SideStuffFromOtherSide #01 - Halloween Hair Day

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
edited October 2018 in Carrara Discussion

Historically, Halloween was a day to celebrate hair and fur (no, not really, I made that up).  Let's see you render some hair or fur.  You can use prop hair/fur, conforming figure hair/fur, dynamic hair/fur, or anything else you want.  You can create it yourself or you can use something from your content libraries.  Rules?  There are no stinking rules.  Well, you do have to abide by the forum Terms of Service (TOS).  Enter as many times as you want.  Use postwork, or not.  Render a still or an animation. Have a Halloween theme, or not. Have a hairy being, or bald. Although there are no rules, there is a deadline - Halloween.  You can encourage people from other Daz forums to come and vote.  The host can participate.  It is freakin' chaos!

Deadline = Midnight, October 31, 2018, Daz mountain time (time as recorded in Salt Lake City, Utah).

For official time, go to this website and navigate to mountain time - https://www.time.gov/

Some idea prompts,

- that Halloween black cat!

- that Halloween hag with scraggy hair

- that Halloween costume Lady Godiva with overwhelming hair

- that Halloween costume Rapunzel with overflowing hair

- that Halloween costume Captain Jack Sparrow with pirate hair

- that Hammer Horror villainess Gorgon with snake hair 

- not Halloween and not hairy, that Curly character from the Three Stooges.

Prizes

-1st Place - $10 Daz gift card

- 2nd Place - $5 Daz gift card
- all participants and all visitors to the thread receive a Halloween pumpkin freebie.

See  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4013931/#Comment_4013931

- ties will be broken by the host using a method that is arbitrary and capricious.

This is meant in honor and tribute to @Mistara for her simple and straight-forward side stuff.  Thus, this is the first 'other' side stuff.  Sending positive Karma your way, Misty.

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited October 2018

Here is a freebie hair style.  (This is not the freebie referred to in the prizes list)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/87373/browse/5/3D-Model/Egypt-Dynamic-Hair-for-Carrara

aa01 egypt hair.JPG
    579 x 530 - 39K
    edited October 2018

You are not limited to only sharing your work here.  Hope that made sense.  For some challenges, you aren't allowed elsewhere for the duration of the challenge.  I think that is how the PC Club thing worked.  For this, it is OK to also share your stuff at any stage anywhere else that makes sense, such as Lola's music/poetry or the spooky thread in the Art Studio Forum or at othe sites, as appropriate and as limited by the other posting location.  

For example
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/281101/halloween-and-spoopy-art#latest

But do try to minimize uploading the same file multiple times.  Instead, upload once and link to the same url if possible.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,772
    edited October 2018

Hoowwwwwlllllllllll

Hammered Werewolf 1 text Topaz 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited October 2018

Brush that hair

Brush that hair 1.png
    2800 x 1800 - 3M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,892
    edited October 2018

but I have no hair!

not a render yet but facegen shots were easier to take so might do one

bald.jpeg
    960 x 1280 - 129K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2018
    th3Digit said:

but I have no hair!

not a render yet but facegen shots were easier to take so might do one

The Sigourney Weaver aka Ripley look

gallery-1446569943-alien-3-ripley_800.png
    800 x 998 - 960K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

oh wow, luv halloween!!heartheart

sorry been absent.  was in hospital again, 5 days >.<

edited October 2018

Thank you, Bunyip, for getting us off to a great start.  Loading my 45 with silver bullets as a I type this. Wendy, I think a self portrait scene of you watching Atlantis being inundated with waves may be in order!  Or maybe have single combat with Ripley?  Misty, glad you are out of the hospital.  Hope you are on the mend.  Was worried about you.  

RE: Halloween prompts - Do we have a Carrara hag hair?  Either prop or dynamic?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816

I had a haircut yesterday ( under protest ) as well Wendy, in sympathy of your hair.... 

ooooh.... a side challenge from the other side!... what does that even mean.... scarey spooky stuff maybe from CP? smiley

Mistara said:

hope you feeling betterer today smiley

edited October 2018

well no hair does make taking selfies for Facegen easier

Wendy Bald witch0057.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 483K
    Untitled.jpg
    1196 x 804 - 108K
    Wendy Bald witch0274.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 575K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Hairy Scary Bananas!

.... are coming down the stairs   devil

edited October 2018

@Stezza - funny and creepy at the same time.  Wonderful.

Here is a standard hairy Halloween image from me.  Real fur for millenium cat and PhilW Adera hair.

witch moon 01.png
    1600 x 1600 - 896K
    edited October 2018

Freebie as Promised

Attached to this post should be a zip file containing a very simple pumpkin with procedural shaders.  Free for any use.  Thanks for participating, or for visiting this thread.

dd01 pumpkin freebie.JPG
    1476 x 847 - 102K
    zip
    zip
    Pumpkin Procedural 02.zip
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

thanks for the pump[kin :) nice hair on that cat - did you turn down the shineyness? ia have trouble making it look real

i'll try and make something next few days - how about some halloween eyebrows?

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Sorry to hijack. Misty in hospital?  surprise  I haven't been able to keep up with all the threads. Hope she is on the mend and will soon be back with us.  I was working with Janette G3 last evening. I'd be lost without Misty's talented conversions and tools.  Am going away next week wtihout my computer, but will try and work on something for this. I am such a hair freak!

heartkiss  Silene

hi SileneUK  thanks, came home a few days ago. was out for a whole 3 weeks, went back in again. >.<
    tried too much too soon. taking it slower this time. dr giving me a bonafife note for my dayjob boss

thanks for the pumpkin Diomede
    must be near time for the charlie brown special

halloween eyebrows sounds fun  @ head wax

th3Digit said:

well no hair does make taking selfies for Facegen easier

yoo wearin sexeh outfit there, lace stockins

Stezza said:
    Mistara said:

hope you feeling betterer today smiley

a bit better thanks.smiley

Get well soon, Misty.  Take care of yourself.

edited October 2018
    head wax said:

thanks for the pump[kin :) nice hair on that cat - did you turn down the shineyness? ia have trouble making it look real

i'll try and make something next few days - how about some halloween eyebrows?

RE: Cat fur - I don't remember if I turned down the cat fur shininess, which means I probably did not.  Should have.  I loaded the millenium cat figure without shaders.  I then found my product that has the MAT poses for the millenium cat and loaded the Siamese texture maps.  I then copied those texture maps to the root and tip slots for the fur shaders.

RE: general washout - the moon is from an old project in which the moon was way back in the distance and so the strong aura did not domnate the scene.  I moved and scaled the moon much closer to the figure in this project, but did not reduce the aura effect.  Probably should have.

RE: Pumpkin Freebie - I might post some additional silly Halloween freebies to be added to the thread later this month.  Keep watching!

the moon is ib the 7th house  

Diomede said:

TYooheart

edited October 2018

A Witches House
    with two hairy broomsticks smiley

Witches House.png
    800 x 600 - 580K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Mistara said:
    Diomede said:

TYooheart

Please get betterer real sooner Misty !!!!

edited October 2018

Waiter, there is a hairy human in my soup !!!

FlySoup 1 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Diomede said:

Freebie as Promised

Attached to this post should be a zip file containing a very simple pumpkin with procedural shaders.  Free for any use.  Thanks for participating, or for visiting this thread.

Thanks for the Pumpkin, could use it in the soup.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    Bunyip02 said:

Waiter, there is a hairy human in my soup !!!

very funny, thanks Ted for the breakdown on the shader, nice bats Stezza :) 

can never have too many pumpkins .. thanks @Diomede yes

@Bunyip02 that is frightful! did you scare yourself when you rendered it! ... faaaaaaarrrrk!

To help @Diomede along with some Halloween freebies I posted the Wacky Witches house up in the Wack thread if anyone would like it wink