACarly2.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 497K