SOLVED: P3D The Girl 8 Enhanced Morphs Pack

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692
edited April 2019 in The Commons

ANSWER IN SECOND POST BELOW

I downloaded and installed P3D The Girl 8 Morph Pack last night, and since then I get a Duplicate Formulas Found message whenever I load a G8F. I have a 0% success rate with Daz tech support; so, I have not yet put in a ticket.

Post edited by DAZ_Bcreek1 on

Comments

• nyrx99nyrx99 Posts: 10

Did you buy the P3D The Girl 8 Morph Pack by any chance?

That appears to have a CTRLDaphne morph that clashes with Daphne for Olympia 8. I've submitted a support ticket for this.

Open your log file "Help -> Troubleshooting -> View log file" and search for "duplicate" to see what's causing the problem.

If you're seeing the same problem, uninstalling either the P3D morph pack or Daphne for Olympia 8 should clear the duplicate formula for now.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692
    nyrx99 said:

Did you buy the P3D The Girl 8 Morph Pack by any chance?

That appears to have a CTRLDaphne morph that clashes with Daphne for Olympia 8. I've submitted a support ticket for this.

Open your log file "Help -> Troubleshooting -> View log file" and search for "duplicate" to see what's causing the problem.

If you're seeing the same problem, uninstalling either the P3D morph pack or Daphne for Olympia 8 should clear the duplicate formula for now.

Thank you so much. Yes, @nyrx99, I did. And I'd noticed that Daphne had moved to another position in the Parameters > Actor > Head > People list. I've used a percentage of Daphne's shape for a couple of characters; so, I'll uninstall the P3D morph pack.

• DIM has nothing to do with this, though if there was a product update that might be relevant. In DS go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File, jump to the end of the file, and search backwards for duplicate - that should find one of the files contributing to the issue (theer may be multiple lines too, but it's likely that the issue is a clash between two items in each case). What are the fiels listed as causing the issue?

DIM has nothing to do with this, though if there was a product update that might be relevant. In DS go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File, jump to the end of the file, and search backwards for duplicate - that should find one of the files contributing to the issue (theer may be multiple lines too, but it's likely that the issue is a clash between two items in each case). What are the fiels listed as causing the issue?

Thanks, Richard, the solution (and my edit of the thread title) must have been posted while you were responding. Thanks, as usual, for your assistance. You are a Daz national treasure!

• sorry for the problems it caused, it's nearly midnight here, but I promise I will update the package first thing in the morning and bring it to Daz' attention. I will keep you posted :)
    edited June 2018
    P3Design said:
    sorry for the problems it caused, it's nearly midnight here, but I promise I will update the package first thing in the morning and bring it to Daz' attention. I will keep you posted :)

Thanks so much, @P3Design! Have a pleasant night. BTW, I have heaps of your characters, and your G8F irises are my go-to for all my characters. Hailey's skin is exquisite!

Finally, I have so much G3F head morph / skin variety thanks to your characters, but your G8F girls have been less varied (oops!, but not by much). Please consider this, if you haven't already.

Also, Toby for M7 is great! Please help the G8 men out at least once.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • I have updated the package and informed daz. As soon as the update is available you will find it in your DIM. Please uninstall the previous package first, otherwise the duplicate formula window will remain popping up.

@xyer0 Glad to hear you like my characters, their eyes and Haileys skin :) As for variety, how do you mean? Morph wise, skin wise, both? I will surely consider creating a male character again :)

edited June 2018

@P3Design Thanks for the update and info. I apologise about the variety comment. I must have been thinking about skintone variety. I was comparing your entire G3F content against your current G8F content, and I realised that this was not a fair comparison (since there are twice as many characters). I was looking at Adele, Fukiko, Caro, Emi, Dewi, Aluna, Marina, Maria, Josina, Chandra, Cordia, Leora, & Evi (which are each their own type) and comparing them to the G8F characters of yours that I have purchased to date: Kim, Danny, Mylou, Yvette, Libby, Elaina, Soraya, Gina, Hailey. Anyway, I love your work, and I depend on your head morphs and skins to beautify and cute-ify my female characters.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2018

@p3design  Big fan here also. I'm only lacking 5 out of 65. Yes, we'd love more men!!!!heart I showcase your gals often, they're delightful.

Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@xyler0  You might want to put SOLVED in the thread title because the way I found this thread was as a Forum Reference on the product page (Using Ati's app) and if someone doesn't bother to surf in and read that P3Design has addressed the issue, it could hurt her sales unfairly. All they'll see is "Issue"

@Novica: Thanks. Done. Keep up the great work.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Has the update posted yet? I've got it in my cart, and am waiting to hear before purchasing.

@JOdel Not as of an hour ago.

• Hi, just wanted to let you know that the update is live since yesterday :) Thank you for your patience :)

P3Design said:

Hi, just wanted to let you know that the update is live since yesterday :) Thank you for your patience :)

Thanks for the notification! Just downloaded it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Thanks for the heads-up! Will re-download.