Out Now: MV Stella Engineering Deck [commercial]

TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
edited March 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

The MV Stella is a small prospecting, mining and exploratory vessel, leased out by the Mars-Jupiter Mining Conglomerate to asteroid miners and other adventurers. The Engineering Deck is the lowest of its three decks, and holds engines, reactor, and life support equipment. Modular parts mean that props can easily be hidden or used in other sets. The hull wall is split into four parts for ease of camera positioning. Hatches are rigged to open. The hydroponic unit doors open and drums rotate. 11 camera presets are included.

https://www.daz3d.com/mv-stella-engineering-deck

For DS Iray and 3Delight, and Carrara 8.0+

360 View

01-MV_Stella-Engineering-Deck-Daz3d.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
05-MV_Stella-Engineering-Deck-Daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 749K
06-MV_Stella-Engineering-Deck-Daz3d.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
07-MV_Stella-Engineering-Deck-Daz3d.jpg
1600 x 1000 - 908K
12-MV_Stella-Engineering-Deck-Daz3d.jpg
1600 x 1000 - 1005K
Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

I really appreciate the modular approach.  This will be a very versatile set for all my scifi needs.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

So Modular parts - means that when I open your product(s) I will see a SEPARATE LIST of PROPS and I can load them into the scene (or any scene) independently?

And if you did break them up, did you do it ina  logical enough way so the entire gangwalk is 1 prop?

Or the round canisters against the walls are single objects...?

Reason I ask is, I'd like to collect all your sets and use them - mixed and matched to build other rooms and environments.

Breaking it up for camera work is awesome, but sometimes the "parts" aren't broken down in a way that makes kit-bashing possible.

All the objects in the room glued together and "the walls all glued together" shouldn't count as separate props, if you take my meaning.

Not suggesting that you do or ever did this, just being clear on what modular is about.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited March 2018

Very nice! 

I'm also interested in how the various components are separated, but I suppose (worst case) I can use the geometry editor (to hide polygons) and some primitives to 'build' new walls and such, but (as I've said before) I love the 'stacked cylindrical' layout of the various components!    It looks like you've split things up into 19 parts, so that appears promising.

I have no idea iif/when we can expect another addition to this (thinking storage deck), so I'm thinking that one might be able to 'strip out' some stuff from the engineering deck to make a storage deck in the meantime.  That way you have the hatch, ladder, basic wall structure, etc. in the meantime.  Besides, I need a place for my bitchin' space ride...

(with credits to SpaceX for this screenshot, from one of the most awesome test flights in recent memory).

Someone could always strap these models on top of/inside an (upsized) Falcon Heavy or BFR (Big Falcon Rocket) model just for fun... assuming that there's a BFR (or suitably similar) .obj out there somewhere...

StarmanTesla3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 252K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

There's designated storage on the crew deck, including a cargo net (although it isn't rigged), so I hadn't anticipated making a dedicated deck for it. My thought was in this kind of vessel, you'd just cram stores into every available space, submarine style.

I could certainly do a cargo hauler variant, with cago pods though, & make it hatch-compatible . . .

Did you ignore my post?

Sorry, missed it. Happens sometimes when I'm using the phone :(

Yes the props are completely separate items. You can delete them, or load them into other scenes. The only thing I didn't do was make separate icons for them (this is consistent with the other MV Stella sets)

Hopefully this shows how the props are split:

Thank you, sir. Purchased.
    Can't wait to see what you do next.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited March 2018

Well, I pulled the trigger, and now have all three parts that have been released so far!

My thought on the storage deck was a multipurpose deck, focused on eva's, small vessels and probes (think 2001: A Space Odyssey - Discovery's pod deck),,. plus a place to put cargo crates and such, oriented towards when the craft reaches it's destination (if it's an explorer craft).  If it has any 'larger' accesses', the crew access tube would probably have to be enclosed/airlocked somehow, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. ( the lock would extend out to one side from the ladder tube, leaving the rest of the 'pie' for vehicles, containers, etc.).

For those who might be mildly curious r.e how the three current modules stack up, here's a quick render/photoshop promo I just did:

I finally found a suitable use for that Nasalization font I've had in my font library for decades...

The extra space that Tango Alpha has provided between Engineering and Crew makes sense to me.  That'd be a good place to put large reservoirs (for oxygen, hydrogen, etc.), battery packs, life support equipment, and so forth, i.e. things that you don't necessarily need to see.

Someone recently released a centrifuge oriented crew deck, which looks like it actually might fit rather cleanly between the crew and engineering decks with a small amount of work.

The nose hatch (at the top of the command deck) is a way out of course, and great for docking, but the craft I have in mind is a bit larger, so a dedicated EVA deck fits my needs.  Plus, multiple egresses is better than one (in case one section has a vacuum leak catastrophe or something).

Anyways, now to tinker around with some kitbashing, and take a stab at an EVA staging/vehicle/storage deck to tide me over... and ponder just how I can shoehorn these decks into the Toon Rocket - I'm silly that way...

I'm really excited about getting to play around with this finally!  Off to Daz Studio land...

MV-Stella_CmdCrewEng_Decks_.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 252K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

Nice to see them all together laugh

"EVA Deck" . . . . . watch this space (although it won't be a Stella module per se) wink

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Nice to see them all together laugh

"EVA Deck" . . . . . watch this space (although it won't be a Stella module per se) wink

Any initial mockups of the outer shell yet? I’ve grabbed all three sets (great work, as always) and am looking forward to see the outside of MV Stella.

— Walt Sterdan

Not yet, I've got at least one other set to finish first.